chapter 11

Payback

  

   

 

 

 

"What do you mean you're at your parents' house?" Jonghyun's voice went so high it hurt his ear "do you even remember you have to perform in two days?"  

"Nae" Taemin said into the line and cradled the phone at the crook of his shoulder.

"Taemin, you have to work hard, a new song is coming out and-"  

"I'll be back on time don’t worry" he said cutting him off "I promise…"

"Taemin-"

"Hyung, please" Taemin said desperately, he knew there were a lot of things to do before his performance but he needed to clear his mind.

His manager sighed "fine…"

"Komawo. By the way, I need a favor, can you arrange two VIP tickets?"

Jonghyun hummed as an answer and memorized the addresses that have been given by the idol before he hung up the call.  

"Well?" Key asked as Jonghyun placed his phone on the dresser, he turned to look at his P/A and smiled softly, leaning he tapped a kiss on his bow shaped lips before he pulled his body closer to him.

"He'll be back on time, he promised"

Key eyed him for a moment, Jonghyun's smile melted his bones, tickled his body, made him want to be touched by him again and again and again, apparently two s weren’t enough. He leaned his head on Jonghyun's bare chest and brushed his fingertips on his erected s softly "you really care for him…I mean-"

Two fingers placed underneath Key's chin and soft lips pressed against him making him shut "I'm his manager, it's my job"

Was his job to his workers too? The younger asked in his heart, heavy silent lingered between them for a long moment before Jonghyun shifted to look down at him. 

"…what's wrong?"

Key shrugged and sat, he lowered his feet to the floor and was about to get up from the bed when Jonghyun's soft lips pressed against his nape, his tongue it slowly as his arms wrapped around his waist tugging him to his toned abdomen " buddies…that's all it is with Taemin, besides business"

"And I?" was it stupid to ask? They went on a date and it ended up in Jonghyun's apartment few hours later, should he be ashamed of his self control?

"You're not" was all Jonghyun said before he spun the younger and stuck their lips together in hot melting kiss, making him squirm and whimper with need.

 

 

"Here you go" Victoria said and placed hot cocoa in front of Taemin, he placed the phone back in his pocket and grin stupidly, the housekeeper always knew how to make him feel better.

"I'm not a child anymore" he said and sipped from the hot beverage.

"So? Everybody loves hot cocoa"

"Komawo Noona"

"Now…what's wrong?" she asked and leaned on the kitchen island waiting for him to talk his heart out.

Taemin leaned closer to her like he was telling a secret, even though they were alone in the big house "do you remember Minho?"

She made a face, trying to remember who he was, maybe some guy he used to date, not once he used to tell her about his dates, actually she was the only one he ever told her about it, his parents were still a little sensitive about his coming out.

"…the boy that used to bully me" he said when she thought about it for too long.

"Oh! Yes…what about him?"

"I'm dating his sister-"

"Sister?" Victoria cut him off surprised.  

"- I'm still gay, don’t worry"

"Sorry, I was just…go on"

"Anyway, I'm using his sister to get to him, but I'm…having sort of weird feelings…to him and…it's confusing me, I want to hurt him Noona, but it's…ah!!! It's making me so ing-"

"Taemin-ah" Victoria placed her hand on his making him shut, her voice was soft as she looked deeply into his teary with frustration eyes "there are things that you should leave in the past, no matter how much it hurt you. Don’t become the bully you hated so much, you're hurting yourself, him and his sister that have nothing to do with the past"

"I slept with him, I thought using him would satisfied my anger but it just made me confused"

"Sweetie, don’t play with people"

Taemin sighed, tears escaped his guard and he wiped it quickly, the housekeeper circled the kitchen island and wrapped her arms around him with a warm hug.

"I feel lost…" he mumbled quietly, Victoria haven’t said anything, he knew exactly what he needed to do without her help, he just needed some comfort.

For a long moment he held her tightly, he let go only when the front door opened and his parents walked into the house. His problems forgotten for the night, he was surrounded by the people who loved him.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~  

Taemin walked into the agency to find his manager leaning on the reception counter, dazzled by the P/A who talked quietly to his ears only, they were in their own little world, smiling to each other, sharing something pure. It made him smile, at least he done one thing right.

"Good morning…"

Both Jonghyun and Key turned to look at him, Key blushed for being caught flirting with the manager while Jonghyun smiled with relief, Taemin came back as he promised.

In no time he was at the hands of the coordi noonas, they fit his clothing and dyed his hair and in few hours he was out along with his manager toward the hall for his performance.

 

 

The crowd roared his name, balloons and sticks light were all around, excitement rushed in his veins, from backstage he looked for two familiar faces but hasn't seen anything, there were too many faces. Jonghyun's hand touched his shoulder reminded him that soon he'll be up on the stage and he should focus.    

 

 

Jinri walked into the hall holding a little stick light with her boyfriend's name on it, she felt like a fangirl but couldn’t hold her excitement over Taemin's performance, just like the first time she saw him on stage. The day before she received a call from his agency, a nice guy told her that Taemin saved a VIP ticket for her, she giggled and thanked him as he gave her the details.

So now when she saw her brother sitting next to her own seat her eyes bulged "Oppa!" she called making him turn "what are you doing here?"

Minho looked at his sister with the same surprised reaction "Taemin sent me a ticket"

"He hasn't told me anything…"

Before Minho could answer the lights went off and one spot light exposed Taemin.

The crowd roared excitedly, the music played in slow toxic vibe, the idol moved his body gracefully, few dancers were around him in the shadows, he was wearing all white- perfect contrast to his back hair.

Minho's heart sunk in his chest, he couldn’t breathe, the rush of blood in his ears made him deaf to the screaming fans around him, in front of his eyes he saw only one thing- his first love and it was Taemin, the little boy from third grade that one day disappeared from his life.

 

 

Jinri pulled her brother backstage, the other performers weren’t interesting as her boyfriend, after the bouncer let them in Taemin met them half way, he noticed the way Minho eyed him when Jinri jumped over him with a big hug.

"You were amazing!" she called and kissed his cheek loudly "and I love it!" she said as she touched his old brand new hair.

Taemin chuckled and placed a soft kiss on her lips, from the corner of his eye he saw the way Minho flinched.     

"Isn’t he beautiful?" Jinri asked and turned to her brother who barely nodded his head.

"Come on, let's go…I'll take you" Taemin said placing his hand on her lower back.  

"I can take her" it was the first time Minho spoke.

"Nae, maybe he should" Jinri said "you must be tired"

"But we have a date…"

"We do?"

Taemin smirked "Nae…one big chocolate cake and hot cappuccino is waiting for us. Minho, want to join us?"

"Aniyo…it's ok, you two have fun" the older said, he kissed his little sister goodbye and nodded his head toward Taemin before he walked away.

Taemin watched him while Jinri blabbered about his performance he couldn't hear her over his thoughts about her brother.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Do you…want to come in?" Jinri asked as she played with the collar of his tee, they were in his car and was already late but she didn’t care "I'm…alone at home and I thought…maybe…" she let her words lingered.

Taemin looked at her amused "Sulli, are you inviting me to your room?"

"Maybe" she said giggling.

"Naughty girl" he said as he shut the engine.

Jinri smiled and got out of his car, Taemin followed her as she made her way toward the front door.

Inside the house Jinri pulled Taemin to her room, they kissed on their way up to the second floor, tongues mingled as they went through the dark corridors, she let out a soft moan when Taemin wrapped his arms around her waist and carried her into the room.

"Oppa…wait…" she mumbled into the kiss, Taemin pulled away and looked at her with questioning eyes "let me change into something…more comfortable"

Taemin smiled softly and pecked her lips, freeing her he watched her disappear in the bathroom.

Never before he felt so angry with himself, he wasn’t going to sleep with Jinri that’s for sure, he was going to breakup with her tonight but stupidly he had no idea how to do it. Walking out of her room he was about to go and knock on the bathroom door, telling her he's sorry and it can't go on, however the room next to the bathroom with the slightly open door caught his attention.

Walking into the room he looked around, it was a little dark but he could see he was probably in Minho's old room, a bed and study desk were the only furnitures around, no one slept in this room for awhile. On the desk Taemin saw something he knew, he got closer to find a yearbook.

Shaking hands reached the book and opened it, tears filled Taemin's eyes and his heart pounded fast, he recognized it- he had one at home. Flipping the pages he looked for his photos but there was nothing there, some ripped the pages.

"Oppa?" Jinri's voice scared him, the book fell from his hands and he hurried to pick it up from the floor and place it back on the desk.

"Mianhaeyo, I shouldn't be here…" he said and turned to face her, he gulped as she walked into the room wearing a small negligee.

"Minho's old room" she said smiling as she held his hand and pulled him to her body, glancing at the desk she frowned "guess he's been here few days ago, it's doesn't belong here"

Taemin looked at the yearbook before he turned his gaze back at her.

"He's probably being nostalgic again, I always tells him that his first love changed since he was on fifth grade, he think we don’t know that deep in his heart he hopes to find him, even Jinki knew that, I cant help but wonder if this is why they broke up"

Taemin made a face but before he managed to say anything Jinri shook her head and arched her arms around his neck, her lips fumbled his with a soft kiss, her body rubbed against him gently, he arched his arms around her waist and carried her back to her room, she moaned softly when he helped her sit on the bed but instead of sitting next to her he kneeled by the bed and took her hands in his.

"Sulli…" he mumbled quietly, his voice trembled.

The girl frowned, she pulled her hands from him trying to cover her body unsuccessfully, somehow she felt that what he was about to say wasn't going to be nice.

Taemin's hands cupped her thighs gently and "I'm really sorry but I can't keep going on like that"

"Oppa…" Jinri's voice cracked "what are you talking about"

"I think we should breakup"

"What? Why?"

"I really like you, you're a nice girl but I can't use you" he said referring to the fact she was sitting half in front of him "soon I'll be out on the roads a lot and won't have the time to be with you, I don’t want to break your heart every time I won't be able to come for special occasions, I'll have rumors about affairs and fans would ruin your privacy when they'll find you’re my girlfriend"

"But Oppa…" tears filled her eyes, slowly dripping on her cheeks.

"Please don’t cry" he said softly and reached his hand to wipe her tears "you have to understand... I'm doing it for your own good, you deserve someone else and as much as it hurts me, I know it's not me"

She barely nodded her head, he got to his feet and cupped her cheeks, kissing her forehead he closed the door behind him. Before he got out of the house he walked into Minho's old room once again, taking the yearbook he left on the desk.