Chapter 17

Online Friend...?

The hotel was bustling with traffic - both human and vehicles. Ever since Ilhoon took over, Royal Gala Hotel is now back to where it used to be. In fact, Ilhoon even added various new features to the hotel. It is indeed an achievement for Ilhoon. You entered the Royal Gala Hotel, greeting the staff members with a smile as you walked to the lift lobby.

 

Though you came here often to pay Ilhoon a visit, you have yet stayed in this hotel. As much as you want to, you see close to no reason in staying there as you have a house - no, two houses in Seoul itself. Ilhoon does not mind either as he understood you. But there were occasions which tempt you to book a room in that hotel and most of it were when celebrities from overseas come over to stay. But you won't bother, because you have Jiyongie.

 

As soon as the lift arrived, you entered and pressed the top floor as you waited patiently to arrive your destination. The sound of the lift ding signifies your arrival and you exited the lift, walking to the office.

 

"Good Morning, Secretary Lee. Is Chairman Jung in?" you asked the lady at the desk.

 

She stood up and bowed to you politely before replying, "He is in. Just go straight ahead." You smiled and nodded before walking to the way the lady gestured. Once you're at the door, you gave it a couple of knocks.

 

"Come in!"

 

His voice shouted from the other side and you smiled, pushing the glass door and entering his office. Ilhoon looked at you in shock, "Oh, Hana-yah! What are you doing here?" You giggled and placed the bouquet of flowers on his desk.

 

"I am just paying a visit to my best friend," you smiled. "Congratulations on being the Chairman, Mr. Jung Ilhoon."

 

He raked his hair back and chuckled at your comment, "I am still learning how to manage with the help of Omma and your mum." I smiled and nodded.

 

"Thanks for the flowers though," he looked at the flowers. "I am sure Jiyong would be jealous if he finds out."

 

You immediately laughed upon hearing that name, "Jiyong won't get jealous." He turned to you with the why not look and you decide to finish your sentence by lifting your hand and showing him. Ilhoon's face immediately lit up with amazement and cheered for you.

 

"HE PROPOSED TO YOU? WHEN? YESTERDAY?" he asked and walked towards you to have a look at the ring.

 

You smiled genuinely and nodded. Jiyong proposed to you yesterday. Online. 

 

 

You were scrolling down your Instagram feed when you got a notification from Instagram by @xxxibgdrgn. Without even clearing the notification, you immediately typed out @xxxibgdrgn on the search icon and looked at the picture he just posted. Tears begin to fill your eyes as you saw a winked selca of him biting the loop of a diamond ring, with the caption #KIMHANA #WILLYOUMARRYME 

 

Since you were at the YG creative corner, resting on the sofa, you immediately got up and dashed to the recording room Jiyong was in. Once at the recording room, you opened the door and saw BIGBANG and 2NE1 in the room with their phones recording. But your eyes were fix to Jiyong who is on one knee on the ground with the ring. Your hands went to cover your mouth and you jumped to Jiyong's embrace screaming "Yes". The recording room was filled with cheers by both BIGBANG and 2NE1 who were recording the both of you as Jiyong lifted you to the air and turned the both of you room, with you clinging onto him tightly. They also posted those vidoes on their various Instagram posts and stories. 

 

And it did not take long for another Instagram post to circulate around the Korean media alongside Jiyong's. A picture of your hand with the ring on your ring finger with the caption #ISAIDYES 

 

 

 

"So when is the marriage?" Ilhoon asked and looked at you.

"Probably next year," you answered.

 

Ilhoon smiled, and gave you quick hug before letting you go and holding your shoulders, "I am happy for you, Kim Hana. I truly am!" You grinned, "I know. He's waiting for me downstairs."

 

"Well, tell him I say hi and don't forget to invite me to your wedding!" Ilhoon cheered.

 

You nodded in return and waved him goodbye before walking back to the lift lobby.

 

 

Jiyong stepped on the gas as he drove down the city lights of Seoul, one hand on the wheel and the other is on your hand. You rested your head on the headrest as you watched the cars and lights zooming past the Lamborghini you're in.

 

"How's Ilhoon?" Jiyong asked as he drove.

"He is doing well and said hi. He also wants us to give him a wedding invitation," you answered and smiled.

"I have no regrets in proposing to you anyways," Jiyong laughed.

 

You giggled in return and continued to watch the city from your window. You could still remember the day you woke up in bandages on the hospital bed and was expecting to see your parents by your side…

 

 

 

You groaned and woke up to realize that you are now lying down on the hospital bed. Jiyong is next to you, holding your uninjured hand and sleeping away on the chair. Truth to be told, you were expecting Omma and Appa by your side instead of him. But you're not complaining, as soon as you saw the night skies from your window. There were also various flower bouquets and fruits baskets arranged by the window and you assumed it was meant for you though you felt such gestures were unnecessary. You looked around the room - a first class ward, must have been Omma's and Appa's work. You could not blame them because you are a chaebol after all and they would want the best for their only daughter. You shifted and looked at your other hand, wrapped in bandages. Your arm were filled with various IV tubes. You heaved out a sigh. Looking at the IV tubes, you are convinced that you had underwent an operation or something similar to that.

 

You tried moving the fingers of that hand and could not help but to wince and unknowingly clenched Jiyong's hand. With that, Jiyong immediately woke up and looked at you.

 

"Babe? You're awake?" he looked at you and smiled. A smile of relief.

 

You nodded and smiled in return. He immediately took your hand and pressed it against his lips and then towards his cheeks.

 

"What happened, Jiyong Oppa?" you asked.

 

He then brought your hand to the bed and looked at you, "Your vein got punctured and you were losing a lot of blood. But everything is okay now and stitched. The doctor said you should not move to much so that the stiches won't open."

 

You nodded in return and gave it a thought.

 

"So is the media crazy about this issue?" you can't help but to ask.

"They are," Jiyong answered as his hand caressed your head. "But sajangnim had hired guards to protect you"

 

You nodded. What about the criminal himself?

 

As though he's reading your mind, he opened his mouth and answers, "He's sentenced to life imprisonment. It accumulated because of the civil crime he committed. Royal Gala Hotel is now under Jung Ilhoon and YG Entertainment is his shareholder alongside your parents."

 

Your mouth immediately formed an "O" as he updated you. He then pour a glass of mineral water for you as you watched him. Once poured, he gave you the glass. You took it with your uninjured hand and drink it before giving the emptied glass back to Jiyong.

 

"Jiyong Oppa, " you uttered and looked at him.

 

He hummed and looked at you. Immediately you shifted aside and patted the empty space. He smiled at your gesture and brought the bed side frame down before climbing and lied down next to you. With him next to you, you immediately lied down on his chest as he played with your hair.

 

"Oppa, which is more important? To be liked or to be respected?" you asked him.

 

He gave it a thought before answering, "It is more important to be respected than liked. You will then be treated with respect and people will look up to you. Being liked does not mean people liking you though, because it is possible that people will go through all sorts just to get people to like them."

 

You hummed and nodded, "Jung Changsun did those to get people to hate us and yet we are treated with respect." He smiled and poked your nose, "That's because we respect people so it is only right for them to do that in return."

 

You giggled in return and looked at him - taking in all his facial features. The eyes, nose and lips of Kwon Jiyong. The guy you fell in love with. The guy whom you met through Instagram. It's amazing how despite what had happened, both of you pulled through together. He glanced at you, wondering as to why you are staring at him.

 

"Is there anything on my face?" he asked out of curiosity.

 

You shook your head and smiled, diverting back your attention to how it was earlier. "I am so thankful to have you by my side, Hana-yah. I am not sure how I will be like without you. I am so glad that you did not run away when I snapped," he whispered and kissed your head. You smiled and whispered in return, "I will always be here for you if you ever need me."

 

Jiyong pulled you closer and tighter to his embrace, "Me too, babygirl. Me too." For you, it was interesting enough that the both of you did not speak about the incident again but you decided not to question since the case is pretty much closed. You continued to lose yourself to Jiyong's warmth and the sound of his heartbeat lulled you to sleep.

 

 

 

"Babygirl?" Jiyong's voiced pulled you back to reality.

 

You turned your head to him and hummed. "We're homed," he told you. You looked outside and realized that he had sent you home, your parent's home. He then entered the house and pulled his car over, the gates automatically closing on his own. Both of you then exited the car and walked to the main door.

 

"Omma and Appa are away on a business trip, but that doesn't mean you can do anything to me," you scoffed and opened the door.

 

Jiyong followed close behind with a chuckle, "I know that. Your Appa had warned me and he wants me to look after you while they are away."

 

You raised your eyebrows at him with a smirk, clearly skeptical of his words. He laughed at your reaction, amused by your reaction as the both of you climbed the stairs and walked to your room. As soon as both of you arrived your room, you sat on your bed and watched him sat next to you.

 

"I can't wait to get married with you, babygirl," he whispered and lied down on your bed. "Damn, this room hold soooo many memories."

 

You looked at him, speechless by his comment and slapping his thigh as he laughed in return before sitting down. His gaze immediately drifted to the infamous painting on the wall. You followed his gaze and looked at the feathered painting as well.

 

"Have you found your meaning of the painting?" Jiyong asked.

"No, why?" you asked.

 

You wanted to decipher the various meanings of this painting but for some reason, you can't find a meaning to this painting. It was a painting made by you and your dad. It was a picture of two feathers forming a heart. The feather on the left were painted in the dull and dark hues while the feather on the right were painted in brighter colours. Even though it formed a heart, there are still small bits of coloured feathers being "blown" away. You stared at the painting. And Appa's words continue to hover you.

 

It may be meaningless now, but eventually you will understand its meaning…

 

"Because I found mine," Jiyong's words broke the silence and you immediately looked at him.

 

He glanced at you with a smile, before looking at the painting once again. "The two feathers… The one with dark hues, that's Kwon Jiyong. While the one with brighter hues, it's G-Dragon. So, the intertwined rachis, it makes the feathers seem whole with a heart - which means that it makes me as a whole. And then the small bits being blown away, as you continue to live as the days goes by, you lose the bits and pieces of yourself but that makes you a better person which is the heart. You get me?"

 

You nodded in amazement upon his answer, he has a point though. It makes sense to Jiyong but not to you. Maybe that's the purpose of this painting.

 

"How long did it took for you to understand the meaning?" you asked as you looked at the painting.

"As soon as I see it, I felt the connection and meaning," he answered and lied back down on the bed.

"Does that means I painted this long long time ago and it was meant for you?" You turned and looked at him.

 

He grinned and sat back up, only to wrap his arms around your waist and pulling you down on the bed with him. "I believe in fate, Kim Hana. That painting must have been our fate," he whispered before sealing you lips with his. Upon feeling his lips on yours, you found yourself melting in his embrace and your face heated up. His kiss, for some reason, is always mind-blowing and with his kiss himself, you could feel the love he has for you and you won't hesitate to give the same love in return. But this time, the kiss is difference. As soon as he pulled away from you, both of you were breathless.

 

"I love you so much, Kim Hana," he whispered and showered your neck with his kisses. "I really can't wait to watch you walk down the aisle."

"I love you too, Kwon Jiyong," you smiled and whispered in return.

 

You could feel his smile on your neck, "Let's hope that your parents won't be home so soon."

 

Wait, what?

 

And the next thing you knew, you have Jiyong hovering over you. You can't help but to giggle at this dragon and decided to follow his lead as both of you begin to take off your clothes.

 

Oh wells… What's the worst that could happen?

 

"HANA-YAH! WE'RE HOME!"

"HANA, ARE YOU HOMED?"

 

Jiyong and you immediately looked at each other and froze.

 

We haven't got started and they are home.

 

You immediately jumped off the bed and tossed Jiyong his clothes while you hurriedly put on your clothes as the demeaning footsteps got louder and closer to the door of your room. The doorknob clicked and you dashed to the door and opened it.

 

"Omma! Appa! You're home!" you forced a smile and cheerful demeanor.

 

Omma immediately hugged you, together with Appa. However, Appa's eyes drifted to the guy on the bed, "I have nothing against Jiyong but what is he doing on your bed?" Appa pushed you away and looked at you while Omma only realized that Jiyong is on your bed. As though on instinct, you lifted your finger and showed your parents, "He wanted to surprise me."

 

"OMO! CONGRATULATIONS MY BABY!" Omma looked at your hand and pulled you to her embrace once again.

"Wow, so he's getting married to my own daughter?" Appa grinned and walked to Jiyong.

 

Both Omma and me turned to look at the men. Jiyong was already bowing to Appa as the elder walked towards him. "Please, sir, I hope that you will allow me to marry your daughter," Jiyong said and looked at him. You could tell Jiyong is nervous.

 

Oh gosh, Appa, don't kill him…

 

Appa laughed and rested his arm over Jiyong's shoulder, "Now that you're my future son-in-law, maybe I should teach you a thing or two about marriage life." With arm still over Jiyong's shoulder, both men exited your room and you can't help but to be intrigued.

 

"Omma, do you think Jiyong Oppa will be okay?"

"Don't worry, he will."

 

Stay strong, Jiyong Oppa.

 


AND WITH THAT, WE HAVE COMPLETED ONLINE FRIEND!!! Alright, first and foremost, I would like to thank everyone for having faith in me and encouraging me to continue writing. I really appreciate it from the heart. Next, thank you so much for your patience in waiting for me to finish Online Friend, though I felt guilty for taking a long time to complete despite knowing the fact that it was ending. I am really really really grateful for your patience and support and I am not sure if my words were able to convey my gratitude towards you all but I hope you get what I mean. I love you guys to the max! <3 Also, thank you for subscribing and commenting!

If you feel that I should do a one shot for this story like how I do it for 12 Hours Together, do comment down your ideas or suggestions and I will gladly take it into consideration, and crediting you of course! 

And don't forget to check out and subscribe to my new story: Caretakers

It is a story with a new concept which I am attempting on. Love you guys once more and see you in the more stories to come! <3 And perhaps we can meet again in the new story which I am currently working on.