Chapter 6

The Soshi and the Beast

Seohyun POV

Sunny unnie came with distress look on her face.

"Sunny, are you already?" Taeyeon asked her as she sat down next to me.

"Yeah...I'm fine," Sunny said.

"Who was that?" Yoona asked.

"Uncle"

"Eh?!" The girls screamed.

"He knew where we are," Sooyoung said.

"What? How?" Tiffany said.

"I don't know how, but I guess she knew him and told him and that's why he knew," Sunny said.

"Well, that's great so we can get out of here, right?" Yuri asked.

I see the Sunny was troubled with something.

"Unnie, is there something he said," I asked her.

Sunny sigh, "We are not going everywhere any time soon. Uncle wanted us to stay a little longer," she said.

"What? Why?" Yoona said.

"I told him everything that has happen to us and he advise us to stay here because it's safer around her."

"Well, I guess we don't have a choice," Hyoyeon said.

"But do you know how he knows her," Sooyoung said.

"He said he couldn't give the detail. He only told me her nickname: Da Long."

"Da Long, that means Great Dragon in Chinese," I said.

"I still don't get why can't we leave," Taeyeon said.

"Because if we leave we still be targeted and I don't think that bodyguards could protect us from the supernatural," Sunny said.

"Well, there's nothing we could do, except, what are we going to do here?" Tiffany said.

We all were silence about this. I personally don't know what to make of this. Why were we targets and for what reason? I sighed and try not to think about it anymore. When we were done with lunch everyone scattered to see what else was in the house. This house was so big, you might get lost in it. I was just wondering, not knowing where this would lead to until I arrived to a small opening. It was in the middle around the house and it was a small garden in there with a little pond. It felt peaceful here like with you want to relax. I walked through the garden, looking at how beautiful the flowers are, but then stopped. Over by the tree was her. She was sitting in the shade with her eyes close. Suddenly, my heart was beating faster just by looking at her. What was wrong with me?

I didn't know how long I was frozen at the same spot, but suddenly, she was now looking at me. I felt embarrass and try to leave, but somehow, I tripped and fell on the ground. Great, I just made a fool of myself. Then, I saw a hand in front of me. I looked up and she was standing over me, extending her hand to me. I grabbed it and she pulled me up. I was stand so close to her and she was staring at me intensely, I couldn't look her in the eye and looked away. However, I gasped and saw a deep bloodstain on her arm.

"Oh, my god, you were hurt," I said.

Instantly, I grabbed her arm to examine the wound. But what I saw was unexpected. The wound had four deep claws mark that should require stitches, but they look about healed and if that doesn't freak me out, it was the fact that I'm seeing the wounds repair itself. I knew she was more than human, but to know these things do exist. I might have been staring for a while because she suddenly lifted my chin and meet her gaze to me. I feel like my heart will burst any minute if I stare so much into her eyes.

"Um...Let me get rid of the blood on your arm," I said.

She didn't say anything, but nodded. She guided me back into the house and lead me to the kitchen. We were sitting at the table as I was washing her arm from the blood. It was quiet between us. You could feel the awkwardness, but I wanted to say something to her.

"...Thank you..." I blurted out.

I could feel her staring intensely at me. I couldn't look at her so I continued to talk.

"For...saving us and for saving me back there. I would be dead if not for you," I said.

After I was done cleaning, she took the cloth and washed it. I just sat there, didn't know what to do or say.

"You don't really talk that much, do you?" I said, deciding to keep on talking.

"Sunny unnie told us that it was Uncle that called and that he knows you. He didn't say why, but that you name is Da Long, but it's not is it? It's just a nickname."

Again, she didn't say anything. I sighed, getting my hopes up that she would respond. The reason I kept talking is so I could ignore the beating in my heart that is racing when I'm near her.

"It was given to me."

I gasped and looked at her who was sitting next to me. Did she talk?

"What?" I said.

She smirked, "That name was given to me by other people who I helped." she said.

"Oh..." I feel embarrass that I don't have anything else to say.

"You don't have anything else to say because you thought I wouldn't talk?"

"...in a way, yes."

"mmhmm"

"...um...Why you don't you talk before?"

"...I'm a shy person...I don't usually speak unless I have to in curtain cases. Usually it takes a few days to weeks to actually warm up to people."

"But...it's only been a day..."

"It might be one of those curtain cases or..."

Suddenly, she was closer to my face and staring at me intensely, I'm starting to blush.

"I don't know why..." she whispered, "but I somehow feel drawn to you."

I felt a shiver when she said that. Not trusting myself, I jumped up to stand.

"I... uh...I should go look for my unnies to see if they are alright," I said.

I started to walk away when she spoke again.

"Gilly"

I stopped and turned to look at her, only she was now standing next to me.

"My real name is Gilly," she said.

She trusted me with her real name? That's something unexpected. Something in me felt happy that she trusted me.

"You can call me Seohyun," I said.

She smirked and leaned forward. I didn't what was happening. but suddenly she is sniffing my neck. I breathed heavily as she started kissing my neck. I wanted to get away, but she trapped me by the wall.

"Do you trust me that well?" She whispered in my ear.

I gulped and shiver, but nodded.

She looked at me straight in the eye and then smiled.

"Then...you should be careful around me," and then she left.

What did I get myself into? I thought.

