Roommate (Don't Hide)

Your Yoghurt

Lying on her bed, Yoona looked at the phone in her hand and chewed her lower lip nervously. The display was showing the latest conversation messages between her and one of the members—Yuri.

 

Unnie, where are you right now?
Sent at 20:20

 

I’m currently at the practice room.
Waeyo?
Received at 20:22

 

Can you sleep the night at your house?
Sent at 20:30

 

Eh? Why? Does Taeyeon already lock the door?
Received at 20:32

 

Ani…
So, can you?
Sent at 20:33

 

Then why did you ask me to go home?
Received at 20:35

 

Yoona, is there anything wrong?
Received at 20: 37

 

Yoona…
Received at 20:39

 

Yoona-yah, did I do something wrong?
Received at 20:41

 

Aniyo…
You didn’t do anything wrong, unnie.
I just want to be alone right now…
Sent at 20:45

 

Her doe eyes flickering to the phone’s clock, Yoona sighed weakly as it showed 21:00. Yuri hadn’t replied her last message, and she was worried that she might have hurt the older girl.

 

Just as she was about to type a new message, her phone beeped.

 

You want to be alone… to this extent?
Yah, Im Yoona.
Do you really want me to believe this?
Received at 21:02

 

Her thumb paused its movement. Yoona stared at Yuri’s reply and blinked. Is she… mad at me? Yoona frowned. Her mind fumbled over as she tried to formulate a response. What should I say… to make her believe me without being angry?

 

Before she could type her reply, the phone beeped once again.

 

Yoona, I’m going to the dorm.
Received at 21:05

 

Omo. Yoona inhaled sharply as her eyes widened from reading the last reply. What should I do now?

 

 

~o;O:;o;:O;o~

 

 

Yuri toed out from her shoes and slipped them to the shoes’ rack, her bag hung loosely on her shoulder. Ruffling her hair and sighing, she turned around for a while to make sure that the door was already closed. It was after she confirmed the locked door that she finally walked away.

 

She arrived at the living room, seeing Seohyun huddled on the couch, watching Sgt. Keroro with a sleepy Hyoyeon on her side. The former noticed her arrival and smiled at her.

 

“Hi, Yuri unnie!”

 

“Hi, Seohyun,” she smiled back. Upon hearing the exchange, Hyoyeon turned her sleepy eyes on the tanned girl and did a silent ‘yo’ with her hand, to which Yuri responded with an acknowledging grin.

 

Seohyun had turned her attention back to the TV, and usually Yuri knew enough not to bother the maknae when it came to Sgt. Keroro.

 

But she just really had to ask one thing today.

 

“Um, Seohyun-ah… have you seen Yoona today? Did she come out of the dorm at all?”

 

Seohyun turned to her once again and blinked.

 

“I only saw her at lunch and dinner, unnie… she then went straight to your room, I think?”

 

Yuri frowned, her brain mentally erased the lines ‘she hides a guy in our room and doesn’t want me to discover it’ and ‘she isn’t in the dorm but accidentally locks our room and brings the key away with her’.

 

“Okay then…”

 

She bid the two a goodnight and left the living room, pondering over the still existed lines.

 

 

~o;O:;o;:O;o~

 

 

Yoona looked at the still closed door nervously.

 

Calm down, Yoona.

 

She closed her eyes and tried to sleep.

 

The silence usually soothed her, but this time it was gnawing.

 

She opened her eyes and her gaze traveled towards the door again.

 

Calm down, Yoona.

 

She breathed deeply.

 

Calm—

 

The silence was broken at the sound of the door’s knob being turned over.

 

Click. Click. Click.

 

Yoona gulped. The turning began to sound more frequent and the doe-eyed girl knew that the person on the other side was beginning to feel frustrated.

 

And then there came the knocks.

 

Knock. Knock.

 

“Yoona?”

 

Knock. Knock. Knock.

 

She hid under the blanket, trying to block out the sounds. Maybe she will think that I’m not here and she’ll leave.

 

Knock. Knock. Knock.

 

“Yoona-yah, I know you’re in there. Open the door.”

 

Knock. Knock. Knock.

 

What does she mean she knows? Yoona swallowed.

 

The knocking sounds got louder.

 

“Yoona, open the door. I know you’re inside. Seohyun told me you’re not going anywhere at all.”

 

Oh maknae, your honesty stabs harder than sword sometimes.

 

 

~o;O:;o;:O;o~

 

 

On the other side of the door, Yuri was feeling more and more frustrated. It seemed like no matter how many she knocked the poor door, the answer would never come. Still, she kept on knocking. If Yoona would never open the door, then she would break the door by knocking endlessly.

 

What a grand target of life, Kwon Yuri.

 

Knock. Knock. Knock.

 

“Yoona, at least say something,” she said loudly. Of course the answer she got was a silence from the other side. Yuri bit her lower lips and knocked the door again.

 

“Yoona…”

 

She mentally blamed herself for not carrying her key with her. But she knew that Yoona had no schedule today, thus she didn’t feel a need to bring her key. Who knew she would be locked out like this…

 

“Yoona… answer me.”

 

The tanned girl was certain that her insides were turning and clenching in tight knots. Somehow after the hundredth or so knock, her knocking didn’t ask for the door to open anymore. Instead, her knocking began to ask for a response. Anything.

 

Sweats began forming on her forehead. Why does she lock the door on the first place? She gritted her teeth, kept knocking. She…

 

Did I do something wrong and she hates me now?

 

Her mind went back to her conversation with Taeyeon a week ago.

 

FLASHBACK

“What do you want to talk about, Yul?”

The group’s leader sat in front of her and looked at her with concern.

“I… want to talk about Yoona.”

“Your new roommate,” said Taeyeon, nodding. “What about her?”

“Well, I’m wondering if she has a habit I should know of…? Or any allergies, or a certain preference, or… or…”

Taeyeon blinked. “Hey. Breathe.”

Yuri inhaled deeply, although it did very little as she opened and another ramblings went on again. “I want you to tell me… anything, about her, really. I mean, you and Sooyoung were her former roommates, so I’m wondering if you have any advices…”

To Yuri’s surprise, the older girl chuckled.

“Yah… why are you so nervous? It’s not like you’re rooming with a President’s daughter. She’s your bandmate, Yuri-ah. It’s just Yoona.”

Yuri looked away. “It’s because it’s Yoona…” she mumbled softly.

Taeyeon’s chuckles died down at the gesture. “You…?”

Yuri only sighed.

However, her sigh was enough to get Taeyeon’s fullest attention.

“Ok, Serious Taeyeon is on your service right now… tell me.”

“Well, the thing is…” Yuri ran her fingers through her hair as frustration began to be evident on her face, “You know… how I had a problem with Yoona before? When we were still trainees…”

Taeyeon pondered over the question for almost a minute. “Ah, your fight?”

Yuri scowled. “It wasn’t big enough to be called a fight.”

It was the tanned girl’s automatic response every time someone referred to the problem as a fight. Taeyeon grinned, knowing the added meaning beneath the words said.

“Okay, it’s not a fight… What about it? You guys are over it, aren’t you?”

“Yeah, but we kind of stuck in the wary zone for long. We’ve been getting closer just lately…” Yuri’s eyes started to dart around nervously, “And now that we’re roommates, I just want to make sure… that I won’t do anything bad to drive her away and mess this up.”

When Taeyeon didn’t immediately respond, Yuri lifted her head and found the kid leader staring back at her with a wide smile. It was rather unnerving because Taeyeon had her hands clasped in front of her chest too, almost like she was praying.

“What’re you smiling about?” she asked when the leader kept doing the pose. “And what’s with your pose!”

“I’m having an internal spazz over your words,” replied Taeyeon, still beaming.

Yuri snorted and shoved Taeyeon’s clasped hands away. “You’re one weird leader, Taeyeon.”

“Every group’s leader is weird. That aside, okay, I will tell you all Yoona-ish information me and Sooyoung have gathered over our period of being roommates with her… come closer.”

And so they spent the night talking. The first thing Taeyeon mentioned was joined beds, and Yuri did it right away after they called the night off. She didn’t know what time Yoona came back, but she could see the younger girl’s reaction the morning after. Yoona’s eyes were sparkling as she told her a soft ‘thank you’, and she hoped that those doe eyes would never lose its spark because of her.

She hoped hard.

FLASHBACK ENDS

 

“What to do…”

 

Yuri looked at the closed door helplessly, her hand still mindlessly knocking.

 

“OHHHH…”

 

A lamp lighted up in her brain as she caught on an overlooked fact.

 

“Maybe Taeyeon or Sooyoung will have a spare key…”

 

After all, the room had had been used by three people. There had to be three keys…

 

Nodding to herself, Yuri turned around and walked off to find the two.

 

 

~o;O:;o;:O;o~

 

 

Shivering slightly, Yoona perked out from the comforter. The knocking sounds had faded. Has she given up…? She gazed towards the locked door and narrowed her eyes. Sighing, Yoona pulled the comforter until it covered . She looked up at the ceiling and let out another sigh.

 

I hope she doesn’t sleep on the couch… Tiffany unnie’s room will do. Or maybe SunYeon unnies…

 

A jingling sound from outside snapped her out from her thought.

 

WHAT.

 

Click. Click.

 

Krek…

 

OH. MY. GOD.

 

Yoona quickly shut her eyes and faked soft snores as light came through the opened door.

 

“Yoona?”

 

OMO. How does she open the door? Her key is on the table… don’t tell me she opens it thief-y style!?

 

She let Yoong-actress showed up as light footsteps were approaching her. She acted like her consciousness was out for good.

 

Thank God I don’t have a weird sleeping habit to reenact…

 

Honestly speaking. She wouldn’t succeed in fooling anyone if she was Taeyeon with her weird sleep talking, or Sunny with her alien-slash-puppy screeching habit.

 

“Aigoo… is she sleeping already…?”

 

How does she enter??? My key is with me and this room only has—oh… . Of course. Taeyeon unnie has another spare key...

 

She heard a chuckle, and Yoona felt her heartbeat quickened.

 

“What are you dreaming about, huh? All frowning like that…”

 

And then Yoona felt a finger pressing the furrow between her eyebrows, loosening her muscle.

 

Dugeun.

 

Dugeun.

 

Dugeun.

 

The fake-sleeping girl frantically tried to calm her heartbeat down before people across the globe could hear it.

 

She heard the other girl sighed. “I will ask you tomorrow then…”

 

Ask what?

 

“I hope you don’t hate me, Yoona…”

 

HATE?

 

If Yoona’s brain had a mouth, it would be forming an O out of confusion and shock. Hate was such a strong word. Even if it wasn't, it sounded so ugly to be in between Im Yoona and Kwon Yuri, no? So what could possibly make Yuri think…

 

“Night, Yoona.”

 

She felt the bed dipped slightly a moment before a pair of lips pressed on her forehead.

 

Yuri’s lips.

 

On her forehead.

 

&!^@*&^#!%ASDFGHJKLY00NABREATHE!

 

She held her over-giddy heart as the bed shifted back and footsteps were heard away from her. It was only after she heard the other girl settled on the other bed that she opened her eyes, feeling grateful of the darkness as she let out a big, shaky breath.

 

I must be blushing hard right now.

 

She pulled the comforter until it covered her face. She shut her eyes, trying to chant her mind to sleep.

 

I need to wake up very early to clean up everything.

 

 

~o;O:;o;:O;o~

 

 

Yuri remembered Yoona turning her back on her moments after she settled on her bed.

 

She remembered watching the other girl’s back for a while, wondering and pondering what’s wrong.

 

She remembered touching her own lips and thought about how Yoona’s forehead was a little bit warm.

 

She remembered closing her eyes and dozing off with Yoona’s beaming face on her mind.

 

What she didn’t remember was her rolling on her bed in her sleep. She rolled off to a totally wrong direction and instead of bumping into Yoona, she greeted the cold floor instead.

 

THUD.

 

“Ow,” the tanned girl groaned. Her eyes fluttered open blearily as pain surged from her back to her brain. “Oh God…”

 

She got up slowly and massaged her shoulders, wincing from the aftereffect of the fall. Unconsciously, her gaze wandered over to check on Yoona.

 

The girl was still sleeping, judging from the stillness that was Yoona under her blanket.

 

“How in the world did I manage to roll over?” grumbled Yuri to herself. “Ouch…”

 

She rose from the floor and scratched her neck before yawning widely. Blinking her eyes, she tried to spot the clock, but it was too dark to make out what time the clock was showing.

 

And suddenly, something bugged her.

 

It came from her lower body.

 

“Now?” she whispered sleepily. “Huh… I guess the time’s around 3 a.m. now, then…”

 

It had been her habit since she was a kid, to wake up around dawn to answer nature’s call (read: pee and poo). It was her body’s schedule, which would only be skipped only if she had been way too exhausted to get up. It was one of the methods for her to decide what time is it if she woke up in the middle of her sleep, too.

 

So like usual, Yuri padded her way to the bathroom, which located inside the room, thankfully. It made everything easier, although sometimes seeing Yoona came out straight from the bathroom with wet hair could be so distracting…

 

Yuri’s eyes widened. Omo Kwon Yuri what are you thinking?? She slapped her cheeks repeatedly. Focus. You’re thinking weird because you’re sleepy.

 

Arriving in front of the bathroom, she reached over the door’s knob and turned it open.

 

Click.

 

Pushing it slowly, she prepared to walk in. But a nauseating smell immediately greeted her nose, and her steps halted. Eyes opened even wider than before, Yuri clamped a hand over her nose and took a step back.

 

It’s smelly!

 

But it wasn’t poop-level smelly. It was…

 

Yuri took in the view in front of her with difficulty, and a shock washed over her.

 

There was trace of vomit splattered all over the bathroom’s tiles. Yellowish, brownish, mixed in one. There were white from rice and green from vegetables too, and Yuri winced at the amount.

 

Is this…

 

She glanced over her shoulder to the sleeping girl on their joined bed.

 

Yoona?

 

Yuri grimaced. It felt like something knocked her breath out of her lungs for a while. Gulping, she turned her attention back to the splattering and smelly mess in front of her.

 

Can you sleep the night at your house?

 

Yoona’s messages began to flood her mind, and in the middle of the silence, Yuri sighed softly to nothingness.

 

“Silly girl…”

 

 

~o;O:;o;:O;o~

 

 

Im Yoona could tolerate weirdness in so many levels, but to be honest, her dream this time was so very weird in every aspects possible.

 

At first, as Yoona drifted off to sleep, she remembered entering a world where Sunny was an owl, Seohyun spoke in French, Jessica loved History of Magic because it was basically a nap time for her, and Sooyoung fought off dementors with a freaking frying pan. Taeyeon and Hyoyeon were crazy twins who liked to plan other people’s doom while Tiffany proposed a Pink Club to Professor McGonagall. While Im Yoona… she met Yuri inside the Great Hall with some kind of tension between them, cool breeze waved past them every now and then, making both of them shiver under the enchanted ceiling.

 

Then in the middle of her dream, Sunny suddenly morphed into a mermaid. Sooyoung used her frying pan to fry a particle of Kronos she claimed to find in her laundry basket. Seohyun and Hyoyeon built a flower shop and kept Sunny in a big aquarium, while the other unnies were the regular visitors of the lovely shop whose request was only ‘hot chocolate, please, with three ice cubes for Jessica’s’. This time around, she found herself standing outside the flower shop everyday, and Yuri would come, but never quite stepping into the flower shop. The older girl only stared from outside with a kind of sad gaze, and after a while, she would turn to Yoona, offering a soft smile that coaxed her to smile too, before releasing her scarf and quietly putting it around the younger girl’s neck, making Yoona blushed.

 

It was warm. Very warm.

 

And no matter how Yoona wished it to stay that way, the scene dissolved again. She opened her eyes and found herself standing on a studio. From the glass separating the studio into several spaces, she saw Taeyeon speaking to a microphone excitedly while wearing a minion’s costume. On the other side, Sooyoung and Jessica were speaking to their listeners animatedly too. She knew right away; they were radio DJs. She looked over the non-glass wall and saw the on-air schedule. She noticed her name on the afternoon shift, while Yuri’s was on three a.m. She raised her brows, about to question the older girl’s shift, but someone came in, and she felt a tap in her shoulder, and she turned around to find Yuri grinning at her. “Hey Miss Popular,” Yuri greeted her, and she cocked her brows, and Yuri told her that her on-air rating were the highest this week. Again. She felt forming an O, and Yuri’s grin turned into a shy smile as she stuttered several words Yoona couldn’t hear properly. She asked what it was she said, and Yuri softly repeated, “Would you hear me DJ-ing on my shift? And uhhh maybe grab an early breakfast together?” She gaped, and Yuri’s shy smile gradually flattened into a tight smile. She was about to say yes or anything to make Yuri’s grin appear again but before she could suddenly the studio went through a blackout, and her forehead felt like it was splashed with water.

 

So random, her right brain commented.

 

Right? Who in their right mind would have a train of dream as random as that? The probability is like one to a million, her left brain replied.

 

But my forehead does feel like it’s wet, though, her right brain pointed out.

 

Never believe on feeling, lectured the left brain. Let’s check it out.

 

And so Im Yoona’s eyes fluttered open. The first thing she noticed was the darkness. The second thing she felt was the damp towel in her forehead.

 

Eyes widened, Yoona quickly sat up from her lying position.

 

Oh damn, Boss, bad reaction up here… Yoona shut her eyes tightly as a wave of headache rushed to her head. Unconsciously, parted to let out a slight whimper.

 

“Mmm…”

 

Yoona quickly looked at the source of the voice that was so-not-hers. Another bad move as her head protested again. Her eyes adjusted to the darkness, and she gasped as she saw Yuri leaning against the wall just beside her. The tanned girl’s eyes began to flutter open, and Yoona felt a hundred questions rushed into her mind.

 

What is Yuri unnie doing here?

 

Why does she sleep by sitting? That’s so uncomfortable!

 

Why does she look so beautiful?

 

Oh my God Yoona, that’s so beside the point…

 

Why do I have a towel on my forehead?

 

OMO! DOES YURI UNNIE THE ONE WHO GIVES ME THIS TOWEL?

 

Yoona watched Yuri rubbed her eyes sleepily with a shocked expression she forgot to let go even until Yuri noticed her. It wasn’t clear from the darkness, but Yuri kind of smiled at her.

 

“Oh, you’re awake?” whispered Yuri. “Morning, silly girl…”

 

Recovering from her shock, Yoona felt her lips forming a pout. Silly girl? What’s she talking about. Hmmmphh…

 

She heard a chuckle, and she felt the bed shifted as Yuri rose up, making way to the wall, possibly to switch the lamp on. The towel fell from her forehead and Yoona stared at it blankly, until…

 

Her eyes widened.

 

 

~o;O:;o;:O;o~

 

 

“Oh, are you awake?” she whispered softly as she saw Yoona sat beside her, stiff like statue with a shocked expression on her face. Yuri smiled, “Morning, silly girl…”

 

Even in the darkness, Yuri could see Yoona’s adorable pout in response to her greetings. She chuckled to herself and rose up from the bed to switch the lamp on. Her legs were wobbly at first, but she quickly steadied herself before Yoona could notice anything.

 

Approaching the wall where the switch was located, Yuri flicked it on. That was when several noises were heard from behind. She turned around, to see Yoona jumped off their bed in panic and rushed towards the bathroom in a hurry.

 

Shaking her head to herself, Yuri sighed and decided to exit the room at that very moment.

 

The kitchen must be in need of help right now.

 

 

~o;O:;o;:O;o~

 

 

Yoona knew she was officially screwed the moment she found the bathroom perfectly clean from her artwork yesterday.

 

Yoona knew she was officially doomed the moment she came into the kitchen and Yuri excused herself to the backyard.

 

Yoona knew she was officially miserable the moment breakfast was ready and Yuri chose to sit beside her, yet she ignored her every attempt to talk.

 

I deserved it, Yoona told herself as she stabbed the chicken in front of her with a little too much force. But I don’t want her to do this to meee…

 

Despite of the others’ jokes and laughs, Yoona couldn’t help but feel alone. Alone and confused; her body reaction changed time to time. Yuri would slice the chicken’s drumstick and set it aside for her and her heart leapt so high, but then Yuri would respond with a shrug when she said thank you, and her heart crashed to the ground hard.

 

Sigh. It was so not easy to be Im Yoona.

 

She pushed the chicken around her plate, only biting on it when Tiffany or Sunny pointed that to her.

 

An owl and Pink Club’s pioneer, Yoona mentally thought. She snickered to herself.

 

She heard Yuri sigh beside her as Tiffany pointed yet again that she had been playing the chicken around for the nth time.

 

“Yoona, eat…” told Yuri, her fork moved to stab a slice of chicken from her plate. The older girl lifted it to her lips, her frown signaling Yoona to open and eat it obediently.

 

Instead, like a choding Yoona actually was, she pouted and shook her head.

 

Had it been Jessica, Yoona would be frozen over by a ton of icy glares. Taeyeon, Yoona would be met with eye-rolls. Hyoyeon, Yoona would be met with an even more forceful pout. Sunny, Yoona’s ears would be exploded from the following aegyo of an annoyed bunny. Sooyoung would just eat the piece of chicken herself. Tiffany would push the piece of chicken until it went into , while Seohyun would list all the reasons of why she should eat the chicken until Yoona agreed to eat, rather than died out of boredom.

 

But Yuri was a different species.

 

FLASHBACK

Sunny glared at her as Yoona hid the shorter girl’s gadget behind her back.

“YAH, GIVE ME BACK MY BABY!”

Yoona shook her head. “No. This is the only way you will notice and actually hear my questions, unnie!”

The angry bunny huffed. “GIVE. ME. BACK. MY. BABY!”

“Just two questions, ok?” asked Yoona with puppy eyes. “Pleaaase?”

“ONE!”

“Two.”

“ONE!”

“Twooooooooo!”

“One and a half.”

“How the hell do you ask one and a half question?” asked Yoona incredulously.

Sunny huffed. “Okay. Two. Ask.”

“Yay!” Yoona bounced on the couch and looked at the waiting girl seriously. “First question. Unnie… is there any habit of Yuri unnie I should know? From your experience of roommating with her…”

Sunny looked at her weirdly.

“Well let’s see… she wakes up around dawn to go to the bathroom. Always. And if she sticks out her tongue, it means she’s already sleep… and hmm… she’s considerate, I guess. She likes to make sure that her roommate sleeps well… and ah! She gets worried easily.”

Yoona exhaled sharply. “She’s like that towards you?”

Sunny grinned. “Yes, but I’m sure she will be even more easy to get worried over you. I mean, she’s like the only one who tolerates your aegyo…”

“Unnie!” Yoona gasped, “You’re no better than me!”

“That aside, I’m sure you’re asking this because you’re worried about being roommate with her, hmm? Don’t worry, Yuri is a good girl and she’s like…”

“I know she is a good girl,” mumbled Yoona. “And she’s like what?”

“Nuh-uh…” Sunny’s grin turned evil, “That’s your third question and we agreed on two.”

Yoona frowned, but she slapped the gadget back to Sunny’s hand. “You and your gadget, Unnie. I swear, you’ll be forever single or maybe married to your gadget if it’ll ever be legalized…”

She rose up from the couch, but Sunny called her before she could walk away.

“Yes?”

“Yuri’s like…” Sunny shrugged and smiled, “She… she treasures you very much.”

FLASHBACK ENDS

 

Yoona felt her inner-self grinning in triumph as she could see Yuri biting the inner side of , trying to hold back a smile.

 

“I don’t want to eat chicken~~” Yoona pushed her luck with her aegyo. The others on the table cringed, even Sooyoung stopped devouring the food for a while. But Yuri lost her control and her lips broke into an amused smile, turning the fireworks in Yoona’s brain off everywhere.

 

“What do you want to eat, then?” asked Yuri. “Want to drink my Ma instead?”

 

Yoona’s pout quickly turned agape, her eyes bulged out and her hands waved in front of her in panic. “No no no! Ahh, chicken is fine…”

 

Yuri’s smile turned into a smirk. “Say ah, then…”

 

“Aaah…”

 

Yuri fed her, and Yoona chewed the chicken while trying to focus on the chicken’s taste instead of her blushing state.

 

Yuri smiled in satisfaction and turned back to her own plate. “Now that you don’t have a problem with Mr. Chicken anymore, eat by yourself. Be healthy and stop making me worried…”

 

Yoona looked at the older girl, but Yuri had avoided her eyes again. Meanwhile, out of the corner of her eyes, she caught the sight of Taeyeon, Tiffany, Sunny and Sooyoung gazing at them with a wide smile, their hands clasped in front of their chest, almost like they were praying.

 

“Umm…” Yoona gulped down her chicken, “What’s up with your expression, unnies?”

 

“We’re having an internal spazz over your interactions,” explained Sooyoung, beaming so wide with the others’ excited nods following after.

 

 

~o;O:;o;:O;o~

 

 

Yuri was sitting on the bed with her back against the wall. She had finished breakfast quickly, and as today wasn’t her turn to wash the dishes, she went back to the bedroom. Truth was, her body felt a little bit tired… A LITTLE BIT YOU SAY... okay, maybe not a little bit but, yeah, tired. She felt tired from cleaning up the bathroom, and staying awake a little bit longer to compress Yoona’s forehead and re-wet the towel since the younger’s body temperature had been rising when she came back from the bathroom.

 

Now she felt like sleepiness started to take over her body again…

 

Her eyes were already so heavy when she heard a sound of the door being opened. She didn’t need to look to know who it was, and her guess was quickly confirmed when the joined beds was dipped to the other side shortly after.

 

“Unnie…”

 

She opened her eyes to see Yoona sitting beside her, not close enough for their skin to touch, but not too far that one of them could close the gap easily by scooting a little bit closer.

 

“Unnie…” called Yoona again.

 

Even as she closed her eyes, Yuri tried to keep a smile from breaking out of her face as she replied,

 

“Don’t talk to me yet, Yoona… I’m mad at you right now.”

 

 

~o;O:;o;:O;o~

 

 

Judging from her half-lidded eyes and her soft tone, Yoona knew that Yuri was sleepy and probably so very freaking tired. She almost didn’t have a heart to be a third wheel between Yuri and sleeping, but…

 

“Unnie,” called Yoona again.

 

She watched the older girl closed her eyes slowly.

 

“Don’t talk to me yet, Yoona… I’m mad at you right now.”

 

Yoona pouted.

 

And when her brain reminded her that Yuri’s eyes were closed, she pouted even harder. I know it… she mentally thought, she closes her eyes because she knows she will lose if she sees my pout. Hmmmph…

 

And then the doe-eyed girl sighed.

 

She slowly scooted closer to Yuri until her thigh was pressed against the older girl’s. She sneaked her hand around Yuri’s left arm and leaned her head onto the tanned girl’s shoulder.

 

She felt the muscles beneath her head stiffen, only to relax again a beat later.

 

“It’s okay if you are mad at me, Unnie,” whispered Yoona softly. “But… thank you. For cleaning up the bathroom. I wish I had woken up sooner so I could clean the mess up myself, but… yeah…”

 

Hearing no response from the tanned girl, Yoona reached to Yuri’s left hand’s fingers and played with them lightly.

 

“Thank you, too, for taking care of me this morning…”

 

She heard Yuri’s soft sigh, but she hadn’t done yet…

 

“Thank you for being care and worrying over me…”

 

“And Unnie?”

 

When Yuri replied with a short ‘hmm’, Yoona smiled and snuggled to the older girl’s neck…

 

“Do you think someone will let a person she’s mad at to lean onto her shoulder?”

 

 

~o;O:;o;:O;o~

 

 

“Thank you for being care and worrying over me…”

 

I can’t not do that, Yuri mentally said. That’s almost like the basic function installed in my brain. It comes out just that easily…

 

“And Unnie?”

 

“Hmm?” she replied this time, and she felt Yoona snuggled deeper to the crook of her neck, making her insides went several times warmer…

 

“Do you think someone will let a person she’s mad at to lean onto her shoulder?”

 

“Hey…” protested Yuri, and Yoona chuckled lightly as she pulled away from the older girl’s shoulder. Yuri frowned,

 

“Don’t chuckle… this is the furthest I can go to be mad at you, Yoona.”

 

Yoona’s chuckle died down, and a smile graced her lips. “Thank you, Unnie.”

 

Yuri supposed she could have stopped at that and let go of whatever she was feeling, but there was still something at the bottom of her stomach which felt unwell. Like something was unresolved, and it needed to be discussed…

 

Yuri sighed and ruffled her hair in frustration. “God… I really, really, dislike you, Yoona.”

 

She saw Yoona’s smile quickly disappeared, but she really needed to let it all out rather than having the same feeling again.

 

“I dislike how easily you make me think that you hate me or I do something wrong at you…”

 

“I dislike how you tend to pile up your problems by yourself…”

 

“I dislike how you always try to think of other people’s comfort and put theirs above yours…”

 

“I dislike how you are so hardworking to the point that you exhaust yourself…”

 

“I dislike how you told me to go to my house just so I wouldn’t discover that you vomited in our bathroom…”

 

“I dislike how you think it’s okay to hide all of this from me and make me feel like I’m just the same as every commoners in your life who only happens to pass by and—“

 

not significant enough for you to trust me and tell me what’s wrong.

 

Yuri barely caught herself before she spilled those words over. Instead, she sighed and looked away.

 

“And I… I dislike how you make it impossible for me to be properly mad at you because that’s just how angel you are!”

 

 

~o;O:;o;:O;o~

 

 

Yoona could feel her chest tightened as Yuri continued to list her ‘dislikes’, her tone sounded so sad and defeated.

 

“I dislike how you think it’s okay to hide all of this from me and make me feel I’m just the same as every commoners in your life who only happens to pass by and—“

 

That’s not true, Yoona whispered in her mind. Yuri looked like she was struggling to calm herself down, and in the end the older girl looked away.

 

“And I… I dislike how you make it impossible for me to be properly mad at you because that’s just how angel you are! I just… I know we have had a problem in the past, Yoona, but I just really wish… that you’d think of me as someone you can confide in, someone you can show your more human side to, someone you can believe in, someone... you can lean onto when you're tired of everything. I just wish I could be that someone you trust enough to know when you’re unwell, not someone insignificant enough for you to easily lie or—“

 

The hurt tone she detected in Yuri’s voice was all her heart needed to force her brain to command her body to launch at her. Yoona jumped into Yuri’s lap and looped her arms around the older girl’s neck, hugging her tightly, stopping Yuri from rambling further.

 

“I’m sorry, Unnie… I’m sorry…”

 

She didn’t know that her messages had caused Yuri to feel that way. All she had thought at the moment was that she didn’t want to be a burden, knowing that Yuri would discover the bathroom’s mess from her habit of waking up in the middle of her sleep.

 

All she had thought at the moment was that she didn’t want to make Yuri worried, or any members in that matter.

 

She heard Yuri sighed, and a pair of arms circled around her waist, hugging her back.

 

“I’m sorry for my messages last night, Unnie… I didn’t mean it that way… I’m sorry…”

 

She felt her cheeks getting wet, and she knew Yuri felt it too as her cheeks made contact with the tanned girl’s shoulder.

 

“Yah… silly girl, why are you crying?”

 

Yoona buried her face on the shoulder. “I just… I’m really sorry and… I never think that you’re just a commoner passing by on my life, Unnie… you’re… you’re a part of my life! A part of my life that I don’t want to let go so soon…”

 

She felt her hair getting gently by Yuri’s hand, and she tightened her hug.

 

“No, I’m—I’m sorry, Yoona…” sighed Yuri to her ear, “Forget it… I’m just being an .”

 

“Ani…” Yoona shook her head weakly and pulled away from the hug. Still sitting at the older girl’s lap, she wiped her tears with her palm and chuckled. “You’re right, Unnie… I’m wrong… I should’ve told you instead of making you think that I hate you…”

 

“Well, I just…” Yuri shrugged slightly and looked away, “If… if you don’t want to be taken care by me that much, I don’t have any say in it I guess… but I just wish that…”

 

“Silly unnie…” murmured Yoona, her hands reached out to cup Yuri’s face and turn it so that their eyes met.

 

“I like being in your care, Unnie…” she whispered. “Very much.”

 

 

~o;O:;o;:O;o~

 

 

“Silly unnie…”

 

Yuri wanted to scoff at the obvious plagiarism, but then a pair of warm hands cupped her face and turned it, forcing her eyes to meet the doe eyes.

 

And there went her heart, thumping irregularly from the simple stares.

 

Dugeun.

 

Dugeun.

 

Dugeun.

 

“I like being in your care, Unnie,” whispered Yoona softly, the smile never left her lips. “Very much…”

 

Yuri swallowed, her ears were acutely aware of the drumming heart inside her chest.

 

“Then don’t hide…” Yuri managed to say. “Don’t hide so I can know how you are… How you have been… What you are doing and what condition you are in. If you're in pain, if you're hurt, say it to me so I can be there for you...”

 

“But…” Yoona chewed on her lower lip nervously. “Won’t you think of me as a burden?”

 

“Say that to YoonAddicts and tell me how much disbelief stares you get.”

 

"Yah!" Yoona pouted fiercely. “Unnie~ I’m serious!”

 

“If I start to think of you as a burden, I will tell you,” said Yuri softly. “Although I think you’ll have to wait so long until it happens…”

 

“How long?”

 

“Maybe until ants are big enough to swallow a human in one try?”

 

That was Yuri’s way of saying ‘forever’, and somehow Yoona knew because her cheeks began to turn red, much to Yuri’s amusement.

 

“Catch me, Unnie,” said Yoona, causing Yuri’s smile to turn into a frown. She began to check the younger’s forehead, and cheeks, and neck…

 

“Why? Are you starting to feel sick again? Are you hurt anywhere?”

 

“Aniyo…” Yoona held Yuri’s hands and leaned towards the older girl, resting her head on Yuri’s comfortable shoulder. “Because I think I’m falling to you.”

 

Yuri laughed lightly, although she knew she was flushed red from the sudden words. “Oh my God, we’re too cheesy…”

 

“But you’re okay with it, right?”

 

“Okay with what?”

 

Yoona snuggled in, her hands released Yuri’s to wrap around the tanned girl’s waist.

 

“Me falling for you…”

 

“Mmmm…?” mumbled Yuri playfully as she closed her eyes. “Goodness, I’m so sleepy…”

 

“You’re not answering…”

 

“Yoona, don’t you have a filming today?”

 

“It’s not until this evening…” Yoona pulled out and pouted at her. “You’re avoiding my question, Unnie.”

 

Yuri only smiled and pulled Yoona towards her again.

 

“Sleep with me until lunch, okay?”

 

“But script practice—“

 

“Sleep with me…”

 

“My lines—“

 

“Please…?”

 

Yoona sighed and jabbed Yuri’s side with her fingers. “Fine… but not in this position, Unnie.”

 

Yuri smiled to herself as they rearranged their position, lying comfortably in bed with arms around each other.

 

She knew that later, Yoona would probably tell Sunny about this and Sunny would be all squealing, telling her that Yuri’s ‘okay’ in her request to sleep together was the answer to Yoona’s question.

 

Or maybe if Sunny wasn’t involved, Yoona would even get the explanation from Yuri herself.

 

But her eyes had started to feel really heavy for now, and with Yoona’s comforting warmth around her, Yuri just couldn’t resist the urge to sleep.

 

Yoona would know later.

 

For now, it was her secret.

 

Because, dude, Kwon Yuri is sneaky like that.

 

 

THE END


A/N: OMG dear readers I'm so sorry for not updating since ages ago T T College is killing me 'till the point that I fall sick (I'm getting well today tho keke). I'm sorry too if this oneshot is lame lol I based it on my experience yesterday where I vomited the whole lunch and dinner on my room while my roommate was away and I had to weakly clean it up all by myself XD Such sad scene. A moment of silence for those who ever undergone the same experience as me without a Kwon Yuri beside them to be all understanding and caring. Anyways, Sincerely, Heart will be updated sometime next week. There are currently two more plot bunnies in my care but I haven't yet completed them >.< just wait, okay? Thank you and sorry again for the long wait T T