sweet night.

a piece of dara.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At some point in the night, if they're being honest, Dara and Jaejoong drift away from each other, caught up in an overwhelming crowd containing an amalgam of both present and old friends itching for their embrace. They both walked in together, Dara’s arm linked through Jaejoong’s like usual, both looking around the room for familiar faces to greet, a bar to sit down at.

 

In the middle of the night Dara realizes she hasn’t seen Jaejoong in a while, and looks around only to find him in a circle of boys - some she knew, some she didn’t - laughing about god knows what. Dara smiles and makes her way over to him. He sorts her out within a matter of seconds, excusing himself from the group and making his way to Dara. He puts an arm around her waist, leaning in close to listen to what she has to say over the loud music.

 

“Soohyuk's having another party at his hotel. Were you invited?” She asks, a hand pressed slightly on his chest as she speaks to him.

Dara looks up at her and nods, “I was! Do you want to ride there together, or?”

Dara shakes her head, glancing over to the group of guys waiting for him to finish whatever story he was telling this time, “No,” she says, smiling at him, “I can just meet you there, you can stay for as long as they need you.” she winks and nods over at them.

Jaejoong looks back at the rowdy group, then back at Dara, hesitating before he speaks, “You sure?”

Dara nods and kisses his cheek, “I’m sure. You haven’t seen them in a while. Go ahead.” she smiles at him as he kisses her hand and walks away, returning with the group.

Once Dara arrives to the party, Jaejoong arrives as well shortly after, neither checking with the other. But Dara sees him once he enters, waves at him, smiling, before returning to an important conversation about cats, or something like that, he assumes. There’s only about 40 or so at the party, so they do spend some time with one another, but more so catching up with friends.

 

Once Dara hears cops have arrived to shut it down, the night takes a turn as she quickly shifts through people to find him. An urgent hand on his shoulder alerts him at first, and when he sees it’s Dara, looking anything but relaxed, he worries. “Everything alright?” He quickly asks, putting a hand over the one that’s grabbing him.

“Cops are here. We need to get out of here, now.” she doesn’t stutter, and Jaejoong hurriedly puts his glass down, but not without downing it first.

 

He instead makes her follow him, and Dara looks around at the crowd of panicked people, a rush of adrenaline pulsing through her as she’s being led by Jaejoong to what she hopes is safety.

 

“Jae, there’s not enough time to reach the lobby.” She says exasperatedly, “We need to-“ h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter