Chapter 16

Online Friend...?

"Jung Changsun… What are you doing here..?" I uttered, taking a step back.

 

He shook his head and clapped his hands before looking at me with a sinister grin, "I am so happy that you recognized me, Kim Hana. How is Ilhoon doing? How's your date with Jiyong? Why not we sit down and have a chat?"

 

You immediately pointed your knife at him, "Breaking into a house is trespassing and it is punishable by LAW!" 

 

Jiyongie… Where are you?

 

  "Law is not justice, Hana-yah.." he grinned, his arms folded. "Law separates you and the things you love."

  "That's because you went against law! Your eyes were blinded with greed, of course you have to get separated," you countered.

 

He sat down comfortably on the chair and looked at you. You remained on your guard. But what questions you most right now… Why isn't he attacking you? Isn't that what people who broke in would do? Why is he here?

 

  "Ilhoon.. How is he? Does he still hate me?" he asked.

 

You looked at him, not uttering a word.

 

Why is he asking about Ilhoon out of the blue?

 

   "I heard he is going to SBS for an interview. I am sure he's going to reveal Royal Gala Hotel," he diverted his gaze away from you.

   "Why did you break in to the house?" you asked him.

 

He turned to you, unfazed. You could tell that he is observing you but you kept quiet and remained on your guard. That's the only thing you can do for now. He then turned away.

 

   "Hana-ssi, Yuna and I made a grave mistake. Yuna wants to flee the country, but I am convinced that she is now arrested at the airport. We are criminals after all. Yuna was a huge mistake. I can't even face Hyeri or Ilhoon now. Not even your parents," he uttered. "All Yuna did was dig for money and asking for more. Hyeri knew was trouble but I didn't believe her. What more Ilhoon? As much as I want to blame Yuna, I am also at fault."

 

Hearing his rants made you dropped your guard. Your knife was lowered but you remained where you are, not uttering a single word since you sort of figured out that he is out here ranting.

 

   "Hana.." he called you out and you nudged your head. "I want to go prison faster. Can I make it look like I am kidnapping you?"

 

You frowned, shocked by his absurd request. "Why would you do that?" you asked. He heaved out a sigh, "I doubt you asked for help either, so I am going to make a threat using to them."

 

Wait, what?

 

   "I've brought everything I needed. I promise I won't do anything. I just can't live like this any further," he stood up and took his bag.

   "No, go back! I don’t trust you!" you shouted and stepped back. "DON'T MOVE! STEP BACK!"

  

He took a step back and raked his bag, laughing. You immediately lifted your knife, pointing at him. "What are you trying to do with me?" you asked sternly, or so you thought. He grinned and looked at you.

 

   "As expected of strong headed Kim Hana… You're not easy to manipulate, huh?" his dark eyes visible and boring holes into you.

 

…Is he a psychopath…? Or mentally ill?

 

   "I don't know whose fault it is to destroy Royal Gala Hotel…" he uttered as he dug for something in his bag, "But my own son, Jung Ilhoon, destroyed my years of effort just because I want to make my sweetheart Yuna happy."

 

Your heart is beating fast, the fear begin to consume you but you stood firm. You're not even sure what you are dealing with now. But right now, you are sure you are more afraid of this guy then a Jiyong who snapped. One of your hand is holding the knife, while another hand is at the doorknob of the door leading towards the backyard.

 

Danger alert. Run at any time.

 

    "I sent people to throw eggs at you and G-Dragon!" he shouted.

 

That ticked you off.

 

    "It was you all along?" you asked, shocked by his confession. 

 

And that was what he needed to explode.

 

     "YUNA SAID SHE COULD MAKE ME HAPPY. I GAVE HER EVERYTHING I HAVE. AND THEN WE GOT INTO A SCANDAL AND ROYAL GALA IS FLOPPING! YUNA HELPED ME BRING ROYAL GALA BACK UP BUT APPARENTLY WE ARE A HOT TOPIC OF THE MEDIA! YEJIN DIVORCED ME AND GAINED CUSTODY OF ILHOON. THROW ILHOON AT ME, AND I WILL NEVER TAKE CARE OF HIM!!"

 

You stood still, listening to his rants and various confessions. Heck, you're not even sure if replying is a good thing or not.

 

    "AND THEN I FOUND OUT YOU AND G-DRAGON ARE DATING! YUNA PAID THOSE KIDS TO THROW EGGS AT YOU TWO! AND THEN, WE GOT SUED!" He walked around in a circle with hands up, as though trying to process the logic of getting sued, you assume?

 

Umm… Sorry Changsun, but why do you have to go around your life story- SHUT UP MIND. At least you're still alive and he's wasting time.

 

    "AND TO ADD ON!" his booming voice brought you back to reality and you looked at him, not sure whether to find this situation absurd or amusing. "YOU WON THE BLOODY LAWSUIT AND NOW ILHOON AND THE REST ARE BUYING THE HOTEL!"

 

I wonder why… Well, sarcasm intended.

 

    "ILHOON IS GOING TO REVEAL EVERYTHING TO SBS SO WHAT IS THERE LEFT FOR ME? NOTHING. HANA-YAH, I AM LEFT WITH ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!" he turned to you. "Therefore…" he turned to his bag once again and begin digging.

 

Run, Hana-yah, run. I have a bad feeling about this.

 

He took out a dagger, and begin to run his finger around the blade.

 

 

   "As you can see, Ilhoon took everything away from me," he then turned to you and looked at you darkly. "As you mentioned earlier, law is law. And I am a criminal after all. So even if I murder you, I would get at most 4 years of sentence."

 

You looked at him, horrified and blood drained out of you immediately.

 

Is he going to attempt what I think he is going to?

 

   "Ilhoon took everything. Now, I am going to take everything from him," he grinned.

 

Oh , I am screwed.

 

    "STARTING FROM YOU, KIM HANA!"

 

You immediately turned the knob and dashed out of the house and to the backyard, with Changsun at the end of your tail. You never expect that he would go this crazy. Your heart jumped to your chest and you're dead terrified now.

 

    "Hana-yah, don't run away!" he cooed.

 

You turned your head and saw him aiming his dagger at you.

 

OH OH OH OH OH  

 

    "HANA, DIE YOU !"

 

You immediately turned left and fell down on the grass patch. You took a deep breath and turned, to see the dagger stuck on a tree, more like one of Omma's precious tree. And with what just happened... Looks like it has 10 years of your lifespan. 

 

Good save, Hana. Time to run.

 

You pulled yourself together as you saw him getting close and ran off to the front porch. No matter what, you need to get out of the house. That is the only way where you can be safe. You could feel the fear overwhelming you but you fought on, because your life is on the line. As though luck is on your side, you could hear the police sirens from afar and getting louder. You can't help but to give a smile of relief subconsciously.

 

Police, thank god.

 

But a sharpening pain pulled you back to reality and you looked down to your leg. The outer side of your right thigh had been struck by his dagger.

 

   "Not bull's eye, but close enough," he smiled with pride.

 

You fell down and winced in pain, blood oozing out of your wound. He pulled another dagger from his back pocket and walked towards you.

 

He has two daggers?! OR MORE?! THE HECK!! 

 

   "Maybe I should end it now, since police are down here patrolling," he grinned.

   "It's not patrolling, you sickening bastard! They are after you!" you hissed.

  

His eyes got twice its size as realization begin to hit. But it darkened once again as he immediately pounce on you with his dagger. "YOU !!" he shrieked and attempts to attack you but you managed to defend yourself with the kitchen knife in your hand. His strength begin to take a play as you begin to lose power. But with the dagger aimed at your head, you decide to do whatever it takes to save your own life. You wrapped your other hand around the blade of the knife and begin to overpower him, as Changsun is noticeably struggling. Your hand around the blade begin to bleed and you can't help but to wince in pain, but you were to caught with defending yourself that you decide to endure both pain from thigh and hand.

 

     "POLICE! STEP BACK!"

     "HANA!!"

 

You heard Jiyong's voice and immediately kicked Changsun's weak spot with your left leg and pushing him aside. With that, police officers begin to apprehend him - pushing him to the ground and handcuffing him. Jiyong and Youngbae immediately ran to your aid.

 

      "Babe, you okay? Still alive?!" he asked and grabbed your cheeks.

 

You took a deep breath and smile, along with a nod. Jiyong heaved out a sigh of relief and hugged you tightly.

 

      "I am so sorry for not being there. I am so sorry! If I knew this would happen-" he cried, and you cut him off.

      "Don't be sorry. Hey, I am still here. It's okay, I fought on," you whispered. "Though it still hurts."

 

Youngbae laughed, "That's the closest you ever get to sword fighting, Kim Hana." You smiled in return, "One experience is enough for now."

 

       "Jung Changsun, you're under arrest for trespassing and attempt of murder! Whatever you say now may use against you so it's best for you to shut up," the police officer told Changsun sternly before the other two pushed him into the car before driving off. The police officer then approached you, squatting to your eye level.  "So you're Kim Hana?" she asked. You nodded in return, and she gave a warm smile.

 

       "Good fight there, Kim Hana. An ambulance is arriving soon and also," she took her phone out of her pocket. "You did a good job at calling Jiyong-ssi and letting us hear the conversation. That is a strong and solid evidence."

      "You were with Jiyong..?" you uttered in shock, and looked at Jiyong and her.

      "I was at YG earlier to discuss about this whole case and then you called Jiyong. Oh yeah, and I forgot to introduce myself. I am 1st Senior Officer, Yoon Mina. Nice to meet you," she smiled.

      "Nice to meet you too?" you smiled in return.

 

You both then heard the sound of the ambulance and soon parked right before you. Officer Yoon immediately stood up as paramedics begin to help you out. Jiyong and Youngbae moved aside to make way for you.

 

     "I'll pay you a visit at the hospital, yeah?" Officer Yoon smiled at you. "I would like to investigate first."

 

You nodded and smiled in return as you watched her enter your premises with another officer. Two paramedics begin to cover your wounds with bandages to stop the bleeding. Not soon after, you are on the stretcher and wheeled into the ambulance. Jiyong followed you inside while Youngbae took the car they came in and drove behind the ambulance.

Jiyong took your uninjured hand and pulled it to his lips, as another caressed your hair, "Even without me, you are such a strong girl. I love you, Hana-yah." You smiled, that's all you can do now as fatigue is kicking in.

 

    "I love you too, Jiyongie."


There you go~ DOUBLE UPDATES. And also, this is what I was dying to let you all read.. Hana's bravery. To add on, there will be more Jiyong X Hana scenes after this since this chapter is more focused towards our Hana. Tell me your comments and do subscribe too! Love you guys to the max! <3

Also, don't forget to subscribe to my new story which is coming up really really soon - Caretakers

THANK YOU AND LOVE YOU ALL! <3