The Dark Ceremony

High School Gangs

SOME ANGSTY VIOLENCE BUT LOOK FORWARD TO THE NEXT CHAPTER (MAMA'S / PAPA'S BOY KRIS)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Air held still as everyone held their breath in anticipation of what the girl was about to do.

 

Holding her samurai sword with trembling hands she made a small incision on her forearm, a small gasp escaping from her lips. Her pale face lighting up slightly as a small drop of blood dripped onto the cloth in front of Jessie, Dark Beauty's leader.

 

Standing behind her, Jessie narrowed her eyes with distaste. "Such cowardice," she muttered.

 

The girl drew her hands in slowly and tried to stand on her wobbly legs, but Kris stepped in just then to slam the sword right down so that it went deep into her arm.

 

"Set a good example!" he hollered. The girl let out an ear-splitting cry as she crumbled to the ground, limp as Jessie's sidekicks stepped forward to help her up.

 

Tris shuddered, she doubted the girl would be able to keep her hand after that. As the initial shock passed, her eyes travelled to Kris, who stood folding his arms, an air of smugness around him, and her blood boiled. She felt her pulse rate rising, muscles tensing as she vowed silently to end this brutal practice someday.

 

Out of the blue from a far corner of the hall, a small voice yelled, "STOP!"

 

A thousand heads turned to the source of the stupidest word to say at that moment, to find a small-sized girl whose head just peeked out above the rest when she was standing.

 

No. Immediately the two idiots Tris recognized as D.O. (what a stupid name) and Kai (weird and uncool) stepped up to drag the helpless girl away, amost lifting her off her feet. Stupid girl.

 

Tris watched on, unfeeling as others swallowed down lumps in their throats. Growing up in the underworld, she has seen one too many of that. But to the girl whose lips remained pressed together in determination as she was dragged out of view, Respect.

 

The road to learning the ways of the gangs was long and treacherous, but they have witnessed the true power and brutality of the leaders today. And Tris was determined not to be the one to trip and fall.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rest of the procession carried on somewhat smoothly, aside from the boy with a chopper bursting into tears and being kicked of the stage. Literally. She supposed he would belong to the oddities. But even they did not come forward to help. Only staring as he limped towards them. 

 

 

Another stocky boy who didn't seem to have much going on in his head smashed his kitchen knife into arm without a second thought, possibly severing his arm and causing his blood to spray across the stage in pulses as his heart beat frantically.

 

Tris watched in mild amusement as Kris the "tough guy" shifted behind Sehun "unnoticeably", whose thin lips tilted down in digust.

 

Finally the time came when Tris had to make her choice. The hall seemed to fall silent as she drew her intricate mini-sword, ascending up the stairs calmly.

 

The beautifully decorated sword was given to her by her late father, before he was brutally murdered by a fellow drug-dealer who had also taken away millions of dollars her father had earned from selling his fine drugs. The fact that she and her mother was alive though, was a miracle in itself. Perhaps it was why she cared for her mum so much, knowing she had almost lost her, and could still lose her any moment.

 

Kris eyed her from the side of his eyes, a distasteful sneer forming. Who does he think he is? Tris thought as she pulled the sleeve of her white blouse back. Being so smug.

 

I'm gonna show him. She turned her arm around, revealing ugly scars that lined the bottom of her forearm, dark memories of her depressing childhood, if she even had one. Swiftly she made a clean cut on the tender white skin, horrible memories flashing back as blade broke her skin.

 

Her head swimmed a little, but she refocused her vision on her arm and the cloth beneath it, walking away as soon as the first trail of blood oozed out of the cut, staining Dark Beauty's cloth dark red. Kris' face darkened visibly as Jessie nodded in admiration.

 

Tris strode to the group of girls who chose Dark Beauty. Someone moved closer to her, speaking in a soft voice. "Quite a stupid gang name they chose, isn't it?" She didn't say it like a question.

 

Tris glanced to her side. It was a fairly tanned girl about her height whose hair was tied up in a high ponytail. She didn't look at Tris as she spoke, her eyes fixated on the stage, lips pressed together solemnly. She saw a slight resemblance to Sehun, but she has learned that keeping your mouth shut was always the better option.

 

She's here because she has no choice. thought Tris. Like me.

 

YEP. Lots of violence. More FLUFFY CANDY in the next chap!

Seems like I'm writing one chap angst then one chap fluff. :P

I would be greatly pleased to reply any comments at all:D

So please give my story a vote and subscribe if you enjoyed it>,<

If you didn't, feel free to make a constructive or encouraging comment!