Surprise Visit

Oversea Dreams and Love Incidents

Min wakes up at 8 o’clock in the morning and makes her way to the kitchen.

“Anyeong Min-ah,” Yunho cheerily says.

“Anyeong Yunho oppa,” Min replies back smiling.

“Where is Rin-ah?” Yunho asks.

“Still sleeping,” Min explains, “she’s not much of a morning person.”

“Ah arasso. Well it is the weekend, you should go back to sleep. I’m sure you’re tired, it’s been a busy week for both of you,” Yunho says.

“I’m used to waking up this early. I couldn’t sleep in even if I'm tired,” Min states.

“I understand. Well I’m heading off to the café. You gals take care and call me if you need anything,” Yunho says as he’s putting his shoes on.

“Arasso, you take care too,” Min says from the kitchen as she’s getting a bowl from the cabinet.

Min sits the bowl on the countertop. *Probably should go wake unnie up* Min thinks. She walks into my room quietly and is about to wake me up when my phone starts ringing.

“Yoboseyo,” Min answers quietly.

“Yoboseyo…Min-ah…mianhe I must’ve called the wrong number,” G.O. responds.

“Ani, you called the right number. I just answered because she’s asleep,” Min replies.

“Oh, so that’s wae you’re whispering. I can just call back later,” G.O. says.

“Ani, you don’t have to do that. I was just about to wake her up. Is there something you need?” Min asks as she sits on the edge of my bed.

“Ah okay. Well bwo I was going to ask Rin-ah, but this involves you too…so…Jaejoong hyung and I were wondering if both of you wanted to practice the songs we chose for vocals class today at the school,” G.O. explains.

“Sure, what time do you want to meet at the school?” Min asks.

“Does 9 o’clock work?” G.O. asks.

“Neh, that works” Min replies.

“Arasso, see you then. Bye,” G.O. says ending the call.

“Neh, see you later. Bye,” Min replies hanging up, “unnie…unnie…wake up unnie.”

“Bwo time is it?” I sleepily ask.

“8:10,” Min replies standing up.

“Too early,” I respond groggily.

“You have to get up unnie. We have to be at the school by 9 o’clock to practice with our vocal partners,” Min states.

“Aniyo…wae you agree…it’s too early,” I sleepily whine.

“It’s not that early. You can’t sleep the whole day away unnie,” Min lectures, “unnie…aish…fine then.”

Min turns on the lights. I open one eye like -_o then give her -_O look staring at her intently. “it’s too bright…wae you so cruel dongsaeng,” I say.

“I’m not cruel. Just hurry and get up will ya,” Min replies leaving the room.

“Ugh, but it’s the weekend” I say as I get up and make my way to the kitchen, “Yunho oppa is gone already?”

“Neh unnie. I guess he had to be at the café a bit earlier today,” Min replies.

“Ah arasso. Need any help with breakfast,” I ask.

“Neh, could you make some scrambled eggs, bacon and set the table?” Min politely asks while chopping up some fruit to put in the bowl.

“Sure,” I reply while I begin to set the table.

After Min puts the bowl of fruit on the table, she begins to make toast. I begin to make scrambled eggs and bacon, after finishing my first task. Once everything is done, we pour milk into our glasses and begin eating.

“Mmm we make one delicious breakfast,” I state after finishing my meal.

“Neh we do,” Min agrees.

“Maybe we should open up our own restaurant,” I suggest.

“Ani,” Min quickly says.

“You don’t think so,” I ask.

“I like cooking, but I wouldn’t want to cook all the time,” Min replies.

“True. I don’t have a passion for cooking either..well on some days,” I respond.

“We should probably start getting ready unnie. It’s already 8:30 and we have to catch the bus,” Min says while getting up with some dishes and putting them in the sink.

“Arasso,” I say while getting up with the rest of the dishes.

We rinse the dishes off and put them in the dishwasher then begin to do our daily routines.

“Dongsaeng, palle, kaja!” I yell while putting my shoes on.

“I’m coming!” Min replies loudly while walking to where I'm at and hurriedly putting her shoes on.

We catch the bus and head to school.

“You think we should call them and let them know we’re on our way,” Min asks.

“Neh,” I reply not looking away from out the window.

“…well,” Min says after a few seconds passed.

“Well…bwo,” I reply not understanding as I turned my attention to her.

“Aren’t you going to call them,” Min responds.

“Oh…well I can. I thought you were going to call them,” I reply.

“Well I would, but sometimes I can’t hear Jaejoong-ah when he speaks,” Min explains.

“Oh, arasso. I like Jaejoong-ah’s voice, it’s unique,” I randomly state while calling G.O.-ah, “yoboseyo, G.O.-ah. Neh, we’re on our way. Neh, the bus. Yeah, I think the next stop. Arasso, bye.”

“Bwo did he say,” Min inquires.

“He said they just arrived. Asked if we are taking the bus and was about to call us because they thought we might have needed a ride,” I tell her, “well this is our stop.”

“Rin-ah, Min-ah, anyeong!” G.O. yells while waving.

“Anyeong,” Jaejoong says smiling.

“Anyeong G.O.-ah and Jaejoong-ah,” We reply smiling.

“So…you’re not much of a morning person, hmm?” G.O. says smiling.

“Uh…not really…ottoke do you know that?” I ask puzzled.

“I called you earlier and Min-ah answered your phone,” He explains.

“Oh, now this morning makes sense,” I say.

“Told you I’m not cruel unnie,” Min replies sticking her tongue out at me.

“You still are though. You turned the lights on not G.O.-ah…he just called early,” I reply.

“Well you didn’t have to give me the -_o and -_O looks,” Min responds.

“It was too early for the lights to be …they’re way too bright,” I explain sticking my tongue out at her.

Jaejoong chuckles at our little banter.

“Wae are you chuckling hyung. You’re the same way in the morning,” G.O. states while smiling.

“Whatever dongsaeng, let’s just get to the vocal room to practice,” Jaejoong replies.

After practicing and laughing, Jaejoong-ah and G.O.-ah leave to go to their jobs.

Donghae and Hyukkie call asking if Min and I want to practice dance pieces. We reply neh and ask if Hae and Hyukkie are already at the school. They reply ani, but they’ll be there soon. So Min and I head to the dance studio to wait. While we're waiting, we practice our songs in front of each other for feedback. Donghae and Hyukkie arrive when Min and I are harmonizing.

~Donghae’s POV~

I'm walking towards the dance studio with Hyukkie when I hear such angelic singing. As I get closer I hear one voice that is softer…as if it is pure air itself. It easily comforts me and I just want to hold the voice forever…that voice makes me feel loved…needed…not alone.

~End of POV~

“Dongsaeng, you know that one song?” I ask.

“Bwo one song?” Min questions.

“That one song that goes *sings lyrics*” I sing.

“Oh that song!” Min replies.

“Yeah…bwo’s the title?” I ask.

“It’s *says title of song*” Min answers.

“That’s it! It was bothering me that I couldn’t think of the name,” I reply.

“When did your voices get to sounding so beautiful,” Hyukkie says while walking into the room.

“Yah! Our voices have always sounded beautiful,” Min replies.

“Yeah, don’t you remember when we sang to you to help you to stop crying because those jerks bullied you because of your good looks and wonderful gummy smile,” I say.

“Yah! Don’t speak so loudly about such embarrassing times,” Hyukkie yells while covering my mouth.

“It’s not embarrassing, it’s kyeopta, you lil’ monkey,” Min says playfully pinching his cheek.

“EW! Did you just my hand Rin-ah!?” Hyukkie suddenly screams in astonishment.

“Aniiiiiii…I stuck my tongue out at you..you just happened to have your hand over my mehrong face…it's your fault,” I respond tilting my head to the side while innocently smiling.

“You may want to wash your mouth out. You don’t know where his hands have been.” Donghae suddenly says with a serious face.

“Ah gross!” I say with O_O eyes and sticking my tongue out, “does anyone have any mouthwash or some toothpaste and a toothbrush?”

“Yah! Don’t listen to him, I wash my hands thank you very much,” Hyukkie says defending himself and glaring at Donghae.

“I hope so,” I reply making a face at him.

“It’s the truth, I do..aigoo you little brat, you,” Hyukkie says with :P face

“Have they always acted like this?” Donghae asks Min while laughing a bit.

“Neh, ever since their first meeting,” Min replies laughing, “we should probably start practicing now, right unnie and oppas?”

“Right,” We reply and begin to practice the first half of our dances.

After practicing for a while, we decide to take a break.

“I’ll go get us some water,” I offer.

“I’ll go with you,” Donghae states and we both leave the room, “how do you like South Korea, so far?”

“I really like it. I’m glad dongsaeng and I moved here,” I reply while putting money into the vending machine.

“Have you had a tour of Seoul yet?” He asks.

“Unfortunately not yet, but later today I will,” I answer grabbing the water bottles.

“Bwo is happening later?” He asks while buying a water bottle for Hyukkie and himself.

“Dongsaeng and I are going shopping,” I respond while walking besides Donghae back to the room.

“Aish, took you guys long enough. Don’t you know we were dying of thirst,” Hyukkie dramatically says once we enter the room.

“Mianhe Hyukkie oppa,” I say and bow 90 degrees.

“He’s only joking unnie,” Min reassures me.

“Yeah, I was only joking kitten,” Hyukkie says and ruffles my hair.

“Kitten?” I reply with O.o face.

“Yeah, it’s my new nickname for you…cause you know…you sometimes act like a kitten and you’re kyeopta,” He explains with his trademark gummy smile.

“Yay! You’re smiling,” I suddenly shout and hug him.

“I always smile,” He replies and hugs back.

“You haven’t smiled like this since we got here,” Min replies joining in on the hug.

“Group hug!” Donghae yells joining in on the hug while smiling cutely.

“Arasso, let’s get back to practicing now you weirdos,” Hyukkie says trying to get out of the group hug.

“Ani!” We all scream while smiling big.

“Yah! I’m done hugging now…you guys are acting like baby koala bears. Let me go!” He shouts.

“Never!” We yell back.

“I will tickle you guys if you don’t stop this group hug,” He states matter-of-factly.

We all take a giant step away and look at one another and say “Practice time.”

After drinking some of our water, we begin to practice the second half of our dances.

“I’m tired. Is it nap time yet” I say while sitting down on the floor and taking a drink of my water after we complete practice.

“You’re still not a morning person,” Hyukkie asks.

“Ani, she’s not,” Min replies.

“I’m with ya. Mornings just come too early,” Donghae says while taking a seat beside me.

I cover my mouth while I yawn and then stretch a bit. Donghae was just staring at me like O.O “Bwo? Wae are you staring?” I ask.

“Eunhyuk was right..you do look like a kitten…you sort of act like one too,” He replies.

I just blink at him a couple of times like bwo. “Um..okay…well you kind of look like a fish and a puppy…” I say.

“One of my nicknames is Fishy. You can give me your own nickname though…or you could call me Prince,” Donghae says hoping that I will call him ‘My Prince.’

“Sir Puppy Fish…Prince Puppy Fish…eh…*thinking*…I don’t know…I’m too tired to come up with a good nickname,” I reply giggling a bit at the lame nicknames I came up with.

“Then sleep,” He responds and pulls my head to lie on his shoulder.

I blush a bit at his action. “Uh…” I was speechless.

“Shh, just sleep, arasso,” He commands.

“I wanna take a nap too,” Hyukkie childishly says while pouting.

“I’m not taking a nap…I’m…he forced me to lay my head on his shoulder,” I mumble.

“Donghae, wae are you forcing her to take a nap,” Hyukkie demands.

“Cause I want her to give me a good nickname, but she said she’s too tired to come up with a good one at the moment,” Donghae explains and cutely pouts.

“Awww kyeopta,” Min and I say in unison and I pinch his cheek, but that just makes him pout more.

“I don’t think a nap would help since I don’t know you that well and I’m bad at giving people nicknames,” I explain.

“Oh arasso! I like…mmph” Donghae starts to say.

“Yah! We don’t have time for you to tell her everything you like. We need to practice our dance pieces one more time, Fishy. I got errands to run today for my omma remember,” Hyukkie says and moves his hand from covering Donghae’s mouth.

Donghae just glares at him, all he wants is the nickname ‘My Prince’ from her, is that too much to ask for, he doesn’t think so…well hope for..he’d be embarrassed to ask to be called that by her seeing that they don’t know each other that well. “Fine, let’s practice again.”

“Mianhe Donghae-ah I promise to think about a nickname for you everyday arasso,” I say doing aegyo hoping he’d smile.

“It’s okay and don't worry about it Rin-ah,” he replies giving a small smile.

~After practicing dance pieces for the very last time~

“Well I got to go now, my omma is waiting,” Hyukkie announces grabbing his belongings, “kaja Fishy!”

“Anyeong  Min-ah and Rin-ah. We’ll have to hang out like this another time,” Donghae says while waving goodbye.

“Bwo nickname did you want her to call you?” Hyukkie questions once they are out of ear shot from the room.

“I’m not telling..it’s too embarrassing…wae you want to know anyways?” Donghae sheepishly replies.

“Because you’ve seemed a bit sad ever since then and I’m curious,” Hyukkie explains.

“Well…I want her to call me My Prince. I wouldn’t even care if she just called me Prince,” Donghae replies quietly.

“My Prince or Prince..jinja? You’re still trying to get someone to call you that…are you of royalty?” Hyukkie asks raising his eyebrow.

“Neh, it’s hard to give up on a dream like this. Ani, I’m not of royalty, but I could be someone’s knight and shining armor,” Donghae says looking off into the distance with a sparkle in his eye.

“Yeah, Sir Fishy of the East Sea,” Hyukkie jokes laughing.

Donghae just glares at the monkey for mocking him.

“And you can ride upon your orange seahorse. Prince Fishy of South Korea ottoke would you like your tea, sir..I’m nothing but your humbled servant,” Hyukkie says in a failed, but cute British accent and busts up laughing again.

“Yah! Monkey! Stop being jealous because my nickname will be better than yours!” Donghae yells.

“Psh! Better than Hyukkie, ani! Though maybe I’ll get her to call me her Outstandingly Gorgeous and Awesome Dancing Machine..that has a nice ring to it,” Hyukkie says smirking.

“That’s too long and complicated of a nickname,” Donghae states matter-of-factly.

“She can abbreviate it and call me OGADM instead,” Hyukkie says with mehrong face.

“O.G.A.D.M…are you a robot or something” Donghae says with ‘seriously you want to be called that’ look.  

"Palle, kaja!" Hyukkie says thinking of other possible nicknames.

“Wae you making that face unnie?” Min questions.

“This is my extreme thinking face,” I reply.

“Bwo are you extremely thinking about?” Min asks.

“A nickname for Donghae-ah,” I reply.

“How’s it working so far?” Min says with a giggle.

“I got nothing. Dongsaeng, wae is it so hard to give someone a nickname,” I whine and rest my head on her shoulder as we are walking down the hall.

“Little whiney kids don’t belong in a big university like this,” Kyuhyun says as if he was talking to a toddler.

“Yah, Kyu be nice! I apologize for bwo he said Rin-ah,” Leeteuk says.

“It’s okay Leeteuk-ah,” I respond.

“Bwo are you guys doing here on the weekend?” Min asks.

“Just finishing up a project for our History class,” Leeteuk explains, “bwo are you guys doing here?”

“We just got done practicing our dance pieces with Hyukkie and Donghae-ah,” I reply.

“I thought I smelt something stinky..at least now I know where it’s coming from,” Kyuhyun mumbles, but Leeteuk hears him and shoots him a glare for saying such a mean lie.

“If you guys aren’t busy, do you want to practice the music pieces on the piano?” Leeteuk inquires.

“We’d love to,” Min responds.

~After practicing music pieces for a while~

“Okay, I think you have the piece down enough now that I can sit next to you and play the other half,” Leeteuk and Kyuhyun both say to Min and I, while they take a seat next to us on the benches.

~Min’s POV~

He’s being so different from how he normally treats me during school hours. He’s so kyeopta when he smiles. I don’t fully understand wae he’s suddenly acting this way. Aish I’m so confused. If this is how he’s going to act during practice then ottoke am I not supposed to fall for him? This is so frustrating!

~End of POV~

“Dongsaeng..is something wrong,” I ask concerned.

“Huh..uh..ani, everything is fine,” Min replies snapping out of her thoughts.

“Um..arasso,” I say, but a bit suspicious that something isn’t right.

“Well, that’s all the practice for today,” Kyuhyun suddenly announces.

“Uh..okay,” Min and I respond puzzled.

“He’s just in a hurry because he wants to go play StarCraft,” Leeteuk explains.

“Hyung!” Kyuhyun says blushing a bit from embarrassment.

“You don’t have to be embarrassed Kyuhyun-shi, video games are awesome,” I respond.

 “Palle, hyung,” Kyuhyun says leaving after giving me a look of disbelief and thinking *maybe she’s not so bad after all.*

“Gomawo for practicing with us and good-bye,” Leeteuk thanks and hurries after his impatient friend.

“It’s sightseeing and shopping time unnie,” Min says excitedly.

“Yes! But let’s try and not get lost,” I say.

“Arasso,” Min replies with a giggle.

~Fast forward a bit~

“Unnie, unnie look at these shoes,” Min says while bouncing around excitedly while holding up these shoes.

“Ooo those are cool looking,” I reply observing the shoes, “hey, look at this cute little toast necklace.”

“Omo it’s so kyeopta,” Min replies smiling after putting the shoes back and observing the necklace, “let’s go to the other shops now unnie.”

“Arasso,” I say and put the necklace back and we leave.

“Yoboseyo,” Min stops in the crowded street and answers her phone.

“Hey, dongsaeng!” Woohyun replies over the line.

“Oppa! Rin and I are in South Korea now, you should come and visit and – oh mianhe for rambling, what is it that you wanted to say?” Min replies ecstatically.

“Turn around,” Woohyun simply replies.

“Bwo?” Min asks confused.

“Bwo he say,” I mouth.

“Turn around,” Min mouths back.

I make O.o face and slowly turn around looking; trying to look through the crowd by standing on tip toes and slowly turns back around to Min and shrug.

“Tell Rin-ah to turn around again,” Woohyun replies.

“He said to tell you to turn around,” Min says.

“But I didn’t see anyone,” I reply.

“That’s because you’re so short,” Myungsoo replies.

Min and I slowly turn around with O_O faces, “Oppas!” we scream ecstatically and hug them.

*click click shutter shutter noises*

“You can hang up now dongsaeng,” Woohyun says chuckling at Min.

“I’m not short..well not that short,” I reply and playfully hit Myungsoo on the shoulder.

“Arasso, arasso mianhe..you’re not that short,” Myungsoo replies and laughs a little.

*click click shutter shutter noises*

“Oppas what are you guys doing here? Don’t you have college to attend?” Min asks.

“Yeah or is L oppa and Woohyun oppa skipping, tsk tsk bwo would your parents say,” I jokingly reply.

“Yah! We are not bad! We don’t attend classes on the weekend this semester,” Myungsoo and Woohyun respond with a little glare towards me, “anyways, bwo are you guys doing?”

“We are sightseeing and shopping..well mostly shopping,” Min and I reply.

“Jinja? Shopping. You guys didn’t seem to find anything you liked, seeing that neither of you have any bags,” Woohyun says raising his eyebrows.

“Oh we found stuff we liked, but we don’t have enough money yet to buy it,” We reply.

Woohyun and Myungsoo then share a knowing look, “Let’s hang out right now, palle!” They say hooking arms with us and we begin walking around.

*click click shutter shutter noises*

“Girls, I believe it is time to put are scheme into plan,” someone says.

“Yeah, let’s make them pay for coming to our school,” another person responds.

 

A/N: Credit to the owner of the pictures.