*NEW* ending summary, final thoughts + explanations

My Small World

Summary of what happened previously: Jungkook notices something between Hyunjung and Tae. Hyunjung and Taehyung had gone to the mall, he runs into his mom who had left the family and runs. Hyunjung goes on a search but finally finds him. Taehyung does forgive his mom in the end. However Jungkook meets Hyunjung in the mall and he breaks up with her.

A/N: ok first off it has been how long since i've updated? almost a year? in that time a lot of you would have no interest left in this story or forgot what even happened (sorry for my bad summary), and that's my fault. I promised i would finish this and not abandon and yet that had been exactly what i had done. But things happen and once i had surpassed ch. 30 i was in a stump and was losing motivation for writing this, but i still tried to update because i wanted to finish. Even if it was filler chapters which there are a lot of in this story. However that didn't mean i never enjoyed writing this, because i honestly did, and i had so many enthusiastic readers who would give me so much feedback that i was and am eternally thankful for. Every comment made me incredibly happy. No matter how much i apologise it wouldn't be enough. As i was straying my focus from this story, the less inclined i was to continue it and then i had left it abandoned for so long that i was too scared to check this site.

For the longest time i felt guilty for leaving this. However, almost a year later and I'm on vacation, i thought that i should finally finish this. If i can't write out the rest of the story, i at least owe those who are still even a little curious, closure.

So tah dah! I wanted to resume but if i did i would make you wait even longer. So down below I will reveal what i had planned for the rest of the story after ch. 43 and the ending. 

apologies in advance for the 437856 typos but this took me four hours to write out bc slow wifi and my fingers are just a dglasjfhg 

!!!!! [I HAVE FIC RECS / SHOUT OUTS AT THE BOTTOM BTW] !!!!!! Also support hixtape <3 ty

this is brief. And it's almost been a year so not everything is fresh in my mind and i may have forgotten some parts - THE REST OF THE STORY IN A NUTSHELL:

  • ch.44 is set back at hyunjung's house a few days later jungkook broke up with her 
  • but basically shinae visits her and talks to her blah blah
  • taehyung and hyunjung have been getting along as normal
  • while hyunjung and jungkook still remain civil to each other in school and still smile at each other etc., but it's hard to talk
  • taehyung notices this
  • every one notices this
  • no one wants to mention it, and when it is, jungkook says it didn't work out in the end and doesn't say more after that because he knows it would make hyunjung uncomfortable
  • while taehyung has a long talk borderline rant to hyunjung and how he thought the breakup was a waste
  • but hyunjung replies that there wasn't much she could do about it
  • while taehyung calls her stupid and says that ofc she could have done something about it and is p much annoyed at her but tries to make her feel better
  • jungkook is still busy with sports
  • there was a scene i had planned where hyunjung was walking in school and she is too into her head and doesn't see jungkook and jongin in their sports attire walking opposite her, until they dodge past her. This was kind of the :( moment for her.
  • but shinae and all of jungkook's friends all still talk to her, which she is surprised about. She was worried that the only rason they were friends with her or even associated with her was because of jungkook - who was the one who opened the doors for her new friendships in the first place. But they said that that was insignificant and that they were still her friends.
  • then on another day
  • hyunjung is with taehyung and she overhears how there was a match afterschool between their school and a private school. She suddenly remembers that she had promised jungkook she woud attend the game before they broke up. Hyunjung is panicking and taehyung is like -_- you idiot. And she's like D': TAEHYUNG WHAT DO I DO. But Taehyung tells her to attend even though she's still like D'': but taehyung keeps telling her to go, and eventually she says she will unless he comes with her. Taehyung, again, is like -_- but he agrees as long as she doesn't chicken out last minute.
  • they attend the game and jungkook sees her. He's surprised she attended and still remembers her promise, and he smiles really wide and waves at her and at first she doesn't know what to do until taehyung kicks her and tells her to wave back. she waves back. This was a scene i also really wated to write at the time too :')
  • she cheers jungkook on in the game and taehyung remains until the end of the game too. Taehyung notices he way she still looks at jungkook and he increases the space between them a little on the spectator bench
  • at the end of the game taehyung says he has to leave immediately but he had seen jungkook looking at hyunjung and wants to leave them alone.
  • jungkook tells hyunjung how he was glad she attended. But neither mention the breakup. They just talk :) and he tells her that he'll see her round.
  • and now the bit in the midle i was kinda D: stuck on. But i wanted to bring taehyung and hyunjung closer. Since 2jung broke up they can spend a lot more time together as friends 
  • time skip and filler chapters 
  • IT'S NEAR THE END OF THE YEAR AND PROM :DDD
  • taehyung and hyunjung are still best friends. Hyunjung and jungkook don't really talk as much but aren't on bad terms
  • taehyung says he doesn't want to go but hyunjung is trying to persuade him and saying it will be fun but taehyung is still like haha lol no and then hyunjung is like >:(( YOU ARE COMING TO PROM WITH ME AND YOU'RE GOING TO MAKE AN EFFORT TO HAVE FUN YOU GRUMPY GREY SACK. So taehyung is persuaded. And they decide to go as friends. 
  • filler chapters - hyunjung and jungkook are gradually going back to the comfortable friend stage. Taehyung has already long been aware of his feelings towards hyunjung, but keeps his distance because she's just had a breakup and he knows she only sees him as a friend
  • and another time skip to the day of prom! shinae invites hyunjung to her house to do her hair and makeup :D telling hyunjung to make sure she brings her dress.
  • she arrives at shinae's house, and they prepare together because i love it when girls get along and support each other :'D i love gal pals
  • shinae does hyunjung's hair and makeup and tells her to put on her dress. shinae is done and ready, and hyunjung asks for help to put on her dress. Shinae is like :'D HYUNJUNG YOURE BEAUTIFUL but hyunjung is like :') shinae you're gorgeous and they have some quality time together :'D
  • AND THEN THEY KISS, REALISE THEIR HIDDEN FEELINGS FOR EACH OTHER AND TAEKOOK CAN GO HOME BECAUSE SHINJUNG IS ENDGAME 
  • lowkey wanted this ending so i could skip the boy drama :'(
  • hyunjung's uncle comes to the house to take lots of pics, and her family inc her brother is there :D shinae and hyunjung pose in shinae's backyard. It's a lovely moment where hyunjung again realises how fortunate she is. ALSO BTW eunsook arrives there all ready in her dress and stuff. Hyunjung told her she could come to prom with them if she wanted since eunsook didn't have any one to go with.
  • but they go in shinae's dad's car to prom (with her dad driving ofc). They stop by at taehyung's house to pick him up. Shinae says that jimin is with jungkook and the other guys (and then it cuts to them and bro time and they take a pre-prom picture together in jungkook's back yard... you know that classic typical bro pic where they're all in their suits)
  • back to shinae, hyunjung and eunsook. they go to tae's neighborhood to pick him up. He's already waiting outside with a corsage for hyunjung (which is good because she forgot to get one :D) and taehyung thinks she's beautiful in the dress, and she compliments his suit :')
  • nice friend moments in the car
  • at the venue! 
  • everyone looks sparkly and beautiful
  • hyunjung is really nervous but then shinae pulls her and tae over to jungkook and the lads
  • jimin and shinae moment 
  • then the focus is on 2jung (also hyunjung can't walk well in heels)
  • but jungkook is enchanted by her and they both just look at each other for a moment and their hearts boom boom :'D 
  • but back to tae who observes this exchange until jimin sees him and practically jumps on him because he thought tae wasn't going to come. 
  • time elapse
  • but they all sit together at a table much like during christmas time
  • prom king is jungkook and prom queen is shinae by popular vote..... not really a surprise :/ but jimin is salty because he wanted to be king so shinae later puts her tiara on him and gives him her flower bouquet and puts her prom queen sash on him to make him feel better but he's still salty that he's not king but it's the best he gets and it's really nice :) prob one of the scenes i really wanted to write too. After jungkook and shinae get an official prom king and queen pic together by the school photographer, jikook take an unofficial prom king and prom queen pic too by shinae but jimin is still salty. 
  • jimin goes to hoseok and is like hey bro, you voted for me right? but hoseok is like :'3 and jimin is like -_- you voted for jungkook didnt you, and hoseok's like :') sorry bro. Jimin then asks all his other friends if they voted for him but turns out all of them voted for jungkook except yoongi who voted for taehyung. So jimin gets sulky and petty until jungkook goes to him and says "hey jimin, i voted for you", and jimin's like :') really bro, and jk's like ;) got ur back bro, and jimin's like :'D i love u bro, and jk is like ;D me too bro. Shinae is just watching this exchange like -_-' i can't believe these two
  • it's getting late and slow dance time
  • jungkook approaches hyunjung and asks her to dance with him. Taehyung is next to her and he just smiles at her (it's a genuine smile even if he is a little sad but he's ok)
  • 2jung go somewhere less crowded in the room and dance together and it's really intimate :') then some point when their heads are really close together his crown slips and hits hyunjung's face but jsakdglakfg it's really awakward and sweet
  • they go to the photo booth and take pics together and it's really fun 
  • they go outside though just to talk and cool down since it's really warm inside
  • then finally jungkook mentions the break up and hyunjung doesn't know what to say
  • he says he doesn't want to lose her as a friend and she feels the same and tells him he's really important to her. And how thankful she is that he became friends with her
  • and then he asks her if she had the chance would she go back and do it all again
  • and without hesitating she says of course she would
  • and then he asks her "would you still want to come back to me?"
  • she's taken aback by this and she's just staring at jungkook 
  • they are in really close proximity btw, so hyunjung fixes his crown and brushes his hair from his face, and then realises how he's looking at her and it hits her how handsome he is :'( shut up emme
  • but he notices how he hesitates and just smiles "of course." and he holds her hands. They basically both wish to remain good friends and jungkook asks for a final hug
  • hyunjung gets emotional and jungkook is trying to reassure her and laughs it off and teases her saying how he's not going to die or smth the next day, they're still going to see each other. But she just tells him how she wishes it could end differently where she didn't hesitate and she did come back to him.
  • and jungkook is surprised, so he hugs her really tightly and she holds him really tightly. So to cheer her up he asks her if she knows about the mandela effect / alternate universe theory, and she replies that she does. he expains just in case
  • and then he tells her that in some alternate universe, they didn't break up. In some alternate universe, hyunjung had stayed back in the countryside and never met him. In some alternate universe, she didn't hesitate at his question and came back to him. 
  • But he says, "In this alternate universe, you chose something else" and how even if it ended that way, he's still glad he's living in this alternate universe.
  • and then hyunjung just reaches up and kisses him on the cheek. He's taken aback, and when she pulls away he kisses her on the cheek. 
  • they're both staring at each other and jungkook leans in before stopping just before her lips, but hyunjung meets him halfway and seals the kiss. 
  • but it's the last 2jung kiss :') and they both know it. They both go back inside together
  • back inside taehyung is rotting in the corner and eating his feelings away at the cupcake bar
  • but he's genuinely having a good time. the other guys had talked to him but they moved to the dancefloor
  • taehyung is thinking about hyunjung and jungkook and is very much absorbed in his thoughts
  • he turns to his side to grab another cupcake only to find hyunjung hogging the rest
  • taehyung is like -_-' how can someone eat so much, and hyunjung sees the disappointed look on his face and she's like o_o --> O_O U WERE GOING TO EAT THOSE?!? I'M SO SORRY
  • so she gives him a half eaten cupcake but he says it's fine
  • taehyung asks why she wasn't with jungkook and tells her to go to him
  • but she says that they did talk :) she does not, however, mention that they kissed
  • they both watch everyone on the dancefloor having a good time. Specifically shinae, jimin and jungkook who are in a circle holding hands and swaying their arms together to dancing queen by abba. Because those three practically grew up together and this is a special moment for them. jimin is still wearing shinae's prom queen tiara and sash.
  • taehyung's turn to thank hyunjung for forcing him to go to prom, and for everything else. They budge closer together and talk a bit more
  • and then hyunjung holds his hand and taehyung tenses up but he doesn't yank his hand away, instead he tightens their hands together 
  • whether it's friendly or romantic is up to you :)
  • but they're not together at the end of prom. I thought that would be too soon D: and hyunjung did kiss jungkook like a few hours prior so D: But it's more like, "oh taejung aren't together now, but they will be together later on"
  • and a glimpse back at school and jungkook has forgotten his pencil case again as usual and hyunjung lends him a pen :')
  • and that's a wrap

SORRY THIS IS CHEESY AND PREDICATBLE BUT TBH THIS ENTIRE FIC IS CHEESY AND PREDICTABLE 

Jungkook was originally meant to be Taehyung’s quiet, moody character, while Taehyung was meant to be Jungkook’s. And it would end the same way and Jungkook would end with Hyunjung. But at the time there were a lot of fics where jungkook was the moody character, so I thought it would be fun to switch :’) and tah dah even though I know it is ooc and very exaggerated.

If you have any questions about the plot or particular characters, don't hesitate to ask :) i may have missed on small details in the nutshell so anything you're curious on ask me!!

This was my first fanfic and I can’t believe it’s been almost two years. As I have said above, I really wished I didn’t have to do this summary and just write the rest out. But I can’t keep making making false promises and leaving you to continue waiting.

In the process of me writing this story, and in the process of me taking an unannounced hiatus. I’d like to think I’ve not only matured in terms of my writing, but also as a person. A lot has happened outside of aff and I looked back on my author’s notes and had to remove some because I really couldn’t believe how immature I was and in all honesty I still think I'm immature aha.

But anyways! In case anyone is thinking that Hyunjung (technically, kind of) ends with Taehyung because he’s my bias, I’ll have you know that I’m actually very very Jungkook biased. At the time I wrote this story I was pretty much Taekook biased (I’m namkook biased now but I still love everyone including tae ok). And my irl best friend supported 2Jung all the way through and was very vocal about it to me :’) many times, and how disappointed she was at how quiet all the 2jung guys were ;) but I saw you guys supporting in the background. I remember when I posted a poll and at some point both sides were equal which made my day lol.

Even though I enjoyed writing this story, at the same time I had massive insecurities for it. Even now I can’t reread the first few chapters or even most of the chapters. I was almost close to deleting it at one point but that would have crossed the line. Even if I cringe looking back at it, it was still part of my writing growth and it is still something I’m proud of, so I will keep this on here forever. Until aff shuts down or something terrible like that but we won’t talk about that now. Thank you all for being on this journey with me. I'm glad I wrote my first fanfic here :-) but I've discovered that chaptered stories aren't for me. When I was in a slump I decided to try tumblr and start off with drabbles, and gradually they're becoming longer and I've been working on oneshots. But i always go back to aff from time to time and check how ppl are doing :') 

also pls support hixtape thank u lovelies

shout outs! - author / fic recs

these are from the top of my head D: i have read so many amazing fics on this site when i was active on here and it would be impossible to give a shout out to every single author. However, these are the ones have left a huge impression on me.

Day by Day | jimin x oc / @btsbiased26 

  • first off, can i just say the dedication @btsbiased26 has to writing is incredible and second to none. Tbh the main reason why I wanted to do a shout out was to promote her hahah. She is honestly so amazing. Please support her fics, because she deserves it all. Even if she doesn't get as much feedback as she deserves, she still updates so regularly and at such a high quality. Click this to direct you to her stories and read all of them. Defintely an underrated writer and a hidden diamond on this site. I'd also like to apologise to her for not commenting because I've spent so long away from this site, but just knowing she's still writing despite how busy she is... she's probably a super hero. But support her and her stories because her writing is a gem. 

more than anything else (in the room) | taehyung x oc x jungkook  + take a breath (and dive in deep) | jungkook x yerim / @playmirth

  • I always find it difficult to answer when someone asks what my favourite fic is, but these two are easily my favourite oneshots and I'm pretty sure I've read each of these at least five times. They're both huge so prepare yourself and find time at night when you read them. There's something about @playmirth's writing style that hooks you in from the start and drags your heart on the floor throughout until the end. But asgdkjfh cry with me I still need to read the rest of her oneshots

Hixtape | my ears and entire body mind heart and soul x jhope's musical god-level talent / The King @Jung Hoseok

  • wow let me tell you guys, this hasn't even come out yet but apparently the world is supposed to end soon, but being honest it's gonna have to be delayed because jung hoseok's Hixtape aka his Hible still needs to be released and I'm not going anywhere until my ears are graced. 

I haven't been reading many fics here recently, but when I was really active on here there were so many fics I loved dearly. So many that it's a shame I can't remember all of them, but I hope every author is doing well because they deserve it.

And once again, just, thank you all so much. I'm a mess :') ALSO ANY QUESTIONS AT ALL PLS DONT HESITATE TO ASK. I'll be hovering on this site for the next few weeks in case :D 

AND SUPPORT HIXTAPE!!! TYVM!!!!

I don't think like to think this is goodbye though, i'll always be lurking :)))))))))))) and you can unsub now, even though that was always an option anyway :^))). But this story won't be deleted so if you come back it will still be here. Who knows maybe I'll write some drabbles of what I haven't wrote someday (e.g. Taehyung rotting at the cupcake bar, Jungkook and Hyunjung outside the venue) ahdhfjf so I won't click the completed button yet (**scattered groans in the audience**) but really I just don't want to say goodbye :'(( I love all of you. And again I'll answer all questions.

 

Ok but lastly, thank you to every single one who's commented, every one who's read this story. Even if you were a silent reader, it doesn't matter because it's still amazing to me you read this. So thank you to every single one of you and the support you have given.

I am still writing, but if I were to publish it on aff it probably won't be on this account. This account will still be in use because I've made friends on this account :)) and it's not really goodbye so :^))))) 

Wishing you all the best.

 

— Kes.