(13)

The Reversal

A/N: the text in orange are words from Taehyun's boyfriend's mother that he mimicked. :)

 

Seungyoon held the younger's shoulder and pulled him ever so gently in an embrace. Taehyun's crying doubled, hands furiously searching for the fabric of Seungyoon's shirt. 

"Hush now Taehyun-ah." Seungyoon's words was alomost none existing as the sounds of cryi"ng and bawling of a certain middled part hair boy whose hair is now drenched with sweat and every sad sonnet filled the open space. He felt his shoulder slowly get wet but he didn't mind, he just let Taehyun cry all he wants and he never told him about how hurt he was seeing him cry.

*****

The two boys are now sitting side by side looking down the city lights up in a park Taehyun brought them to. No one spoke a word. Not even when Taehyun pushed away afer crying. Even when he grabbed his bad then Seungyoon's hand. Not even when they walk to this park hand in hand, until Taehyun let go and sat down, pulled Seunyoon uniform and urged him to do the same.

Taehyun pulled a cigarette from his bag, lit it up and and place it in between his lip.

The musically inclined boy looked at Taehyun with awe as he took a long drag from his cigarette before letting the toxic smoke go out his nouth and nose.

"You want?" he then hears Taehyun asked, offering the cigarette that as on his lips to him. 

"I-I don't smoke." he whispered.

Taehyun giggled before taking a cloud of smoke again. before offering it back to Seungyoon.

"My mother said it's unhealthy and-"

"-and wrong?and unnecessary, and disgusting?"

Taehyun cut the older with anger?

"- what else did your mother said about me?!”

Seungyoon opened and closed his mouth trying to find the right words to counter the younger’s angry inquiry.

“I…” hw was speechless. He was feeling offended because Taehyun dragged his mother in his tantrum without any particular reason but he was more angry to his self because he didn't realized it earlier. Taehyun is hurt, so hurt.

“These damn mothers. Always thinking that they know everything.” He hears Taehyun rant again.

You can’t be with my son, you're a boy..huh! she says.” Taehyun mimicked. “You have too many piercings. Do you really go to school? Like duh, I have higher grades than your son! Damn it!” He was clearly frustrated, angry and sad all at the same time and Seungyoon feels so dumb not able to do anything to even just console the latter.

Taehyun lit his second cigarette, inhaled before looking at Seungyoon with a frown.

“What?” He then asked him. “ I said what?”

The older lad just smiled at the angry teenager in front of him, took the cigarette from his hand and place it in between his lip feeling the warmth from Taehyun’s. He inhaled and feel how the smoke occupy his mouth, some going down to his throat…to his lungs before releasing it out. 

He then looked at Taehyun who was starring at him in awe, surprised maybe or even shocked.

“That was intense.” Seungyoon muttered more to his self, examining the cigarette in between his finger before taking some smoke again.

“I-I thought your mother didn't want you to smoke.” He then hears Taehyun said.

He looked at him and saw how he aavoided his gaze and tucked his hair behind his ear. Seungyoon watched in amusement as Taehyun ruffled his hair again, destroying his infamous middle parting, styled his bangs to the side before tucking the remaining stands behind.

“Your piercing.” Seungyoon muttered as he notice all then earrings on Taehyun’s ear disappeared.

“Ah..” Taehyun started, consciously holding his now bare ear.”I took them off, before meeting my boyfriend’s mother. Even my tattoos, covering it with my watch and stuffs but damn he still noticed it. She has an hawk eye.” His eyes started to water again but Taehyun wipe it before even a single tear roll down, like he was desperately trying to be strong.

“So you took off your identity to please her?” Seungyoon dared to ask. “That’s so not you, why?”

“Because I love him.” Taehyun smiled at this, a tear rolling down his cheek, escaping Taehyun’s tight guard. “I ing love him that’s why.” He repeats, now barely a whisper as he starts crying again.

“Taehyun-ah, look at me” Seungyoon calls at he moved in front on Taehyun and kneeled in between his knees. He took his face by his hand, cigarette still in between his finger as he carefully lift the younger’s face and begged him to look at him. “Look at me.”

Taehyun did. Finally, and Seungyoon looked at him like every time their eyes meet, like it’s the first time. He moved the bangs away from Taehyun’s eyes before tucking it in his ears again.

He is indeed beautiful, he thinks.

“You’re beautiful.” He now says. “That’s why don’t cry for an undeserving guy like him.” He continued, caressing Taehyun’s face with his thumb.

“I’ll try.” He hears the younger replied, nodding his head gently in the process. “I’ll try.”

“Good, now lets get you home.” Seungyoon looked at Taehyun one last time before taking a long drag from the cigarette on his hand. He was letting the smoke out mouth as he stood up when a hand grabbed his arm, pulled him around and everything happened so fast. The smoke coming from his mouth was cut by a pair of lips pressed against his in a blink of an eye.

His eyes were wide open as he held at the cigarette in his hand, feeling and confirming if this was real.

“Wha-“ he opened his mouth as his lips were freed, the remaining smoke leaving his mouth.”Wha-what was that for?”

“No-nothing.” Taehyun mumbled. “Lets go, your taking me home right?”

Taehyun was moving too fast. He was standing up within seconds and bad on his shoulder after.

“Wa-wait, did you just kissed me?” Seungyoon asked as he grabbed Taehyun by his shoulder.

“Tha-that’s what they call that, so maybe yes.” Taehyun was avoiding his eyes all the time. “Lets go.” He then said, took the cigarette from Seungyoon’s hand before walking away.

Seungyoon was smiling like an idiot as he stood there touching his lips savoring the warmth of the short kiss.

“Hey! Aren’t you taking me home?” He hears Taehyun shouts from behind. Seungyoon hurriedly grabbed his bag from the ground and run to Taehyun still grinning like there is no tomorrow.

*****

Seungyoon looked at Taehyun in disbelief. He was utterly shocked after hearing how those words escaped Taehyun’s lips. It sounds so familiar like that one night in the rooftop on their school, senior year.

He was feeling furious and this is rare because he considers his self as a calm and patient man but when it comes to his mother, his a total different person. He loosen his hands on Taehyun’s holding, holding on the hem of the younger’s shirt still looking at his eyes, trying..trying so hard to keep calm as memories from back that night came flooding.

Seungyoon inhaled and exhaled, closed his eyes from a brief moment, squeeze the hem of the younger’s shirt before wrapping his arms around Taehyun’s waist, looked at him and smiled.

“You want to smoke?” He asked, pulled the drawer beside Taehyun’s waist and pulled out the box of cigarette he remembers Taehyun’s close hyung Jinwoo was tasked to place last week they had a small lunch together. Taehyun looked at him dumbly as he light the cigarette, took a long drag and blew the smoke up towads the ceiling and smiled at him. “You want?” He offered trying to recall how Taehyun asked him for his first smoke back then.

“You-you smoke?”

Seungyoon shook his head.

“Not all the time, just when I only need it”. He explained.

Taehyun blinked a few times, dumbly opening and closing his mouth with no words coming out.

“I know where your coming from.” Seungyoon tells him. “But I promise, my mother will be thrilled to see you.”

Taehyun closed his eyes, inhaled before looking at Seungyoon again.

“O-okay.” He then whispered. “I’ll try.”

“Great.” Seungyoon whispered back. “This feels like a déjà vu though.” He continuous as he examined the cigarette in between his finger before smiling at Taehyun.

“You only have to kiss me to experience one vivid déjà vu.” He joked, laughed because he actually found himself funny before taking in smoke again. He released the cloud from his mouth, seeing how it flows out like a white tunnel between Taehyun and him and then he noticed it. Taehyun was moving slow, it’s slow this time. He can see how Taehyun closed his eyes, closed the distance between them, clashing against the smoke between them before covering the outlet of the toxic smoke.

He felt how Taehyun in some of the remaining smoke from his mouth, moved away and blew the little cloud of smoke he got.

“It’s been a while since I smoked.” He hears Taehyun said. “Never knew it could be delicious. “

*****

A/N

A wild update appears.

I want to say sorry, so so sorry because this update took so long. My laptop broke so 

I needed to re-type. I was caught between our short film and intership and I still have

finals this week but I just wanted to update for guys. 

Hello, hello.

Well, COMMENT.SUBSCRIBE or UPVOTE

if you like the story. Update coming soon.

<3 <3 <3