(1)

The Reversal

It was exactly 5 years ago as Seungyoon remembered. It was 5 years ago yet the feeling felt so new like it just happened to him yesterday. It was 5 years ago but still Seungyoon can tell he still loves him.

The 21 year old aspiring musician found his self alone in his studio one lazy afternoon. Guitar comfortably placed in his lap he found himself looking through old photo album for a new song inspiration; birthday parties, homecoming, New Year, Christmas Eve, outings and graduation. Every moment was captured and framed. That was he back then when he was still a student. Never failing to take his old-trusty camera to school festivals and when he just felt like it coz it’s never been wrong to capture moments. He was busy laughing over funny faces when a certain face caught his attention. Long brown, silky hair tucked in his ear. Slanted eyebrows and perfected shaped lips. He was Nam Taehyun, Seungyoon’s first love.

He met Taehyun during entrance ceremony. They were in same age, same class but complete opposite when it comes to personality. Seungyoon is a happy kid, a smiley boy who talks a lot. He likes music, photography and self proclaim romantic. On the other hand Taehyun is almost silent every time. He sits alone, eats lunch alone, sometimes with a friend or two but most of the time spends his vacant in the library. Seungyoon would often visit the library since he met Taehyun. His friends would always ask why on earth he would go to the library when finals had ended but he’ll just shrug it off. Taehyun would always sit on the corner near the window, a pile of books on his table while one wide open in front of him. Taehyun looked the same as always, lips in a straight line, eyes glued on the books almost unmoving. Seungyoon almost believe Taehyun is stoic and a complete rude guy but not until he smiled that smile that struck the older.

Seungyoon’s visit to the library became often. He’ll check on the books Taehyun read hoping to catch the part that made Taehyun laugh at the same time hoping to know the latter better. In the end of the week Seungyoon would borrow the books the younger reads and spend his weekends reading them. He felt he became close to the silent kid especially when he writes his name beneath Taehyun’s when returning the book in Mondays. He sounded so lunatic but somehow he felt they’re connected.

For the past years he did it like that. He never had a complete conversation with Taehyun, only small “Good Morning” and “Hello”. He was itching to talk with Taehyun and so one Wednesday he decided he would. The bell had ringed 10 minutes ago and it was Taehyun’s turn to clean up. Seungyoon presented to help and the younger just nod continuing to clean the board. He has his hair tucked in his ear again, showing his ear piercing. “Such a rebel.” Seungyoon taught as he started sweeping the floor. His heart was beating so fast and his lips were sealed. He doesn’t know what to say but he wants to talk so bad.

“So you’re that Kang Seungyoon?” The older almost flinched when he heard the younger spoke, voice deeper that he expected but still it sounded beautiful.

That Kang Seungyoon you say?” he asked back, mind fuzzy co’z finally he spoke with Taehyun.

“You know, the one borrowing all the books I’ve been reading.”

“Ohhhh.” Seungyoon uttered after hearing the younger’s words. He nervously gripped on the broom he was holding. What if he leaves a bad impression but it’ll be worst to lie.

“Yeah, I guess I’m that Kang Seungyoon.” He answered, biting his lower lip in anxiousness as he waited for Taehyun to call him stalker but it didn’t come. Taehyun just shrugged and continue his cleaning. Seungyoon sigh, looking at the back of his admiration and smiled.

The sun was setting when the two of them finished the cleaning. Their conversation didn’t progress after that and they kept silent until they finished and Seungyoon was disappointed. He was pouting and he was not trying to hide his displeased as he packed his things and get ready to head home.

“Why are you pouting?” he then heard Taehyun asked.

“Huh?” was the only word he was able to utter coz Taehyun’s voice was still ringing in his ear.

“You look ridiculously childish.” Taehyun commented. He is undeniably frank, the older realized and it made him smile.

“Now you’re smiling, you look creepy.” The brown haired lad commented as he steps out the room not forgetting to shout a “Thank you” before complete disappearing in the hallways.

Kang Seungyoon remembered it all as he looked at the photo he was holding. It was was 5 years ago and he never expected how funny destiny could be.

After browsing through albums the black haired musician felt suffocated and decided to take a small walk outside. Minutes later he found his self inside a newly opened café in the corner. It’s almost packed but still a lot of free space for his convenience. The line wasn’t that long and it only took a few minute when it’s finally his turn to order. Maybe because Seungyoon was too focused of picking a drink he didn’t notice those familiar eyes in front of him. Or maybe because he was too hungry he didn’t saw those delicate fingers in the counter or maybe, just maybe he was too engrossed thinking about the past he didn’t notice it’s in front of him.

“Hi, I’m Nam Taehyun, what would you like to have sir?”

 

xx

A/N

first chap. Sorry for the typos, dont have time to edit.

see ya in the next chap :)