Awake 015 A (Clean)

It Was All A Dream

Rania opened her eyes to see sunlight streaming through the window as her phone vibrated. She blinked a few times and then realized it was her phone. She was on her stomach and so she rolled onto her back, pulling her blanket to her chin, strangely aware of only wearing a sports bra and boxers under the sheet. She reached onto her nightstand and pulled her phone to her ear as she answered it, “Hello?”

TOP chuckled on the other end and she could hear him smile, “I had to leave early for an interview. I’ll be done by three. Can I see you again then?” he asked, careful to speak loudly so that she would register his unspoken request.

Rania sighed and sat up on her bed, looking around her studio apartment. “There’s something on my stove,” she stated.

TOP replied, “That’s your breakfast, or maybe lunch.”

Rania could hear people talking in the background and understood that he was very busy. She sighed and pulled her knees to her chest, “Did you stay the night?”

“I left at about five this morning. I didn’t want to wake you,” he added softly.

Rania made a face and grumbled, “I’m so sore. Did we…?” she let her voice trail and then swallowed, “We did, didn’t we?”

“Yup,” TOP replied, unknowingly blushing a few shades of red, before he added, “Quite a few times, actually.” Rania groaned as she shifted again, and then he added apologetically, “I think I may have been a bit too eager and you were a bit too enthusiastic.”

“Makes sense then,” Rania replied, unknowingly smiling.

There was someone shouting in the background of TOP’s end and then he sighed, “It’s going to start soon. I’ll text you when I’m off. Send me a text whenever, at least three photos,” he added and then added, “Miss you already,” and then hung up.

Rania looked at her phone and then tossed it aside. She thought about it and then sighed.

She pulled her phone in front of her and took a rather provocative selfie, where her blanket covered most of her, but her stopped at her torso, and she simply stared at the camera with dreamy eyes. She sent that photo first and then added at the bottom, ‘You’re responsible for this.

When that was done, she dragged herself out of bed and stretched before walking off to her shower. After getting clean, she dumped the contents of the pot into a bowl and ate it, hungrier than she had ever remembered being. But, of course, before she finished it, she took a selfie of her eating and added, ‘More energy for when you return.

She washed her dishes before setting them aside to dry. She, then, surveyed the apartment and then cleaned. She’d woken up at 9 because of the phone call and wanted to take a mid-day nap, so she worked hard to make everything clean as she washed her sheets and pillow cases. When she spread the clean sheets on the bed and covered the pillows, she sniffed the fresh scent and fell asleep to it.

***

In the evening, when Rania pulled on a big T-shirt and rolled out of her bed, TOP followed suit. He had returned in the afternoon and held her tightly as they slept together. She stood and stretched at the edge of the bed before joining TOP in the kitchen.

 TOP smiled, unpacking the food he had brought over while she napped on the bed. When Rania walked over, TOP pulled out a seat for her and she sat down. He sat in the seat adjacent to her and smiled, the glass table unable to hide how sore she was underneath.

“Why didn’t you say anything to me before last night?” Rania asked, tearing apart a slice of bread.

TOP shrugged, taking a bite of his sandwich, “I didn’t want to seem crazy, especially if you didn’t remember me.”

Rania shrugged and took a sip of her water. She looked at him and then looked at his lips. She reached forward and brushed some crumbs off of his chin and then pulled her hand back, “For what it’s worth, you are magnificent in bed.”

TOP smiled at that. He found out last night that she had no one to compare it to. As his thoughts strayed, his hand that once rested on the table crept under the table and on to her thigh. He turned and she shifted, parting her legs, welcoming his touch, and he slid his hand up her thigh –

There was a knock on the door and then Steph entered, her eyes flaring with anger. TOP’s hand effectively moved back on top of the table and Rania squeezed her knees together. Steph frowned, glaring at TOP and Rania and then she shook her head, “You guys have two weeks together. Are you sure you should be so reckless?” she added.

Rania shrugged, reaching across the table and taking TOP’s hand, “We’re being careful, don’t worry,” Rania added.

TOP smiled and let his fingers lace with hers, “We can’t really date, so we have to stay inside and there’s only so much you can do.” And then he pursed his lips as he smiled. He couldn’t help it, but he was just so happy to be in that situation with her.

Steph sighed and then shook her head, “Whatever. Look, the girl’s are back. We want to see if you still remember how to mix and perform. If you do, you have to join in on our activities here,” she added.

Rania smiled and nodded, “Sure, I want to give it a try. When?” she asked, her attention shifted away from TOP without hesitation.

Steph sat down across from Rania and replied, “We’re gathering up tonight, if you’re up for it. We have to get in while the club is inactive or more-so dead.”

TOP leaned back and watched as Rania replied, happily, “I remember the girls, I think. I can’t wait to see them again,” she added, her smile radiating from her. He couldn’t help but notice the definite change in the air the moment she thought about her past. Something about it all seemed infectious to her, but something about the way she looked forward to getting back to her life shook him.

And that started anew his heartache.

+++

*Note from Author:  This chapter turned out a bit more mature, so I cut out those parts and this was what was left over! If you are of mature age, check out the B version. Don't worry! There are a few chapters left before the new fanfic "Thunder and Lightning" goes up... a continuation of "You're Beautiful"! Can't wait to share that with you!