Let's Try

When We Meet Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 6

Let’s Try

 

A month have passed and the vacation that JYPE gave her is over. Officially, it is her first day at work. She’s prepared already waiting for the call of her manager. She’s wearing a simple sleeveless red top and black skirt paired with her red stiletto shoes. Her manager is with JYPE for ten years and it is one of JYP’s most trusted staff. She met him the other day to discuss her schedule and for today she’s going to have a script reading for the drama that she will join together with Jackson, JB, Bambam, Lee Dong Wook as the lead actor and Kim Hyun Joo as lead actress.

 

A few minutes later, she heard her phone rings, it’s her manager saying he’s near already and he will pick her up in the apartment drop off.  She gets her bag and prepares to go out.

 

The script reading were attended by all the cast. They have been introduced one by one. The drama has a genre about family and have 50 episodes as a weekend program probably last for a year filming. The lead actor Lee Dong Wook is a chaebol son married to a middle class office manager in one of their company portrayed by Kim Hyun Joo.  When Hyun Joo’s father died, she took over the responsibility in her family being the eldest daughter. They sold their house to pay for Hyun Joo’s father’s medical bill. Jackson is the brother of Hyun Joo and aspires to be a film director. But all of the show he directed has flopped which resulted for him to be unemployed. He lives with Dong Wook and Hyun Joo and became dependent with his sister. Meanwhile, Youngji is the sister of Dong Wook and Bambam, she’s in a relationship with a middle class man JB. Her parents opposed their relationship because of what happened to Dong Wook as his wife’s family relies on them too much. She run away from their home and cut ties with her parents. Dong Wook struggles to fix the relationship with his family and his wife’s family.

 

 The filming went smoothly and the rating of the drama is high enough for it to be extended for another 10 episodes. She became friends with every cast including the staff. She got close to Dong Wook and Bambam like they are siblings in real life. Since most of her scene is with JB, she got more close to him. They always hang out after filming but even they have filmed the drama for about a year, Jackson is still the same towards her.  He only talked to her when it is about work. He also didn’t try to get close to her physically. She realized that maybe he’s not really interested in her.

 

Because of the drama, she started to make her own name. She sings one of the OST for their drama which top the charts for four weeks. She got three CF, guesting in variety shows, cameo role for dramas and MC spot for music programs. She’s been one of celebrity that every household knows.

 

It was almost past midnight when Youngji woke up from the loud knock on her door. As she opened it, she saw Bambam trying to hold the passed out Jackson.

 

“I’m sorry noona for disturbing you. Its GOT7 7th anniversary today and we decided to drink in the bar. He passed out and I can’t let him sleep in our apartment since there is no space anymore, JR hyung passed out also so he occupies the sofa. I don’t know the password of his house so I tried to knock on your door and if you can let him stay here for a while until he woke up.” Bambam said to her trying to convince her to let Jackson stay there.

 

She opened the door and helped Bambam hold the drunken Jackson and lay him down in the sofa. After a while Bambam told her that he needs to leave.

 

She gets warm water and a towel and wipes him while he’s still sleeping peacefully. As she wipe his face, she felt that her heart beats faster. She doesn’t know the reason why but it confused her. Could it be that she likes him? Possibly yes, but she doesn’t like the idea especially how he treated her after the intimate moment they shared in Jeju. It’s been a year already and he still like that, the cold man who refuses to talk to her.

 

Jackson woke up and looks around in his surroundings. The interior of the house is different from his house. He stood up and saw the big poster of Youngji hanging on the wall. He’s at her place, he realized. He saw the small tub of water with towel on the floor. He checked his phone to see what time is it, it’s four in the morning. Gently, he walks toward her bedroom and opened the door. She was sleeping soundlessly. He wants to lay down beside her and watched her face as she sleeps, but instead he closed the door carefully and prepare to go out of her apartment. He left a small note in the coffee table for her before he leave her house.

 

As he lay down on his bed, he thinks about her. He still want her but he’s controlling himself for getting near her as he doesn’t know what he can do next to her. They almost made it in Jeju and she demanded for a serious relationship which he can’t give. And until now, he’s not ready for it. He doesn’t want any complications in life. Dating and sleeping around is enough for him for now. He knows that soon he needs to settle also but he’s just thirty and he’s enjoying the single life. For him, she’s not a girl whom he will sleep tonight and forget tomorrow. She’s a girl that he can’t fool, she’ someo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter