chapter 13

Payback

Taemin walked into the agency early that morning, his brain wouldn’t shut and he needed to dance his thoughts away. At the reception Key was sitting with the phone attached to his ear, on his face a sheepish smile and he was giggling softly into the device "…your coffee is getting cold…well, I told you we need to get up early but someone insisted on staying for the night…ah ha…oh Jjong!"

He passed by him straight into the practicing room and turned up the volume to the highest level, he took of his jacket and kicked off his shoes before he stood in front of the mirror and started to move his body, his dance was erratically- reflection of his heart. He wanted to scream, can't contain his emotions anymore, everything was in such a big mess- he wasn’t planning on having feelings for Minho and why the hell he was being so ing gentle and good with him the night before, making him all confused? It was supposed to be simple, he found Jinri, made her fall for him, got Minho thanks to her, hurt him, moving on- why it wasn’t that easy! Oh yeah, because he was stupid and ed him! Genius!

The door to the practicing room opened and Key peeped his head in "Taemin…" he called over the music, the idol haven’t heard him but saw him through the mirror, the P/A was holding a little box in his hand making him frown and stop dancing.

Key couldn’t stand the noise, he went and turned off the music before he got closer to the idol and gave him the box.

"What is it?"

"Delivery for you…"

Taemin frowned "who is it from?"

Key just shrugged and went out of the practicing room without answering.

Opening the box Taemin saw two fresh buns and a cup of coffee to go, the sweet smell filled his nostrils and made his heart pound fast, he knew who sent it to him, some bully he liked and couldn’t admit.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Good morning Mr. Choi" the barista at the coffee shop smiled "how are you today?"

"Good, how are you Luna?"     

"Lovely so far. Two cappuccino as usual?"

Minho hummed as approval and took a look on the fresh pastries.

"You should take the chocolate chips cookies- he'll like it" Luna said when she saw that Minho couldn't decide what to buy.

Smiling at her he nodded and she placed few cookies in a small box along with one of the cappuccino "Jinki is such a lucky guy to have you pampering him like that every morning"

Minho offered a sad smile thinking about the way he hurt his ex-lover.

Luna knew Jinki, it was their coffee shop- where they bought coffee every morning on their way to work, Minho always thought that she had a crush for his ex-lover but she knew they were a couple…a gay couple, however Minho haven’t said a thing about them breaking up, it wasn’t anyone's business anyway, he just kept listening to the complements she gave and nodded politely, she doesn't need to know that for the last three weeks he has been sending coffee and sweets to another man.

Luna doodled the address on a little note and promised Minho it would deliver fast as always, he thanked her and paid before he left the coffee shop.

On his way to work Minho got stuck on a traffic jam, he the radio in his car and sipped from his cappuccino while moving slowly on the road, his favorite show was on- playing some cheerily songs, distracting his mind of thoughts about Taemin.

It's been three weeks since the boy left his bed and things left unclear, he wanted his forgiveness but more than that he wanted his affection, for so many years he craved to meet his first love again and when it finally happened it wasn’t like anything he ever imagined, instead of rainbows and butterflies Taemin disappeared from his life.

"…our next guest, Lee Taemin"

The mention of Taemin's name on the radio made him turned up the volume, the host talked about the raising idol and he's new upcoming song "Anyonghaseo..." Taemin said almost sheepishly, his soft voice filled the small space of the car, making Minho's heart squeeze in his chest, god he wanted to see the boy, touch him so badly.   

"…And you're going out on a new tour…" the host announced.

"Nae" the boy answered politely.

"Dates and tickets at the agency website" The new song played quietly at the background while the host asked Taemin some questions, the music was quiet and melancholic- and Taemin was singing about a love that can't be.

"Taemin SSI, it’s a very special song isn’t it?"

"Nae, I wrote it"

"The song telling about complicated relationship, is it something you experienced?"

There was a little silence before he cleared his throat and mumbled "Nae"

"I guess all of our fans would like to know if you have someone special in you life now"

Embarrassed he chuckled "not yet"     

"Oh! You heard that girls? Taemin SSI is still available!" they laughed for a moment before the host kept asking "who is your ideal type?"

"Mmm…someone who wouldn’t be afraid to know the real me, someone who will surprise me with small and simple things just like coffee in the morning, someone who will have pure feelings and would forgive me for all the mistakes I'll do…"

"You're such a romantic Taemin SSI, no wonder your new song is so emotional and touching"

 Minho's heart fluttered, guess the boy wasn’t ignoring his gestures after all.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The coordi Nonna checked his clothing and makeup one last time, Jonghyun was shooting orders to the stage workers and everyone around him were busy, in 15 minutes he'll be up on the stage with the first concert that would open his tour.

He could hear the crowd roaring his name even from backstage but unlike usual- this time he wasn’t excited, he was a little sad, this morning there was no coffee and sweets from his bully.

Well yeah, it was stupid to be sad over such a small gesture but he got used to the attention, he waited for it every morning- it put a smile on his face, but he was a coward and no matter how much he tried to ignore it his heart wouldn't let him, he wanted to call Minho but what would he tell him?!  'Hi, I can't stop thinking about you since we ed a month ago, forgive me for everything – I already forgave you and …let's do that again'?

Well, he should have called him, if not after the first time Minho sent him coffee than at least the third, leave his stupid pride and stupid brain aside and just confess, he already told him he's having feelings for him before he swept him into his bedroom and made love to him, was it love making? It wasn’t a that’s for sure, it was more than that…and for god sake they cuddled after that-

"Taemin…" Jonghyun's voice cut his trail of thoughts, the coordi Noona left him as he turned to face his manager "5 minutes. Do you need anything before you going on stage?"

"No thanks"

Jonghyun nodded and tapped his shoulder "are you ok?"

"Hmm"

The older knew he was lying but shut as he did a lot lately through his bursts, the idol still wouldn’t talk to him about things that bothered him.

Taemin offered a small smile before he made his way out of the dressing room and up on the stage, the lights went off and the crowd freaked, sticks light colored the hall, his heart pounded excitedly with new powers, the music started to play and the dancers got their places, when he opened his mouth to sing the crowd renewed his cheers- making him alive- and when his moment to get on his knees and rip his shirt off came he thought he'll be deaf because of his fans' screams and he did, everything became mute.

On his knees holding his ripped shirt in his hands, his eyes linked with one man at the first row- MINHO.

 

 

It seems like his concert last forever, he danced and sang through the whole time but his gaze focused on Minho like he was the only person in the huge hall.

When he sang his last song Minho got up from his seat and left, his voice cracked and it suddenly became so hard to breathe and sing at the same time, a lump stuck in his throat and he could barely see through the tears that sprang in his eyes, he wanted to call his name tell him to stop but instead he took a shaky breath and kept singing– watching him disappeared in the shadows of the darken hall.

The last vibe played and Taemin hurried to get off of the stage, he dropped the mike as he ran backstage and pushed everyone aside him, he saw his manager making his way toward him but kept moving toward the exit.

"TAEMIN…" Jonghyun called but the idol wouldn't stop, he ran away from there.

Heart pounding wildly in his chest Taemin pushed the bouncer who stood by the door that leads to backstage, the surprised man moved aside and he almost fell on his knees, his teary eyes saw Minho standing in front of the bouncer holding a VIP card, he was the first one to arrive, few of his fans were making their way too, he got a backstage passing.

Taemin threw himself toward the older, two strong arms wrapped around his waist and held him tightly as he spun him, he buried his head at the crook of Minho's neck and inhaled, sweet scent washed his nostrils making him feel relieved, he was still here.         

~ ~ ~ ~ ~      

"You can wait here" Jonghyun said, he walked him here so he could wait for Taemin while he met his fans backstage.

Minho just thanked him politely and went to sit on the small sofa, it was one big fancy dressing room full with luxuries.

15 minutes later when the door shut he turned to see Taemin leaning against it, he got to his feet so fast and closed the remained distance between them- pinning the boy to the door while he crushed his lips over his with hunger, he wanted to do it when Taemin jumped into his arms after the concert but his manager separated them before anyone could ask questions about the idol's uality.

Before their lips could separate Taemin arched his arms around his neck and drew him closer to his body, soft moan escaped his mouth and muffled into their kiss, his lungs burned with need for air but he wasn’t ready to let go yet.

Minho slid his arms underneath the boy's thighs and pulled him up, Taemin's back leaned against the door as he crossed his legs around his waist locking him against his body, he carried him to the sofa and hovered above him, their lips separated and they looked deeply into each other's eyes panting harshly, non of them want to let go of the other.

Taemin angled his head and caught Minho's lips, this time the kiss was slow and gentle "Mianhaeyo" he mumbled into their lips "for…ig-noring…your…mmm"

Minho invaded the boy's mouth and his lips softly, tasting his sweetness "I couldn’t…stop th-inking a…about yo-u"

Warm hand slid underneath Taemin's sweaty shirt, he was still wearing his stage clothing and probably was stinky but Minho's touch made him forget everything, he wanted to feel more, and he wanted that man more than everything, so that's why he placed his hands on his chest and pulled his lips away.

Minho was a little confused but when he looked into Taemin's eyes he knew why the boy have done it "we need to talk aren’t we?"

Taemin hummed, his hands were still on Minho's chest, his fingers played with the collar of his shirt, he couldn't straight his gaze at him.

The older in a deep breath before he said simply "I want you"

"We can't"

"I want to be with you"

"We can't"

"Why not?!"

"It won't work"

"Are you still mad at me? Is that it?"

"Min-"

"What can I do to make you forgive me?"

"I'm not mad at you anymore" Taemin confessed.

"So why?"  

"I…can't sabotage my career now, exposing my uality, Jonghyun would kill me-"

"I don’t mind hiding it with you"

"Minho, I'm on the roads a lot and-"

"If you're trying to find an excuse at least find a good one"

"I used your sister and dumped her" his voice cracked "and…I don’t deserve you…"

Heavy silent lingered between them, Minho straightened his body and sat, Taemin did the same.

"I can't sorry enough, Sulli is sweet and kind and I hurt her…I can't date her brother"

"She'll understand…" Minho said after a long moment "I want to be with you Taemin, tell me you don’t want to be with me and I'll let go but if you want to be with me too-"

"I want" Taemin cut him.

"Give it a chance…"

"And what about…Sulli?"

"She has a new boyfriend, it won't bother her…just give it a try"

Taemin sighed and leaned to kiss Minho's lips "it's going to be the most stupid thing I ever done, isn’t it?"

Minho's lips curled in a small smile, he watched as Taemin got up from the sofa and sat on top of him before he cupped his cheeks in his palms and drew him for a kiss. The younger's fingers slowly ed his blouse exposing him, his hands touched his warm skin as his little moved on his crotch unconsciously, their tongues mingled in a slow rhythm, Minho reached his hands to undress the boy from his shirt, separating their lips only for a brief moment, Taemin's sweaty skin glued to his body when he arched his arm around his waist and pulled him closer as possible, he was getting hard by the boy restlessness.

Taemin's tight jeans were getting even tighter when the older slid his mouth down to his neck "god…" he panted and reached one hand in between them to his jeans easing on his trapped before he did the same on Minho's jeans.

The older groaned and bitten the soft salty flesh of his neck making him shiver with pleasure, he slid his hand into his boxers and pulled his out "Minho…ahh…" Taemin tried to focus himself "I…I don’t have any condoms here…"

The declaration hadn’t stopped the older from kissing and touching him, he angled his head and his earlobe into his mouth before he mumbled "I can pleasure you in many other ways"

Taemin looked at Minho when he leaned back on the sofa and pulled his own erected out of his jeans, shivers went through his spine when he fisted them both in his hand and up and down, loud moan rumble through his throat and he leaned his forehead against him, his hands held his shoulders tightly as he shut his eyes and let pleasure ripple his body.

Minho tightened his fist and added more pressure, squeezing the tip of the heads with every , the boy moved his hips pushing against his palm, begging him with a needy voice to go faster. Feeling his built at the pit of his stomach Minho increased his pace, his breath became harsh when the hot covered his hand and he came in a soft groan. Taemin dug his fingers into his shoulders, the made Minho's touch smoother, he kept them together- taking him to the edge, he bitten his lip trying to muffle his moan when his hit him hard.

Exhausted smile crossed the younger's lips and he fumbled for Minho's lips with a soft kiss, the door to the dressing room opened and Jonghyun peeped his head in making them separate "we're leaving in 10 minutes, get ready" the manager didn’t seems to be embarrassed when he glanced at the two, Minho however was, he was looking for tissue to clean himself while Taemin just nodded his head and waited for Jonghyun to close the door behind him.

Shrugging apologetically he lifted his and pulled his jeans up before he got up from Minho's lap, the older did the same and stood in front of him, pulling him into his arms, embracing him. Leaning his head on Minho's shoulder he closed his eyes and let the warmth of his touch wash him "I should go…" he mumbled into his ear, his deep voice tickled him.

Humming he lifted his head to look into his eyes "I'll call later, I promise"

Minho smiled softly and nodded, he kissed his lips one last time before he left him alone in the dressing room.