Amaryllis

Say it with flowers
 
For the first time since he moved in, a week ago, Wonshik decides to open his bedroom window's shutter in broad daylight. Everything has been unpacked and neatly arranged, thus has he the time to step into his bedroom during the day to take a deserved nap. It's 2PM on a sunday, the perfect hour to sleep -even though to Wonshik, every hour is perfect to sleep- with the sun warming him up. As soon as he removes the shutters, the room is bathed in sunlight ; Wonshik grins. He strips down to his underwear before jumping on the bed, wrapping himself in the blankets. He watches outside the window.
 
In the front door building there's a bedroom like his, with an exact replica of his big- window. Wonshik is curious to know who lives there ; the room is full of green plants, and clothes are hanging everywhere, he can barely see the bed in the center of the room, a white stain in all of this green. There is a boy in the middle of the chamber, in pull-over and shorts, dancing to a song Wonshik can't hear. He smiles, watching him bob his head in rythm, grin and shaking his repeatedly. He finds himself lucky to have a cute neighbor to look at on that sunday, especially the kind to dance eyes closed, as if nobody was watching -because in fact, nobody is supposed to.
 
Eventually he falls asleep, still facing the window.
 
When he wakes up, there isn't anyone anymore in the room. Sun is still warming his skin up, and he opens the window to have some fresh air. He pouts ; watching the cute neighbor some more wouldn't have hurt. A smile still graces upon his lips at the thought of getting to see him every morning before going to college. It could even happen that someday he could meet him downstairs.
 
I sound like a creep, he smirks to himself, making his way to the kitchen.
 
Sundays are Wonshik's favourite days ; especially when the weather is bright and mild like today. He settles on having frozen yoghurt downtown, with strawberries and white chocolate on top ; his favourite kind. He grabs the first pair of pants and shirt he finds, clear blue and white, and slip on his shoes. He takes also his guitar to work on some of his music, balancing it upon his shoulder, and goes down in the street under the sunrays. He looks at the building in front, hoping that the cute neighbor would have the same idea as him, but unfortunately he doesn't. He shrugs, a bit disappointed, before heading towards the park. It's a place he discovered as soon as moving in, where there are a lot of water games, and large spaces with fresh grass where it's perfect to lie down and look at the sky. There are many families, children, lovers, friends who come to place and Wonshik likes to see them interact. It soothes his heart and inspire him to write or play some little things. He orders his frozen yoghurt and sit in the grass, not far from a male couple laughing and animatedly speaking together.
 
At first Wonshik thinks they are friends, and they make him think about strong friendship. He starts to play some light melody, stopping here and then to eat some of his frozen yoghurt. As he tries to think of some lyrics or other things to add to the playful song, he witnesses them kissing. They look like new lovers, with their shy moves and blushing cheeks. One has very light hair that slightly looks pink, the other, younger, has hazelnut strands falling in his smiling eyes ; they look clumsy but somehow perfect together. Wonshik smiles, and grabs his phone to record the song he's composing. He decides to dedicate them, and this sunny day. They are damp and their clothes stick up to their bodies in a weird way, but Wonshik finds them even more beautiful like that, in the midst of youth, carefree and in love.
 
Wonshik likes to observe people to write music. People are delicate, sometimes complicated, some others they are annoying ; but all in all, people are passionnate and that's what he likes so much about them. Lately, he's been spending a lot of time alone, because of his move, and it's kind of refreshing to go out and be surrounded by people. The cute couple in front of him is laughing at some of pink-haired's joke, and they are looking in each other's eyes with such affection, Wonshik finds himself dreaming about love. He places his guitar aside, lying down on the grass to watch the few clouds lazily pacing in the sky.
 
He hums a light melody, enjoying the little gust of wind chilling his skin. He imagines the cute neighbor, with his chocolate hair, dancing in the middle of the green plants. He imagines what he could be like. Surely, he is about Wonshik's age. Maybe he goes to college, or he is working already. He must be kind and patient, for growing all those plants in his bedroom ; maybe he is a nature lover. Maybe, if Wonshik offers him flowers, he will like them, and place them in his bedroom as well. He smiles to himself. That's worth trying.
 
He gets up grinning, throwing a last glance at the lovely pink-haired and eye-smile boys, who are kissing each other, before grabbing his guitar and leave, humming lightly.
 
 
*
 
 
Jaehwan sees the neighbor's window without shutters for the first time this week, as he plops on his bed after dancing wildly to his favourite songs. Curious, he nearly stick his face to the glass to see who moved in in front. There is only a sleeping guy in display, wrapped up in blankets. Jaehwan smiles. It's a much better view to him than the previous person, a fifty-year-old man who apparently liked to wander around , forcing him to live with closed curtains ; the new neighbor seems kind of cute, at least with his sleeping face.
 
