Chapter Nine: Achilles Heel

Love Me Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chapter Nine[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

Chapter Nine

“I love you.”

The line ended. Sehun sensed something bad which cause him to dash towards the rooftop—it’s the only place that Soojung loves.

His shoe clacked and made contact on the marble floor while his heart is palpating hard. And as he ran, ‘what ifs’ started to form in his mind. What if she’s depressed? What if she’s going to kill herself?

When he opened the door of the rooftop, he immediately went to Soojung's direction, who, at any moment, is going to fall if she will add some extra movements.

“Soojung!”

Tears fell from Soojung's eyes as she took a little step forward, reaching her zenith.

“It's now or never,” she exhaled and closed her eyes, remembering her memories, the happy and sad.

She put her right foot onto the pit and extended her arms open. Here she is, ready to face her end, to end her life.

Before Soojung could end her life by trying to suicide, his hero came into place—the same thing he always do. He grabbed her hand tightly as his eyes started to swell up.

“What are you doing?!” Soojung asked, angrily. “This is not the solution to everything, Soojung!”

“What now? You're gonna act like you know everything but in reality you don't?!”

She cried, “This is the only way to escape from the pain of the past. Please, let go.”

“Soojung I thought you were strong.”

“I’ve been strong for too long—coping up for the changes that happened ever since I did a revamp.”

Sehun tried his best to move her away from her end and dragged her far, far away from it. “Soojung, please,” Sehun pleaded. She tried everything to break free away from him but she was weak to do the task.

“Not only for us, but also for you,” He added, “Please, Soojung, please. Do not kill yourself. It won’t help you.”

 

xx

 

“All I wanna be, all I ever wanna be, yeah, yeah,” he hummed. “Is somebody to you,”

“Everybody’s tryna be a billionaire. But every time I look at you I just don’t care.”

The soft cheery guy Soojung’s hair with a much affectionate manner. He was staring straight to his porcelain that he was very careful to take care of the past few years. “Take care of her—I’m sorry for being this long to show up.” the drummer apologized.

“That is my biggest mistake.” he added. “I want to give my biggest apology to everyone who took care of her.” he muttered in such a heavy tone. “I’m.. sorry…”

Baekhyun ran circles around the drummer’s back while scanning his features. He’s an epitome of perfection, but at the same time, destruction. He’s a man that every girl dreamed of. He has everything.

“Hyung,” Jongin started. “What happened?”

He sighed. “If it wasn’t for that girl who will be fixed to me, I wouldn’t be here.” he grumpily stated. “You’re getting married?!” Sehun asked, shocked.

“Minhyuk hyung, really?!” Jongin repeated. “Lower your tone down,” he suggested. “Before I start speaking,” He added.

The four looked at Soojung peacefully. “Hey, if you won’t mind, can you give us some alone time before we move on to Minhyuk hyung’s topic?” Everyone looked at Jongin who was closing his eyes, nervous of the answer.

Baekhyun gave Sehun and Minhyuk a look which they agreed later on. Minhyuk and Baekhyun started to walk towards the door, while Sehun was walking behind. Silence filled the air after the three left. When Jongin was about to speak, Sehun opened the door and peaked through it.

“Hey, ugly guy, don’t do anything bad to her.” He hastily stated before giving them the final privacy.

And as usual, Jongin would hold Soojung’s hand—it was his manner to hold Soojung’s hands wherever they are. “Here I go again, I’m starting to love you for the nth time. And now, I’m back to square one.” he chuckled while staring at another epitome of perfection.

“I’m gonna go confess, Soojung.” he started. “I’m here to show my love for you—I don’t care if you won’t return it back since, Sehun…” He shook his head before regaining his proper etiquette and posture.

Jongin cleared his throat before standing up and pushed aside some hair from her face. “You’re beautiful, very beautiful…” He grinned before sitting beside her. “Soojungie,”

“My darling,” He smiled at his endearment. “Remember the time you told me that you hate the ‘darling’ endearment since it sounds ‘ew’? I even called you ‘darling’ to wake you up from your light sleep.”

“So this how we met: we bumped to each other, our eyes met, and then you fainted.” he showed her a worried look. “I was really—what do you call it—weird that time when we bumped then you fainted.”

“The moment I saw you…” he scratched his nape. “Why am I even confessing?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter