Minseok is my boss

UNENDING
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minseok and Jongdae walked in the hallway to Minseok’s room with Yura walking behind them. They already finished the meeting with the new investors and they made a good deals. Yura brought papers and a thin folder in her hands when Jongdae turned his body and stopped in front of her.

“Can you please make us coffee?” asked Jongdae which made the girl a bit startled but then she nodded her head.

“Of course, Sir.” said her. “Great. Two black coffee.” Jongdae added.

The three went into the room. Yura placed the papers and folder first before going into the pantry to make two cups of coffee, while the men went straight to the couch in the room.

“So, are you agree with mother’s plan?” asked Jongdae, he removed his outer and placed on the edge of the couch. Minseok sighed upon hearing his brother’s question. He did. Yeah, you guys heard him right. “I am.” said Minseok.

Last night they, Minseok and his mother, talked about her plan. Minseok couldn’t help himself because he didn’t want his mother cry again. Assumption, Minseok did it by force. But he once again thinks about his son, he think about Joon, and about Joon’s future. The mother has a point, Joon needs a mother figure and Joon needs a complete family.

Jongdae held his breath, this is out of his expectation, because his eldest brother finally gave in to his mother’s plan. He felt so happy but also worried. About what? Of course about his brother’s reaction if he found out that the girl is the closest girl that works with him right now. Right here, holding a tray with two cups of black coffee just like what they like.

“Thank you, Yura-ssi.”

Yura nodded her head after hearing Minseok’s voice and shifted to place Jongdae’s cup of coffee on the table. Yura was about to leave when Minseok once again called her. She stand up straight when Minseok walked back to his desk and took out a piece of paper. He gave it to her.

“Please call the restaurant and made a reservation at 7 p.m under my name for 4 people. Thank you.”

“Yes, sir.”

The girl bowed slightly and walked out from the room before closed the door carefully.

“The reservation for the meeting? With mother and her friend?” asked Jongdae. Minseok sipped his warm coffee then nodded his head. Jongdae’s eyes widen when he heard that. Means that Yura made a reservation for her own meeting with his brother. Jongdae just huffed softly as he felt shiver running down his spine.

“You will bring Joon with you?” asked Jongdae again.

Minseok looked at his brother for seconds. “Maybe not.”

“Why?”

“I’ll meet the girl first then I’ll find a way to tell Joon about the plan.” said Minseok in his plain tone. “You can play with him tonight.” He added.

Jongdae nodded his head to hear that. He couldn’t do anything, just hoping the best for his brother and the worker, Moon Yura. This gonna be shocking, he though.

 

***

 

Yura is in her desk holding the phone while her finger pressed the dialed button. Minseok asked her to make a reservation in a restaurant for tonight. Yura waited until the phone get reply and she quickly made the reservation. Lucky that it’s the last table that is available to book. She smiled when the restaurant’s receptionist thanked her after made a reservation then placing back the phone.

The meeting before made her a bit tired because it’s done longer than the schedule because the investors have some issue in their way to get to the office. She decided to make some coffee for herself. She take her phone and checked if someone contact her when she was in the meeting. 1 new message from Mirae. Text me when you have free time. Urgent.

“Urgent? What happened to her?” asked her to herself while typing a text to Mirae.

What happened? I’m free, the meeting already finished.

Yura sent the message then lit up the stove to boil some water. She already prepared the cup and mixed the ingredients, coffee powder, sugar, and a pinch of cinnamon powder Her favorite taste of coffee. The water boiled and she quickly poured it into her cup and stirred it carefully.

Yura enjoyed the smells before take a few sip on it. The hot coffee and the hint of cinnamon powder awaken her. She felt fresher and take another sip on it when her phone suddenly rang.

Mirae eunni calling

“Hello, eunni.”

“Yura-ya…” Yura heard the voice slightly which made her worried about her friend.

“Mirae eunni, how’s your mother? Is she okay?” Yura asked. The girl on the other line sighed heavily.

“My mother… will get a surgery tonight.” Yura gasped upon hearing the news. She placed the cup on the kitchen table and focused on her phone line.

“Oh my god… I hope she will get well soon, eunni. Eunni, himneseyo.”

“Thank you, Yura-ya. And… I need your help more after tonight.”

Yura nodded even though Mirae couldn’t see her. She let Mirae talked to her longer than usual. She needs someone to share about her problem to lightened her load. Yura offer her shoulder to Mirae at the time when Mirae found out that her mother contract with chronic kidney disease.

At the end of the call, Mirae asked Yura if she could work longer because she needs to accompany her mother after the surgery. Yura agreed with her request, after all her work for Minseok is the same with her work for Jongdae, so it’s not a big deal for Yura.

Mirae said she will call the office to get a permission formally and she needs Yura to help her talk to Minseok about this. Yura again encourage Mirae to stay healthy and be happy for her mother.

Yura ended the call with Mirae and walked back to her desk with the coffee in her left hand. She opened the file in front of her and started to list them according to the date of the deadline. Her tasks is a lot more than yesterday so she needs to focus today if she wants the work finished on time.

An hour passed and there’s a call from Mirae. Yura connected the call to Minseok’s room and let Mirae talk with the boss while she continued her works on the computer. Lunch time is already pass but Yura didn’t noticed it before her stomach growling.

“Oh right, I skipped the lunch.” She rubbed her flat stomach after checking the clock on the wall. “Means that, Sir Minseok and Jongdae didn’t have lunch, too. Should I reminds them about the lunch?”

Yura though for seconds and decided to call the boss. But then she remembered that Mirae is calling, maybe she didn’t finished yet, Yura though. So she waited for about 30 minutes before lifted the phone to call Minseok.

“Sir, maybe you forget about it but you and Sir Jongdae didn’t have lunch yet.”

“Ouh… maybe you’re right. Hold on.” Said Minseok. Yura heard her boss called his brother and talks for some seconds before talking back to her. “I and Jongdae will have lunch outside.”

“Yes, Sir.”

“And you can go to get your own lunch. Get back before 2.” added Minseok which made Yura beamed and replied a cheerful ‘yes, Sir’. She felt so hungry right now and she already planned to eat at her friend’s café.

Yura placed her phone, notes and a pen on her bag after watching the Kim’s sibling walked out from Minseok’s room. Jongdae said they will have lunch near hear and let Yura get her own lunch. Yura then make her way to the café by walking since it’s not really far from the office.

The café wasn’t too crowd because the lunch time already passed. There’re some teenagers and students enjoying their snacks. Chatting and laughing at each others, looks so fun in Yura’s eyes because she already passed that state when she was a college students. This café’s owner is her friend in university, she inherit the café from her grandfather.

The grandfather trusted her enough to run the café after graduating from college. With the help of the skilled workers she could do her best and the grandfather proud of her as well as Yura.

Yura looked around and noticed the good spot, her favorite spot. She went to the table as she wave

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter