chapter 14

Payback

 

 

The coffee shop Minho chose was quiet, he waited for his sister to join him, she called him moments after she got out of the university and said she's on her way. He already ordered three cups of espresso and was on his way to order another one when Jinri walked in.

"Oppa…" she said with a smile and hugged him tightly before she took the seat in front of him "sorry I'm late…"

Minho just nodded, the waitress reached their table and took their ordered and when she was gone Jinri leaned on her elbows curious about what her brother would tell her, usually he would have come to their parents house but this time he insisted on going out for a privet talk.

"So?"

Minho looked at his eager sister and cleared his throat "Jinri… I've found him" he said, there was no need to explain her who he was talking about, her eyes lighted up and a big smile crossed her lips.

"Your first love…?"

"Hmm"

"Oh my god!" she said happily "when, how, where, did you talked with him, are you two together now, how does he look like now, are you-"

Minho raised his hand to stop his sister from asking too many questions all at once, she giggled and mumbled "Mianhae…"

Smiling, he glances at his wristwatch "he should be here soon"

"Now???" she freaked and ran her hand over her hair "why haven’t you said so?! I look like a hell!"

"You look fine. Jin, it’s a little complicated, me and him…"

"Why? He already has a boyfriend?" she asked frowning.

The waitress reached their table with their order before Minho could talk, he waited for her to leave them alone again "no…I mean we're together now -"

"That’s great!!!" Jinri clapped her hands excitedly.

For so many days he was trying to find the right words to tell his sister about him and Taemin, in his head it was easy but now when the moment has come he felt a little insecure, what if his sister won't be ok with it like he thought, like he told Taemin…?

He wanted to talk with her weeks ago and just get over with it but Taemin asked him to wait until he'll be back from his tour so they could talk with her together, not that he was have to, he could have done it by himself but the boy insisted- saying he need her forgiveness for treating her like he did.

The front door at the coffee shop opened and Jinri's clapping stopped, her face changed and she frowned "Taemin?" her voice barely sounded.

Minho turned and soft smile crossed his lips, he reached his hand and waited for the younger to hold it, Taemin got closer and did as he sat by his side "hello Sulli…" he said quietly.

"What are you…I…don’t get it…" she looked at her brother and her eyes bulged "are you two…?"

They nodded together.

"Jin" Minho said and with his free hand he touched his sister hand "I know it's quite a shock..."

She gulped and shared her gaze between them "but…"

"I know and this is why I wanted to talk to you"

"We need to explain" Taemin talked for the first time making her look at him with teary eyes.

"You broke up with me, so you could…you're sick!!!"

Minho felt the urge to talk but Taemin released his hand from his grip and gave him a meaningful look, asking him with his eyes to let him talk "I need to apologize for what I have done. Mianhaeyo, I used you to get to Minho. You probably won't remember me but we were at the same school when we were kids, your brother used to bullied me all the time"

Jinri's face softened like she was trying to remember.

"…I left school when I was on the third grade" he continued, taking a glance at Minho "I was an idiot for many years and let the grudge grow in me, thinking about avenging Minho for hurting me. I remembered he has a sister and since I couldn’t find him on FaceBook or Twitter I looked for you, I found out where you are studying and recognized you at the moment I saw you, you haven’t changed much"

"So you just used me?" Jinri asked sadly "it was all planned?"

"Nae. Mianhaeyo"

She looked at her brother disappointedly like asking for his opinion on Taemin's ways "why aren’t you saying anything? Are you ok with that?" she raised her voice making people glance at them.

"NO Jinri, I'm not ok with that, he did something stupid and hurt my little sister. I'm angry for that but I like him, a lot, I was looking for him for so many years- you know that- and now that I found him I want him in my life and…I want my sister to forgive him"

She got to her feet and Taemin looked at Minho anxiously "Sulli, please try to understand" Taemin said and held her hand before she could go.

"I need some time" she mumbled and pulled her hand from his grip, she took a glance at her brother, letting small tears rolled down her cheeks before she left the coffee shop.  

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

"Honey, I'm home…" Taemin said chuckling to himself, it was their little joke since they moved together few months ago. He placed his bag on the floor next to door and kicked his shoes aside, taking off his stink sweatshirt he called his lover's name, there was no answer "Minho?" he called once again "baby?"

Minho got out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist, small beads of water dripped down his skin slowly, his intoxicating smell mixed with his body wash, smiling he got closer to the younger, he wanted to wrap his arms around him but Taemin moved away.

"I'm stinky" he said wrinkling his nose and instead he just tapped a kiss on Minho's lips, the older hasn't gave up and caught him in his hug "hello gorgeous" he said and fumbled for his lips, giggling Taemin wrapped his arms around his neck and hugged tightly to his body.

"Hey babe…"

"How was your day?" Minho asked, slowly letting go of him.

"I practiced a lot" Taemin said with exhausted look on his face "the video shooting tomorrow, I need to be perfect"

"I know you will"

"Would you come to see the shooting?"

For the two years they have been together Minho did his best to take a part in Taemin's celebrity's life, he went to concerts, shooting, events, he even had his own sessaengs just because he was dating Taemin 'Oppa'. He knew that his appearance in those places made his lover feel good, secure and loved… "I'll try, I have a meeting tomorrow"        

Soft smile crossed the younger's face and he nodded understandingly "let's go out tonight"

"What you got on your mind?"

"Anything, I just want to go out with you, it's been awhile since we were just the two of us"

"Go take a shower and then we could go out"

The boy didn’t need to be told twice, he done a quick shower and got dressed in no time, they were on their way out of the house when suddenly he saw a pile of letters on the table in the living room, he thought it was all bills but one envelope in particular seems to be different, it peeped out in between the other letters.

"We got mail"

Minho was already with his keys in his hand and was ready to lock the door behind them but stopped when he saw Taemin going back into the living room "it's probably bills…we could check it when we'll be back"

"Baby…" Taemin said and raised the different envelope in is hand.

Minho closed the door and got into the living room next to his lover, his face changed when he saw the envelope he was holding, it was white with golden letters.

"It's…from your sister" Taemin said quietly, he knew that day would come but hadn’t mentioned it, he never thought he'll be invited anyway, he and Minho haven't even talked about it so it won't be embarrassing and uncomfortable for the other.

Minho took the envelope from his hand and turned it "to: Minho and his partner" he read it out loud.

"It's a wedding invitation- for both of us?"

Minho frowned, sure he was invited- he was the bride's brother and when Jinri told him she and Suho are getting married he knew he would be invited without his lover, since that day they told her about their relationship she maybe said she need to think things through but she never really said a thing about forgiveness, since then Taemin took a step back and tried not to show up in family occasions, it hurts him but the boy said he don't want to make the two siblings uncomfortable with his presence.

"…you asked her to invite me?" Taemin asked unsure.

"Aniyo" Minho said and placed the envelope back on the table.

"You think maybe your parents forced her to invite me…or maybe-"

"Tae" Minho cut him and wrapped his arms around him, hugging him tightly, feeling the stress that holding his bones as he leaned his head on his shoulder.

"I just don’t want to be in a place I'm not wanted out of pity. Sulli never forgave me, how come she's inviting me to her wedding?"

Looking down at the boy Minho tapped a kiss on his forehead "you don’t have to come if it's making you uncomfortable, I believe Jinri finally grew and realized that I love you and it's childish to be mad at someone for so long"

Taemin flinched, it reminded him how much he was mad at his lover for such a stupid thing, motivated by anger for so many years "I love you" he mumbled into the crook of his neck, just to make sure the older knew it.

"I love you too" Minho said smiling "let's go out, you don’t have to think about it now, we got time and if you don’t want to come it's ok"

Taemin hummed and raised his head from Minho's shoulder, he held his hand and they went out of the house quietly, each one of them in his own thoughts.