Chapter 2

Distinctive Identities

Chapter Two


"Ugh...This hurts.." Jongin let out a muffled growl, barely able to open his eyes. He felt an excruciating headache coming through as he cringed. When he recovered from the slight headache, his eyes scanned around in bewilderment.

He was in the living room, on the couch.

His gaze averted to his own body as he looked down. He wasn't wearing anything else other than a pair of torn jeans that revealed his knees. His astounded expression soon disappeared when he figure out the only reason why this could happen.

Kai.

It was very normal and almost similar to that of a daily routine to him now. He would often wake up in some unfamiliar place, not being able to recall a single memory about what happen at night. At first, Jongin was scared alright. Being able to experience not being aware of what happen  as if someone took over your body. But he soon got used to it.

Besides, his private psychiarist and comes by every week to help him.

Jongin heaved a husky sigh before trying to stand up, just to stagger back slightly from the backache. What on earth did he do this time? He almost rolled his eyes at himself after having asked that question. Of course that's what he would do, there's nothing else besides that. He took a good glance at his own top body again, shaking his head before massaging his neck. Kai must have had yesterday night again.

Ambling to the kitchen not far from his living room, Jongin casually slung one shirt he found on the way over his shoulder. He arrived in front of the refrigerator, swinging it open to grab a bottle of vitamin water. He closed it and was about to turn around when a yellow post-it that was stuck on the door of the refrigerator caught the corner of his eyes. "What's this?" he muttered to himself, his fingers reaching to pull it off the refrigerator.

Give me a call or send a message. 010-X933-X049

He was right. His eyes never left the post-it as he drank from the bottle, gulping down the water while staring at it. Jongin never hesitated to crush the paper afterwards with his hand before tossing it to the bin at the side. He then wore his shirt over and walked to his room. He almost scoffed to himself for receiving the post-it but it wasn't the first time. He has experienced that almost everyday after whatever happened the night before.

He's appearing more frequently now. This is bad. Jongin frowned as he laid on his bed, tapping his fingers on the pillow he was hugging onto. He quickly climbed over to grab his phone from the nightstand, dialling his emergency caller. His psychiarist picked the call up almsot immediately. "Hello?" A voice could be heard from the other line.

"We need to talk. Is it alright if you come over right now?" Jongin asked, biting onto his lips as he spoke comfortably.


The doorbell echoed through the living room, causing Jongin to jump out from his bed and trudged over to open the door. "You're here," Jongin stated the obvious as a gorgeous lady with long brown straight hair stood at his door. She showed a small smile as she tittered at his words. Jongin was actually feeling more than assured to see her here. He breathed out with a wide smile before guiding her in.

"What do you want to talk about? Did something happen?" she asked with a perturbed tone, settling down on the couch.

Jongin came from the kitchen with a tray of drink, placing it down on the table in front of her. "Kai appeared again." He started off, sitting beside her as he grew solemn. "Yesterday. And also almost all night now," he finished off, suspiring out.

"I guess we really need to watch him. Did he do all those things again?" she asked back, her eyebrows furrowing. Jongin nodded at her words, understanding what she mean by those things. "I think so, seeing another post-it on the fridge this morning." he responded.

"This is bad..." she trailed off. Jongin's psychiarist, Yoomi is the most important figure in his life currently. She was the one he depend on the most and also, the only one who know of his secret. She was like a sister to him and she treats him like a brother too. She was also the one who gave the nickname, Kai to his other personality. She was the one who found out the characteristics of Kai and told Jongin about it. That's how they both knew that Kai is actually the total opposite of Jongin ‒ A teenager delinquent who was of the same age as Jongin and loves having with women and clubbing.

"Are you still fine with going to school tomorrow?" Yoomi asked back, holding onto her cup as she casted him a worried look. Jongin shrugged since that wasn't as important to him. Getting rid of Kai was more of a problem to him.

"But we have yet to figure out what triggers his presence..." she contemplated for a moment while her hands touched her chin. "If we do, that'll solve more than enough of the problem."

Jongin was dumbstruck for a moment as he tried to recall all the times he lost his consciousness. One thing for sure: Kai appears at the night nowadays. "I'm sure we'll figure it out soon," he mumbled to himself before Yoomi got his attention as she stood up from the couch. She gently placed the mug down as she grabbed her purse.

"I need to get going now. Contact me if there's any issues." she reminded him while he responded with a motion from his head. They sauntered to the doorway as Jongin opened the door for her before leading her out.

"One more thing Jongin," she spun around to look at him, making Jongin look up. "Don't give in to him," she told him with a solemn expression. Jongin reassured her with a confident smirk. Yoomi casted him a last doubting look before she turn around and walked towards the elevator, Jongin closing the door.

Instantly, Jongin slumped himself against the door as his back was pressed on it. He fell the the floor with his back rubbing on the wall causing friction. His legs were sprawled apart as he sat on the ground, breathing out loudly. His fist was clenched and so was his jaws. Biting his lip, Yoomi's words repeated in his mind over and over again. Don't give in to him, Jongin. Don't give in to him.

Or rather there was another soft voice at the back of his head, reminding him it was impossible to do so.


"Come on, you've got to admit it..." Cho Rim gave Na Ri a light punch on her shoulder while narrowing her eyes on her cheekily. Na Ri rolled her eyes with a sneer that was evident on her face, brushing her off as she increased her pace. Na Ri walked down the corridoor as she held onto her black wallet and phone.

"Are you really going to ignore me? I swear I saw the two of you almost eating each other up last night!" Cho Rim persisted as she linked her arms with Na Ri, showing her the puppy eyes.

"What's there to admit?" Na Ri mused, recalling about what happened the night before. She patently remembered she woke up in a stranger's house. But of course, she also remembered fairly well about them kissing each other on the streets.

She wasn't even exactly drunk that time, she knew what she did.

"Was he hot? Did you get his number?" Cho Rim blabbered on from her side while they walked along the corridoor, going for the canteen since it was lunch time. "Did you guys already do it? Was it sort of a one night stand?" Cho Rim continued to ask before even giving time for Na Ri to answer. Na Ri raised a brow, running her fingers through her hair as she turned to look at Cho Rim.

"My dear sweetheart, I really don't remember." Na Ri showed her a fake pretty smile, ruffling Cho Rim's hair. It was a lie alright, Na Ri remembered everything. She even remember leaving a post-it at his house with her number. He was a good catch anyways.

"Come on, I know you're lying. You have high tolerance for alcohol  You didn't even drink more than five cups yesterday before you went to dance!" Cho Rim wiggled her eyebrows while Na Ri had already walked off. Before Na Ri could even reach the canteen, some guys approached her as they blocked her way.

"Here's my number," One of them clucked his tongue while he passed her a strip of paper with a smirk.

"Sorry, not interested." Na Ri showed him a smile back, her eyes turning to crescent moons before she simply crushed the paper and threw it on the floor. "If you don't mind, please move it." she added, folding her arms as she watched them.

"Damn, I thought I lost you just now!" Cho Rim came and slung her arm over Na Ri's shoulder, instantly turning quiet when she realized the atmosphere.

"What's this? Another confession? Come on, you all know that our Na Ri's not interested in boys like you." Cho Rim said mockingly whlie Na Ri stood still, waiting for them to move it. She could clearly see how the guys expression stiffened as they grew cold and slightly embarrassed. But it was like a rule she set for herself: Na Ri doesn't go for boys in her school. She never wanted to get involved with people in her school.

"Why are you guys still standing here? You're not gonna leave?" Cho Rim asked again, motioning for them to leave. Relutantly, the guys casted Na Ri a last look before shifting to one side and walking past her. The guy who previously passed her his number even deliberately hit her shoulder, slightly shoving her to the side. Na Ri cursed when she hit the wall from the impact, holding onto her arm as she glowered at him. What's his problem?

"That bastard needs some teaching," Cho Rim made a fist with her hands and pretended to whack him before she went to Na Ri. Cho Rim frowned before gently placing her hand on Na Ri's shoulder. "You alright?" she asked with a perturbed tone.

"I'm fine," Na Ri's lips formed a straight line before she stood properly. Cho Rim helped to support her, still letting out a string of curses at the previous guy. Na Ri bit her lips as she felt her arm getting sore from banging on the wall a little too hard. She rubbed her other hand on her arm as she looked up to Cho Rim.

"Let's go. I'm hungry." Na Ri said, rambling to the canteen as Cho Rim agreed. "Those guys need some teaching. I mean, what's with their manners?" Cho Rim continued to protest and grumble as she walked beside Na Ri. Na Ri slightly chortled at her words as she watched Cho Rim mutter words by herself because she cared about her.

However, Cho Rim stomped her foot and stopped in her tracks when she reached the canteen. She elbowed Na Ri from the side lightly, pointing to someone with her jaw.

"It would be great if all those guys in our school are like him," Cho Rim commented out of the blue, referring to a certain someone. Na Ri looked up and followed her gaze just to see a guy wearing their school uniform in the canteen, being crowded by girls. He wasn't really visible so she couldn't see his face since he was blocked by the girls.

"Who's that?" Na Ri asked curiously.

"Kim Jong In, a.k.a the guy that always achieves the top rank for his level. He's a senior though, but I heard from others that he's quite popular among girls but he's not interested in dating." Cho Rim explained, looking at him from afar while Na Ri shrugged indifferently, but she shifted to try and catch a glimpse of his face.

"Which is kind of a waste." she raised her shoulders, then dropping them down.

"He's good-looking for sure, with that figure. I heard he's a total hottie." Cho Rim whistled to Na Ri's ear before walking off to order her food, her conversation about that guy having ended. Na Ri frowned as she hadn't see his face. But when she was walking past to order her food as well, she swore that she saw his face. It was familiar to her, making her feeling all bemused. Did I see him before?

Her steps slowly came to a halt as she stood at the area which from that angle, she could clearly see the full view of his face now. She froze as her eyes slightly rounded before it quickly returned back to normal. She couldn't help but scoffed lightly with a grin on her face.

That pair of dark eyes and plump lips.

She knew fairly well who he was. He was sitting down at the table as he ate his food, some girls offering him packet of drink which he refused politely.

Seems like he's actually not what people think of him at all