3..

Pet boy (semi-hiatus until - INDEFINITELY)

Baekhyun fell asleep somewhere around 4, after his futile attempts at checking up on a sulking Kyungsoo. He didn't care anymore, too tired for anything. To his immense annoyance, he felt a voice whispering in his head to wake up. It was really windy in his room. Did he leave the windows open? Gosh that hurt, his forehead hurt as if someone was poking a needle there. And there was this weight on his lips, and what was going on???? Baekhyun opened his eyes to see huge yellow eyes and a beak staring back at him.

"Whoo"

"....Aaargh!" Baekhyun scrambled to get up and sent the owl flying in circles in the room with a startle. "What the ? Why do I have an owl..."

Kyungsoo sat down on the end of the bed farthest away and cocked his head upside down, eyes still judging.

Reality took a minute to settle in, and the next time Baekhyun screamed was not because he was surprised by a random owl in his room. "What are you doing with your head? Oh my god! Did I break you somehow last night? . Oh my god you will die and I am so sorry. no. I am a murderer." Baekhyun started wailing but stopped to a sniffle when kyungsoo straightened his head again, judging him like there was no tomorrow. The blinked at each other for a moment before Baekhyun had his second realization of the day. "Ah yeah. Burrowing owls do that too. I saw the pics. Phew! I am so glad." Turning to his clock he frowned. 4:56 am.

Kyungsoo ruffled his feathers to get attention back on himself. Open the door. Gotta go feed you stupid pet

"Right now? But its only 5 in the morning. Oh, yeah you are active around dusk and dawn. Sure sure, let me open the balcony door for you." Baekhyun got off his bed, rubbing his forehead. He the light and was about to exit the room, but he saw his reflection in the mirror. "What is that?" he asked pointing to his extremely red forehead with one point looking like it would start bleeding if it was abused a little bit more. Turning to kyungsoo he sternly wagged a finger in his direction. "Did you do this? Bad bird!"

Kyungsoo just hooted in response, showing no remorse. Let me out already

"I can't believe you pecked me till I woke up. Stupid owl!" Baekhyun mumbled.

Kyungsoo's sharp ears picked it up though and he wasn't very happy. He circled around Baekhyun's head before grabbing onto his hair with his talons and yanked his head back lightly. You should be glad that I only touched it lightly and not peck. If I had actually been pecking, you wouldn't have intact skin there stupid human. Whoo you calling stupid?

Baekhyun paused to look at kyungsoo before shrugging and thinking to himself that he was still lacking in sleep. "Yeah yeah, get out." he said as he let Kyungsoo out the balcony door. The other looked at him one last time as a way of goodbye and flew away.

Baekhyun walked back in, ruffling his head. He made to close the door, but decoded against it. He didn't know when kyungsoo would come back...or on second thought, would he even come back? He was a bird who was just allowed to fly away. Why would he come back. Maybe he should close the door, Baekhyun thought and locked the balcony door again. He went back and sat down on his bed and thought of kyungsoo. It wasn't like he expected him back...or wanted. Like, he wasn't even allowed to keep kyungsoo, so it would be easier for him if kyungsoo never came back. He wasn't expecting anything... He really wasn't. But what if. What if kyungsoo did come back. The poor thing would be stuck outside. And he was so tiny too. Would the little owl be able to fend for himself, find food, fight off predators. He was a bird of prey himself, but still. Worry took over Baekhyun as he thought of the safety of his accidental pet. Sighing, he got up and went back to open the door, and left it slightly open, enough for Kyungsoo to easily come back in. He settled back into his bed and tried to sleep.

The next time Baekhyun woke up was when he got a call from Minseok asking if he was skipping his work today. baekhyun looked at the time and groaned. 8 am. He was going to be an hour late, or half if he hurried and took a taxi instead of the subway. He was about to start rushing but then he remembered something. Kyungsoo wasn't back. Did he run away, or fly away, then? For some reason Baekhyun refused to believe it. He wanted to wait for his owl, no, Kyungsoo to come back.

He decided to call a sick day, and let minseok know that he would be in his apartment all day long. He pulled out his laptop and started working from home. Five minutes later, there was a knock on the door. baekhyun opened the door to allow Minseok in, dragging a half asleep Luhan and sehun who was already asleep on his feet. He ceremoniously threw them both on Baek's bed and sat down.

"What's up with the extra baggage?" Baekhyun asked, amused eyebrow raised. "Did Kris and Tao come in for their shift already? You should have let these two sleep, they look dead."

Luhan gave a supportive grunt. Sehun, who was fast asleep, didn't even bother with anything. 

"We know who left the box in front of your door."


I always found it fascinating how owls could turn their heard 180 degree. i wanted to try but unfortunately, i can only turn it by 100 or so. burrowing owls can turn their heads upside down which is so amazing.

Burrowing owls feed around dusk and dawn.. did i write that already? 

Whoa! This was an update after such a long time. Did you guys miss me? I expect to have more time for personal life starting 2016 feb or so. we'll see, but till then i have literally no time to write or breathe. good thing i wrote this beforehand.

Until next update *bows*

Other stories: The Personal Assistant,   bad kids,   best of best* exo fic recommendations,   Baeksoo oneshot* collection,   you found me!,   Stupid Exo Oneshot collections,   The God of laziness,    Exobendbaeksoo reference listsnow whiteThe mermaid's kiss

Awesome people: Tina08,  PeasentOTP