lost cause.

a piece of dara.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Do you want a coffee?” Bom asks as she treads into the kitchen. I lifted my gaze from the contents of my handbag and nodded.

“Yeah, that would d be great. Thanks,” I smile. She begins to prepare our drinks and heat the kettle as I resume the search for my phone. I pull it out moments later, thankful I’d only taken a small clutch with me to the NB Club.

“I think the girls had a fun night, although you were surprisingly tame miss,” Bom teases as she turns away from the heating kettle to grin cheekily at me. She’d changed out of her club attire and was now adorning an old pair of pj’s but she was yet to remove her makeup, meaning her face looked glittered and perfect, a stark contrast to her outfit. I meanwhile had removed everything and was now make up less and donning old sweats. To the untrained eye, one would have no idea I’d spent the night celebrating my hens night at a club.

 

Despite my hyperactive personality, I’d never been a huge partier. I’d had a lovely night none the less, but didn’t get piss drunk like CL and Minzy and my other friends had.

 

“Well I rather not get snapped by the media spewing in a gutter in the middle of Seoul,” I replied lightly. Bom shrugged, obviously understanding my concern.

“Thankfully, they didn’t catch CL’s projectile moment,” she grins, a somewhat devious smirk adorning her features as she recounted their friend's embarrassing moment earlier that night. I could tell she was going to mock Chaerin about this for the next few months. I couldn’t blame her though; the girl had gotten fairly plastered.

“Yeah, sajangnim would have rung her neck,” Bom agrees as the kettle comes to a boiling point. She turns away and I take this lull in the conversation to quickly check my phone. I hated playing with my phone when other people were around, I always felt rude. It didn’t help that I would pretty much be glued to my phone whenever Seunghyun and I were separated. It was hard to keep in close contact when both of our careers required extensive travel.
 

I blinked when I spied a missed call on my phone. I hadn’t heard it go off at all, but I figured I had spent most of the evening in a club which played pounding music constantly. Bom set a mug on the counter in front of me, causing me to glance up again.

 

“Sorry,” I muttered, for ignoring her. Bom merely gazed at me curiously, clutching her own mug.

“What’s up?”, she asks. “You look confused,” she notes, regarding me closely.

“It’s nothing, just have a missed call,” I explain, setting my phone down for a moment so I can have a sip of the drink Bom gave me. She shoots me a cheeky grin.

“Bet it’s Seunghyun drunkenly crooning how much he loves you and misses you despite the fact he’s at his bachelor party,” she muses and I can hear the mocking in her tone. She always finds Seunghyun and I’s emotional intensity to be amusing. I rolled my eyes at her teasing.

“Probably,” I replied, her guess making sense. I’d pretty much seen most of my friends tonight anyway. Even Donghae had made a brief appearance before heading off to Seunghyun’s shindig, despite the event being girl’s only.

“Well go on,” she says, motioning toward the phone.

“What?” I asked her, a little confused. She lets out an impatient sigh.

“Play the message, I want to vomit at your adorable cuteness as a couple once more,” she prods and I scoff at her, but set my mug down and pick up my phone. I unlock it and smile briefly at the wallpaper photo of Seunghyun, Dadoong and I before opening up my voicemail and calling it,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter