Chapter 4

Muse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4 (Updated on February 05, 2022)

 

Taeyeon entered the cozy cafe and scanned the area, looking for a certain brunette. She found the girl seated at a able far away from the crowded part of the cafe and made her way towards her.

The girl seated, who was busy typing on her phone, looked up and smiled at her as Taeyeon bent down and pecked the girl's cheek. Taeyeon then made her way across the girl's seat.

The woman locked her phone and put it away before she spoke to the newly arrived girl. "How are you Taeyeon-ah? I missed you" girl said sweetly - smiling. 

"I'm fine, Sica-yah. How are you? You look good" Taeyeon complemented her friend.

"I should say the same thing to you. Though you lost a bit of weight since the last time I saw you" Jessica commented as she checked her long time friend.

Taeyeon just sighed and smiled.

Jessica summoned the waiter who was standing at the counter and they both placed their orders.

They chatted as they waited for their food, catching up with everything in their lives and recalling past memories both shared before Jessica left for the States to take up her graduate studies. Jessica and Taeyeon knew each other because of one common friend - Tiffany. The brunette girl was the person closest to Tiffany, next to Taeyeon, as they went to the same college and took the same major together. 

After calming herself down from a good laugh, Taeyeon leaned herself on her seat. "When did you arrive here in Seoul, Sica-yah" she asked, crossing her arms on her chest - relaxing. 

"Three months ago," she meekly said. "I'm sorry I wasn't able to get in touch with you right away, I got busy with work."

"No worries, Sica," she smiled. "At least you still found time to see me despite your busy schedule" Taeyeon continued.

"Look who's talking. I bet you're busier."

Taeyeon chuckled. Feeling lighter in months.

Jessica's heart swelled, staring at her friend who looked like she's been caged in loneliness for years, held captive by ropes of painful memories that instead of loosing restraint with time, the rope just kept getting tighter. 

She sighed - turning serious. "Are you really okay, Taeyeon-ah?" looking straight into Taeyeon's eyes, searching for a glint that used to be there. 

Taeyeon's eyes softened with the question then looked away, into the busy streets outside the glass walls, avoiding the pitiful look her friend was giving her. Fully aware of the eyes staring at her, she fidgeted on her seat, feeling uncomfortable that she had to spend an hour or so, talking about that one thing she cautiously avoided for years. Over the years, Taeyeon had realized that people ask because they pitied her. And she hated that. She hated the pity.

"I know what you're thinking, Taeyeon. I know you too well" Jessica paused, still looking straight into the girl across. "I am not pitying you. I am a friend plainly asking her friend out of concern. Give me more credit, please" she said as she slumped back on her seat, feeling disappointed. 

Feeling guilty, she diverted her gaze back to her friend and smiled - this time, a sincere one. "I'm sorry."

"I unde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter