Anemone, Cyclamen, Daisy

Say it with flowers
 
Hongbin is woken up by a call far too early for his liking ; something he despise above all. He extends a hand to reach his phone, ready to tell harshly whoever dared calling him to get lost, but quickly changes his mind as he sees the caller's ID, a name that has been on his mind since the day before. His lips stretch into a smile as he picks up the call, rubbing his sleepy eyes.
 
"Yah, Hyuk-ah.", he says in a far lower tone than he expected, "Let me sleep in peace, will you?"
 
He hears Sanghyuk chuckles from the other side of the line. "I like your phone voice. Or morning voice. Whatevs. What's up?"
 
"Don't divert the subject!.. I just got up because of you. What are you doing up so early?"
 
He hears faint sounds of cars and wind in the back ; Sanghyuk must be on his way for school. Hongbin enjoys even more being in his warm bed.
 
"Why are you still sleeping?", the younger asks back. "It's 8am already."
 
"Why are you answering my questions with other questions?"
 
"Why are you answering my question with another question?"
 
He smiles. "I'm hanging up, Hyuk-ah."
 
"But I--"
 
"I'll come get you after class. Text me your school. Have a good day!"
 
Without leaving room for Sanghyuk to reply, he hangs up and turns his phone off, putting it on his nighstand to resume his sleep. He falls back into slumber almost instantanely, grinning, and dreams of Sanghyuk with a cute pink backpack.
 
When he wakes up again, it's almost eleven. He turns his phone back on, only to be flooded by Sanghyuk's texts. There's approximatively twenty-seven 'hyung' followed by a 'wait do I have to call you hyung?' and a bunch of 'Hongbin-ah' right after. It makes him laugh.
 
'Text me ur school and end of timetable u dummy'
 
He types quickly before stripping down to hop in the shower. He faintly hears Jaehwan's music starting to blast in the living room, sign that the latter is awake ; he sings along, even though he doesn't quite recognise the song.
 
When he steps into the kitchen, hair still damp and only wearing his underwear, to grab a bite of brioche, he greeted by Jaehwan throwing him a rag, nagging:
 
"Get some clothes on!"
 
He laughs, nudging towards the older to gently push him by the hip, taking his place in front of the sink. "I'll do the dishes. Go get some rest hyung!"
 
Jaehwan hisses but doesn't say anything, rather sits on the opposite counter. He doesn't admit it, but those sort of views of Hongbin in the morning make his mood brighten. He watches his friend's muscular back, sighing ever-so-slightly.
 
"So...", he starts balancing his legs in the air, sign of nervousness. "Any plans for today?"
 
"Picking up Sanghyuk after school. You?"
 
Disappointement washes over him, making his smile falter ; luckily, Hongbin doesn't see it, too busy with the dishes.
 
"I don't know yet... Maybe do some shopping. Want to come?"
 
"Don't you think you have enough clothes?"
 
Hongbin's chuckle is too precious for his sinner's ears.
 
"There's never enough, my friend. Besides, I think I'll purchase some CDs today."
 
"Nah, without me. I'll stay over to clean the flat up."
 
He doesn't want to feel disappointed again, but he can't help it.
 
"Okay then. I'll get changed and leave. Thanks for doing the dishes!"
 
"Welcome! See you this evening!", Hongbin grins, waving him goodbye with a frothed hand, making his heart flutter.
 
He comes back in his room, sighing. He eyes the anemone pot he was supposed to offer Hongbin after the end of his exams, that he waited to blossom. They are all open by now.
 
He wears the first clothes he finds, a yellow pull-over and black jeans he rolls upon his ankles, slips on his stan smiths before leaving, wallet in his backpocket and headphones on. He doesn't bother taking anything else aside his ipod, leaving his phone untouched on the nightstand. Today is an alone day.
 
 
Anemone - persevering love, intense happiness, wait for the other.
 
 
Behind two layers of glass and a bunch of meters away, Wonshik sighs in wonder.
 
He dares to take a look at the cute neighbor's room now that he's gone. At least he has been polite enough not to peak while the other was changing, as tempting as it sounded. He watches the amaryllis resting near the window, smiling a little. As expected, he kept it. He even saw him watering them this morning. So he really is kind-hearted after all. 
 
On his laptop turns in loop the ballad he's been working on the day before. He's nearly done with the instrumental ; only lyrics are missing. However, nothing comes into his mind, nothing but the cute neighbor's bird's nest chocolate hair, nothing but the couple's held hands, pink smeared with hazelnut, funny wiggling dance moves and eye-smiles. It's the first time Wonshik thinks of people as actual real people when creating music, and it bothers him not to find the exact words to place on what they feel. 
 
His gaze drifts to the flat beside, where there are not amaryllis but white roses standing. There are two people sitting next to each other on the bed, arms barely brushing. Are they lovers? Wonshik could swear it by the way the taller looks at his friend, the gentle bangs fixing and his toes curling when the other looks at him. He looks at them thoughtfully, furrowing his eyebrows. No, these two aren't lovers. He can see it because despite the taller's attempt to show him affection, the other seems oblivious, trapped into sadness. He feels a tug in his heart watching Leo -he renames the taller- pulling N -the other's printed shirt- into his embrace, letting his head rest on his chest ; because N acts like Leo is simply his fluffy teddy bear, not seeming to realise that maybe, maybe his friend could have feelings for him.
 
He grabs his guitar. Today is a sorrow day.
 
The melody he plays isn't sad ; more like resigned, bittersweet. He looks at Leo, who is now gently N's hair. He wonders how must he feel. Maybe he's happy just standing next to the one he loves ; maybe he thinks he can be happy watching the object of his affection from afar. Maybe he could just go and try to move on ; maybe then, he just doesn't want to. Maybe they have been friends for too long for him to deal with staying away, seeing other people. Wonshik doesn't know, and probably will never, but he still pinches his strings, trying to portray Leo's mind.
 
In the bedroom in front, Taekwoon is twirling his fingers around Hakyeon's strands, soothing him to sleep. 
 
"Take a nap. You'll feel better.", he had simply said to his friend as they were sitting together on his bed. 
 
He had laid down Hakyeon, making him rest his head on his beating heart. Amongst all the positions, it's his favorite ; he can play with Hakyeon's hair whenever he feels like it, and feel his breath on his chest. Sometimes, he wonders if Hakyeon can hear the way his heart beats quicker whenever he's around, and if he does, if he chooses to ignore it on purpose.
 
Maybe, he has become such a recurrent protagonist in Hakyeon's life that the latter doesn't even pay attention anymore. Just like in those dating games his sister played all day long during summer, he's sentenced to be forever a NPC, cheering on Hakyeon whenever he would achieve and event, and comforting him whenever he would lose. It doesn't bother him. Not anymore. It might be weak of him, but loving Hakyeon has slowly become something defining him. Will he ever stop? Part of him hopes yes, but he knows he will never. Maybe at some point it will become more of a tenderness, a fondness towards him, but deep down, he already knows part of his heart is Hakyeon's already.
 
Tomorrow he'll buy him cyclamen, his favorite flowers.
 
He kisses his forehead.
 
It's his way to say "I love you."
 
 
Cyclamen - tender love.
 
 
Not far away, Hongbin is happily chatting with Sanghyuk on the phone, while cleaning the floor. He places the little device in the center of the room, on the wooden table, to hear the younger's voice fill the flat ; it makes him happy in a way he can't even fully understand.
 
"Lunch breaks are too short. -he can nearly see Sanghyuk pout- I wanted to talk to you a bit more, but I have to go back in class soon."
 
"Ah, my poor baby-Hyuk", he feigns a coo.
 
"Yuk. You're creeping me out."
 
"When do you get out of school?"
 
"Will you walk me home?"
 
"Yah, reply."
 
Sanghyuk chuckles. "4pm today."
 
"It's early."
 
"I know, right? Just for today though. Let's get ice creams on the way home!"
 
"Are you paying?"
 
"Oppa is paying."
 
Hongbin burst out in laughter at the use of the word. "Don't call me oppa!"
 
"Oppa~~"
 
Sanghyuk tries to do a girl's voice impression, but it's not very efficient.
 
"I'm hanging up."
 
"Why are you always--"
 
"See you later!"
 
He grins, resuming his cleaning. On the table, his phone vibrates one time.
 
'I hate you so much'
 
Sanghyuk's text says.
 
'ㅋㅋㅋ' 
 
Is his only reply.
 
He looks at the hortensias on the table, laughing at himself. When was the last time he felt so light?
 
Four pm strikes, and he's standing in front of the highschool gates, hands in his pockets, on a lemon lollipop. He tries to erase the stupid smile stretching his lips, but he can't help it ; he's just too eager to see Sanghyuk. There are students everywhere beside him, chatting among themselves, some looking at him a bit curiously -mostly girls, he notices, but he's kind of used to it by now, even though it makes him feel extremely uncomfortable.
 
Sanghyuk arrives with the last students, happily boucing his way to him. He waves his friends quickly goodbye, pointing out Hongbin that is standing a few meters away, and they part, eyeing the older. 
 
"Oppa!", he chirps, tugging at his shirt.
 
Hongbin can't supress a laugh. "You're dumb."
 
"I can't kiss you in front of school", Sanghyuk says, lowering his voice, "so let's pretend that we are going to hang out like straight pals over there so that I can kiss you behind that wall."
 
He grins, going before him. They walk side by side, Hongbin repressing the need of holding his hand, until they step into a deserted alley. Pushing softly the younger by the hip, he succeeds in cornering him against the wall to leave a quick peck on his lips, making him smile.
 
"Hey.", Sanghyuk breathes, intertwining their fingers.
 
"Hey.", Hongbin mouths.
 
They kiss again, a bit longer, a bit more tender.
 
"Shouldn't we go slower?"
 
Hongbin raises an eyebrow. "How so?"
 
"Well...", Sanghyuk starts to play with the hem of the other's shirt, something he seems to be doing whenever he's nervous ; he could get used to it, he thinks, because it makes the younger look even cuter. "We only know each other since yesterday... Can we date so early? Shouldn't we start being friends first?"
 
"Are you saying we should stop kissing?", Hongbin smiles, his cheek.
 
Sanghyuk widens his eyes, obviously displeased by the statement.
 
"No! I mean..."
 
"Do you want us to be the kind of friend that kiss each other?", Hongbin laughs, this time, "Oh, yeah, we make out, but in a friendly spirit, y'know."
 
He receives a weak smack from the other, followed by a quick peck.
 
"Fine, fine, let's date then.", Sanghyuk pouts, cheek flushed.
 
"You're cute. But if you feel uncomfortable dating so early, what should we do?"
 
The younger stay silent for a little while, before bending down to pick up a daisy growing on the side of the road.
 
"Should the daisy decide for us?"
 
Hongbin chuckles. "What's that?"
 
"Not date", Sanghyuk enounces, removing a petal.
 
"Date", Hongbin playfully remove the next one.
 
They continue the children's game until there's only one petal left, and a smile flourish on both of their lips.
 
"Date.", they settle together, removing the last petal before holding hands.
 
"That's so ed up.", Hongbin comments, looking at Sanghyuk fondly, fixing his strands. "But I think I liked it."
 
He pauses, kissing the younger once more.
 
"I think I like you."
 

Daisy - innocence, patience, simplicity ; loyal love.

 


I feel like hyukbin's plot is the only one really progressing hahahaha

I promise I'll make it up to wonjae and neo in the next chap