Chapter 5

Muse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5

 

Seulgi just stood there, frozen, her grip on her camera tightened as her palms began to sweat. She locked eyes with the girl in front of her who she thought could never be more beautiful with her blonde hair back when she met her in Jeonju. But here she's now, looking oh-so-stunning and gorgeous in her black hair in Seulgi's eyes. 

"Seulgi-ssi?" Irene eyed her questionably.

Wendy, who was also looking at her on the side, nudged her on the elbow when she didn't seem to move. "Yah, Kkangseul!"

She finally went out of her daze and blinked her eyes. She took deep breaths to try to control her rapidly beating heart as big beads of sweat were starting to form on her forehead.

Seulgi smiled. A crooked smile.

"U-uh. Yes. Nice to meet you again, Irene-ssi" she bowed and mentally scolded herself for acting so dumb in front of Irene again.

The common friend of the two witnessed the greetings. She looked at the two confusingly, her head turning back and forth to Seulgi and Irene. 

"Wait, what?" she paused, looking at Irene. "You two know each other?" she continued, now looking with big round eyes at Seulgi.

"I-I.. U-uh.." Seulgi stuttered nervously, unsure of how to explain things to her best friend without having Irene misinterpreting everything. She couldn't afford to be embarrassed in front of the eye-smiling girl anymore. 

"We met in Jeonju last week. Fortunately, she was the one who found my scarf when I lost it" Irene answered for her, smiling so cutely.

She caught her breath again as she saw the beautiful smile. It just seemed like every little thing Irene did is magic. It made her feel so many things simultaneously. The girl brought out suppressed feelings that she never knew she had. Feelings of bliss, giddiness, excitement, and at the same time, nervousness, as her heart couln't seem to stop beating like crazy everytime she saw Irene. Feelings that were quite similar when she's with Wendy, her best friend. 

Wendy turned to Seulgi. "You met her there?" she asked confusely, pointing at Irene.

Seulgi's eyes rounded so wide like it would almost come out of its sockets anytime.

"What?" her best friend asked her, still looking so confused as ever.

"Yes, I met her there" she replied, gritting her teeth while shooting daggers through her eyes on Wendy, hoping that her best friend could get the hint and shut up. 

The girl finally understood the situation, leaving Seulgi so frustrated and nervous. Wendy smiled at Irene, "I see" and tilted her head towards Seulgi, giving her a you've-got-a-lot-of-explaining-to-do-look.

The tallest girl sighed, feeling relieved.

Irene, who was unaware of the tension between the two best friends just smiled. "Wendy-ah, I should get going. My class will start in a few minures. I'll just meet you guys again when I'm free" she said, her hand was gripping lightly on Wendy's arm. She moved closer and gave the girl a peck on the cheek. 

Seulgi who witnessed the friendly gesture just stood there, fidgeting with her hands and glancing back and forth at the two girls and at the floor.

"I'll just see you around, Seulgi-ssi. It was nice meeting you again" Irene said after turning to Seulgi, offering her hand for a hand shake. 

"U-uh, yes, l-likewise" Seulgi grabbed the hand stealthily and shook it, flashing again her crooked smile.

The girl smiled again at them before she went on her way.

Seulgi was left stunned, staring at the back of the girl who just passed by her.

She contemplated whether this was another chance given to her by the greater force. Thinking that she couldn't let the opportunity pass again, she went against what her head was saying.

"Wait!" she shouted just enough for both girls to hear then grabbed Irene's shoulder lightly with a trembling hand.

Wendy on her side just stood there speechless, curious at what her best friend was about to do. 

Irene turned around, faced Seulgi with a questioning look. "Yes?" she asked.

"W-would you like to have dinner? With m-me? T-tonight, I mean" looking on the floor, Seulgi asked, shaking. 

Not knowing what to make up of the invitation, the questioned girl just stared blankly at Seulgi. She slowly turned her head to look at their common friend, raising her brows as if asking for help. 

Wendy just raised her brows as well, shrugging.

There was something in Wendy's eyes that Irene saw. Pain? But her thoughts vanished when the girl quickly looked away from her. 

Removing her hand from the confused girl's shoulders, she continued, "It's fine if you don't want to" then smiled sheepishly, tugging the both ends of her camera strap.

"Y-yeah, sure. It'd be better if Seungwan here" Irene looked and pointed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter