A Welcome Dinner

When We Meet Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 2

A Welcome Dinner

 

Five years ago…

 

Youngji is sitting in the bar alone. She’s in a club Ellui at Cheongdam-dong together with her classmates in college. They are having a graduation celebration but since her friends are with their partners she decided to have a drink alone.

 

“Another tequila, please” she told the bartender.

 

“That’s on me, though I recommend another drink.”

 

“Jackson Wang!” she recognized the man from her back. “Thanks!”

 

“You’re alone. Where are your friends?” he asked

 

“Oh! So we’re on speaking terms now? My friends are with their boyfriends and I don’t mind being alone.” She answered.

 

“I think you have drunk a lot already. Do you want me to take you home?” he asked.

 

“No I’m ok. I booked for a room upstairs so I don’t mind drinking the whole night.” She said.

 

“Where’s your room? I’ll take you there before your parents call me and ask me on what are you up to.” He persists.

 

Youngji followed him, her parents used to call Jackson every time she went out for a drink and asked him to look after her. She has no reason to say no since she’s tipsy and hear head is spinning already.

 

He holds her hand and accompanies her to the elevator. She felt strange like there is an electric connection between them. They are both quiet while inside the elevator. When they reach the room, Jackson took the keycard from her and opened the door.

 

He let her sit in the couch. Even she’s a little bit tipsy, she still knows what she is doing. Jackson went to the small kitchen in the hotel room. He’s going to prepare a coffee for the tipsy lady. When she saw him walking to the kitchen, she followed him and told him that she can do it by herself.

 

She’s standing on his back, he turned around and a sudden tension caught them as they face each other closely. He started to her face.

 

“You know that you’re pretty? Your beautiful face makes me want to stare you all day long. Your beautiful body is telling me that no man should look on you but only me. I am being selfish, am I right? And while I am looking at you, my mind urges me to kiss you.” She got stocked for a moment. How come he’s saying it only now when in fact they’ve known each other for 23 years? Suddenly she felt the strong tension between them, and then moments later she felt his hands cupped her face and kiss her tenderly in her lips. Moments have passed, his hands started to roam all over her. She doesn’t know what to do. This is the first time that he let a man touched her body though she had relationships before. This is a very new feeling for her and she’s enjoying the sensation that he is giving her. She doesn’t have a shirt anymore, he took it off already. His mouth is on her neck and his left hand is inside her bra when a sudden call on his phone broke the sound they are creating. The ring continues and he didn’t bother to answer it, he’s too busy on what he is doing. And when it’s already on its fifth call, he stopped and gets his phone on his pocket. He looks shocked as he saw the caller.

 

“Yes babe! I’m near in the area. I just accompany a drunken friend. I’ll be back. I miss you too.”

 

What he said over the phone woke her for the mind blowing make out that she just experienced moments ago. She was being lured by his sweet talks. She picked up her shirt, wears it and fixed herself.

 

“Sorry! But I think I have to go. I’ll call you tomorrow. You should sleep now.” He said to her as he kissed her forehead gently.

 

She nods and locked the door as soon as he went out. She felt that she’s too stupid for allowing him to go that far. Yes, they know each other very much, but they are not close neither they are friends. They are too civil with each other every time they talk. She felt asleep while thinking about what happened earlier.

 

The following day, she’s expecting that he will call her. Maybe he could explain what happened to them or if they need to label it. But to her dismay, he didn’t call even the next day after. She wanted to call him, but she got busy preparing her stuff as she is about to leave for US and she thought that he should call her first and finds a way for them to talk again.

 

Five years have passed and she didn’t hear anything from him. She realized that what they had is nothing and it is just a sudden urge for him to show how manly he is.

 

Present…

 

Youngji woke up from a cat nap. It’s 6pm in the evening and she needs to freshen up for the dinner. She went out of her room and walked straight to the kitchen. She saw her mom fixing the chinaware plates and utensils. She walked near her and helped her.

 

Around 7pm when the Wang Family arrived. Jackson’s mom looks groomed, elegant and beautiful while his dad is dressed in a navy blue polo shirt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter