Chapter 3

Distinctive Identities

Chapter Three


"Hold on, I'm going somewhere for a while," Na Ri informed Cho Rim, who was currently engrossed in catching up with some other other girls. Na Ri, on the other hand was already getting bored while watching them chatting continuously about make-up. Na Ri wasn't that close to them even though Cho Rim had introduced them to her. They were just aquaintances but Cho Rim was pretty close with them, considering the fact that they were all childhood friends. It was until Na Ri's eyes caught the familiar figure walking away from the canteen, her mind snapped as a bulb was lighted.

"Where are you heading to?" Cho Rim managed to hold onto her arm before she could dash off. "Just somewhere. I'll be back." Na Ri shrugged her off before removing her hand and brisk-walking to catch up with the guy.

It wasn't like her personality to stalk people  Na Ri having known that herself  but she was way too astounded to find out that he was from her school. Damn. Where did he go? Na Ri reached the corridoor as she turned and glanced around, scanning every area. It was quite a shock to her to realize that she has indeed, also got herself involved with someone in her school outside. She was frustrated by that fact but it was just a tiny bit. Also, it intrigues her even more to find out that he was from her school.

Because she certainly had no idea he existed in her school.

Just before she was about to walk off, the classroom she passed by made her stop in her steps. Gotcha. She grinned triumphantly to herself as she eyed him from outside of the classroom from the window. There he was  sitting at the back corner while he had his ear phones plugged in his ears as he was reading a book.

She nearly laughed while she saw the book in his hand, holding in her laughter as her hand covered . She made sure he stayed there before reaching for the door.

Confidently, she marched in his classroom as she made her way to his table. Many students in the classroom had already started buzzing and chattering as her ears heard may whispers. "What is she doing here?" One student elbowed her friend as she blurted that question loudly. Na Ri ignored those questions before she stopped in front of the guy's table, looking at him.

"Why didn't you send a message or call me?" Na Ri asked straight-forwardly. She didn't mind about other students commenting how ty or y her question sounded. She was actually planning to mock and since everyone in the school were tricked by his image in school. Figuring out no one knew his real identity that she hooked up with last night, she wanted to play with him for a bit. 

"Excuse me?" Jongin asked back, looking appalled. He was still holding onto his book but he averted his gaze to her, giving her an unfamiliar look from head to toe. Trying to play dumb I see. The students all began to gossip as the buzzings grew louder after Na Ri asked him that question. Na Ri chuckled when she heard his answer, feeling even more sure that it was him last night. Looking at him from up close, he did look exactly the same.

"You should have saved your number in my phone or something," Na Ri continued to goad him, pretending to smile as she took another step closer to him. He stayed motionless while he looked back at her, indeed bemuddled by this sudden situation. To provoke him even more, Na Ri lifted her hand and touched his cheek as she smirked. The noises grew louder as even students from other classes were watching from outside through the windows. 

Jongin harshly removed her hand as he gripped tightly onto her wrist, causing her to be flustered by his actions. He had a derided expression on his face as he stared at her with those dark orbs. "What are you talking about?" he asked, obviously unhappy about how Na Ri had gained so much attention and caused a commotion. He loathed attention.

Na Ri opened to say something but she couldn't when he continued.

"If you have the time to do all these, why not go and study? I don't know what you're talking about," Jongin scoffed before throwing her hand away, his eyes travelling back to his book as he tried to continue reading as if nothing happened. Everyone was crowding around them as they muttered among one another. Na Ri felt a flame blazing in her upon hearing his words. Having just insulted her in front of everyone about her academics, she was indignant about that alright. Being smart doesn't mean he can insult others.

Na Ri breathed in to soothe herself, afterwards exhaling out as she folded her arms. She bit her lips and rolled her eyes before crouching down so that she was at his eye level. She stared at him intensely before suspiring in. "Are you playing dumb with me?" she raised a brow, crinkling one eye while looking at him. Jongin stole a glance at her because she was only less than a meter away from him. 

Hearing her words, he disregarded her words as his eyes were fixed back on his book. He even flipped another page as the tensed atmosphere in the classroom was so silent you could hear a pin drop. Na Ri clucked her tongue and wet her lips, nodding to herself as she pretended to understand that he didn't want to ruin his goody-two-shoes image in school. 

"Oh I remembered! So that was the reason..." Na Ri pouted her lips slightly, cocking her head to one side before she stood back up, dusting herself and fixing her clothes. Jongin's eyes followed her as he watched her every move.

"Is it because I didn't agree to with you?" 

With that one sentence, the students' babbles grew to a maximum volume as many gasps could be heard. "Jongin's the type to go for s?" Voices could be heard as Jongin slightly froze in his seat, hearing all the words clearly. "I always thought that he was a gentleman," Jongin's mouth fell slightly as his eyes widened. Calm down now, don't explode. He told himself repeatedly to not lose control of himself. His heartrate was at a high rate as his fists were already clenched tightly. Don't lose control of yourself now.

He was infuriated, having no idea who that girl was. She just came out of nowhere and started causing a huge commotion and now almost the whole school is talking about them. Worse still, he had absolutely no idea what she was talking about but this girl is sure stubborn as hell. He clenched his jaw, knocking the table with one of his fist as he stood up.

The silence was gold as his chair's screech could be heard. Everyone's eyes were on them as Jongin took a step even closer to Na Ri. He frowned while he observed her face. It was certainly the first time he's looking at this face.

"I don't with girls like you," he breathed out in his husky voice, finally talking again. 

Na Ri's grip on her hands loosened as she felt embarassment and shame washing over her as she stood there. His voice was loud enough for the other students to hear. This got her feeling aggrieved as she bit the insides of her cheeks. He stared at her with those emotioneless eyes as he had that solemn look on his face, with slight annoyance. 

"Now get lost," he made a small gesture with his hand before he stepped back, making some distance between them. Na Ri clenched her teeth as she glowered at him. He was returning the gaze with the same amount of anger as they lock gazes for a few minutes. Na Ri was about to snarl back when Cho Rim squeezed through the group of students crowding around them and grabbed both of her shoulders.

"What on earth are you doing? Let's go, quickly." Cho Rim hissed to her as she tried to make her move out of the classroom. Na Ri didn't budge at first as she continued to give him that stare, cursing in her mind.

That bastard is going to get it.

"Let go," Na Ri told Cho Rim but she didn't listen. Cho Rim's hands were on her shoulders as she tried to push her out of the classroom, apologising to the other students for having caused a ruckus. 


"What on earth were you thinking?" Cho Rim shrieked when they were finally away from the classroom. Na Ri was still feeling vexed by what happened, her mind kept replaying the scene. She could have done better. She frowned before looking up when Cho Rim held onto her shoulders, shooking her.

"And worse still, it was the senior's classroom!" she hollered as Na Ri grimaced and rolled her eyes. She puffed her cheeks and blew out some air, her fingers running through her hair to keep her fringe back. "And what  Do you know Kim Jongin or something? You were talking to him!" Cho Rim squealed as she shook Na Ri again.

Na Ri furrowed her eyebrows, removing Cho Rim's hands that were on her shoulders. "But I am pretty sure it's him..." Na Ri retorted, feeling confounded at the same time because Jongin's face back then earlier really looked as if he didn't know what she was talking about. Is it because he was drunk that time? She saw his eyes, they looked as if he was telling the truth. Na Ri shook her head roughly when she realized she was unknowingly helping him. It can't be, don't be fooled by him.

"Who? What are you talking about?" Cho Rim waved a few fingers in front of Na Ri's eyes when she saw her zoning out. 

"Kim Jongin...I'm pretty sure he was the guy at the club yesterday." Na Ri told her, back to thinking about what had actually happened. Cho Rim gasped at her words, mouthing a silent 'oh my god' as here eys bulged. "Serious?"

"I don't know. They have the same face though," Na Ri shrugged impassively, raising and dropping her shoulders.

"It can't be! I mean  Jongin is like a completely different person. How can it be him?" Cho Rim let out an uncomfortable chortle. Na Ri glowered at her, seeing how she didn't believe her.

"I'm telling you it really is him! They have the exact same face. Those eyes and lips..." Na Ri's voice trailed off as she snapped her fingers, having thought of something. "I have an idea! I'll prove to you it's him," Na Ri exclaimed optimistically, a grin etched on her face. Just you wait, I'll seek my revenge.