Chapter 55

Just A Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The day of the concert was tomorrow and still, the nine women weren't able to come near the soloist after their last encounter and they really had the need to talk to the brunette especially after what the other had confessed. It was hard to practice for the concert, most specially for Tiffany since she would be having a duet with the other. "What are we going to do?" Yuri muttered when they were given a break. "How am I supposed to know?" Sooyoung muttered back with an exasperated look. "

 

"Taeng, you're the leader. What are we supposed to do?" Hyoyeon turned to face the eldest. "Mwo? Why me? I didn't do anything for her to act this way." The baby faced woman scrunched her nose in reply. "Just give her space. I'm pretty sure that she'll avoid us even more if we keep pestering her." Tiffany cut in softly while resting her cheek against her fist. "But the concert's tomorrow. We haven't even finished our performance with her because of this mess." Yoona reasoned. "At least we can still work on that for the rest of the day. She does her work seriously, do I doubt she'll do anything to have us mess this up." Tiffany answered confidently. "She's right. We know and we've seen how Skylar handles her job. She won't let out personal argument get in the way of that." Sunny nodded. "She really has grown up..."

 

All eyes turned to the ice princess while she rested her head on the armrest of the couch. "What do you mean, unnie?" Seohyun asked curiously. "I mean, she's been handling her work better. Two years ago, she would always be troubled if something like this were to happen. She would become flustered and unfocused. But now... She knows how to separate work from personal matters." Jessica explained before her eyes went to the rest. "And if I have to be honest... I don't like it." Yuri sighed softly as she pulled Jessica against herself, hugging the shorter girl while rubbing her back. "We can't change how everything turned out. It isn't our choice to make how things will happen."

 

Tiffany quietly looked through the glass window to the room where Skylar was practicing the choreography with Wendy then she had practice for her solo performance. Irene had come to drop by a few times but left to finish her own schedules and Chanyeol passed time and again, leaving some food and water a couple times. Skylar and he had been able to talk from time to time but still there was some awkwardness to it.

 

"Skylar."

 

The brunette turned her head and crossed her arms when she saw the man standing by the door. "What do you want, old man?" The male simply chuckled and shook his head. "That's a good question. I wanted to have a word with you, regarding your attitude." Hearing that made the soloist's stomach churn before the doors closed.

 

 

 

When the concert finally came, people were in a frenzy as they saw their favorite idols on stage. Even when Skylar showed her appearance got people worked up. "What's happened?" Krystal asked in panic while Amber shook her head. "I don't know. She suddenly went quiet and refused to talk." Amber flailed her arms as Chanyeol went in the room with Suho. "Yah! What are you doing?!" The leader yelled when Chanyeol quickly kneeled in front of Skylar and grabbed her by the shoulders.

 

"_____! _____, it's me. I need you to calm down and take a deep breath. No one is here to get you." The older Park called out while Skylar refused to uncurl from the ball she had made. "Please. You're okay. No one is going to hurt you." He reassured and pulled the woman against himself. "Please. Listen to me, even just this once." Suho shook his head and put a hand on 's shoulder. "Chanyeol, we need to get ready." But he refused and glared. "And what? Leave me sister again?!" A lot of people were surprised by the sudden outburst and staffs started to whisper about what Chanyeol had unconsciously announced.

 

"Chanyeol. Thats enough, it's okay." Taeyeon gently took his wrist and pulled it away. "We'll take care of her. For now, go." The boy frowned slightly as he stared at the leader, but nodded and went off with Suho following him. Jessica looked at her sister as the younger Jung explained what Amber had said. "After our performance, she suddenly went off and I have no clue what happened to her." Amber sighed while rubbing her head.

 

Tiffany and Jessica crouched down in front of the unmoving figure and Jessica placed a hand on Skylar's forehead. "She's warm, but not that hot." She muttered as Tiffany cupped Skylar's face. "Skylar? Sky, snap out of it. It's Tiffany." She tried calling out, snapping her fingers in front of the girl's face. "She isn't responding. Unnie, maybe we should have her checked." Seohyun suggested while taking a seat beside Skylar. "I'll go." Yoona volunteered before leaving the room. "We have to keep moving though. The concert isn't supposed to end or be cut off." Sunny nibbled her lower lip. "Unnie, the medical crew's here."

 

The two Americans steppes away as Seohyun spoke with the staff that was checking on Skylar. "What if this is the effect of the stress and, you know?" Hyoyeon mumbled. "There's a chance. But as long as it isn't that bad, I'm not going to jump into anything." They watched as one of the staffs took out a needle before injecting it to Skylar's arm. "What's happening? What are they doing?" Yuri asked curiously.

 

"They said that the drugs she's been taking caused something to her body. I guess it was sudden when she stopped." Seohyun explained while rubbing her head. "She'll be alright. Just make sure that she gets rest afterwards." They all nodded and thanked the paramedics as they left. "Is she okay now?" Jessica looked at Skylar straight in the eyes and sighed in relief when she saw life coming back to them and color coming back to her face. "What..."

 

"How are you feeling?" Krystal asked as she rubbed her arm. "You had us worried for a minute there." Skylar looked around and shook her head before leaning back and holding her head. "What happened?" Tiffany bit her lip and sat next to the soloist before gently ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter