The Battle

High School Gangs

For quick progress of events... I skipped Tris and Sehun's date. Hope you don't mind. Added in the last part still.

 

Their uneventful dinner led them to the park.

 

It was pretty much deserted, and Sehun boldly slipped his hand into Tris'. She jerked involuntarily.

 

It's okay. He's just holding your hand. But it reminded her that the last time a man had held her hand, it had been her dad. Her legs went weak, and stealing this chance, Sehun wrapped his arms around her to support her.

 

Tris looked up at his handsome face. Underneath the pale moonlight, his skin glowed. Could he be any more attractive?

 

It took her a while to realise that his eyelids were drooping and that he was leaning in on her. Is he going to kiss me? she wondered. Or is he just falling asleep like I am right now? Or are we both dreaming?

 

It was all very relaxing but she knew she had to snap out of it soon. Lightly she pushed him away. "What are you doing, Sehun?"

 

Sehun opened his eyes and paused just long enough to say, "Kissing you."

 

For some reason Tris thought that very funny and she rolled out of his arms, chuckling. "Nice answer."

 

Just then her phone rang. Jessie? It was a message.

 

School. Now.

 

Her heart pumped faster. "Gotta go," she clucked at Sehun before sprinting to school.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It didn't seem to be something simple. She was met with a few other members of Dark Beauty, all racing towards the gates, as she set foot on the stretch of road leading to school. She smiled as she ran alongside them. She didn't know when it started, but sometimes, at times like this, she felt that special sense of belonging. Where she never felt. Maybe that's why people are always joining gangs.

 

Dark Beauty was frequently represented with black, and the girls around her were all dressed in black, jackets tied around their waists, black hoodies, black boots. Tris herself had on a black tank top and dark coloured jeans. She felt more than comfortable in them, despite the chilly wind stinging her shoulders.

 

The moving group seemed to grow as they arrived at the stairwell, racing up to the indoor sports hall. Every minute more girls, clad in black, joined them, racing alongside. Unknowingly, Tris was running at the front, footsteps close behind her. She jogged into the indoor sports hall, greeted by the sight of Jessie, standing tall before CL and rows and rows of Poison Rose members.

 

Seeing that, members of Dark Beauty naturally fanned out behin their leader. As Tris stood beside Jessie, at the front, she noticed the girls standing on the other side carrying weapons. They hid them well in pockets and tucked deep into their boots. But still, Tris saw. And it occurred to her. This might be the first, and last time she would fight alongside the ranks of these other girls.

 

She didn't know what was happening. But she heard the leaders talking and Kris was mentioned. Jessie snapped back something about misusing her authority and innocent lives lost. CL said something about her being a flirt and her last word was "attack".

 

At that everything changed. 2 sides charged. War has begun.

 

By a miracle, no one had targeted Tris. She stood beside CL and Jessie and stared as CL whipped a knife out of her back pocket, driving it at Jessie's shoulder. She knew why. The attack was just a show of power, CL didn't really want anybody dead.

 

Seeing that she couldn't win, Jessie pushed CL off and raced across the hall into some room below the spectators stand. CL picked herself up and followed behind, in hot pursuit. The gears in her mind spun before she suddenly recalled that there was another door to that room on the other side of the stands. She raced over and entered the room.

 

Because that door was nearer, she entered it before Jessie did from the other side, earning herself a few seconds to calculate her actions. She picked up a metal bar lying around and felt its weight. Satisfied she squated down behind some wooden crate in the darkness of the store room.

 

She heard the other door burst open as Jessie raced towards her blindly. Tris in a deep breath. Its for the future good of everyone.

 

When Jessie got close enough she swung the metal bar down, just hard enough to make her fall down, and not cause any serious harm. She winced at the sound of metal connecting with her skull.

 

Jessie fell to the ground, bewildered and stumbling as she struggled to stand. Her heart palpitated as she heard the footsteps of CL drawing close. "No..." she murmured weakly. She just felt the cold blade of a knife graze her shoulder when it clanged to the ground. She could hear CL groaning in pain beside her. "What the-" she started.

 

But a strong arm grabbed her from behind without a word and dragged her out of the room. Once they were out and in the light, Jessie whipped around to look at her saviour. "Who are you?" She asked breathlessly, looking at the brown-haired girl before her.

 

"Tris." The latter replied.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The people around them, seeing that it was Jessie that emerged from the battle unharmed, cheered and passed the message around. Moments later, CL staggered out, blood running down her temple. Seeing that their leader has fallen, Poison Rose quickly drew back and retreated. Like a family of frightened rats they scurried off and out of the hall.

 

Amidst the cheering and running, people also noticed a girl standing beside Jessie, her hands bloodied. Where she walked people made way. A few more daring ones patted her on the back.

 

"Tris."

 

Her name was tried like a food, repeated again and again, getting the feel of the name. People glanced at each other, knowing that Tris wasn't one to be messed with.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soon after, Tris was elected as another right-hand man of Jessie, and leader of people in Year 1.

 

An emergency meeting was called on Saturday night. The leaders sat around the hall, a corner each, flanked by their right-hand men. It was not to be attended by all members. Tris bit her lip nervously at the sight of all the high-ranked leaders. Amongst them, her position was one of the smallest.

 

Sehun, being the only one uninvolved in the dispute, spoke first. He cleared his throat before standing up. "Er, yes."

 

He surveyed the scene. CL was shooting daggers at him. He swallowed before continuing, "So there was a dispute yesterday and I think someone has an explanation to do." He sat back down.

 

Half a minute passed, CL didn't seem to bear any intention to speak. Impatiently Jessie summed it up in one sentence. "Basically she was misusing her authority for personal benefits, such as relationship problems."

 

Tris noticed that she took care not to mention Kris. Kris smiled and stood up. "Let us then begin on another matter."

 

Being the only one kept in the dark, Sehun attempted to protest, but was silenced as Kris continued on firmly.

 

"Right now there is a stretch of land between the soccer pitch and basketball court. Rightfully, it has always been mine. Of course, I understand that we are all in the same school, and there is a need to share facilities, thus I have always allowed people of other gangs, especially Sehun's, to move to and fro my territory."

 

He paused to eye Sehun, who stared back nonchalantly, lips pressed tightly together. "However, these days, I have received complaints of Sehun's gang shooing my people off that land. I had not wanted to stir up trouble, for the land was never mentioned in our territories but had naturally been thought to be mine."

 

"But it seems there is a need for that now. And I believe it should be mine, since the soccer pitch is much larger than my basketball court. Shall we conduct a voting?" he didn't phrase it like a question though.

 

His right-hand men started shouting out their votes one by one.

 

"Kris!"

 

"Kris."

 

"Kris!"

 

"Sehun!" someone from Poison Rose called.

 

It soon was Jessie's turn. Tris realised in horror that she was the last one to vote. She hoped with all the hope she had left that she wouldn't need to make the deciding vote. She did her sums and realised Jessie just needed to vote for Sehun and her own vote wouldn't matter.

 

But... "Kris." Jessie called out.

 

Tris sighed, of course she would vote for him.

 

Someone said it was 18:18 now.

 

She breathed out raggedly. She had long thought the land was rightfully Kris'. But Sehun's favour? She didn't want him saying she still owed him. She dared not glance at Kris as she said softly, "Sehun."

 

That ended the meeting. The land was now Sehun's, even though he still needed to share it amongst other students. 

 

As they exited the hall, Sehun brushed past Tris. "Geez, thanks for that."

 

She didn't reply. She just felt like punching him in the gut. For making her regret her choice right then and there.

 

All of a sudden it dawned on her that she would still be walking home with Kris. Damn.

 

How will I face him?

 

Hey, really sorry for this overdue chapter. But exams are finally over. Yes!!! This chapter seems sort of cut off suddenly right? Sawry... I just couldn't wait to post it but at the same time I need to sleep. Will have the next chapter ready soon:D

Just subscribe~