I feel like my heart is about to burst when she was near me. I don't know what is happening to me. This was not something I would imagine myself to be into this kind of mess. In fact, nothing makes sense of having these kinds of feelings for someone you barely know. Was this like in the movie? You have a love at first sight or it is because she rescued you? Every possibility is running through my mind, I'm starting to get a headache. I needed to clear my mind, so I went back to the living and lie on the couch. Maybe taking a nap will help me. Then I closed my eyes and fallen asleep.

I didn't know how long I was out until I heard voices of my unnies. I started to move, but I can't as I feel something preventing me from moving. I open my eyes and see the little girl was on top of me. Okay, why is she on top of me in the first place. I looked around and saw the unnies together.

"Seohyun, you're finally awake," Sunny said.

"How long was I out," I said.

"Almost the whole day, it's already night," Yoona said.

She was right. I looked outside and it was already dark. I get up and put the girl on my lap. I see that they were eating. I guess that Gilly made it for us. I smiled at her thoughtfulness.

"Here, eat before it's all good by the shikskins," Tiffany handed me a plate of food.

"Yah, look who’s talking, Pink Pig," Sooyoung said.

"Unnie, we can't help it if it's so good," Yoona said.

"You guys are already on your third plate," Tiffany said.

"Unnies, calm down. Besides, we got enough food so I think it's okay," I said.

"Do you mind if you could feed her?" Sunny said.

I looked at the girl who was quiet the whole time.

"She hasn't eaten yet?" I asked.

"We tried to feed her, but she wouldn't let us feed her," Hyoyeon said.

"If we don't feed her, we might be in trouble with her or the lion," Yuri said.

"Don't get paranoid, Yuri, it's not like we will get eaten," Sunny said.

"Yah, don't joke about that, it might come true," Sooyoung said.

"Unnies, it's alright, let’s just enjoy okay," I said.

Everyone went back to eating. I focused on the little girl. She was staring at something almost observing us.

"Do you want something to eat?" I asked her.

She looked at me. I took a chance and moved her to sit on the couch. I took a plate and gather some food she could eat. Once I was done, I put it on the table and then I gather her back on my lap and sit in front of the table.

"Here, wanna eat?" I said to her.

She looked at me and then the food. It was a few minutes of her staring at her plate. I was nervous for no reason as she doesn't want to eat it. I looked at the unnies who were staring at hr to do something. I was going to say something, when she grabbed an egg roll and ate it. I sighed in relief and smiled.

"Ahh, how could she play favorites," Yuri whined.

"We tried everything to make her eat, yet only you succeeded," Hyoyeon said.

"As if, she favors only our maknae," Sooyoung said.

"What do you mean? Me," I asked.

"For some reason, she favors you," Taeyeon said.

"I don't know. There has to be a reason for it," I said.

I looked at her and gasp. her plate was almost finish and she is still reaching for more food. I grabbed her more food for her on her plate and then I started eating my food. It was delicious and mouthwatering of eating these foods.

After we were full, we just sit there in silence. Everyone was in thought. I was concern about what happen today.

"Okay, I need to say this," Taeyeon spoke, "We need to get out of here."

Everyone was surprise by her answer.

"But unnie, Sooman said we are to stay here," Yoona said.

"I know, but can you actually trust her. I mean, for all we know this could have been set up," she said.

"It's not like we could go anywhere. We don't even know where we are," Yuri said.

"Tae, I think you're overreacting. I mean, she saved us, cooked us food and she hasn't done anything wrong to us," Tiffany said.

"I think we should do as we are told and just stay with her," Sunny said.

"How can you put so much faith in her," Taeyeon said.

"We don't, but so far she hasn't done nothing wrong to us," Hyoyeon said.

"Unnie, I think you should just relax ok," I said.

Taeyeon sighed.

"Okay, so we should go to sleep. Anyone know where are we sleeping?" Tiffany said.

"I think it's here where there are rooms there," Yoona said.

Everyone got up and looked for the rooms. I just there with the girl who was looking at me.

"Do you think it's safe here?" I asked her.

She didn't say anything just looking. I sighed.

"I don't know anymore. I see my life just change dramatically and it only gets worse. You pretend everything is okay, but reality it's not," I said, "and I fear that it will not be the same once we get back to our lives."

It's sad to think that maybe it was bad karma for us to be in this situation. We try so hard to stay together and be there for everyone, but sometimes it's not enough and we are going into different directions on what we want. Maybe the worst part is that we were afraid of changing and here we are in this situation now.

My thoughts were interrupted when the little girl was standing in front of me. I was about to ask her what was wrong, when she raised her arm and poked my forehead. Suddenly, I felt a jolt and the next thing I know, I'm seeing something unnatural.

I'm standing inside the house and it’s on fire. I panicked and didn't know what's going on. I look and see Gilly and a shadowy figure in front of me. I didn't know what to do, but then it draws a sword and threw it towards me and... the sword pierce through her.

I gasped and looked around to see I'm back in the living room and nothing was on fire. The little girl was still there looking at me. I was breathing heavily as to what I just saw. Did I glimpse at Gilly's death? I looked at her. Did she predict the future?

"Was that real? She is gonna die?" I asked her.

She didn't say, but nodded.

My heart dropped.

"She there a way to prevent it?"

She shrugged as if she doesn't know and then she walked away. I was alone in my thoughts as tears were coming my face. I don't know why I was crying for someone I just met, but deep in my heart I know that I care for her deeply.

That night I cried in silence knowing what will happen and don't know how to prevent it.

 

Hi, So it's been awhile since I updated. Sorry, I've been busy with work and school to actually type my stories. So, it's gonna be  slow update for this story, but it will end soon and then maybe come up with a sequel. Will see. Until next time.