The First Dawn

High School Gangs

Some background Story first>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>INCOMING FLUFF[Kris] IN CHAP 2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

 

 

 

 

Friday

 

Tris certainly had some thinking to do. The past three days had passed by with more orientation. Next Monday, they would have to make their choice.

 

Most girls went to Dark Beauty, while the boys were evenly split between Sehun and Kris's gang. Tris had decided long ago to join Dark Beauty. But then, the prospect of being a messenger didn't seem too bad, aside it requiring lots of talking to different people, which didn't seem to fit in with Tris.

 

After school ended, Tris sat on the swing, sorting things out. The sky was turning dark and she was just about to leave when she heard crunching of leaves.

 

Her survival instincts kicked in and without looking, she knew there were two sets of approaching feet on her right. Mapping out the school in her brain, she realised she was beside the basketball court- Kris's territory.

 

Her face fell.

 

Earlier that week......

 

 

[In Tris' point of view]

Expressionless, I walk in to my new High School, Teresa High School (THS), more well-known as Terror High. It doesn't matter where I study really. I applied for the school nearest to home- a rundown rented shophouse. 

 

I stop in the middle of the hall. All around me is excited chatter and brightly-lit faces, but they are in another world different from mine, a world I had once known, but learnt to forget.

 

Terror High got its name precisely because of its 5 big gangs. I, only daughter of single mother-Beatrice, know this of course. And as a girl who grew up hungry and wary, I am determined not to be the odd-one out.

 

Terror High also has a reputation for students who drop out of school, usually those socially awkward ones who don't fit in, or didn't learn the ways fast enough. Even those that had been sound would not be, when they drop out of school.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Welcome!" the principal spoke, looking not the least bit better than the students- stocky, towering, vicious. "We expect you to be disciplined at all times and refrain from fighting, bullying or using of vulgarities."

 

The word "refrain" rippled around the mass of students, some snickering, others laughing out loud.

 

I observe the principal as she spoke. She had a fearsome frame, biceps (aka fats) bulging, a body as huge as a tree trunk, and wore clothes with sharp edges. Like an evil stepmother. Yet in her stern glare there is a hint of tiredness. She has no control over them.

 

After the lengthy speech that bored everyone half to death, the student leaders who were assigned to the classes arrived. I've heard they are called messengers, tasked to  explain the different gangs and their ways to newbies, have no fixed gang and are free to roam about the territories without being harmed.

 

"Hi, class 1-12. Firstly, you need to understand that there will soon be no connection amongst you. Nobody will be bonded by the label, 'Class 1-12'. Instead, you will be grouped by gangs. Any sign of friendliness towards another gang can and usually, will be seen as betrayal. Every gang has their rules. Violators will be dealt with."

 

"There are two main gangs for boys, and as for girls, who tend to bicker more(Hey that's not true), there are three. I'll now bring you to their respective territories. Where we are standing ( the hall), is owned by no one. This is where the gangs meet once a month in peace to discuss matters. A rule passed down for generations, there should never be fighting in this hall where there should only be peace."

 

As if she had casted a spell on them, the students suddenly quietened down. I prefer not to be associated with them geeks, so I will call them them. The thin and tall messenger walks swiftly and silently down a flight of stairs, bringing them to the canteen.

 

"This is Poison Rose's territory. Currently, the strongest girl gang here. The basketball court just over there," she lifted a finger slightly towards the left of the canteen, "belongs to Kris. aka the boy that every girl gushes over."

 

Its strange, because the messenger keeps a steel poker face as she says that. " The indoor sports hall on the third floor is owned by Dark Beauty, the gang that branched off from Poison rose three years ago due to a dispute, which led to a revolution."

 

 I knew about that, it was in the papers. That was when the nickname Terror High and its rumours spread like wildfire. But still, Poison Rose and Dark Beauty. Could they think of worst names?

 

"After both sides suffered heavy losses, they decided to break off. Though Poison rose is currently number one, Dark Beauty is gaining popularity. The last gang which is the minority, is a compilation of those who do not fit in but are still hanging in there. They are called the Nameless. They generally are left alone but will listen to other gangs and sometimes do stuff for them too. The soccer pitch belongs to Sehun. Flower Boy number 2." Mmhmm, what stuff I wonder.

 

At last, they are brought to their classrooms. With a nod and the words, "You have one week to decide" the messenger left, just as quickly as she had come.

 

Gingerly, the students walk into the classroom, walls decorated with a wide array vulgarities and... threats. Dried blood stains a corner off the classroom, emiting a faint stench. Tables and chairs were messily arranged in rows and columns, many lying on its side or overturned.

 

As I glance out of the window, I see a corner of the corridor occupied by broken chairs, tables, lamps. Quietly I slip out of class and walk coser to inspect. Amongst the furniture are broken table legs. Bloodied table legs. Swallowing, I return to class.

 

 

Remember to vote, subscribe and comment to show your support. Thanku! (even though I think this chapter is the worst out of all)

I know there's not much interesting parts here but as I said, a little background!

MORE FLUFF IN THE NEXT CHAPTER>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

where KRIS and his sidekicks- KAi + D.O., comes in!

There will be a continuation to the starting scene where 2 guys are walking towards Tris.

Note: Sehun only appears in 6th Chapter and after---> Never Owe Guys A Favour

Encouraging comments will be greatly appreciated!;D