4..

Pet boy (semi-hiatus until - INDEFINITELY)

"It was Chanyeol. I also know why you kept on hearing the knocks even though there was no one in the corridor. The little was ing pecking at the door through one of the holes. Stupid owl can't tell the difference between its own behaviour and that of a woodpecker. THE PAINT IS CHIPPED. IT WAS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL DOOR!" Minseok started flailing about at the loss of paint from the bottom of the door of one of the rooms in his building.

Baekhyun got him a glass of water to calm him down. It helped since Mineok stopped going crazy and looked around Baek's room. "Where is the damned bird anyways?"

"It wanted to go feed so I let it out...Hyung I am scared it might not come back."

Minseok let out a sigh of relief, "Good riddance. Now you don't have to go to a shelter."

Baekhyun didn't share the relief though, "But Kyungsoo is such a small owl. What if he gets hurt, or eaten, or or....I don't know, sick? hurt somehow?"

Minseok looked at Baekhyun in disbelief, "Seriously? Don't tell me you got attached. We decided to take him away remember? The bird will cause a ruckus here."

Baekhyun pouted, "Yeah hyung..."

Minseok felt bad, but he didn't want to indulge Baekhyun in this. "You know that the rules are in place for a reason right? I am sorry baby bro but I won't help you in this one. Be happy that the owl left by himself, so you didn't have to give it awaYYYY."  Minseok was finishing his sentence when Kyungsoo swooped into the room and settled on his head, grazing his scalp with his talons. "AARGH! GET IT OFF OF ME."

Baekhyun jumped and picked Kyungsoo into his arms, while Luhan mumbled a sleepy Hello Kyungsoo. Sehun smiled in his sleep at hearing shouts, but otherwise didn't stir.

Minseok stomped to Baekhyun and glared at Kyungsoo sitting on his palm. He wagged a finger in the owl's face to scold him about the door and basically everything else that was wrong with world. All he got in return was an apathetic hoot before Kyungsoo jumped to Baekhyun's shoulder, and touched his beak to the human's cheek. Baekhyun resisted the urge to coo, seeing how Minseok was fuming red in front of him.

Kyungsoo hooted and raised his beak up, as if turning his nose up at Minseok, before, just like last night, turning his back on Minseok by moving around on Baekhyun's shoulder.

Minseok was pissed because he hated being ignored, and he hated losing to anyone, especially when that someone is a bird. He also didn't like how this bird was showing affection to Baekhyun by rubbing his beak on his cheek or in the hair at the base of his neck. He also felt betrayed at how Baekhun was enjoying himself, looking at the owl with funny eyes. He should be on his side and try to kick the blasted owl out instead of going googly eyed at him.

Baekhyun chuckled as he ran a finger behind Kyungsoo's neck, the way the owl seemed to like. "I honestly think it is going to hard to part with you. You are so cute."

Minseok huffed, "Baekhyun!"

"I know I know. I was just wondering why Chanyeol would give me a bird. I know we are good neighbours and all, but he knows the building rules. He isn't so cruel that he would play such a prank. He loves animals too much to do something like this."

Minseok was wondering the same thing. This was unlike Chanyeol. He texted the said man, asking him to come over to Baek's for a minute if he was still in the building and resumed glaring at Kyungsoo who was looking at him with his beady eyes. The owl somehow made him feel like him and his baggage (Luhan and Sehun) were intruding in his territory.

Baekhyun obliviously was asking Kyungsoo about how his hunt went as he was doing a search on the nearest shelters that could house owls.

Chanyeol arrived a minute later and knocked on Baek's apartment door. Minseok let him in and led him to where Baek was sitting. "Dude what the ?" was all he said in terms of greeting.