chapter 7

Payback

   

 

 

At the moment Taemin walked into his apartment he collapsed on the bed for a good sleep, he woke up only the day after- at noon, just on time to get ready for dinner with Jinri's family. After he did a long hot shower, he got dressed and perfumed, taking extra care about his appearance he knew that today would be his lucky day to finally meet with Choi Minho.     

Now standing at the door with a bouquet in one hand and a bag with gifts in the other he rang the doorbell and waited for someone to open.

He heard footsteps and the door opened, a lovely woman with a big smile stood at the entrance "hello, you must be Taemin" she said sweetly.

Taemin smiled "and you must be Sulli's Umma, it's a pleasure to meet you" he said and gave her the bouquet. 

"Oh, you're so charming, come in come in…"

Taemin did and as the door closed behind him he saw Jinri rushing down the stairs "Oppa!" she called and threw her self into his hug, he caught her and spun her in the air making her giggle before he placed a small kiss on her lips, Jinri flushed and glanced at her mother who was busy with finding a place for the flowers he brought.

"I missed you so…" she said quietly.

"Me too" Taemin said with a smile before he gave her the little bag in his hand "these are for you…"

"What is it?"

"Gifts…"

"Oppa, you shouldn’t have!" Jinri squeaked as she opened the bag and found few wrapped boxes in it, she tried to decide what to open first but her mother interrupted, asking them to go into the living room.  

"Come, you should meet my Appa and Minho Oppa…" she said and held his hand, dragging him after her.

Taemin followed, his heart pounded excitedly, when they walked into the cozy living room he saw three men, he recognized Minho immediately, the bully haven’t changed much...if anything- he looked prettier than he remembered.

"Appa…" Jinri called cutting the conversation between her father and her brother, they looked at her and at the blond boy who held her hand "this is Taemin, the one I told you I'm dating with"

Jinri's father eyed him from head to toe, he was a big man and it made Taemin a little uncomfortable in his skin, he bowed as he greeted him- being politely as much as he could.

"Nice to meet you…" Jinri's father said and reached his hand for a shake.

"Taemin, this is my brother Minho"

"Nice to meet you" Taemin said politely and reached his hand "Jinri talked a lot about you"

Minho smiled as he grabbed his hand and shook it firmly.

"Nice to meet you too, unfortunately my little sister haven’t said a thing about you"

"Oppa! Don’t embarrass him" Jinri called and hit her brother's shoulder "I haven’t said anything because you're over protective and you would scare him away"

Minho chuckled, it made Taemin's stomach clench, he watched as he hugged his little sister closer and planted a kiss on her top "be a good girl and I won't have to protect you so much"

"Ya!" Jinri made a face at her brother and he let go of her, a smile crossed her face and her eyes landed on the third man in the room, he was so quiet that Taemin forgot he saw him when they walked into the living room.

"…and this is Jinki" she said "his my brother's partner"

Partner?! As…life partner? Lover? Minho was…gay?

"Nice to meet you…" Jinki said kindly, he got up from the couch he was sitting on and shook his hand, his eyes were distance but his smile honest.

Until now, Taemin wasn’t sure how he'll revenge the older when the time would come, he never thought about it- motivated by his anger, however now as he shook Jinki's hand he knew it would be easy.  

 

 

Dinner was good, Jinri's mother was a great cook, conversations around the table were casual with laughter, her parents asked about their first meeting and about him being an idol mostly, Taemin answered all of their curios questions.

However during the whole time he couldn't help it but stare at Minho and Jinki, the two were sitting side by side and were very polite to each other but there was nothing more than that, just mutual affection, it was weird but it simplified things.

"Would you like dessert, Taemin?"

Taemin raised his gaze and shook his head "no thanks, Mrs. Choi. I'm full" he said tapping his stomach and for a moment he thought he saw Minho eyeing him.

Jinri's mother laughed and asked if anyone else wants, there were no jumpers besides her husband who volunteered to help her in the kitchen.

"He just wants to make sure Umma would give him a big slice of cake!" Jinri said and her brother laughed.

Taemin and Jinki shared a smile before the other got up from his chair, he placed his hand on Minho's shoulder and tapped it, Minho raised his look at him and got up as well.

"Are you guys going already?" Jinri asked disappointed.

Jinki hummed, he hugged her and kissed her cheek goodbye, he shook Taemin's hand and went to the kitchen to say goodbye to Mr. and Mrs. Choi.

"What's going on?" Jinri asked her brother who avoided her eyes "are you two alright?"  

Minho cleared his throat, reminding his little sister that they were not alone and it wasn’t the place or time to talk about his love life, he kissed her cheek and reached his hand for Taemin "take care of her, if you'll hurt her I'll hurt you" his tone was joking but clearly he wasn’t.

"I should go too" Taemin said as Minho went after his lover into the kitchen.

"Can't you stay a little bit longer?"

Getting closer to her, he wrapped his arms around her waist and tugged her to his body, his lips kissed her forehead softly as he mumbled "I wish I could, I have fansign tomorrow, I need to get up early"

Jinri nodded understandingly and angled her head to catch his lips with a soft kiss.

"…it's gonna be a little busy for a while"

"I'll be patient" she promised.

 

 

 

Between concerts, fansigns, variety shows and radio programs Taemin could barely find time to breathe- debuting wasn’t easy, not that he regretted but he was tired and on top of all Jinri was nagging about not seeing him- cutely- of course.

Now as he drove her back home after they went to a small café he kissed her goodbye and made his way back to his car, he saw a blue car pulling over.

"Hi..." Minho called as he got out of his car.

Taemin smiled and let go of the car's door, suddenly going back home and get some sleep doesn't seems to be so important like moments ago at the café when Jinri blabbered nonstop "hi…"

"Are you going or coming?"

"Going…"

"Oh, it's still early" Minho said and glanced at the clock on his wrist.

"I have magazine shooting tomorrow, I need to get up early"

"Oh…that idols thing" he said chuckling.

Idiot. Taemin thought to himself. Very good looking idiot though.  He hummed as an answer and smiled.

"You and I should get a drink someday, I'd love to know what so dazzling about you- according to my sister"

Taemin's eyes flicked, that man made things easier for him "nae, we should"

"Well, drive safely" Minho smiled and locked his car, he made his way to the house and closed the door behind him.

Taemin watched him as he left before he got into his car and drove away.      

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Making it a double date was Taemin's idea actually, however Jinki found an excuse and hadn’t showed up, thanks god Jinri insisted on going out anyway just the three of them.

Taemin picked her up and on their way to pick up Minho she told him a lot of interesting things about her older brother, for example- how he and Jinki are fighting a lot lately.  When they reached Minho's apartment Jinri asked Taemin not to say anything about what she had told him, her brother hated when she talked about his love life in front of strangers and he was one, Taemin smiled and nodded, promising he'll keep his tongue about it.

Minho got out of the building seconds after he pulled the car over, he was wearing casual tee and jeans but his leather jacket made him look hot.

They went to a nice local pub- where no one could recognize him, he was an idol now and a lot of people forgot that he needed his privacy once in a while. Jinri settled with a cocktail while he and her brother went on something harder, after the fifth glass Minho finally started to get buzzed but even when he was drunk he was quiet about his personal life.

"We should take him home" Jinri said giggling when her brother tried to get up from his chair and walk to the bar to get another round of drinks.

Taemin eyed him before tuning his gaze back to her "sure" he said smiling devilishly but had no intend of going yet.

"Oppa…that's the last one!" Jinri said when Minho came back with more glasses.

Her brother smiled, exposing perfect white teeth "Nae…Nae…"

And it was indeed the last drink, after that last glass Taemin and Jinri helped Minho to get up and get out of the pub. Unlike the two siblings Taemin haven't taken any drinks, he was sober when he drove them home.    

"Maybe I should take you first…" he suggested and reached his hand over the gear to hold her "you have class tomorrow"

"Would you manage with Minho?" Jinri asked worriedly and glanced at the back seat to see her brother napping.

"Of course"

When they arrived her house she turned to face him, his hand rested on her thigh making her flush as she kissed him goodbye "komawo Oppa, I had a great night"

"Me too..." he gave her a melting smile, his hand her thigh up to her the hem of her miniskirt, her eyes lidded and she let out a soft groan in but he stopped, disappointing her.

"Good night" she mumbled and glanced at her brother who was still asleep before she got out of the car.

"Good night" Taemin mumbled, He waited for her to go into the house before he drove to Minho's apartment.