Circle of Feelings

Your Yoghurt

Wearing her yellow-trimmed black scarf around her neck, Im Yoona looked out of the only window her room had. The sun had come up, brightly, no sign of rain or storm whatsoever. Seemed like a truly good day, except the doe-eyed girl had hoped that today would have a bad weather…

 

She sighed and rose from her bed, exiting her room and descending the stairs. And there it was—all sort of conversations she hoped not to hear. She was soon emerged to the crowd of people, wearing the same colored scarfs. Several also had a yellow stripped black tie around their head as headbands, and fewer had a pair of Quidditch goggles.

 

Sighing to herself, she made her way through the excited people around her towards the Great Hall. Her stomach grumbled along with her brain, mentally berating people who stopped in the middle of the corridor to chat and blocked her way. What’s so good about Quidditch, she thought, stupid game with unreasonable amount of points for catching a goddamn Snitch—

 

 “Ooof!”

 

Just as she almost reached the Great Hall, a hand grabbed her waist and spun her around, pushing her roughly against the wall. Yoona gasped in shock, her back slightly ached as it collided against the stony wall. She looked at her intruder and immediately scowled as she recognized the face. The intruder smirked in return.

 

“Morning beautiful, ready to watch me catch the Snitch?”

 

—and now it makes every Seeker feel like they’re the hero and have the right to flaunt their catch.

 

“Get off me, Goldstein,” said Yoona coldly.

 

The said guy laughed lightly and leaned in further. “Why? Are you nervous having me near you?”

 

“Are you sure it’s okay to play Seeker today?” countered Yoona in a bored voice, pushing the guy’s chest harshly. “Your mind sounds like it’s polluted with delusions.”

 

Goldstein narrowed his eyes. “Careful, Im,” he said, “Our deal is still intact, you know.”

 

Yoona flinched, and the guy smirked.

 

“I have grabbed the Seeker position,” said Goldstein. “If I could take the win by catching the Snitch on my first match; which is today, I’m going to…”

 

“…you are going to eat her?”

 

Surprised, both snapped their head to the direction of the voice. Goldstein scrambled back several steps, and Yoona immediately tried to straighten herself, afraid if the intruder was a Professor. When the two figured who it was, though, Goldstein scowled.

 

“Sod off, Kwon,” snapped Goldstein. “None of your business.”

 

“Chill,” the said Kwon smirked, a blue-trimmed scarf around her neck. “I was only asking. Your position looks like you’re about to eat her—and it’s, ah, cannibalism, you know? Not that there’s anything wrong with that…”

 

“Sod off, Kwon,” said Yoona, face flushed.

 

“Ah,” the raven-haired Ravenclaw looked over the Hufflepuff, her smirk turned into a small smile. “Don’t worry, I still choose chicken over you… food-wise.”

 

Yoona spluttered. Goldstein scoffed.

 

“Go take your breakfast, Kwon,” said the guy, rudely gesturing her to leave. “Be sure to make your day before my team crush yours.”

 

Yuri looked over at Yoona, eyes comically widened. “Holy butterbeer, you make a bet with this kind of guy? Not that I intentionally eavesdropped on you but… what kind of bet?”

 

“I will get to date her if I win this match—which I totally will, anyway,” said Goldstein haughtily. Yoona avoided the Ravenclaw’s eyes, looking firmly at the ground.

 

She wouldn’t admit the story behind the bet. She totally wouldn’t.

 

Yuri shrugged, “Okay, good luck with that.” She looked at Yoona who still avoided her eyes and formed a tight-lipped smile, “I’m sorry though, Goldstein—I’m not fond of romance, so don’t wish for an easy win.”

 

“With your Cleansweep?” laughed Goldstein obnoxiously. “Come on, Kwon. You know my Firebolt takes the win.”

 

“A Keeper doesn’t need Firebolt, you ,” said Yuri nonchalantly. “I just need a stable broomstick and someone’s heart to keep.” She smiled at Yoona who scoffed, although a faint blush was creeping on those cheeks.

 

“Whatever,” said Goldstein, turning to leave them. “Bye future date, bye gorilla. Gotta catch breakfast before I catch the shiny little ball.”

 

“Psh, bigheaded Seeker,” said Yuri as she watched the guy left.

 

Yoona brushed her shoulder and frowned, not saying anything. She turned around and walked away.

 

Yuri blinked. “Eh, Yoona—“

 

The doe-eyed girl whirled around, eyes narrowed dangerously. “Don’t act like we’re close,” she spat.

 

“But our distance isn’t that far? You’re only two meters in front of me—well, okay,” The tanned girl shrugged and gave the other a small smile. “I just want to say good morning and ask if you’re ok, because I saw Goldstein being harsh to you earlier—but guess I’m a bother to you right now…”

 

Yoona bit her lower lips, a pang of guilt poking her slightly.

 

“But, yesterday…” the tanned girl furrowed her brows, recalling. “Yesterday Seohyun told me that Taeyeon told her that Sooyoung was pacing around Hufflepuff’s common room talking about how your single status is threatened… I don’t know how the news could travel Huff-Gryff-Claws, but do you… like him?”

 

A thoughtful expression plastered on Yoona’s face. It was probably the longest ten seconds Yuri ever had after the ten seconds Professor McGonagall glared at her in the last Transfiguration class.

 

Hesitating, the doe-eyed girl looked at her and said, “He’s younger…” with a sterner tone she added, “Like, really really younger.”

 

“Well, Ageing Potion from Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes can—”

 

Yoona glared at the tanned girl, her ears reddened.

 

“All right,” Yuri chuckled lightly, raising her hands in surrender. “Sorry. Forget I said it. I’ll be going first… need my breakfast before a Bludger punch my stomach.”

 

Yoona grimaced, her hand automatically came up to her stomach. She didn’t like the mental image—another thing to hate from Quidditch. It was already painful only to imagine it.

 

Yuri gave her a small smile and walked to her the Great Hall, whispering something to the Hufflepuff’s ear as she passed her that made Yoona squeak. When the doe-eyed girl turned around to yell, the Kwon had already gone.

 

“If I won, you owe me a date.”

 

Yoona’s entire face reddened as she strode to enter the Great Hall, her stomach didn’t even let out a grumble.

 

 

.,~:';COF;':~,.

 

 

“Welcome to the first Quidditch match in this season! Today’s match is Hufflepuff versus Ravenclaw, with a hint of revenge going on. You know, because last year the Claws gave us our with shiny Snitch on top…”

 

“Jackson!”

 

“Just a throwback, Professor. There we go! They’re off! The Quaffle’s on Malley Applebee, Hufflepuff’s Chaser, who rejected my confession just a week ago…”

 

“Jackson!”

 

“Sorry, Professor. Ah! Applebee loses the Quaffle! Boot’s already there to catch it—goddamn Nimbus 2000, they’re quick—Hufflepuff’s goals are in danger! Boot passes to Davies—another long pass from Davies to Boot, avoids a Bludger from Charles Jargodzky—BOOT SCORES! Ravenclaw ten, Hufflepuff zero!”

 

“Oh, a nasty Bludger from Ravenclaw’s beater Brian MacDougal to the far wing of the pitch! The target is Hufflepuff’s Seeker, Johnny Goldstein—he ducks! Oh no, he’s human, I mean he ducked to avoid the ball, yes.“

 

“A Bludger from Jargodzky to Ravenclaw’s Seeker, Claire Clearwater! Merlin bro how dare you target a girl! I’m a Hufflepuff too but still! Ain’t cool, man!”

 

“Um, Professor, your face looks sour. Are you regretting choosing me?”

 

“Jackson, please just concentrate on the match—“

 

“All right, all right. The Quaffle is now on Hufflepuff as John Turpin gets closer to the Ravenclaw’s goals on his Cleansweep! The Ravenclaw’s Keeper is none other than Kwon Yuri, a tough wall she is, heard she rejected every boy who asked her out—OH MY WAND SHE WINKS. DID SHE REALLY JUST WINK AT ME—“

 

“Jackson, by the love of Merlin—“

 

“Sorry, Professor. Turpin passes to Applebee! Applebee looks like she’s ready to shoot—SHE SHOOTS—MERLIN DID YOU SEE THAT?! Kwon blocks it easily! Imagine the Quaffle as our poor guys’ heart… whoops, pardon me, Professor, I was caught in the moment…”

 

The Transfiguration Professor shook her head and rubbed her temples. Why didn’t she know that Jackson’s teacher for sport-commentator was his Uncle, Lee Jordan, the source of all her headache during Quidditch matches, before she actually announced her choice for commentator? Merlin…

 

 

.,~:';COF;':~,.

 

 

“Kwon blocks it easily! Imagine the Quaffle as our poor guys’ heart… whoops, pardon me, Professor, I was caught in the moment.”

 

Yoona huffed at the commentator’s booth which happened to be three seats away from her left, two seats away to the front. Beside her, Sooyoung was stuffing with some Honeydukes goodies—she couldn’t guess how much because Sooyoung had carried a bottomless pouch with her.

 

“Pshh, caught in the moment~ more like caught in the Yulverse.”

 

Sooyoung’s words were accompanied with flying chocolates, and Yoona pitied those who unintentionally sat in front of the big eater. Even if she herself was a big-eater, she had the brain to refrain herself from eating during Quidditch matches.

 

“None of the Seeker spots the Snitch yet… aaand Ravenclaw scores again! DAVIES! Ravenclaw twenty, Hufflepuff zero!”

 

The doe-eyed girl blinked as something popped up in her mind.

 

“Yah,” she elbowed the taller girl, “what did you say to Taeyeon, huh?”

 

“Me? Nahh… I only told her that I don’t really fond of Acid Pops.”

 

“Goldstein flies towards the Ravenclaw’s Keeper… ooooh! It looks like they’re exchanging some verbal insults! And it looks like Kwon is winning! Goldstein, you cray?”

 

Yoona looked at the Choi and glared. Sooyoung gulped the last bit of Chocolate Frog and said,

 

“What?”

 

“I’m pretty sure that’s not what Kwon said…”

 

“Bruh…” Sooyoung shoved a Chocolate Frog at Yoona’s unsuspecting mouth, first. “I told her Pepper Imps could make you breath fire, but she said it only works for dragons.”

 

“I’m sorry, Professor… of course I won’t use that word in my Transfiguration’s essay… OH LOOK! Turpin gives a shot! …and Kwon blocks it with awesomeness. Merlin, the way she flies screams World Domination—sorry, Professor. Anyway, the Quaffle’s back to the Claws…”

 

Yoona chewed the Chocolate Frog forcefully, what’s still left of the frog’s head bobbed right in front of . Awkwardly, she pushed the whole frog into and chewed further, still giving the Choi a disbelieving look.

 

“You should believe me, Im Yoona… I thought you’re the Huff to le Puff?”

 

Thank Merlin Yoona had successfully swallowed the animated chocolate this time, as the sane part in her really had to respond to Sooyoung’s bad pun.

 

“A long pass across the pitch from Davies to Boot! Applebee tries to intercept, but Boot receives it safely. A Bludger flies to Boot from his left—he avoids it and drops the Quaffle—NO, there’s Perks below him, ready to catch. Claws’ strategy is so smooth today!”

 

“You better search someone whose name is Huff for that line to work, Puff Sooyoung.”

 

Sooyoung frowned. “You’re no fun.”

 

“Anyway,” Yoona jabbed the Choi’s side, “you leaked my bet.”

 

“For the best,” the Choi shrugged, opening a pack of Bertie Bott’s Every-Flavor Beans. “It’s not like I was the only witness… I just made sure that Yuri would know. That way Yuri will ensure that Goldstein loses. And your single status will stay. Win-win.”

 

“RAVENCLAW SCORES! CLAWS FORTY, PUFFS ZERO!”

 

“Seriously, Soo, some loyal Hufflepuff you are.”

 

 “If what it takes is Hufflepuff’s loss, so be it.”

 

The yellow-black clothed people in front of them turned towards them sharply, and Yoona gulped, elbowing the nonchalant Choi beside her.

 

“What? I mean it. Goldstein and you is a no-no… why do people have a knack of choosing the worse for them?”

 

“OOOH GOLDSTEIN DOES A DIVE! Does he see the Snitch? He’s flying towards the Ravenclaw’s goals, his eyes look fixed. His hand starts to extend out—Clearwater starts to follow him! Firebolt versus Nimbus here guys! Oh wait… what happens?? Kwon flies in front of Goldstein and sticks her tongue out with eyes widened! Her face is hilarious! I can hear surprised laughter from Gryffindor’s booth. Goldstein halts and it looks like the Snitch has disappeared from his sight. Goldstein, you cray?”

 

After apologizing to the sensitive Puffs in front of them—all from upper years, too!—Yoona rubbed her temples in frustration. “And what, pray tell, is this better choice you thought I have?”

 

“Yuri?” offered Sooyoung nonchalantly, plopping a bean into . “She’s gentle, smart, funny, doesn’t freak out from your big appetite, looks out to you, caring, and can make you blush.”

 

“I don’t blush!”

 

“Ew, earwax.” Sooyoung pulled out a plastic bag and spat the earwax-flavored bean out. All of sudden there was a bottle of butterbeer in her hand and she chugged two big gulps.

 

“But Professor, I’m not being biased! Goldstein is my housemate! It’s not my fault he loses argument from Kwon!”

 

Sooyoung sighed as the butterbeer washed away the nasty flavor from her tongue. She turned to the doe-eyed girl and grinned in amusement, as a tint of pink was present in those cheeks. “Yoong, you totally blush. Like, even when you’re acting all cold to her, those cheeks of yours are way too fond of red and pink, you know? Even roses would be ashamed if they see the way you blush…”

 

“I don’t—“

 

“And I still don’t understand why you’re suddenly acting like that to her. It was all fine last year and you guys were progressing so nicely…”

 

“PERKS SCORES ANOTHER GOAL FOR RAVENCLAW! Ravenclaw fifty, Hufflepuff zero! Come on Puffs, break the Kwon Wall!”

 

“Are you even aware? Yuri’s smile lately has been very small, like, it doesn’t reach her eyes… she doesn’t even grin that much, except when she riles up slimy snakes or Goldstein into annoyance.”

 

“Maybe she’s too tired,” waved Yoona away, although snippets of those small smiles Yuri gave to her surfaced on her mind. “She’s Ravenclaw, after all. Bunch of over-hardworking kids.”

 

“Whatever you say, Huff…”

 

“Why do the Claws move so fast? Boot scores again! Ravenclaw sixty, Hufflepuff zero! At this rate, Hufflepuff’s Seeker needs to catch the Snitch quickly before the gap couldn’t be helped even by catching it!”

 

“It’s just that… I really adore her for how tough she is, you know? She keeps approaching you even when you give her a cold shoulder for some unspoken reasons…”

 

“She has to learn to respect other people wishes,” said Yoona bitterly.

 

Sooyoung blinked. “Oh, if you’re talking about the date, I was the one who suggested that to her… and I think you won’t refuse at the end of the day.”

 

Yoona looked at her taller friend. Even if all she did were mostly eating and breathing, her predictions strangely often became true.

 

“Why?”

 

Sooyoung smiled mysteriously, “Just see.”

 

“WHAT THE KWON YURI CATCHES THE QUAFFLE AND FLIES TOWARDS HUFFLEPUFF’S GOALS. IS THIS REALLY HAPPENING?! I won’t say apologize for this Professor, I heard your curse just a second ago.”

 

 

.,~:';COF;':~,.

 

 

Yuri smirked as the Hufflepuffs were too stunned on their brooms. She flew through the shortest distance her brain counted, dodging the collision-thirsty Bludgers and passing the frozen Hufflepuff’s players. When Goldstein snapped out from his shock and shouted at his team, her Cleansweep had already brought her to her shooting distance.

 

“IS SHE GOING TO SHOOT? OR IS IT JUST A BLUFF!? It’s too far away to shoot! If Hufflepuff’s Chaser could snatch the Quaffle now it’ll be great because Ravenclaw’s goal post is empty!”

 

She knew that Applebee and Turpin would be zooming in to her by now. Taking a deep breath, she took a pose to shoot.

 

“It looks like Kwon really will shoot! I have never seen a Keeper attempting to make a goal-in… and Professor McGonagall agrees! Sorry, Professor, I just overheard you—“

 

She concentrated, letting her body did several things to confuse Hufflepuff’s Keeper. Just when she felt the air behind her changed, indicating that someone was nearing her, she threw the Quaffle. Hard.

 

“MERLIN, THE KWON-WALL REALLY SHOOTS!”

 

Everyone present held their breath in, and Hufflepuff’s Keeper tried to block the Quaffle which went to the middle goal. It almost looked like the Quaffle would be blocked when suddenly the red ball changed its route slightly to the right.

 

Eyes widened. The Hufflepuff’s Keeper cursed. The ball went straight into the rightest goal, and the stands boomed in wild cheers.

 

“GOAL IN! GOAL IN! KWON PROVES TO US THAT A WALL CAN MAKE A GOAL-IN!”

 

Yuri steered her broom and flew towards her original spot, receiving light slaps of congratulations from her teammates. As she reached her goal post, she shot a grin at a frustrated Goldstein who hovered below her.

 

Goldstein narrowed his eyes at her and gritted his teeth. She smirked, and shifted her focus back to the game.

 

I won’t give you an easy win, Goldstein.

 

“CLAWS SIXTY, PUFFS ZERO! WE’RE DOOMED!”

 

 

.,~:';COF;':~,.

 

 

“CLAWS SIXTY, PUFFS ZERO! WE’RE DOOMED!”

 

“What the hell was that?” breathed Yoona, amazed, her eyes unconsciously following the dark-haired Keeper of Ravenclaw. She never saw a move like that done by a Keeper, and she had to admit that it was incredible. Everything Kwon Yuri did just now made her re-think about her sentiment regarding Quidditch. Now if only they could reduce the amount of points a Snitch can contribute…

 

Sooyoung plopped another bean into and chewed it hesitantly, afraid to get betrayed by the sneaky beans again. Smiling in relief as a watermelon-flavor greeted her tongue, she commented,

 

“Yuri works really hard today, doesn’t she? I wonder if there’s something behind those energetic actions…”

 

Unknowingly to herself, the doe-eyed girl blushed. Sooyoung could see that, but she didn’t point it out. She was getting a little bit tired of hearing Yoona’s denials, okay. Her body was more honest than .

 

“Clearwater makes a dive! She flies to… to… HOLY MERLIN Clearwater zooms to me! She gets this scary look on her! I think she will crash! NO! NOOO!”

 

The audiences gasped as a Bludger flew towards the Ravenclaw, intercepting her route, missing her by inches. The Seeker held back and sputtered angrily right in front of the commentator booth, Jackson blinking in shock while Professor McGonagall looked like she was reprimanding the girl.

 

“My my, the Bludger scared the Snitch off! Clearwater is getting scolded by Professor McGonagall right now… what? Me too? BUT I SAID HOLY MERLIN, PROFESSOR. Nothing could go wrong with THAT.”

 

“Yoong, your eyes don’t follow the Quaffle.”

 

Jerking her head to the taller girl, Yoona gaped. “I do!”

 

“Please, Hufflepuff’s Princess,” scoffed Sooyoung with a roll of her eyes. “Last time I checked, the Quaffle’s on Boot. Not Yuri. That was ten minutes ago.”

 

The doe-eyed girl sputtered off incoherently in return.

 

“THIS IS THE SEVENTH TIME HUFFLEPUFF’S SHOOTS BEING BLOCKED BY THE KWON WALL. I SWEAR SHE HAS A NATURAL SHIELDING CHARM ON THE GOAL POST.”

 

“And a natural protection charm around the Im! Kekeke,” said Sooyoung, smirking. “Just admit it, Yoong. You’re rooting for Yuri.”

 

“Only because Goldstein is too young, okay,” said Yoona, trying to gain her composure back. She saw Ravenclaw’s Seeker hovered near the tanned girl and she frowned disapprovingly.

 

“Yeah, yeah. Your standard description of someone you don’t like to date. We have to swap ‘young’ with ‘pain in the ’ to get the real meaning. We know,” said Sooyoung lazily. “We know you like older people, like, I don’t know—a certain Ravenclaw’s Keeper? Hint, hint.”

 

Yoona put her head into her hands, groaning.

 

“Clearwater spotted something! She quickly zooms in, leaving the Ravenclaw’s goal post—she goes past Applebee and Turnip, Goldstein calling a feint! Applebee loses focus for a second—OOH Davies! Davies intercepts the passing Quaffle from Applebee to Turnip! Davies makes a long shot… CLEARWATER ACCEPTS THE QUAFFLE HOLY MERLIN—sorry, Professor—WHAT’S WITH YOU RAVENCLAWS? WHY WHY WHY?!”

 

“What are they planning this time?” asked Sooyoung in amazement, plopping another bean into , “They’re too unexpected!”

 

Yoona looked up and observed yet another unusual scene in front of her. Suddenly she understood that it was probably what Yuri discussed with Clearwater before. Although the Quaffle was far to the right side of the pitch, she found her gaze traveled to the other side, where Yuri was hovering in front of the goal post, a smirk danced on the girl’s lips.

 

Strangely, her heart thumped a little bit faster.

 

“Ew, rotten egg!”

 

 

.,~:';COF;':~,.

 

 

When the bloody Seeker of Ravenclaw successfully scored, for the second time, Goldstein cursed loudly. One hundred to zero, Jackson announced. He had to find that Snitch damn quick and flip the odds to his team’s victory. After all, that Snitch worth one hundred and fifty points.

 

He knew that Clearwater wasn’t that good at playing Seeker, and it calmed him at first. Having a good Seeker was a vital point to win a Quidditch match and he knew he was good—his broom was Firebolt, for Merlin’s sake. But the fact that Cleanwater scored a goal made him furious. Madam Hooch didn’t say anything, so it wasn’t a foul, and if it wasn’t a foul, everything became harder for him to win.

 

He looked frantically around, trying to find a glimpse of shiny little ball. He blocked Jackson’s comments, focusing desperately on any changes in the wind around him.

 

He had tricked Im Yoona to make a bet with him. He wouldn’t lose. Especially not to Kwon.

 

 

.,~:';COF;':~,.

 

 

“Goldstein, want to make a bet?”

 

“What is it, Kwon?”

 

“If your team can score any goal from me, I’ll be your slave for this whole year, homework-wise. But if anyone from your team can't make any goal at all and lose,” the tanned girl shrugged, “I want you to stop bothering Yoona and stay away from her. Forever.”

 

“Huh,” his eyes twitched. “I’m not inter—“

 

“Are you not confident in your team’s skill, Mr. Seeker? All you need is a goal—”

 

“Of course I’m confident!” said Goldstein quickly. His expression was terrified as his teammates were clearly eavesdropping the conversation. It wouldn’t do any good if his Captain decided to drop him from the fixed line.

 

He gritted his teeth. “Fine. I’ll take your challenge!”

 

“Deal,” Yuri smirked. “Everyone, you’re the witnesses.”

 

 

.,~:';COF;':~,.

 

 

If one would stop and think about it, riding a broom would look like it didn’t need much energy. All you had to do was steering the broom to the right direction and made sure that you were always in a stable position.

 

It wasn’t that easy, though.

 

Yuri didn’t know how to explain it, but a dragged out Quidditch match could exhaust her more than her jogging routine in the morning. Maybe it had to do with her defying gravitation every time she flew one-handed or even with no hand on the handle at all. Maybe it had to do with adrenaline, or every muscle she had to use to steer the broom.

 

The match had been going on for almost an hour. Both team’s Seeker had been engaging in several chasing-the-Snitch activities, yet it was either they lost it or a Bludger scared the poor tiny ball off. Yuri silently thanked her team’s Beaters, as well as the Chasers and of course Clearwater. Hufflepuff got no points yet, while Ravenclaw scored one hundred and forty so far. Panting to herself, she willed her eyes to focus on the Quaffle. It was on Applebee’s hand. Applebee and Turpin had been attacking more vigorously, and while she could block every single shoots up until now, she knew The Kwon Wall was shaken.

 

“How about your headache? You haven’t had your Ma. Are you sure you’re ok to play? Unnie, please eat something.”

 

Yuri shook her head as Seohyun’s concerned words rang in her ears. She was okay. I’m okay. She could hang in there a little bit more…

 

 

.,~:';COF;':~,.

 

 

“Davies,” said Boot as the two Chasers passed each other, “Kwon is shaking.”

 

“I know,” replied the other Chaser. “Intercept Applebee—signal Perks to go shadow Turpin.”

 

“Beware of the Bludger,” warned Boot.

 

“I have a bad feeling about the Bludger,” muttered Davies, flying off to the Hufflepuff’s goal post.

 

 

.,~:';COF;':~,.

 

 

When Ravenclaw scored the fifty hundredth points from Perks’ long assist to Davies, Jargodzky, the Beater and the Captain of Hufflepuff’s team asked a time out. Madam Hooch accepted it.

 

 

.,~:';COF;':~,.

 

 

“Team, what happened to you? Don’t lose hope yet. Goldstein, why couldn’t you catch the Snitch!?”

 

“I’m sorry, Cap,” the Seeker bowed his head.

 

“We’ll break the Kwon Wall,” said Jargodzky firmly. “We’ll use Potter’s Plough. And the moment we make a goal—catch the damn Snitch, Goldstein. Even if it’s a draw, we’ll win because we catch the Snitch.”

 

 

.,~:';COF;':~,.

 

 

“Yuri, are you okay?”

 

Yuri wiped her sweaty forehead and took a deep breath. “Yeah, I’m… okay, Claire.”

 

“We can substitute you—“

 

“No, seriously,” the tanned girl looked at her teammates firmly, “I’m ok. I can last until the match is over.”

 

“Davies?” said Boot, “You’re the Captain. Decide.”

 

Yuri looked at the hesitating guy. Truthfully, she knew her body wasn’t as fit as she would have liked. But she had to do this. There was no other option.

 

“Cap,” said Yuri before Davies could say anything, “Please let me play. If after this you think I’m working overboard, you can ground me from the next match.”

 

“She will hit you with a strong Cheering Charm so you’ll forget about it,” said Perks in amusement.

 

Yuri grinned and pointed at the Chaser. “Thanks for the suggestion, pal.”

 

Seeing the girl’s grin, Davies smiled and shrugged in surrender. “Very well, I can’t stand in the way of someone’s determination, can I? We just have to finish this quicker so our Keeper here could rest sooner. Let’s move, team.”

 

 

.,~:';COF;':~,.

 

 

“She’s grinning,” said Yoona, looking through the binoculars Sooyoung brought.

 

“Huh?”

 

“Kwon is grinning,” repeated Yoona, lowering the tool. “Her smile reached her eyes.”

 

Sooyoung rolled her eyes. “I do wonder what they’re discussing down here, maybe Goldstein’s eye color? Seriously, Yoona. If you can for a second set your hatred towards Yuri aside, that’d be great.”

 

The doe-eyed girl stared as the Ravenclaws mounted their broom again and flew back to the pitch.

 

“I don’t hate her,” she whispered. Sooyoung didn’t heard it this time.

 

 

.,~:';COF;':~,.

 

 

Five minutes after the game was continued, Ravenclaw scored their sixteenth goal. The Quaffle was now in Hufflepuff’s possession, and Yuri eyed them warily—something was off.

 

Goldstein soared high in the sky, Clearwater following suit, circling the pitch to watch out for Snitch. When Yuri caught Jargodzky’s movement, she quickly understood what happened. Hufflepuff’s Beaters were practically chasing the Bludgers, while Hufflepuff’s Chasers passed the Quaffle between them, dragging the time.

 

Yuri knew it too well.

 

They were attempting Potter’s Plough.

 

She felt dry as she attempted a swallow. She heard her body’s protests as her brain simulated a plan to fail the Potter’s Plough.

 

Boss, it’s dangerous!

 

Goldstein made a dive, and Jackson’s excited voice spoke again. Applebee and the others moved with the Quaffle, Jargodzky keeping tabs with one of the Bludger.

 

Boss! Boss! Don’t do anything foolish!

 

Yuri saw out from the corner of her eye that Clearwater already followed the Hufflepuff’s Seeker. It’s real Snitch this time, then, she mused. Her team’s Beaters were too far from the Bludgers, and the Chasers tried to intercept the Hufflepuffs’.

 

What’s so simple about Potter’s Plough was the trick—you basically shot a Quaffle to a certain goalpost, and a Beater hit a Bludger to fly towards the same direction at the same time. The hard part was to get the direction and the timing right for it to be effective. Often times, there was enough gap for the Keeper to intercept the Quaffle as well as avoid the Bludger.

 

Applebee had entered the scoring area, and Yuri braced herself with a deep, (hopefully) calming breath.

 

“APPLEBEE SHOOTS!”

 

Just as Yuri predicted, Jargodzky hit the Bludger with his bat, and the Bludger flew towards the same direction. Yuri observed, and she felt her stomach sank the moment she knew that for once they had both directions right. The Quaffle, if her estimation was right, would reach her first—before the Bludger ploughed an inch above the Quaffle a beat later.

 

“THE HUFFLEPUFFS ARE ATTEMPTING POTTER’S PLOUGH! IT NEVER FAILS SO FAR TO SCORE A GOAL WHEN IT’S CONDUCTED PROPERLY. HOLY MERLIN—sorry, Professor McGonagall—WHAT DAY IS TODAY, GUYS? I DON’T THINK A QUIDDITCH MATCH EVER BEEN THIS BLOODY INTENSE! Oh, I’m not sorry, Professor, you know your heart agrees with me, the awesome Jackson—”

 

Boss, avoid it, it’s okay to lose a goal—

 

Yuri’s brown orbs flickered to the Hufflepuff’s stand—towards a certain person whose position she had marked since the match had been started. Yoona was looking at her intensely. For once worry filled her face, even though Yuri couldn’t see that clear from the distance.

 

Yuri steered her Cleansweep towards the Quaffle and shot towards it.

 

“HOLY MERLIN, KWON! WHAT ARE YOU ATTEMPTING!”

 

She ignored Jackson’s yell, as well as Professor McGonagall’s in the background, her brain worked quickly to fix a position. She only had to avoid the Bludger from hitting her neck. With that speed, it could break her neck easily, and Madam Pomfrey couldn’t revive the dead no matter what potions she had in store.

 

“GOLDSTEIN ALSO MADE A DIVE, HIS HAND STRETCHED OUT—THE SNITCH! I COULD SEE IT!”

 

Her breaths had become shorter as she sped up towards the middle goalpost—where the Quaffle and the Bludger flying towards.

 

“KWON OH MERLIN I DON’T WANT TO SEE THIS! PROFESSOR, COVER! PLEASE COVER MY EYES!”

 

The Quaffle was on her reach, and she kicked it with her right leg, practically jumping of from her Cleansweep. If she could avoid the Bludger and hang onto her broomstick with only her hands—

 

“NOOO! KWON!!”

 

Her estimation failed. A dreaded feeling washed over her the moment her brain confirmed that.

 

The Bludger came faster than she had expected, and it slammed onto her. Hard. She tried to tilt—but the pain was real. The Bludger hit her square on her right collarbone, inches from her neck, and she heard a sickening crack as a great pain assaulted her senses.

 

Boss, hang in there!

 

Letting a choked whimper, she lost her balance from her broom, flipping on the air—and hanging onto her Cleansweep with one hand. Her healthy hand desperately wanted to touch her hurting part, but her neurons told her no, don’t release your hold!

 

“GOLDSTEIN CAUGHT THE SNITCH!”

 

She felt her fingers slowly lost their grip on the Cleansweep, her blurry eyes vaguely identified Davies and MacDougal zooming in.

 

“CLAWS ONE HUNDRED SIXTY, PUFFS ONE HUNDRED FIFTY! RAVENCLAW WINS!”

 

She didn’t hear Goldstein’s scream. Didn’t hear McGonagall’s shriek. She only knew that her gaze traveled to where the Hufflepuff’s stand was, before her fingers gave up, her eyes closed, and she fell.

 

 

.,~:';COF;':~,.

 

 

Yoona felt her heart jumped into as Yuri lost her hold on the broom. Sooyoung had jumped onto her feet and shouted the Ravenclaw’s name, anxious and worry sounded clear.

 

She wanted to yell, too, except that she choked on her tears. Tears spilled from her eyes, blinding her already blurred view the moment Yuri let go. She watched the tanned girl plummeted towards the ground, barely caught by Davies and MacDougal, and suddenly she had shot up from her seat.

 

“Puff Sooyoung,” she said, gripping the taller girl’s arm. “Let’s go.”

 

“Where, Huff?!”

 

“The Hospital Wing,” Yoona shortly replied, and both Hufflepuffs hurriedly left the stand.

 

 

.,~:';COF;':~,.

 

 

“Stupid Jackson and his comments!” spat Goldstein angrily, “I thought Kwon missed the Quaffle because he shouted ‘NO’! I shouldn’t have caught the Snitch!”

 

Turpin glared at the Seeker. “For the love of Merlin, Goldstein, Kwon is injured right now. Can’t you be even more inconsiderate?” he sarcastically said.

 

“What? I’m just saying the truth!”

 

Slap.

 

Goldstein gawked, his cheek stinging as Clearwater glared at him, eyes b with tears.

 

“We will hold onto your bet, Goldstein,” spat Clearwater. “You’re not allowed to be around Im Yoona from now on. Until forever.”

 

“How dare you slap me?!”

 

Slap.

 

“APPLEBEE!” said Goldstein in shock, both cheeks stinging in pain.

 

“You deserve it,” said Applebee coldly. “I know how you treated Yoona. I know your plan to dose Yoona with love potion on your first date. It would never happen, Goldstein. If you attempted to do that, I’ll report you to Headmaster.”

 

Jargodzky regarded his Seeker with a disappointed look. “Our loss shouldn’t be blamed to anyone else but ourselves,” he said. “I don’t care about your personal life, but with that attitude, you won’t go far in life.”

 

Before Goldstein could put everything in piece, both team already turned around and walked towards the Hospital Wing, leaving him behind.

 

 

.,~:';COF;':~,.

 

 

Kwon Yuri opened her eyes slowly, her pupils adjusting to the lack of light in the room. Judging from the ceiling above her, it wasn’t her room. Wasn’t the Great Hall, either, because it wasn’t enchanted to look like the sky or candles floating by themselves.

 

“Oh, you’re awake, Miss Kwon.”

 

Madam Pomfrey popped into her view, and she sighed inwardly.

 

Hospital Wing.

 

“What’s with the sigh, Miss Kwon?” The Queen of Medicine asked, eyes narrowing. “Don’t ever think that I’m happy to see you here, young lady.”

 

“Of course, Madam Pomfrey,” said Yuri obediently. She glanced to her right collarbone, which had been bandaged, stain of blood was visible despite of its original white color.

 

“Your shoulder, Miss Kwon,” said Madam Pomfrey in a business-like tone, “is severely injured. Are you colliding with a giant-sized rock or something—you’re lucky it didn’t reach your neck! Merlin, I couldn’t imagine—“

 

She heard gasps, and it was then that she saw her friends standing behind the school matron. She gave them a small smile, but froze as she found a pair of doe eyes among them.

 

“You will have to be there for three days, Miss Kwon. You’re more than exhausted, and your broken tissues need medical attention.”

 

Yuri gulped and diverted her eyes back to the madwoman Queen of Medicine. “Can't… can’t I take the skeleton-growing potion instead?”

 

“Your bones aren’t vanished, Miss Kwon,” said Madam Pomfrey sternly. “They’re broken, and ripped. Skele-Gro is only effective for vanished bones, and before you suggest me to vanish your bones instead, vanishing bones happen coincidentally. There’s no exact spell as long as I know.”

 

Yuri sighed. She would have to work brutally to cover those three days…

 

“Okay, Madam Pomfrey.”

 

She heard the matron’s rant some more, before the elder woman handed several bottles of potion for her to drink. She had to wince and Madam Pomfrey would roll her eyes, but she got through the vile tastes alive.

 

“Maybe by the vile taste you’ll avoid to be here again!” said Madam Pomfrey as she left with empty bottles, waving away to her friends, signaling that it was ok for them to disturb her patient now.

 

Immediately, her circle of friends surrounded her bed as she lay down her bed again. Yoona stayed at the end of the bed near her feet for some reasons Yuri wouldn’t want to think of, her head bowed down, her hair covering her face.

 

“So,” she said to Taeyeon who came up to her left, “did Ravenclaw win?”

 

“What do you think, huh? After your Kamikaze Kwon, Goldstein caught the Snitch. I never saw Ravenclaws getting that confused—they wanted to cheer but they were horrified watching you fall.”

 

Yuri gave her a small smile. “Kamikaze Kwon?”

 

“Jackson’s label for your suicidal attempt,” said Sooyoung from her right. “OW!”

 

“Don’t joke about things like that, Unnie!” said Seohyun sternly. She turned to the injured girl and smiled in relief as Yuri looked back at her. “The team said sorry they had to leave and couldn’t wait until you wake up. Common room is partying right now—Davies said you wouldn’t want them to be all gloomy when Ravenclaw won.”

 

 “You look unhappy,” teased Yuri. “Davies is right, Seohyun. I’ll hit them with Cheering Charms if they’re all gloomy. I’m ok, really… Only three days vacation with the Queen of Medicine, no biggie.”

 

A small whimper was heard, and Yoona turned her back on them.

 

Yuri looked at the back of the girl, swallowing as she saw those shoulders shook slightly. Taeyeon scratched her neck, Sooyoung and Hyoyeon didn’t even dare to giggle—and Tiffany frowned.

 

“I’m sorry,” the tanned girl muttered.

 

Sooyoung cleared . “Yoona.”

 

Awkwardness descended upon the silence Hospital Wing.

 

“Yooooonaaaaa,” called the taller girl. “Yah, Huff Yoona!”

 

“Shut up, Puff Soo!”

 

“Psh…”

 

Yuri smiled a little at the bickering.

 

“We’re going to leave, Yoong,” said Sooyoung, giving signals to the others with her eyes. “You coming?”

 

Silence.

 

“Or… do you want to talk privately with Yuri?”

 

“Soo,” intervened Yuri weakly. “No need, really…”

 

“No, I do want to,” said Yoona at the same time, “Please leave us alone…”

 

Yuri watched the not-yet-turning-around girl in surprise. The other girls only smiled and shrugged,

 

“Okay, then. Night, Yuri.”

 

“Get well soon, Unnie.”

 

“Bye, Yuwreee.”

 

The girls walked away from the two, exiting the Hospital Wing with rather hurried steps.

 

 

.,~:';COF;':~,.

 

 

Yoona hastily wiped her tears and took several breaths deeply, trying to control her emotions. She heard the bed cracked, and she turned around to see Kwon Yuri trying to sit up by her own.

 

Without thinking, she went to her left side and helped her.

 

“Thank you, Yoona…”

 

Yuri leaned against the headboard of the bed, her brown eyes stared warmly at her while her lips gave her a small smile.

 

Yoona slowly let go of the tanned girl’s left arm, bringing her hands to the edge of the bed, dropping her gaze to her hands.

 

She felt Yuri’s hand touched her forehead, tucking away her hair behind her ear.

 

“You were crying… weren’t you?”

 

“You’re stupid, Yuri…”

 

Yoona lifted her head, wanting to start ranting, but her words halted in when she saw Yuri smiled widely at her.

 

The smile reached her eyes.

 

“I personally think that I’m smart…”

 

Yoona couldn’t help but snorted. “Yeah? Tell me what you got for acting recklessly like that…”

 

“I’m falling and landing in your heart,” whispered Yuri softly, her left fingers slowly moved to poke the younger’s gently. “You called me Yuri again…”

 

Yoona bit her lower lips, feeling her eyes already glistening again.

 

“That’s… not a good reason to risk yourself, Kwon.”

 

Yuri closed her eyes and hummed. “Let’s see… I made Goldstein lost his bet against you?”

 

“Can’t you think more of yourself?” said Yoona, pulling out her hands from the tanned girl’s reach. “I… you were almost die out there!!”

 

Her view was blurred again, and a tear rolled down her cheek.

 

“I calculated, Yoona,” the older girl said. “I wouldn’t die that fast…”

 

“Clearwater told me about your bet,” said Yoona, her lips quivered as more tears spilled from her eyes. Merlin, and here she thought she had done crying…

 

“You… you are seriously the dumbest person I’ve ever met, Yuri…”

 

“I’m just trying to look out for—“

 

“I DON’T NEED ANYONE TO LOOK OUT FOR ME!” yelled Yoona as far as the Hospital Wing’s rule allowed her to. “I… I can look out for myself, dammit!”

 

She heard the bed creaked, and Yuri grunted. Before Yoona could look up, an arm came up to her—looping around her neck and bringing her to the tanned girl’s left shoulder.

 

“Okay, I… won’t look out for you anymore,” whispered Yuri softly to her ear. “Just… please don’t cry?”

 

She felt her heart thumped loudly against her ribcage, and her knees weakened.

 

“She’s gentle, smart, funny, doesn’t freak out from your big appetite, looks out to you, caring, and can make you blush.”

 

“You scared me to death, Yuri…”

 

She felt Yuri’s hand her hair gently. “I’m sorry…”

 

“Why are you playing Quidditch? Why can’t you love more rational sport? What were you thinking, pulling off Kamikaze Kwon like that…”

 

“I was thinking about you…”

 

Yoona laughed weakly to the tanned girl’s shoulder, acutely aware of the warmth her side-hug gave her.

 

“No, really… I just… my eyes just flickered to where you were seated, and… my body acted that way.”

 

Yoona pulled out, her hands wiped her tears as she tried to stifle down her sobs.

 

 

.,~:';COF;':~,.

 

 

Yuri watched the doe-eyed girl trying to compose herself while something in her heart was going around stinging every corner it could find. A question she had for long asked to silence re-surfaced on her mind again…

 

“Yoona… do you hate me?”

 

It came out before she could think of filtering her words.

 

Yoona looked at her, and very slowly, she shook her head. “I… don’t…”

 

Yuri looked down to her lap. “Then, why are you avoiding me this year…?”

 

Yoona bit her lower lips and shook her head.

 

“Please… don’t ask me that.”

 

“You’re avoiding me harder than Gryffindor avoiding Slytherin, Yoona…”

 

“BECAUSE YOU MESS ME UP, OKAY?!” blurted Yoona, her hands came up to cover her face. “You—I can’t do logical things around you! Everything’s confusing… and I can’t stop!”

 

“And when I’m not around you—I can’t do logical things without feeling that it’s wrong! Something… something feels missing, and everything becomes dull. I…”

 

“I’m messed up, okay…”

 

Yuri tried to reach out with her healthy arm, biting back a wince as her body protested…

 

She slowly removed one of the younger’s hand, and intertwined their fingers instead. Leaning back to the headboard and panting from the extra force she exerted, she said,

 

“Yoona… I’m sorely tempted to hit you with a Cheering Charm right now.”

 

Yoona let out a short laugh. “Yeah…”

 

“You know… my father used to tell me that our feelings form a circle… and sometimes we mistake a feeling with its close neighbor in the circle…”

 

Their gaze met, and Yuri smiled at her.

 

“Maybe you actually like me?”

 

If only there had been a mirror in the Hospital Wing, Yoona would see her face reddened in split of seconds…

 

“I…” Yoona croaked, “I…”

 

“I’m just kidding…” laughed Yuri lightly, squeezing their intertwined hands. “Just hearing that you don’t hate me is enough to make me happy…”

 

Before she could continue her words, Yoona leaned in and rested her head on the other’s good shoulder.

 

Thump. Thump. Thump thump. Thump thump. Thump thump thump.

 

“Yoona?”

 

“I…” Yoona swallowed, “Can I… borrow your shoulder for a while?”

 

Yuri smiled. “You can borrow it forever, Yoona…”

 

“Why?”

 

Because I love you.

 

“Just because…” whispered Yuri softly.

 

“Why?” repeated Yoona again, and Yuri smiled to herself. She moved to press a kiss on the younger’s ear,

 

“Because I love you.”

 

 

.,~:';COF;':~,.

 

 

She felt Yuri’s lips on her ear, her blood immediately rushing to that certain nerve, pumping redness…

 

“Because I love you.”

 

Four words. Gently, softly, strongly, sincerely. Those words and the way Yuri said it made her believe that even under Veritaserum the answer wouldn’t change…

 

She pulled out, her eyes roaming around uncertainly as her brain became a mess. She was confused and shocked and… oddly happy?

 

“I… I…”

 

“I just want you to know that,” said Yuri gently. “You don’t have to give me a reply…”

 

“Oh, if you’re talking about the date, I was the one who suggested that to her… and I think you won’t refuse at the end of the day.”

 

“Miss Im? It’s time for you to leave,” announced Madam Pomfrey although the matron didn’t make an appearance.

 

Yoona swallowed, her eyes finally fixed on those brown orbs, and she was taken aback… did Yuri’s eyes always filled with… love? Why did she only notice it now? Why did she felt... flattered? Happy? Butterfly-filled-tummy?

 

“I… need to go…” the Hufflepuff stammered lamely.

 

Yuri nodded, her hand slowly let go of Yoona’s. No no no! Ah… it’s cold again, Yoona heard a voice in her mind complained.

 

“I…” Yoona gulped, her palms suddenly became sweaty. “I… get well soon, Yuri.”

 

“Not Kwon?” asked Yuri in a humorous tone.

 

Yoona let out a smile and shook her head.

 

“I’m sorry if I scare you off today, Yoong…” said Yuri softly. “And thank you for worrying over me.”

 

Yuri was being her usual self, her caring, her looking out for Yoona; her usual, gentle self. Yoona was being her usual clueless self, except that now her head had been out of her , and Sooyoung’s smug words of just see rang in her ears. Before Yoona knew it, her body took over and did what she never did before.

 

She leaned in and pecked the tanned girl’s lips. It was short, people! It only lasted three seconds... and Yoona pulled out, her face burning in embarrassment, but Yuri’s face was glowing red, too, and for once the tanned girl gaped at her…

 

“P—please get well soon… so that… we can go on a date together,” stammered Yoona, bowing repeatedly that her hair flew everywhere randomly.

 

“See you tomorrow, Yul!”

 

And Yoona rushed from there, both hands cupping her cheeks as she tried to refrain herself from exploding with embarrassment—and happiness. Yuri sat there, on her bed, a goofy grin on her lips as she leaned back to the headboard.

 

A date.

 

Both knew they wouldn’t be able to sleep much tonight.

 

 

 

THE END

 

Omake

Behind a big board that was located two meters from Yuri’s bed, six holes were made, three pairs of eyes stared through it, witnessing the drama unfold in front of them.

As Yoona stormed out from the Hospital Wing, practically blushed hard it put lobster to shame, the three stalkers were crouching down, sobbing happily behind the board.

“That dense idiot…” Sooyoung blew to her handkerchief. "Yoona will lose her single status to Yuri... Me approves."

“Don't you think Yuri should change her name to, I don’t know, Kwon Yuljjang or something…”

“Shouldn’t you go to your bed now, Miss Kim and Miss Choi?”

“Please, Madam Pomfrey… we still need to ensure that goofy grin on Kwon’s face will last more than ten minutes…”

“Ten minutes?”

“The duration of a standard Cheering Charm…”

“Oh OK…” Madam Pomfrey looked through her holes, one of her hand holding a wet tissue. “Teenagers these days, so dramatic… even without war looming over their head.”

“Psh, you love it, Madam Pomfrey…”

“Everyone has a trooper inside her, they just haven’t discovered it yet…”

“Trooper?”

“The name of Yoonyul’s shipper…”

“Yoonyul?”

“Yoona and Yuri…”

“Interesting…” the school matron looked through her holes again, watching the Kwon grinning to herself. “They’re lovely.”

“Oh please, Madam Pomfrey,” scoffed Taeyeon, “They’re not lovely. They’re deslovely…”

Sooyoung looked at her Gryffindor buddy weirdly. She hadn't been told about that word before. “Deslovely?”

“Deadly-super-lovely…”

“Kekekekekekeke.”

"Just don't use that word for McGonagall's essay, you two..."

The three continued to creep on the grinning-like-a-madwoman Kwon until Yuri called for Madam Pomfrey, asking if she could go to the bathroom. Sooyoung and Taeyeon slipped out from the Hospital Wing, already ready to tease both of them until the two didn't have a time to think of anything other than their other half.

Yeah... sounded like a great plan indeed.

Merlin approves.

 

 


A/N: By posting this oneshot, I have finally reached my mark of one hundred thousand words in my published YoonYul's fics! Yay me! I sincerely thank you dear readers who make this possible to happen; your support be it subsciptions or upvotes or comments or even views have been and always will be encouraging to me greatly! *bows* Thank you! ^^