The Scandal

When We Meet Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 10

THE SCANDAL

 

‘BREAKING! Jackson and Youngji Caught On Another Dating Scandal + JYP responds’ Youngji click on the news from the Dispatch websites and started reading the news.

 

‘Dispatch has been following Jackson for years and though he had been caught with Youngji numerous times before but they denied the scandal and said that they are just friends.  But last week, Dispatch caught Jackson going out of the Woo Bar accompanying Youngji out of the bar. Last night the two attended a reunion in a Hotel at Seoul and reserved for a suite room and stayed together overnight.

 

JYP Entertainment admitted that the two started as friends but their feelings have grown and decided to start dating. They have been together for four months already. Congratulations to the new couple.’

 

Their names had been in the top on the most searched for that day. Her phone keeps on ringing from various callers but she didn’t bother to answer any of the calls. She walks in the closet to pack her bag. She has an early flight tomorrow for a guesting in Taiwanese variety show.

 

Youngji is thankful that she has an overseas schedule after their dating scandal is revealed. She felt relieved that she’s far from Korea for a while and she didn’t put her roaming on so no one bothers to call her. She extended her stay for another day and rest at Sun-Moon Lake. She needs some time alone for herself since she will face the Korean media when she gets back.

 

She’s back to Korea after her four days stay in Taiwan. She’s been doing her afternoon workout when her phone rings.

 

“Your father wants to talk to you. You need to be home by dinner.” Her mom said.

 

Her mom’s voice sounds serious. She haven’t talked to them even the scandal has been out and she’s 100% sure that what they will say tonight is related to that.

 

Fifteen minutes before seven o’clock and she left her apartment. As she was about to park her car in front of their house, she saw a familiar car parked in front of the house besides them.

 

She entered the gate and saw her sister with her brother in law sitting in the couch at the living room. Her mom tastes the foods that will be served tonight while her dad is still in his bedroom.

 

“I’ll help you.” She said to her mom.

 

“Carry those foods outside. We will have our dinner in the backyard.” Her mom said.

 

She follows her and started to set the long table. They are using the table when they have guests in the house. She started to feel anxious again. Could it be that they will be having dinner with the Wang Family? She saw Jackson’s car parked outside. She hopes not, she’s not yet ready to answer their parents about them since there is nothing going on with them.

 

The table is finally set. Her father goes down from his bedroom and her sister and brother in law are also outside sitting in the chair resting in the lawn. Exactly seven thirty in the evening, when their doorbell rings and her mom opened it.

 

The Wang Family are all present. Even Jackson’s sister in law is there. Everyone greeted each other and started to sit on the long table.

 

The dinner is peaceful and solemn but when the dessert has been served. Youngji’s dad started to speak.

 

“So the two of you are dating, and you haven’t said anything to us. You let the paparazzi caught you in the hotel. We even give you a week to explain yourselves but you’d rather remain quiet.”

 

“Jackson, how could you bring Youngji in a hotel alone when you are not married yet? Do you think that she’s like other girls that you flirted with?” his Dad said.

 

“And you Youngji, do you think that you are still in the US. Maybe there you can act independently but not here. Our culture is far more different, how could you stay in a hotel with the man you haven’t been married to. Do you know what people might think of you now? That you are like an easy girl and we can’t let it happen again.” Her mom’s turn to speak.

 

“So we have decided that you will get married a month from now. You’re not turning any younger anyway. You should have thought about that Jackson when you bring her in the hotel”. Jackson’s mom said.

 

“But mom, we are not in a relationship. Our agency admitted it to the media since we are caught off guard already. We just attended the reunion and since she’s drunk and I can’t let her go home alone, I let her stay in the suite room I reserved. And we have our own lives as well.” Jackson explained.

 

“He’s right. We will pretend to be in a relationship for six months only. After that we can go back to our own lives.” Youngji added.

 

“I’m sorry my dear, maybe we will believe the two of you but people won’t believe with your explanation. A man and a woman stayed in a hotel room overnight, anyone who could hear that will believe that something happened. And as much as we want to believe you, we would rather protect the two of you from the sinners’ mouth.”

 

“This is not just about the two of you but also our families.” His dad said.

 

“We will prepare for the wedding starting tomorrow.” His mom said.

 

“But Youngji’s contract with us states that she can’t get married until the end of the contract.” Jackson said.

 

“Then pay for the fine. You have a lot of money anyway. And besides, what’s the use of getting married to the company’s director? You should use your position in this kind of situation.” Jackson dad said.

 

“JYP will understand you. If needed we will talk to him personally.” Sophia said.

 

“You will live in the same house after the wedding so Jackson needs to buy a new house. Your apartment is not applicable for married life. And besides, you need rooms for your children” Jackson’s dad said.

 

“We will take care of the furniture. What else do we need to do? How about the honeymoon?” Youngji’s mom asked.

 

“Can we skip that? I am currently busy preparing for new album and I am re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter