Chapter 1

Distinctive Identities

Chapter One


"Ahn Na Ri," The student's name was called for the record of the 18th time for the third period. She was sitting in a very unsightly position on her chair  a leg placed indolently up on the chair as she spinned her pen. Her tie was loosened and her long black hair naturally fell from the side. Not to mention, she made loud smacking noises with her lips as she masticated the gum in .

A small case of pandemonium broke out in the class when her chair let out a loud screech as she stood up. Students started to buzz and whisper among one another. A smug grin was plastered on her face as she rested both her hands on the end of the table. It would be ordinary for any student to be apologising by now in her case but not Ahn Na Ri.

"What do you think you're doing? Spit the gum out now," The teacher instructed strictly while pointing to her with the metre ruler he was holding onto. Oh right, the 'Eating is forbidden in Classroom' rule. She shrugged impassively before kicking the chair away, making her way to the trash bin at the corner of the classroom. The chatters among the students grew louder as she casted a look at the teacher before spitting it into the bin.

"There, you happy?" she said back in an arrogant manner before dragging her feet back to her seat. Right after the teacher turn taciturn at her actions and continued to write his words on the whiteboard, she sneakily and casually took another piece of gum out before shoving it into again, smirking in content.

Lessons did not pass by in the blink of an eye for Na Ri. She would always be hearing rude remarks and reprimandings from the teachers and students whenever she go around the school. She did not want to hear them as well, but she just can't since she actually have ears. Rolling her eyes as the group of girls beside her discussed openly about her being a , she marched to the back to her lockers.

She opened it before taking her books out for the next few lessons. Even though she doesn't study, she still had the decency to bring the books. Or maybe it's just because it saved her the trouble from hearing more naggings from some teachers. She just didn't understand why people have the time to mind about her business when they can't even handle themself.

"What's up, Na Ri?" Cho Rim leaned on the other locker beside hers, both her hands in her pocket. Na Ri stole a glance from the corner of her eyes and heaved a sigh, still taking out her books. "You changed your hair colour again?" she shook her head in disapproval. Cho Rim beamed at the mention of her new hair colour  teal with some dark blue streaks.

"Doesn't it make me look gorgeous?" she squealed, jumping a little from the excitement she is feeling. Quickly, she fished out her phone to check her looks as her hands carressed her face by gently pressing on her cheeks. Taking out her last book, Na Ri closed her locker before turning to walk out of the classroom for her other lesson without waiting for her friend.

Before she could move however, she spotted a timid guy standing at the side as he fidget alot. Narrowing her eyes on him, Na Ri gave it some thought before stifling a laughter to herself when she figured it out. Are we that scary? Cho Rim caught her chortling and look up from her phone, scanning the surroundings before she give her a bewildered look. "Eh, What's so funny?"

"You're blocking his path," Na Ri cocked her head to his direction. "He probably wants to take his books too,"

Cho Rim understood and shifted a bit awkwardly while Na Ri walked out from the classroom, holding onto her books with both hands. Cho Rim caught up quickly. "Hey! Speaking of which, watch out for the new discipline mistress. I think she got her eyes on you. I saw her staring at you this morning when yo  "

"I don't care," Na Ri interrupted as Cho Rim shut beside her upon hearing that. "Right," she snapped her fingers while trying to catch up with Na Ri's fast walking pace. "But then...it's probably because of your skirt. They are seriously short though I mean ‒ "

Na Ri stopped and turn to glower at her, signaling for her to keep quiet. Cho Rim seemed to have understood before she raised her hands, surrendering. "Last question," she breathed out. Na Ri rolled her eyes and folded her arms with her books in between. A crease formed in between her eyebrows, showing how she was annoyed. "Go on," she retorted.

"Are you still up for clubbing tonight?"

Na Ri finally simpered when she heard those words. Her eyes slightly glistened and a spark could be seen behind those dark eyes. She ran her fingers through her black silky hair before she smirked.

"Of course,"


The darkly litted club room was full of youths as the music was blasting through the speakers. The place was obstreperous and rowdy, the booming rhythmic pop music blaring from all around the area where adults moved and swayed along to the music. The lightings were of those of disco lights, some lasers shooting from every direction. This place was heaven for Na Ri.

She was among the many adults, gyrating to the rhythms of the no-tune song as she bobbed to the music and clapped her hands once in a while. She was just relishing and savouring her time in the club as she danced like there was no tomorrow.

Closing her eyes and feeling her head getting giddy from the amount of alcohol she had just a few minutes ago, she was now using up all her energy to move in a bunch of strangers. Cho Rim was also at the side with some other friends who enjoy similar things.

Na Ri was all dressed up in a tight black dress that ended near her , her wavy hair dropping on her shoulders. She managed to enter the club since she had a fake membership card and was a frequent visitor after having lied about her age a few years ago. This is what she is  a delinquent and hardcore clubber.

"Hey there, you're hot."

She gasped when she felt someone's breath near her ear, a pair of strong arms wrapping around her waist from the back. She quickly turned and pushed him away but ended up facing him instead since she felt a headache shot through her head. She whimpered slightly and felt feeble, losing strength in her legs but the person was holding onto her closely so she didn't fall.

She was pretty sure that it was a guy when she heard his husky voice. One of her hands was actually placed on his chest as the other one tucked her hair behind her ear to have a good look at him. She staggered when she felt light-headed. But the grasp around her waist was still tight, preventing her from dropping to the ground.

The face that she saw however, wasn't the least of what she had expected. Rather, the guy actually exceeded her expectations. Screw that, he was striking. He had dark brown tousled hair with dark charismatic eyes, a cute nose and plump lips. Na Ri blinked a few times when she thought her eys were playing tricks on her.

The guy smirked.

"Are you alright? Do you want to go somewhere quieter?" he asked back with his low and broad voice. His voice sent shudders down her spine since he whispered it beside her ear. Knowing exactly what he wants, Na Ri giggled back in return. He showed her a breath-taking smile under the lights before he held her arm over his neck and led her out of the club.

Na Ri was still not in her right mind when she was out of the wild place with boisterous music. The guy helped her to walk out from the club without much trouble. Na Ri did cause a few commotions but it wasn't much. Since she was drunk, many people didn't seem to bother. When they were at the street outside of the club, Na Ri held onto her head as she whined and groaned from the pain she was feeling.

"Hey, look here." he said, crouching down in front of her. Na Ri's hands got held to the side as she barely opened her eyes, earning another glance of the guy. She stared at him for quite a while, her head turning into circles as she wasn't even thinking. Their eyes lock gazes and soon before they knew it, Na Ri took the initiative to collide their lips together.

Soon enough, both of them were devouring each and every inch of each other's lips at the crowded streets as if there were no one else in the world. Na Ri leaned forward but got disturbed when the guy stood back up from crouching without leaving the contact with her. Instead, his hands s around her waist to pull her closer and kissed her passionately.

They were both running out of breath but none stop and rather, it became more passionate. He on her bottom lip as she let out a soft moan from his simple action. He tilted his head to deepen the kiss and took the opportunity to explore her cavern with his skilled tongue. The both of them battled for dominance but he won.

After giving her a final swipe on her lips with his tongue, he pulled back and let out a soft growl. He grunted, irritated that he couldn't her now on the streets. He was honestly already hard, but he had to control himself since they were on the streets. "Let's go," he exhaled with difficulties.

He was about to move away to hail a taxi when Na Ri threw her hands over his neck and molded their bodies to one. She breathed out softly as her head was pressed on his chest. "I'm sleepy..." she mumbled out unclearly but he heard it. He almost groaned when he felt the curves of her body. He froze when he realize he couldn't control himself. Breathe in and out, Kai.

Gathering all the patience left in him, he slowly released one of her hands and helped her to gain her balance. They managed to walk to the street as he stopped one of the taxis. They got in the vehicle before he told the driver his address.

After they reached his house, he carried her on his back from the taxi back to his house. He kicked the door open with his leg and locked it. He desperately shuffled his way to his room before throwing her onto the bed.

He hovered on top of her, about to strip her when he heard her snoring softly, making him stop instantly. The glimmer of lust in his dark eyes disappeared when he heard those snores. One thing for sure  Kai doesn't like to have  with women who are sleeping. Are you kidding me?

" this," he snarled as he dishevelled his dark brown hair with his slender fingers, getting off from her.