005

✉ The Boys Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hyun-ah, someone is here! Please open the door," shouted Mrs Seo from the kitchen as she was cooking.

Seohyun groaned and sat on the bed, rubbing her eyes. She was only wearing a big t-shirt and shorts.

"Hyun, do you hear me?"
"Yes, yes, I'm coming." 

Seohyun growled and went downstairs. She went to the living room and opened the door, her eyes widened when she saw a family, standing in-front of her. Probably her mother's guests.

"Seohyun?"

Seohyun was standing there, totally frozed. She didn't know what should she does, so she was just waiting for her mother to save the mood.

"Oh? Gayoung-ah!" 

Mrs Seo ran towards the woman and shared a friendly hug with her. 

"Pretty sure mom and dad used to be so friendly during their teenage lifes," Seohyun thought. 
"Please come in." Mrs Seo invited them as all of them went to the living room and sat on the sofas. 
"Hyun-ah, this is the Nam Family. Remember? The Nam Family that mom always talks about and you used to play with their son when both of you were young," said Mrs Seo as she introduced the family to Seohyun. 
Seohyun smiled and bowed, "Hello, I'm Seohyun. Nice to meet you all back." 
"Aigoo, our Seohyun is getting prettier." Mr Nam said as he earned a chuckle from Seohyun. 
"Thank you." 
"Well, this is Nam Joohyuk. Joohyuk, this is Seohyun. Still remember? Both of you used to be so close!" Mrs Nam said, trying to make both of the strangers close back. 
"Hey, I'm Nam Joohyuk." 
"Who knows our Joohyuk is getting handsome too!" Mrs Seo praised as she clapped her hands, earning a chuckle from Joohyuk. 
Mrs Nam chuckled, "Since both of you separated during both of you were 13, we decided to make you both close again! Maybe you both can rebuild the friendship again? Ey, I know both of you are still willing to be friends again, right? So, we decided to transfer into this neighborhood and Joohyuk is going to attend the same school with you, Seohyun-ah. You wouldn't mind, right?"
"No! I'll never. Why should I when I know I'm going to be close again with someone that I used to with?" Seohyun showed the sweetest smile she could did.

Joohyuk looked on her then smiled. Seohyun noticed the glance that she got from Joohyuk, as she turned to face him. Joohyuk noticed that he'd been caught as he quickly looked away, clearing his throat. Seohyun chuckled since she found out that it's a cute side of him.

"Seohyun-ssi," 

Seohyun turned to face the owner of the voice as she saw Joohyuk, who was running towards her. 

"Yah, you shouldn't have call me formally." Seohyun said with a chuckle. 
Joohyuk awkwardly chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck, "I-We're still rebuilding our friendship so I think it'll be hard to me for calling you informally." 

With that, Seohyun bursted into laughter. Well kind of cute laughter, more like giggling. Seeing Seohyun being happy like that, managed to make Joohyuk felt happy too.

"Okay okay, I bet you're going to the office, right? Let me accompany you there,"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter