Gravitate

Your Yoghurt

It was Monday. The dorm was silent when Yuri's eyes fluttered open, her hand naturally went to her side as she tried to grasp on her consciousness. Empty. She shifted to check on her side, opening wide as she yawned sleepily, but her eyes confirmed that the bed was indeed empty bar her and the pillows. Something fell from her forehead. Dry towel. Blinking, Yuri leaned back, puffing a bit, her sleepy part bribing her to swim back to sleep.

 

Why was she alone?

 

She closed her eyes and tried to think. Images and scenes flashed into her mind. Taeyeon towered over her, face full with worry—wait, since when did Taeyeon's height overcome hers? ...oh, right, since she was lying in the bed and Taeyeon was standing. And then Hyoyeon and Sooyoung, rushing into the room, carrying a bucket and a towel. Seohyun's voice scolding Yoona that she needed to focus studying. Jessica commenting about the joined beds. Yoona's yell for Tiffany to check on her iPad, saying that she saved an article about nursing someone's cold. And then Tiffany scolding Sunny to stop using Yoona's iPad to play Temple Run.

 

Yuri let out a soft hum as she remembered; yeah, she had been lying sick yesterday and the others had panicked because she was usually the last to fall sick among the nine. Chuckling softly as her brain gave her snippets of the chaos she witnessed in between her headache and shivers, she raised her hand to her forehead. It gave off a warm temperature, way better than yesterday when she felt like her body had constantly emanated heat. They succeeded, then, thought Yuri with a smile.

 

Slowly, she ignored the sleepy part of her and tried to sit. Her head had stopped whining, the imaginary marching band creating mess and headache yesterday had disappeared into thin air. She looked around the quiet room, frowning at the deafening silence. Absently, she reached for the pillow beside hers and hugged it tight. She buried her face in it and sniffed deeply, her eyes closed in contentment as Yoona's scent greeted her nose.

 

"She must be taking her exams right now," mumbled Yuri to herself. "I should be helping her study yesterday..."

 

Shaking her head, she let go of the Yoona's scented pillow and proceeded to get up from the bed. Rubbing her eyes and letting out another yawn, she walked to exit the room. Her stomach grumbled in agreement as her brain thought of kitchen. Making her way downstairs, the voice in her brain, or what she called YulOne, commented about how empty her hand was.

 

"Of course it's empty, there's no Yoona to hold," she said.

 

Another voice in her brain, or YulTwo, huffed at her comment. Stop thinking about Yoona, she's having her exam right now. What if your whine reaches her and her concentration breaks down?

 

Before YulOne could refute that question, a real human's voice entered her eardrums.

 

"There you are, Yul!"

 

Yuri blinked as a short figure swirled in front of her. Taeyeon appeared, waving a spoon in her left hand and a book in the other.

 

What a strange combination.

 

"Hi, Tae. Not going to Uni yet?" she said as Taeyeon checked her forehead.

 

"Nah, my exam is still two hours away. I'm cooking chicken porridge for you since Hyo can't; she has three exams today. Her lecturers have no soul, I tell you," said Taeyeon with a shudder. She turned back to a steaming bowl in the table and put the spoon in. Yuri followed her to pick a seat near the chicken porridge. Taeyeon looked at her,

 

"How do you feel today, anyway?"

 

"Better," said Yuri. "still exhausted, but better. Thanks."

 

Taeyeon chuckled. "It's a relief we didn't kill you with all that chaos yesterday!"

 

Yuri thought back about the snippets her brain had flashed earlier. "Yeah, about that, what article did Yoona save?"

 

The way Taeyeon responded to her answer with a belly laugh wasn't the answer she expected. Yuri wondered which part of her question contained a spell to make people crack. She was considering taking her words back, when Taeyeon shook her head, her laughter hadn't yet subsided.

 

"Tiffany checked it..."

 

Yuri nodded several times, watching the group's oldest girl reached for a chair to sit.

 

"And well, she cringed for a while before marching to the other room to choke Yoona..."

 

Yuri's brows drew together. "Why?"

 

Taeyeon wiped the tears from the corner of her eyes, her laughter had reduced down to chuckles. "Well, while Tiffany marched to the room where Yoona and maknae studied, I took the iPad and... God, Yul, you should read the title of that article..."

 

Yuri blinked. "What? What is the title?"

 

"Well, it was 'How to Nurse'..." Taeyeon trailed off, her lips turned into a smirk as Yuri nodded with full focus on her next words, "It was 'How to Nurse a Significant Other's Cold at Home'. And you know Tiffany can't handle sweetness other than pink."

 

Taeyeon laughed again as Yuri blushed after her brain made connection with the title and the situation. "Yoona was babbling incoherently when Tiffany flipped her Chemistry book and confronted her about the title and the content. Yah, are you seriously blushing now? Oh, you guys are so cute!" exclaimed Taeyeon with a squeal in the end, ignoring Yuri's stutter about coincidental things and whatnot.

 

A buzzing sound was heard, stopping Taeyeon from whatever else she was about to say. Checking her phone, she hummed and rose from her seat. "Well, gotta go to the Uni," she said, moving to pack her bag.

 

Yuri huffed, "Sure. Go ahead. After embarrassing me to no end, go and leave me alone in this deserted dorm without any company whatsoever."

 

"Drama queen," mocked Taeyeon with a roll of her eyes. "It's one P.M. Yoona will come back in thirty minutes, if I'm not mistaken. Don't whine and wait patiently."

 

Yuri blinked and smiled widely at the information. "Yoona will?"

 

Taeyeon grinned. "Oh you lovesick puppy," she said, faking a tearful expression. "Even with all those denials, your gestures speak otherwise. My YoonYul heart can finally die in peace after you call each other 'significant other'. And who knows, maybe Yoona will make a cup of tea consisted of two spoons of 'get well soon', a small cube of 'kiss' and one hundred percent love when she arrives."

 

"Oh, shut it!" said Yuri, throwing a balled up tissue at her, face flushing red. Taeyeon laughed and dashed from the kitchen, her bag on her shoulder, a 'goodbye' shouted carelessly to the air. Yuri rolled her eyes and stared at the bowl of chicken porridge in front of her, a faint steam still accompanied it.

 

"I hate your creator," she told the innocent porridge.

 

"Yoonyul sounds cute, though," she admitted after a while, taking her first spoon of the chicken porridge. She then sighed.

 

"Ugh. I still hate your creator, but you taste amazing, chicken porridge-nim."

 

 

.,~:';TAT;':~,.

 

 

It was a physically better Kwon Yuri with a knife in her left hand who operated around the kitchen thirty minutes after Taeyeon had left. She had eaten all of the porridge, washed the bowl and the spoon, and chilled around alone in the living room for a while. She had finally surrendered to her boredom when the clock in the wall told her that it had been thirty minutes. If Taeyeon wasn't lying, Yoona shall be here, asking if she's okay and making a cup of tea full of love asking if she wanted anything.

 

But Yoona didn't show up.

 

So here she was, back in the kitchen, slicing fruits. She hadn't had her dose of Ma today, so she would make it herself to kill a little bit more time. With rolled up sleeves, knife and several fruits she could find in the fridge, she carefully proceeded to work.

 

Lips pursed as she directed her knife to peel the apple's skin, her ears didn't even perk up when a creak was heard from the living room. She was working halfway through the apple when a pair of arms sneaked from behind her, giving her a back hug. Blinking, Yuri stopped her activity the moment she felt a familiar warmth surged through her body.

 

"I'm holding a knife!"

 

The hugger snuggled on the crook of her neck. "Hi to you too, unnie," she heard the other said. Her lips breaking into a wide smile, Yuri set the knife aside and patted the arms circling around her waist.

 

"Release me first. Need to make Ma."

 

"Doooooon't wanna," mumbled the other against her neck. "This is comfortable." She snuggled in again, eliciting a chuckle from the older girl.

 

"Aigoo," sighed Yuri, "At least let me wash my hand first, Yoongie."

 

Instead of a response, Yoona moved to the sink, still hugging the amused tanned girl—thus effectively dragging her along. When they arrived in front of the sink, Yoona mumbled, "There you go."

 

Chuckling in amusement, Yuri turned the tap and washed her hands.

 

"How's exam?" she asked, remembering that the younger had just come back from the tests. She dried up her hands and slightly leaned back to the other girl's embrace.

 

"Don't ask," whined Yoona pitifully.

 

Yuri glanced to the still-nuzzled-to-her-neck Yoona, her hand raised to ruffle the girl's hair a bit. "Why why?"

 

"I did horrible," moaned Yoona. "I'm doomed."

 

"Ssssh, it's okay," assured Yuri, rubbing the arms around her waist comfortingly. Then with a thoughtful tone she added, "You know, last time when Seohyun tearfully said to Hyoyeon that she did horrible, she acquired A minus."

 

She felt Yoona shook her head as the younger complained gruffly, "That's Seohyun, unnie, and comparing anyone to Seohyun is a crime. Hyoyeon unnie felt so dumb after seeing the result, remember. And Taeyeon unnie sulked at the bathroom for an hour."

 

Yuri laughed. It was true. When a gloomy Seohyun came back to the dorm and told Hyoyeon about her doomed test, Hyoyeon told the rest in the span of ten minutes. The whole dorm had panicked and assured Seohyun that it was okay and no her parents would not feel upset at her and they would still feel proud of her regardless, all the while thinking that Seohyun's horrible meant she couldn't answer like fifty percent of the questions.

 

And then a week later, the maknae came back with hunched shoulders, giving a paper at Hyoyeon with an A- mark on it.

 

"Two of my classmates received A star," Seohyun had said when the unnies and Yoona gathered around to witness such miracle. "But I only studied for fifteen minutes because I was preparing for other subject's quiz, so maybe that's why..."

 

Seohyun had blinked innocently at them, genuinely looked upset at herself, and they couldn't get mad even if they had felt dumbfounded at her perfection. They had felt pranked, if not suddenly dumber by comparison. All agreed to never classify Seohyun's horrible with their own horrible ever again. "It's a crime," announced Taeyeon after Tiffany successfully coaxed her out of the bathroom because poor Sunny had to poo-poo.

 

Returning to the present, Yuri shook her head, accidentally bumped it against Yoona's once. They were still standing in front of the sink, Yoona back hugging her and they rocked back and forth silently. Her gaze fell to the lonely fruits, then, and she remembered about her Ma.

 

"Hey. Release me, Yoong. The fruits need me," she told the lifeless girl.

 

"Ngggh. But I need you too!" sulked Yoona, tightening her embrace. "I need you more than those fruits."

 

Shaking her head, Yuri patted the slender arms around her again. "Don't you feel hungry, though?"

 

Yoona bit her neck in response.

 

"Not me, you dork," said Yuri, knocking her head playfully. "Rice, Yoong. Or do you want Ma too?"

 

"Do you hate my hug that much?" Yoona said, finally stopping her snuggle and resting her chin on Yuri's shoulder instead. "I need a moral support right now."

 

"Do you hate me that much?" Yuri asked back. "You didn't even ask me if I feel okay when you arrived."

 

"Omo," Yoona gasped. "That's right. I forgot! How are you feeling, unnie?" She released her back hug and spun Yuri around, frantically checking the older girl's forehead, and neck, and armpit—

 

Yuri flicked the other's forehead.

 

"Ow!" said Yoona, rubbing her abused forehead. She looked at her unnie in disbelief, "What was that for?"

 

Yuri grinned in response. "For being such a dork," she said. "I'm okay, Yoong. Fully healthy again after a day full of rest. Thanks for the late question."

 

"Hey, I'm depressed because of exams, you know."

 

"Of course I know," cooed Yuri, her hand already reached to rub the pouting girl's forehead. "There, there. What exams did you do, anyway?"

 

"Chemistry," said Yoona with a cringe. "And Physics. Holy rolling Woody, I couldn't even decide what to study yesterday." She looked at Yuri with a pout, "And you were sick too, unnie! How was I supposed to concentrate?"

 

Yuri laughed. "Why? What happened?"

 

"Well, you happened! I was torn between studying or taking care of you... sorry I had to choose exams, unnie."

 

"That's sweet," said Yuri with a smile. "But your other unnies had taken care of that, so it's okay really."

 

"Oh, I'm glad you're healthy again even with all that chaos!" exclaimed Yoona, pulling Yuri into another hug again. As this time it wasn't a back hug, Yuri was able to return it. Yoona sighed when Yuri hugged her back, feeling her wounded heart (because of the exams) enveloped with a smooth fabric of comfort. "At least I have that one good news going for me."

 

"Is it that bad?" asked Yuri, referring to her tests.

 

"Are you smart in Physics and Chemistry, unnie?"

 

Yuri hummed. "Not much."

 

Yoona pulled back from the hug, eyes widened. "Are you sure? Because you're full of beryllium, gold, and titanium."

 

Yuri felt her brain spun seven rounds. "What?"

 

"Beryllium, gold, and titanium, unnie. You're so full of those that you look Be-Au-Ti-full."

 

Yuri blinked several times before glaring at the younger, although her smile kind of broke it. "Is it just me or did you really just try to smooth-talk me with Chemistry's periodic table?"

 

Yoona grinned sheepishly. "That's one of the word I arranged when I studied yesterday. Pity it didn't come up in the questions."

 

Yuri shook her head. "It never would, Yoong. Honestly."

 

"At least I learned something. I couldn't grasp Physics at all except for Isaac Newton getting hit by a naughty apple when he slept under a tree."

 

"I think Mr. Newton's rule has an exception, though."

 

Yoona blinked, and then panicked. "WHAT? Seriously!? What exception?!? Oh my God my essay—"

 

"Me," said Yuri quickly before Yoona went on full explosion. "The exception is me. Because I'm gravitated towards you, not Earth."

 

"Unnie!" Yoona gaped at her, cheeks tinted with pink. "You didn't just smooth-talk me with Physics!"

 

"Oh but I did," said Yuri, laughing. "And I think you're full of carbon, uranium, and tellurium, Yoong. Because you're so C, U, Te."

 

Yoona blushed harder. "Rem—remind me not to study with you, unnie," she stuttered, "I won't be able to make through all your smooth talk alive."

 

Her stomach agreed with a low grumble, making her flush redder, as well as making Yuri laugh again.

 

"Aigoo, you're really so cute!" said Yuri, pinching the speechless girl's cheek. "Are you hungry now?"

 

Still blushing, Yoona made a move to bite the older girl's shoulder again.

 

"Not me, you dork," said Yuri, her face heated up as she avoided Yoona’s playful bite. Then above whisper Yuri added, "Do you even understand the implication it brings..."

 

Yoona looked at her and pouted. "Fruits will do," she said thoughtfully. "And then cuddle with Yul unnie in beds until my heart gets better."

 

"Okay. Fruits then. No eating me up in beds, okay?" asked Yuri, a playful smile on her lips, feeling relieved that the younger didn't hear her additional mumble.

 

"No," agreed Yoona. "That's still three years away from now," she added, smiling back in her most innocent smile at the older girl.

 

Yuri's smile turned a gape and she flapped her hands around as she sputtered, "What—how—you—"

 

"I will be in our room, unnie! Need to take a bath!" said Yoona cheerfully, dashing from the kitchen, leaving the older girl sputtering off to the innocent fruits and weird implications the dork had created behind. Yuri shook her head and touched her forehead, feeling the warmth it gave against her hand.

 

Taeyeon's words rang in her ears, oh you lovesick puppy! Jessica's comment followed right behind, you guys look like a married couple with joined beds like this, you know. And then Yoona's playfully raised eyebrows as she said, three years from now.

 

"God, you're sick again now," she told herself as she felt warmness surged through her whole body. "And you're not even hit by a naughty apple like Isaac Newton was."

 

She shook her head as she prepared the fruits, sparing a part of it to make Ma. A part of her, YulOne, told her to hurry, to hunt Yoona down and pin her to the bed and put a stop to this dancing around each other routine. YulTwo told her to slow down, to enjoy the uncertainty and the giddy feeling she had while it lasted. A cute minion of Yoona appeared on her left shoulder, whispering to her to sneakily cut one of the strawberries into a love shape. A cute minion of herself appeared on her right shoulder, reminding her to tease Yoona about a cup of tea with love after everything else had been taken care of.

 

But whatever her brain said, Yuri only knew one thing. She would really gravitate to Yoona at the end of the day, Newton's law be damned.

 

She always did.

 

 

THE END

 

 

A/N: THE ANGSTY BUNNY IS SO NAUGHTY I TELL YOU. I can't even listen to the song which inspired its appearance without tearing up my heart a little. But the next one will really be it. So please bear with me when I disappear from this fic for a week or more, because this is my first time writing angst and I don't know how long my heart needs to be prepared to write it much less finish it. I'm so dramatic I know. Sorry. Anyway, SNSD's Catch Me If You Can Korean version has been out! Let's gravitate to our girls and check it out here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b09U0KLv6I4 it already has more than one million views as I typed this! #catchGG #SHYYshine!
+++ YOONYUL ARM-RUBBING THO OH MY GOD CAN WE HAVE THEM DO THAT ON STAGE PLS? ..now I feel kinda bad to catch that angsty bunny T T