chapter 9

Payback

 

Jinki got into the apartment, it was still early but after he spent a sleepless night on his Noona's couch he decided to stop running away from his problems.

The sun hasn’t rise yet and the living room was dark, on the couch Minho was sleeping, his lower body expose. He got closer feeling his heart sinking in his chest, sure they haven't been perfect lately but…cheating?

He raised a used from the table, disgusted by the thought even though it was clean from any , tears sprang into his eyes as he looked down at his lover.

Minho slowly opened his eyes to see Jinki standing close to him, small pain held his back when he sat, suddenly his foggy brain flashed, he was drunk and…Taemin.

"Jinki…" he said quietly, his lover looked hurt as he turned away from him and was already collecting his things that were packaged, gathering around the apartment.

Calling his name again he hurried to get up and get dressed, he caught Jinki's arm and spun him around making him drop a box "…I can explain" he said even if he couldn’t.

Jinki let his tears fall as he pushed him away, he hit Minho's chest with his hand "you're an , we haven’t even broke up yet"

"Babe, listen to me-" Minho said desperately and tried to hold the hand that hit him, when he did Jinki let go of the used he held and it fell to the floor.

Minho looked at the , suddenly it was hard to breathe, he remembered all clearly- Taemin took him home after they got out and he got drunk, he…ed him.

"To think I was stupid enough to believe that we can fix this" Jinki's voice cracked "all night long I was tossing and thinking maybe we could give it another try, because I truly love you and I don’t think I can not have you in my life" he pulled his hand from his lover "but you were sleeping with someone else in our apartment. Can you really explain that Minho?"

Minho looked torn, for the last six months they grew apart, he thought it was just a matter of time before they'll get married- after all they were perfect to each other but things worked differently.

"You the one who wanted to break up" he said defensively.

Jinki nodded "and I guess I was right with my decision, you weren’t faithful anyway"

"I was drunk! He took me back home, I wasn’t planning on sleeping with-"

"I don’t want to know who he is!" Jinki cut him off "it won't changed the fact that you have been cheating on me, it won't make it forgivable!"

"I never cheated on you before"

"Until now? Should I be proud of you?"

"Jinki-"

"Forget it Minho, nothing you'll say would make things better…" Jinki said disappointedly and took few steps away from him, he kneeled and took the use from the floor, placing it Minho's hand "I wish you the best" he mumbled before he left the apartment.

 

 

Minho felt like fire was burning him from the inside as he drove to his parents' house, he was deep in thoughts and Sunday's breakfast with his family was the latest thing he needed now but nobody wants to mess with Mrs. Choi by saying he won't come. He knew that his parents would ask about Jinki, his lover always showed to Sunday's breakfast and what could he say? We broke up few hours ago because I cheated on him? I slept with Taemin- who's by the way dating Jinri- so he left?

Even though it was painful loosing Jinki he knew it's for the best, it's over long ago but they weren’t brave enough to say it out loud, he just wished it could have been differently, with a goodbye hug and not with tears.

 Stopping the car he got out and made his way to the front door, he took a deep breath before he opened it and felt the anxiety rippling his body, Taemin was there holding his little sister, nuzzling her neck fondly, whispering something into her ear, she laughed- so naïve, if she only knew that her little boyfriend ed him last night she would…no, he can't tell her that and he definitely can't let Taemin tell her, no, he'll do anything so she won't get hurt.

"Oppa…you're here" Jinri's voice caught his attention, she let go of Taemin and got closer to hug him, he did as he watched Taemin over her shoulder, he smiled devilishly "where is Jinki?" she asked when she let go of him.

Minho cleared his throat "he wasn’t feeling so good this morning" he lied.

"He said he wasn’t feeling so good last night either" she said worriedly.

"Guess it just the flu"

"Who got the flu?" Mr. and Mrs. Choi walked into the living room.

"Jinki…" Taemin said cheerily "Mrs. Choi, do you need any help?"

"No thank you sweetie. Let's all go to the dining room" she said and Jinki was forgotten for now.

Before Taemin could reach the dining room Minho grabbed his arm and stopped him, the younger hissed and anger written on his face, it wasn’t hurts but the way Minho pulled him made him remember how he used to pull him back then when they were kids, he took few steps away from him as he pulled back his arm and really tried to be calm.

"What are you doing?" Minho hissed dangerously at him.

"Going to eat breakfast?"

"You know what I mean…"

"Oh, you mean saving your from questions about your lover?"

"I don’t need to save my -"

"Too bad" Taemin cut him off "I liked it so I guess I have my interests, it was really tight..." he watched as Minho's face became red with anger.

"Why have you done that?"  

Taemin just shrugged, he wanted to pass by the older but got stopped once again.

"If you'll hurt Jinri-"

"Oh no, I won't hurt her" he said smiling sweetly "you will… if you'll tell her what happened, so I guess you'll have to be quiet about it"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Taemin danced through the night, he could have stay home but he needed some distraction from himself, he couldn’t stop thinking and when he danced his thoughts disappeared.

Through breakfast at the Choi family he managed to make Minho uncomfortable, the older looked torn every time he placed his hand on his sister and for a moment he truly believed he'll burst and hit him in front of his parents, but Minho tried to stay calm as much as possible.

When he came back to his apartment he collapsed on the couch and fell asleep, he barely slept the night before and was exhausted. When he woke up he saw few missed calls from Jonghyun, he didn’t wanted to talk to his manager, not after what happened the night before, it was too...weird, or was it just him? They were gentle with each other and even kissed, it never happened before- they're buddies, just ing and last night was more like love making, it confused him and he couldn’t talk about it, not yet.

Now as the music played all over again he looked at himself in the mirrors, he was sweating and panting harshly but wasn’t ready to stop, he danced until his legs buckled underneath him, so when he saw Key hovering above him he was a little surprised, he shifted and realized his head was resting on the P/A's thighs "w-what?"

Key looked at him worriedly, his hand touched his forehead softly as he asked "are you alright?"

"What happened?"

"I came here and you were on the floor, what are you doing here so early?"

Taemin sat and held his head, it felt heavy "I was here all night…"

Key gave him a bottle of water and frowned "why?"

"Needed to distract my mind a little bit" Taemin said and opened the bottle, he gulped the cold water eagerly.

"You should be careful, don’t exhaust yourself"

Taemin lowered the bottle and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand, he looked at Jonghyun's P/A and wondered why he was being nice to him, after all they weren’t friends, the P/A hated him- he never gave a reason not to of course.

"Maybe you should go home and rest…"

"I'm fine"

Key shrugged and was about to get on his feet when Taemin held his arm and stopped him "Komawo" he mumbled, the P/A just nodded at him and got up, he made his way to the door when Taemin called his name "…why you're being nice to me?"

Key glanced at him over his shoulder "you're maybe an but I'm not" he said and left the dancing room.

Taemin stared at the door for a long moment before he got to his feet and trembled his way out of the dancing room, Key was right he needed some rest- even if he had schedule today.

The P/A was making his way to his desk with mug of fresh coffee in his hand when Taemin got out, he stopped and looked as the idol made his way toward him, probably waiting for him to ruin his beverage.

"I'm going, can you tell Jonghyun I wasn’t feeling so good?"

Key nodded and watched him leaving.

 

 

"Taemin!" Jonghyun was calling his name as he made his way to the car, he cursed underneath his breath and turned to face his manager.

"I called you few times yesterday…" Jonghyun said now that he was close.

"Sorry, I should have called you back"

"Where are you going? You have schedule today"

"I don’t feel so good" Taemin excused and opened his car's door, Jonghyun grabbed his arm and stopped him from going in.  

"What's going on with you…?"

"Nothing, I'm just tired" Taemin pulled his arm from him and got into the car, his manager leaned on the window at the moment he shut the door and looked at him worriedly "come over tonight…"

Taemin looked like he was thinking for a moment before he start the car "my hurts, maybe some other time" it was lame excuse he knew it and so does his manager "you should ask Key, he'll probably free tonight " he said with a small smile and drove away.

Jonghyun watched as the car left the parking lot and frowned, Kibum?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"You're not really sick, are you?"

Jinki sighed heavily as he looked outside the window in his office "no, I'm fine"

"What's going on?"

"Nothing sweetie"

"Are you two had a fight again?"

"No"

"Jinki Oppa…"Jinri said with a tone that meant I'm not stupid.

"We broke up" Jinki said quietly, he could hear her soft gasp when the words left his mouth.

"What?! Why?!"

"We don’t love each other anymore" he lied but he couldn’t tell her that her brother cheated on him.

"No way! Minho Oppa loves you and…and you love him! You two just confused"

Bitter chuckles filled the line, Jinki made his way back to his desk and sat, his vision blurred and in his mind he thought about better days with his lover, ex-lover.

"…you two need to talk things through" Jinri kept talking.

Wiping his eyes Jinki cleared his throat "we have nothing to talk about anymore sweetie"

Silent held the line for a long moment, each one of them in his own thoughts, Jinri was the first to talk "we still gonna be friends, you and I- right?"

"Of course" Jinki said smiling sadly.

"My brother is a jerk for doing what he does"

Jinki's heart clenched in his chest- does she knows?

"…Can't he just tell you how much he loves you?!"

She…doesn't know, he rather believe that.

"Even I'm not stupid enough to believe that my first love, sorry crush, is out there somewhere"

Oh, his first crush again, the boy from third grade, Jinri was naïve to think it's all about that again, yes sure his lover tried to look for that boy but it was long time ago, when they just started dating, Minho proved him that he's the only one in his life and that boy was just pure curiosity, we all wants to know what happened to the ones we loved- right?   

"Can he just let it go?" Jinri sounded mad at her big brother "for god sake, it's been so long, he have you!"

"Jinri…" Jinki said softly waiting for her to calm down "it's nothing to go with it"

"So why…?"

"It's privet, between us"

"I understand"

"I love you sweetie, thank you for worried about us"

"I'm worried about you…" she said bitterly knowing that Jinki is sensitive man.  

"So don’t, I'm fine" he said and hoped she won't hear his voice shaking "I'll talk to you later, I have a lot of work" Jinri hummed in respond and they hung up just in time before Jinki burst in tears.