He goes in the living-room to read some. He likes to hang out in the common places, because at any time Hongbin can come and annoy him or start to talk nonsense, and he kind of likes it. Even if it isn't Hongbin's style to be loud or obnoxious, he still likes having him around, typing on his laptop or listening to relaxing indie music, tapping his fingers lightly on the wooden table while studying. Hongbin is not going to appear anytime soon, he knows, because he left him this morning to hang out with that kid he offered flowers to, but he installs himself on the couch anyway. At least without Hongbin around, he can lie down and take all the space that he wants.
 
He is kind of jealous of Hongbin, he has to admit. That bet he made him honored wasn't at all supposed to make him meet anyone ; he just wanted to embarass him. Turned out that Jaehwan was a Cupid without knowing it, just like in highschool when he ended up helping his crush dating his current girlfriend. Jaehwan's plans never seem to go as planned. He imagines Hongbin and the kid having fun somewhere in town, probably laughing and having fun, as he is stuck here, bored to death. Sure, he could go out and have some fresh air, but he is too lazy to do it. Besides, he has to sleep some to actually recover from the party they had the day before. He closes his eyes, finally tossing his book aside.
 
He dreams of Hongbin, the kid and the cute neighbor planting beansprouts together -which is kind of funny, he snorts in his dream, considering that they basically plant tiny Hongbins. They look happy and look like they have fun doing it, whereas he is sitting on a wooden table, in the shadow, doing paperwork. He wants to get up and go have some fun with them, helping with the tiny sprouts, but his and feet are stick to the chair and the ground.
 
"Hongbin-ah!", he tries to call, but the sounds stay stuck in his throat.
 
He sees the cute neighbor lifting his head to smile at him, waving his hand as if to motion him to come. Jaehwan sighs in frustration. Then he sees Hongbin and the kid holding hands, kissing lightly. His heart sink down his stomach heavily. He has had this crush on the younger for a couple of months, since they moved in together, that he kept to himself. Eventually it has faded out a little, but confronted to the horrendous reality that Hongbin could soon be someone else's instead of just being his unreachable self, Jaehwan's throat tightens.
 
"You're the best Cupid of all.", Hongbin says, and it seems so real, Jaehwan wants to get up of his chair and run to him, to scream that it wasn't what he wanted to do, that it isn't what he wants.
 
However he is still stuck here, on his wooden chair, wriggling to move an inch closer, just and inch, to shout louder, or even just whisper, that's not what he wants.
 
He wakes up heart pounding, moved to sadness. On the table in front of him, there are blue hortensias, and he knows Hongbin is home. He buries his face into his hands. It's eight pm already, and he doesn't feel like doing anything aside going back to sleep, even if his dream has made his whole body heavy.
 
"You're awake?", Hongbin smiles, stepping in the room.
 
Jaehwan nods. "How long have you been out?"
 
"I came home about... I'd say, half and hour ago? Honestly, I don't even know when Hyuk and I parted."
 
"Hyuk? Is that his name?"
 
Hongbin blushes, and it makes Jaehwan's heart sink deeper. "Yes. I... I think we are dating? But I'm not sure. I don't know. I just... I gave him my number."
 
Jaehwan munches on his bottom lip, registering the painful information.
 
"Oh, and I found this in front of our door... Apparently someone asked the neighbor next door to give it to us but you didn't reply when they rang, or something like that. Anyway, I think it's for you, since it's a plant.", Hongbin added, motioning to the flower pot resting on the kitchen counter. Jaehwan gets up, a tad surprised.
 
"For me?"
 
Hongbin shrugs. "I don't know. I don't recognise the handwriting."
 
Jaehwan furrows his eyebrows, reading the little note sticked on the pot.
 
Roses are red, Violets are blue
I at poems
This is for you
 
He can't repress a small smile. Damn right you , he thinks, before looking at the flowers. They are a light shade of orange, more like peach.
 
"They are pretty.", Hongbin comments.
 
"It's amaryllis, of course they are pretty.", he grins. "I'll take them to my room."
 
Jaehwan places them right by the window, to have a light touch of color in his green chamber.
 
In the other building, Wonshik watches him leave the room after watering the flowers. He smiles to himself, working on the composition he started during the afternoon. He decides to call it 'Blooming'.
 

Amaryllis - Desire to court.

 


Again, it's short, but at least the intro part is completed and now we can get to the interesting part! hehehe.

Prepare yourselves bc instead of simple cheesiness I intend to shower you with feels and angst and fluff and drama, and crack and huuff flowerrrrrrs!

hahaha I'm so excited.

Anyway. This was quick to post at least! Are you happy? Oh, I hope you are.

PS: do you want an anecdote concerning the writing of the chap? no? then don't read haha. I was going to make wonshik buy anthurium instead of amaryllis bc the meaning on the site i was on was "orange anthurium: flirting" so i was like, uh, oh, good idea! lucky i googled the name to see what they looked like bc i find them kinda weird. not that they are ugly or whatsoever (bc flowers like people are all beautiful okay don't even try to deny that) but they kinda looked like alien flowers to me lmao so yep. wait, what was the purpose of that anecdote? none, i'm sorry. i'm just sharing my life struggles with you lovely people.

See you next chap! XOXO to you, bruh.