chapter 15

Payback

  

 

"How is Sulli?"

"Beautiful…"

"And Suho?"

"Really handsome"

"Are you having fun?"

"Not without you…"

"I'm sorry"

"It's ok" Minho said and sipped from his champagne, the boy apologized for so many times, it was stupid to be disappointed at him, after all his career came first and he knew it, his sister's wedding could wait but an interview in a variety shows couldn’t. Besides he was the one who told the boy that if he doesn't want to come to the wedding he doesn't have to- right? Right. He knew Taemin would rather be in an interview than dealing with his sister and couldn’t blame him.  

"Go have some fun" was all Taemin said before they hung up the call.

Minho got himself another drink and the stool to look at the dance floor, he sat at the bar almost the entire evening. His sister and her husband danced to the sounds of a romantic song, surrounded by friends and family who joined them in their special moment.

"Excuse me…" familiar voice caught his attention and he turned to see his lover standing by his side with a soft smile on his face "can I have this dance?"

Minho's eyes widened and he practically jumped from his seat "TAE!" he called and hugged the boy spinning him around "what...?" confused he crushed his lips over his.

Taemin giggled like a school girl when their lips separated and arched his arms around his neck.

"What are you doing here?"

"I came to dance with my lover"

"I thought you had an interview"

"I had, I drove like crazy"

Minho shook his head in disbelief "you're a little…" his words drifted when the boy smiled angelically at him.

"So, can I have this dance or should I go and find myself another man to dance with"

Letting go of Taemin he held his hand and they made their way to the dancefloor, Minho's parents smiled when they saw them together and waved, the younger bowed his head as he let his lover take him in his arms.

"You look beautiful like that" Minho said as they moved gracefully.

The boy looked down at his tuxedo, because of his lack of time he got dressed in the car and hoped he looked fine "Komawo…" he mumbled sheepishly and before he could replied in a complement Minho's mother snatched him from his arms.

Minho haven't stayed alone for long, his sister replaced Taemin's place "Oppa…dance with me" she said with a smile and waved at Taemin.

He glanced at his lover and back at his sister "are you two are fine now?"

"Nae…we talked things through few days ago"

"You did?" he asked surprised.

"Hmm. Taemin Oppa called me"

"He hasn't told me anything…"

Jinri shrugged "he really loves you, he asked me to forgive him because he knew it would mean a lot to you, he said that if I don’t want then he won't show up here but he really wants my forgiveness. It made me realized how stupid of me to be mad, I should be happy because if he wasn’t tricking me you two would never be together and…I would have never met Suho"

Minho smiled, Taemin really did that?

"You two are beautiful couple" Jinri continued "and I'm glad you're together, it doesn't matter how you did"

"I love you…" he said and kissed his sister's cheek "and I think your husband is waiting for you" smiling he glanced at Suho who was getting closer to them, they switched places and Minho made his way back to his lover who apparently exhausted his mother by dancing.

"I'm getting old" Mrs. Choi said and tapped Taemin's shoulder before she went from the dance floor to sit by her husband's side.

Minho chuckled and took the boy in his arms once again this evening "you made my Umma tired"

"I did my best" Taemin said with a smirk, well- when it came to dancing he was never tired.

Minho tapped a kiss on the boy's lips "have I ever told you how much I love you?"

"Stop being so cheesy"

"I'm serious…Jinri told me you two talked, Komawo"

Taemin smiled softly and glanced at Jinri, she was in her own little world wrapped by Suho's protective arms.

"She's really beautiful tonight, almost angelic in her white dress"

"Oh baby, you'd be beautiful too in a white dress…" the younger teased.

"Tae…"

"Ok ok, white tuxedo"

Raising a brow Minho looked down at his young lover "Lee Taemin…"

Taemin giggled "would you marry me if I'll ever propose to you?"

"I don’t know" it was Minho's time to tease.

"Ya! You should say 'yes' without even thinking, I'm quite a catch you know!"

"Let's talk about it…next month, after you'll win the 'melon music award' and we'll have time for ourselves for a change"

"Why would you think I'll win?"

"I don’t think, I know. You worked really hard, I have no doubts"

"So, after that we'll get married?"

The music changed, Minho shrugged as he let go of him and matched his steps to the rhythm.

"Ya…Minho!" Taemin called over the music but his lover just smiled and kept dancing.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~  

"AHHH!!!" Taemin screamed and sat on the edge of the bed frustrated, he dropped his tie to the floor and shut his eyes trying to calm, soft hands his thighs and he opened his eyes to see his lover kneeling in front of him.

"I know you're nervous" Minho said and reached his hands to lift the tie, he placed it around the boy's neck and started to tie it.

"I don’t want to go"

"Don’t be silly" Minho said with a soft smile.

"I won't win anyway…"

 "Of course you will"

"Stop being so cheerily"  

"I'm aloud to be cheerily, not everyday my lover is getting a music award"

Taemin rolled his eyes and Minho got back to his feet, the tie was in it place making the younger look honorable.

Pressing his fingers underneath Taemin's chin Minho pressed his lips against him "put your shoes on and let's go so we won't be late"

"I don’t want to go…"

"TAE…"

 

Minho held Taemin's hand through the whole ride, the boy was extremely quiet, deep in his own thoughts. It hadn't changed when they walked on the red carpet and tons of flashes hit their faces, photographers were all around but Taemin was oblivious, he was holding his lover's hand in a deadly grip as they walked into the hall.

"Calm down…" Minho whispered at him through the performances, Taemin nodded and forced a smile on his face, he leaned his head on his shoulder and the older tapped a kiss on his forehead.

When the host started to read the list of nominees for the best singer of the year Taemin could barely breathe.

"And the winner is..."

Silent held the crowd, everyone waited to hear the winner's name, Taemin's heart pounded wildly in his chest, even Minho that until now was calm became nervous, from the corner of his eyes Taemin saw Jonghyun crossing his fingers- he looked nervous even more than them.

"And the winner is… LEE TAEMIN!"

The crowd roared, Minho jumped over his lover and hugged him tightly, the boy was still a little shocked, his vision blurred and he couldn’t move- he won, he really won!

Raising his head to look at Minho he saw huge smile hung on his face, he reached his hand to wipe his eyes, he was crying? He hasn't even noticed. Arching his arms around Minho's neck he pulled him to his lips and for a moment everything around them disappeared, it was just the two of them. Even though Taemin 'came out' when he and Minho became serious with each other they never showed any kind of affection in public, his manager asked him to keep it low so they won't make any scandals and rumors but tonight he didn’t care if there were cameras and people around them, he wanted to kiss and to be kissed by the older, share his happiness with him.

But their kiss interrupted by Jonghyun who urged him to go on the stage to get his prize.

"I love you!" he called with a smile as his manager dragged him and ran toward the stage.

Shaking his hand with the host Taemin took the little trophy, he got closer to the mike and eyed the huge hall, he found Minho's smiling face with no time.

"Ahh…wow…I would like to thank…" he panted the words excitedly "first I would like to thank Jonghyun hyung, the best manager I could ever ask for, thank you for everything you ever done for me. My dear fans I love you all, please keep supporting me.

Umma, Appa, Victoria Noona, I love you all, I'm so lucky to have people that pushing me to do the things that I like, thank you for standing by my side through the hard times, giving me a shoulder to cry on" he paused when the crowd applaud, taking few harsh breaths "last but not least- MINHO, my love, I can't thank you enough for all you ever done for me, I love you. Oh yeah… and I'm still waiting for an answer"

The crowd roared and Taemin bowed, Jonghyun waited for him as he made his way down stage "I'm proud of you"

"Thank you hyung" Taemin said and gave him a big hug.

"You have to get dress before your interviews"

The idol made a face, he forgot about all that came along with the winning, he wanted to go back to his lover but followed Jonghyun backstage.

When he opened the door to the dressing room, huge smile crossed his face "MINHO" he called and shut the door behind him, luckily the older hasn’t fell when he threw himself into his arms.

"I'm so proud of you, baby!" Minho said and hugged him tightly, he buried his head at the crook of Taemin's neck and rocked him in his arms slowly from side to side.

The younger locked his arms around his neck and let tears of happiness drip down on his cheeks "I won…" he mumbled.

"I told you, you worked so hard, you deserve it" Minho said and raised his gaze at him, he wiped away his tears and tapped kisses all over his face making him giggle before he pressed their lips together with passionate kiss.

When their lips separated Minho let go of him and took a step back, he cupped the boy's cheeks, he looked deeply into his teary eyes and smile, Taemin placed his hands on his wrists soft circles on it and angled his head for another kiss but his lover let go and reached his hand for his pocket.

Gasping Taemin looked at the little box he took out "Tae…" he said quietly as he opened it, two silver rings sparkled in it, the boy reached his hand and pulled one ring out, it was small, simple and beautiful just like their love "this is my answer"

Taemin's breath shook as he got on his knees and looked up at his lover "Minho, would you marry me?"

 

 


 

 
AHHH! it's over - can you believe that?!
anyway, I really hope that you like it, you can tell me how much at the comments section , I like reading it.  
see you on my next 2min (safe shore) ^^