Chapter 9

Muse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 9

 

 

Taeyeon steps on the brake pedal as the light turns red then changes the gear into neutral and pulls up the car's hand break. She wipes her wet palms on her jeans and the tiny blots of sweat forming around her forehead. Strangely, she has been sweating even though the car's aircondition is on. Taeyeon has been feeling weird since she woke up this morning, to the moment she stepped out of her apartment, and up until now. 

Feeling nervous and thinking that her heart is gonna come out of her chest anytime now, she continues to speed off carefully as the light turns green. She's about to turn into a corner when her phone, safely placed on the phone holder on the dashboard, rings. Taeyeon then presses the green button blinking on the screen to answer the call.

"Hello?"

"Unnie~"

"Yah! Yah! Yah! Stop using that aegyo on me, I am driving!"

A giggle is heard from the other side of the line. "Where are you? I've been waiting here for half an hour!"

"I know, that's why I'm rushing there right now."

"Oh no, you are not doing that Kim Taeyeon! Get your in here ASAP but drive carefully! You hear me?!" the girl on the other line reprimanded.

A smile forms on her lips, feeling touched by the sweet yet demanding request from the younger  girl. "Ne, arasseo. I'll be there in a bit, Seulgi-ah. See you."

She ends the call and focuses back on driving with the smile on her face never leaving and the feeling of nervousness from earlier has been forgotten.

- - - - -

Everyone in the hallway stops and stares at the two girls passing through. It is still an hour early before the first morning lectures start but strangely, it seems like the entire population of the university is present that morning. A commotion is heard on each corner with people whispering words of admiration and amazement from both girls. Most of the men's mouths hang ajar and the girls are feeling giddy just by looking and breathing the same air with the two blonde girls renowned as prodigy sisters of photography. 

Taeyeon has never been comfortable with too much crowd and with the eyes of the people at that hallway all focused on them, she can't wait to get pass through the crowded area. Her sister seems to have no problem with the stares and casual whisperings but she too feels suffocated of the crammed place. Keeping close to each other with heads hanging low, they quickened their footsteps as they exit the hallway and enter the administrative building.

"Your fans might have heard of your coming to school today that they really crowded the entire hallway just to get a glimpse of you." the younger one said as her pace turns back to normal once they got out of the place.

"You're talking as if you're no better than me. I bet three-fourths of those people are swooning over you." Taeyeon replied. 

"And I bet all of those people are following you before three-fourths of it swooned over me." Seulgi replied, smirking.

Taeyeon playfully nudges her sister as they stand in front of the university chairman's office. Sensing that the chairman hasn't arrived yet, they sit at the receiving area right in front of the office. 

"By the way unnie, I have someting to ask you."

"Oh?" Taeyeon looks at her sister with her brows raised. "Ask away."

"Did you happen to know someone named Ste-"

"Kim Taeyeon-ssi!" a loud voice is heard echoing inside the room.

Both girls turn to look at the owner of the voice and find the cha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter