Complete

Your Yoghurt

It was night already when she arrived in front of the dorm. Brushing her hair which was covering her gaze, she entered several numbers, the passcode, into the device stuck into the front door. Seconds passed and a beep was heard, the door was opened, and she stepped into the dorm. She pushed it close with her elbow, as well as proceeded to put down her bag into the table when a swirl of dark hair filled her view and she was engulfed into a hug.

 

"Ooof!"

 

“Unnie!”

 

The sky outside had changed from bright to dark as the day dragged into an end, yet for Kwon Yuri her day had just started.

 

A smile made its way to her tired lips as the voice she longed to hear entered her eardrums. “Hi, Yoong," she greeted back, returning the hug.

 

Yoona pulled back and frowned seeing the older girl's tiredness. "You overwork again," she said.

 

"I don't," replied Yuri.

 

"You do."

 

"Do not."

 

"You do."

 

Yuri laughed lightly. "No I don't. I'm working all the same as I was yesterday."

 

Yoona reached for her hand and pulled her to walk. "That means you also worked too hard yesterday," she replied. "And you said I was the hardworking one..."

 

Yuri didn't reply. They walked through the dining room and the kitchen, making their way upstairs, passing several rooms in their journey—all had its door closed. In front of a room with a wooden sign 'YY' hung on its door, they stopped.

 

Yoona turned around to face her, worry apparent in her face.

 

"What?" the tanned girl asked, smiling in amusement.

 

"Are you sleepy, unnie?" asked Yoona, biting her lower lips. "You look tired. Is it better for you if we sleep now?"

 

"You want us to watch Toy Story tonight, remember," reminded Yuri gently.

 

"But you're tired," said Yoona, pouting. "Taeyeon unnie will murder me if you fall sick because we're watching Woody and friends." Then, under her breath she added, "That is if I haven't murdered myself yet."

 

Yuri tilted her head slightly to the left, pondering the situation. Yoona had wanted to watch the movie for a while now, and while Sooyoung and Hyoyeon were available most of the time, she had insisted to wait to watch it with her. But the younger was right; she was way too tired today, and as much as she recharged from seeing Yoona again, her body still screamed for bed.

 

Yoona was watching the older girl quietly, strangely aware of the pros and cons taking place in Yuri's mind at the moment.

 

"Yoong, I..."

 

"That's it," cut Yoona quickly, "bed, it is."

 

"Huh?" said Yuri, blinking. "I was going to say that..."

 

"I'm very much aware of what you're going to say, unnie." Yoona shook her head and looked at her with a frown. "You were going to say that you're okay and that sure you're sleepy but you can bear another two hours without sleeping, but I know you better than that. Let's just sleep."

 

"I... okay?" said Yuri finally, stopping herself from arguing, knowing that she had lost this round when her brain refused to back her up with an argument. She let Yoona open the door to their room, let her pull them inside, vaguely aware of the younger closing back the door behind them as they walked to dimmed room. Silently, they got into the beds, Yuri crawling to the center of the joined beds first and Yoona following suit. Their eyes met briefly as she extended her arm, and Yoona slowly lay down in her arm.

 

"I'm sorry we have to postpone Woody," she whispered when Yoona had settled in her arms.

 

Yoona reached for her other arm and put it around her waist, humming. "It's okay, unnie. Woody won't go anywhere."

 

"Thank you," she said in a low voice.

 

"Whatever for?"

 

Yuri shifted to press her lips against the younger's forehead briefly. "For waiting for me. For being so understanding. For being my sensible part when I'm too tired to think clearly. For being my brake when I'm going too fast."

 

Yoona snorted, although the skin where Yuri's lips had been earlier sent a tingling feeling to her brain. "You need every brakes in this world to stop you from dashing forward, unnie. Seriously, stop working too hard... think of yourself and try to enjoy the moment."

 

Yuri hummed. The tiredness from earlier started clawing on every inch of her body as her brain flashed signals of sleepiness.

 

"Do you know why I can't 'slow down and enjoy the moment' at work?" she whispered through the heaviness that tugged on her eyes.

 

"Hmm?"

 

Silence greeted Yoona's short response, and the younger began to wonder if Yuri had drifted off to sleep.

 

"It's because you're not here," came the soft answer. "I... feel alive when you're here."

 

She felt Yoona snuggled closer, and she tightened her embrace.

 

"Alive?"

 

"Complete."

 

"But you look like you can fall dead anytime earlier," Yoona pointed out.

 

She chuckled into the younger's hair. "Physically, yes... but my soul, it recharged from seeing you. It has been sleeping through my work, and only wakes up again when I meet you."

 

"That's too cheesy for me to handle!" whined Yoona jokingly, making a move as if to untangle herself from Yuri's embrace. Of course the older girl didn't allow that to happen—and only tightened her embrace even more. She tickled the younger's waist, resulting Yoona to break into giggles and squirm against her.

 

"Unnie, stop! It—tickles! Haha!"

 

"Not before you take your words back!"

 

"But it's really—*gasps*—cheesy! Unnie, stop!"

 

"No!"

 

"Unnie!"

 

When the fingers finally stopped, Yoona gasped for breath, slumping against the older girl after her energy had been wasted by squirming and laughing.

 

"You're... evil," accused Yoona in between her breaths.

 

Yuri chuckled and ruffled her hair. "And you're too cute, my dear Yoong."

 

"I'm tired," whined Yoona weakly. "Hug me."

 

Yuri complied, holding the younger close to her, her hand absently wiping the sweats from the younger's temple and forehead. Yoona still tried to catch her breath regularly, hot air from her exhales swept around the older's neck as she snuggled closer.

 

"I love you, unnie," she whispered when her breath had been even.

 

"I love you too," whispered Yuri softly.

 

"Just don't work too hard tomorrow so you have the energy to live the night with me," scolded Yoona with the sternest voice she could afford.

 

Yuri grinned, leaning in to press a chaste kiss on the unsuspecting girl's lips. She pulled back and smiled when she noticed the blush on Yoona's cheek.

 

"Yes, Ma'am."

 

Yoona only grunted in response and snuggled to her, burying her face right under the older's chin to hide her blush. Yuri smiled and kissed the crown of her head, sleepiness starting to kick her brain again. She surrendered this time, letting her tired body succumb into sleep. As her eyes began to flutter close, she felt Yoona shift against her again.

 

"And unnie?"

 

"Hmm?" she responded, eyes half-lidded.

 

"You complete me too," confessed Yoona in a whisper. "Good night."

 

Her brain buzzed with warmth as a smile made its way to her lips. "Good night," she whispered back, her eyes fluttered once more as the last of her awake cell in her brain operated, sending an electric pulse to her. You are loved, Kwon Yuri, so have a good night.

 

Silence enveloped the room as its occupants knocked against the dream's door fondly, drifting from the reality to greet each other in their sleep. Oh, they knew they would find the other in their dreams too; it's only logical. They worked that way. The door to their dreams opened, welcoming them, each ready to greet their best dream ever.

 

 

THE END