The Mirror

High School Gangs

If you recall, it's still the same day as the procession. But they've gone home after that to calm their parents' nerves.

(And guess what, Sehun is appearing in the next chapter!)

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Tris sat down slowly, careful that the bed did not creak. She thought about what she said to Kris the jerk.

 

She had called him a "Mama's Boy", just because he was returning home instead of going off with his mates. What about you, Tris? Aren't you a goody-goody girl too? She smiled painfully, her mother was all she had. She looked around her. At the yellowish, peeling walls, the door with rusty hinges, the bed stand in which rust was about to burn a hole through, and the wooden desk, half-eaten away. She picked up some of her meagre possessions, passing them through her hands delicately.

 

A mirror. She looked at her face. It was a small and pretty face. Big eyes, long lashes, a high nose bridge and full lips.

 

But she also the strands of baby hair falling across her face, the purplish-black eyebags, the way her cheekbones and jawline shows too much, and the lack of colour in her lips. She saw the blood vessels in the pair of eyes that were staring back at her, dry from crying every night, so much she had no more tears to spill. She put it down on the thin bedsheet beside her.

 

A ring. At this a lump formed in . She wanted to cry, but no tears came. She was devoid of feelings, grim lips pressed tight permanently. It was her father's wedding ring. When he had ran away, leading the thugs that were after him away from her mother and her, he had hurriedly passed it to her.

 

She didn't understand then. She had only been 5. 7 years has passed since then, and in this 2 years, her mother and her had finally settled down here. She kept in back in a small red box.

 

She looked at her phone. This time she felt nothing. It wasn't rightfully hers. She had stolen it, picked it from a fine young lad who was begging his mum to buy a new phone for him. She preferred to think she was doing him a favour.

 

She kept her stuff and remembered about the sword suddenly. Ugh! Why did I put it there?! She recalled that she had stuffed it under a tree in school. What a secure place to put it Tris. There was still 15 minutes to 6.30am when she would usually leave for school. But her gut feel told her she needed to act right then before someone took it away.

 

Tris shut the door, standing in the lonely street. There were a number of cars on the road, and some pedestrians minding their own business as they walked along, but no Kris.

 

Tris smiled, seeing him was tiring. And it always got her into trouble. Unknowingly her hand has reached . The mouth that kept shooting off whenever Kris was near. I will shut up. I cannot afford to get into any more trouble that might cause me to be dragged out and disappear forever. She thought of the brave little girl who had been dragged out earlier that morning for resisting against Kris', and sighed grimly.

 

She walked hastily to school, keeping to the shadows the trees cast when the flickering yellow street lamps shone down from above, trying to be unnoticeable. She entered the school gate, where a few girls were hanging about, smoking. (Rolls eyes) Not cool, you smelly-breathed b****es.

 

She found an opening in the bushes and slipped in to the trees, sixth sense guiding her as she walked to the tree she had put her precious knife under. She brushed some dried leaves away and stuck her hand in without a second thought. Her suspicions were confirmed. It was gone.

 

She pulled her empty hand out and swore colourfully. I can't lose it. I can't! It. Is. Mine. And nobody's gonna take it from me. She surveyed the school compounds and narrowed her eyes.

 

Not even you. Oh. Se. Hun.

 

 

Ready for Sehun's fluffiness????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

PLease upvote or subscribe if you liked it:P A kind comment would be greatly appreiated too!