8..

Pet boy (semi-hiatus until - INDEFINITELY)

"That was quick," Luhan said as he sat down.

"Yeah, no thanks to you!" Kyungsoo mumbled.

"Eh? What could I have done? I tried to buy you time!" Luhan exclaimed while Baekhyun looked between the two parties with wide eyes.

"You guys knew each other?" He asked.

"Not really," Luhan answered. "I just figured out that he was a turner because he had approached Sehun. I don't know much about them, but i still thought i would check up on progress. How was the transformation? Any side effects?"

"Well, I had to rush it because this guy here decided to see me mid-transformation and freaked."

"What are you talking about?" Baekhyun asked.

"Welp," Luhan began, "They are special species, from what i gathered, who are somewhere between humans and other animals. They are born randomly, aren't many in numbers. They choose a human that they want to spend their life with and go to them, and basically spend their lives together with the chosen person."

"How do you know this?"

"Well, I have known this since I picked up Sehun long ago. He is a snake hybrid."

"Wait wait wait. What? Sehun is a snake? How?" 

Sehun who was sitting there silently, watching Kyungsoo, turned to Baekhyun, "What? I'm not gonna bite you, so don't worry."

Luhan laughed and ruffled his hair

Baekhyun looked between them and asked, "So, you are his chosen human? Like mates?"

Luhan shook his head, "No, more like my son. I raised him. Poor thing was so thin back then... He hasn’t chosen his mate, but I think he fancies a pretty lady from the 14th floor. My intuition is that she might fancy him too." Luhan said with a smug, teasing smile in Sehun's direction.

Baekhyun nodded his head as if finally making sense of the situation. Turning to Kyungsoo, he asked, "Do you have someone in mind too?"

Kyungsoo called him an idiot and left the room. Sehun got up and stared at Baekhyun with blank eyes, "Idiot, stupid, dumbo, fool, , halfwit, dunce, dolt, ignoramus, cretin, moron, imbecile, simpleton!" Saying that, he followed Kyungsoo with a satisfied smiled on his face, leaving a dumbstruck Baekhyun and a guffawing Luhan behind.

"What did I do?" Baekhyun asked.

"Well, it is kinda obvious that Kyungsoo chose you, and obviously not as a caretaker. He has literally been all over you ever since he came." Luhan laughed. "Didn't you find it weird that he was so loving towards you for an animal who just met you?"

Baekhyun balked. "You mean.. eh? EH? WHY ME?"

Luhan shrugged, "Like I would know. Do you give yourself a reason before developing a crush? Ask him if you are so curious."

Baekhyun hesitated for a moment, "Maybe I will." Saying so, he went to his room to see Kyungsoo and Sehun laying on the bed beside each other, talking in hushed tones, queting down as Baekhyun got closer to the bed. "How come you didn’t tell me?"

Kyungsoo looked at him with sad eyes, "I have been displaying mating behavior from the start. And you have always responded positively..."

"Why did you chose me Soo?"

Kyungsoo buried his face in the pillow and only came back up for air after Sehun nudged him and whispered something in his ear. "Because I saw you feeding some birds on your balcony one day. You looked kind and beautiful. I don't know, I just felt it."

This surprised Baekhyun. In all his interactions with Kyungsoo, the other just claimed to be his owner and showed indirect warmth. For him to be so honest, he must really be upset. This situation was weird but Kyungsoo didn't seem like he would harm him, so why not just wait and see how things go. He didn't seem himself returning Kyungsoo's feelings but he could still provide him with a home for the time being... "So, what now?"

When Kyungsoo didn't answer, Sehun spoke up, "I want to eat samgyeopsal."

"Good idea!" Luhan said as he pulled Baekhyun out of the room. "Let's go out. It will be a good introduction for Kyungsoo to the world as a human."

Baekhyun didn't resist, but he could tell that Kyungsoo was still down as he shuffled behind them. On their way out, Minseok saw them and invited himself to their dinner when he saw Kyungsoo. Walking right beside the guy he glared at him but when he got no reaction, he walked up to Baekhyun, "Is he okay? He doesn't look like he wants to fight me."

Luhan pulled Minseok into a headlock, "Why are you talking to Baekhyun only? Focus on me too!" Minseok tried to shrug him off, but Luhan was the security guard for a reason, "Since our dear landlord invited himself, he had kindly agreed to treat us all tonight!!"

Before Minseok could resist, both Baekhyun and Sehun started cheering loudly, drowning out his voice. All he could do was huff and reluctantly give in.

--x--

Sated from all the meal, Baekhyun was preparing for bed. Brushing his teeth, he peeked out of the bathroom to see Kyungsoo in the bed, burrowd under his covers. Sighing, he finishsed brushing and walked out to wring Kyungsoo out of his cocoon. A sad Kyungsoo left a bad taste in his mouth and he would rather remember the good taste of all the meat he stuffed himself with tonight, thank you very much.

"Get up!"

Kyungsoo crawled away to the other end of the bed, but Baekhyun grabbed the back of his shirt and started pulling him off the bed.

"If you want to live as a human, you have to behave like one. Let's get you a toothbrush, and then you shall bathe before you get into my bed. You haven't cleaned yourself since you turned and I don't want germs in my bed."

Kyungsoo ruffled up at this, "I don't have germs. I am your owner, and you can't talk to me like this." As soon as he said it he visibly saddened again, and Baekhyun realized it was probably because he felt like he was going to be abandoned, after all, Baekhyun had completely overlooked all of his *ahem* mating signals.

"I don't want a dirty owner!" baekhyun said, deciding to play along slightly just to get Kyungsoo out of his sad funk.

The owl boy's eyes widened, and the his lips tugged up in a smile. Straightening up, Kyungsoo humphed, "You don't get to decide!"

Baekhyun rolled his eyes, "sure!"

He helped Kyungsoo learn how to brush teeth, shower and perform all other daily human tasks. Kyungsoo was a quick learner so just one demonstration was enough and Baekhyun felt relieved that he could leave him alone home tomorrow and not come back to a burned down house.


Lol I tried to finish personal assistant before focusing on this but i am totally uninspired about it so might as well just work on the one i can write something for. and so, here i am!!

Other stories: The Personal Assistant, bad kids, best of best* exo fic recommendations, Baeksoo oneshot* collection, you found me!, Stupid Exo Oneshot collections, The God of laziness, Exobend, baeksoo reference list, snow white, The mermaid's kiss, Hovike

Awesome people: Tina08, PeasentOTP