Taking the Offer

When We Meet Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 3

Taking the Offer

 

It is morning again and the sun shines brightly through the window. Youngji is dressed up already preparing to leave the house as she has a meeting with JYPE. She will give her answer to them about their offer. She went out of her bedroom and found her mom cooking the breakfast.

 

“What time is your meeting?” her mom asked her.

 

“It’s ten in the morning.” She answered.

 

“I’m almost done. Take your seat first. I cooked doenjang soup, kimchi-jigae, bean sprout side dish, spinach side dish, boiled egg, and roasted small fish. I bet you miss this kind of food already.” Her mom said as she starts to serve the cooked foods.

 

“What I miss is your cooking. I can buy Korean food anytime since there are a lot of Korean restaurants there”.

 

“That’s sweet of you. Don’t worry you won’t miss my cooking anymore. You can eat them any time you want”. Her mom said.

 

Youngji started to eat her breakfast. A few minutes later, she heard a sound of a car stopped in their front gate.

 

“Mom, are you waiting for someone? I heard a car parked outside” she asked.

 

“That must be Jackson, he slept in their house last night and since he’s heading to his wok and you’re also going there, I asked him to give you a ride. It will be a less of a hassle to you to wait for the cab.”

 

Jackson is living in one of the apartments owned by JYPE. It is included in his contract and he used to live in dorm with Got7 members during his rookie days. Seconds later he entered the dining room where Youngji is sitting eating her breakfast.

 

“Jackson, take your seat and eat. I know your mom didn’t cook this morning as she needs to leave early to check on your restaurant in Cheongchung.”

 

“Thank you Auntie. You know that you’re my second favourite cook next to my mom”. He said

 

Both of them are silent as they were eating.  It’s exactly 9am when they left the house. Jackson rides in the car first and he didn’t bother to open the car door for Youngji.

 

Thirty minutes later, they reached the JYPE building. He parked the car in the basement. As soon as the engine was turned off, Youngji stepped off the car and waited for him in the parking lot.

 

“I’m amazed, you waited for me.”  He said.

 

“I just want to thank you for giving me the ride and I want to ask you something.” She said.

 

“Are you going to ask if I am dating someone now?” he .

 

“I don’t have anything to do with your personal life. I want to know your opinion about the offer. You’re with JPYE for five years and you seemed happy about it.”

 

“Yes! I am happy with JYPE. JYP hyung is a generous boss and he always gives time to talk to us and ask about our opinion. One of the factors included in my contract is that I can buy stocks of JYPE when I stay with them for five years and that is what I did and the reason why I seated in the board. With JYPE, I didn’t have to undergo a rigorous training since they know I have the potential when they give me the offer. I didn’t enter the company as an idol but as a musician. If you will look at the offer they are giving you, it is a generous one. You can’t find that kind of offer here in the country. So If I were you, I will accept it. Not just the offer is good, you will also see me anytime you want.” He said. 

 

“You always take what I’m saying as a joke.” She told him as she walks out of the parking area heading to the elevator.

 

He followed her to the elevator. She was about to press the elevator button when Jackson press it too. In result their hands touches each other. A sudden electric connection passes through them and they know that the tension is getting deeper. When the elevator stopped at ground floor, a group of rookies ride in the elevator which makes it more crowded. Youngji was press in the corner, so Jackson face her and rest his arms in the elevator wall to protect her from the crowded rookies. They are very close to each other and her face is almost resting in his chest. Soon, they reached the level 23 where the meeting will be held a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter