6..

Pet boy (semi-hiatus until - INDEFINITELY)

That morning, unlike other mornings, Kyungsoo didn't wake Baekhyun up to let him out for hunting. When Baekhyun woke up, he opened the door for Kyungsoo to leave, but the owl refused to go.

"Are you upset that I am giving you away?" Baekhyun asked as he Kyungsoo's back. The owl nipped at his fingers gently, but otherwise didn't do anything else. Sighing, Baekhyun put him in the cage, saying, "I have to get ready for work. If you aren't leaving then stay here. I have to go shower."

But Kyungsoo was beign stubborn, and kept asking to be let out of his cage. When Baekhyun tried ignoring him, he threw a temper tantrum, shaking the cage so hard, it almost fell off from where it was kept.

Frustrated, at the weird behaviour displayed by the owl, Baekhyun let him out but in strong words told him, "do not up the place and please, try to behave, or else I am going to learn today hat owl legs tasted like."

Kyungsoo just turned his head away, as if turning his nose up at Baek, and went to sit on the bed quietly.

"Weird bird" baekhyun thought to himself. Well, it wasn't like Kyungsoo had exactly match the description of normal for burrowing owls, from his knowledge from online portals. Even though he had the traits of a normal burrowing owl, kyungsoo seemed much smarter than others. So much so, that sometimes Baekhyun would speak to him as if he was another human.

Baekhyun walked into the shower thinking that if Kyungsoo was a human, he would still have been weird, but a good companion to have either ways..maybe..

---

After a good long shower, Baekhyun walked feeling refreshed and ready to tackle the day and maybe check up on why Kyungsoo was behaving weirdly. Maybe he would take him to a vet. Except, all those thoughts flew out of his head when he saw something hideous sitting on his bed. Baekhyun shrieked and stumbled backwards, because right before him was a owl-human hybrid thing.

It had huge, but human, eyes a beak where his nose and mouth should have been. Somehow, Baekhyun knew that this was what he had previously thought to be cute little pet owl, Kyungsoo. His torso was , save for tufts of plume around his collar bones and shoulders. His arms were still wings, but fingers were visible at the end; his legs were turning human and were almost halfway there, starting from his feet. His tail was still there, and feathers covered the other areas, with a very bird like anatomy.

Freaking out, Baekhyun tried to run back to the bathroom to protect himself from this monstrosity that was in his room for some reason. The hybrid, flew/ran at him to stop him from going in and locking himself in there, and tried saying something, but all that came out was a disgruntled squak.

Baekhyun tried to protect himself from that thing by picking up his hair spray from his vanity and posing it as a weapon, against the owl boy's huge eyes. "DON'T EAT ME. I AM SORRY. IT WAS A JOKE WHEN I SAID I WOULD EAT YOUR LEGS. SORRY!"

Another squak, followed by a hoot.

"I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE SAYING, BUT IF YOU TRY TO HURT ME, I WILL SPRAY YOUR EYES." Baekhyun screamed, trying to keep his hands from shaking too much with fear.

Baekhyun watched with terror as the wing arms were replaced with normal human arms, and the rest of the body lost almost all its plumage, except down feathers covering sections here and there. The thing, or rather Kyungsoo, was starting to appear as a harmless human. The beak was almost gone, except for his mouth area. It was tiny little thing now, and a cute little human nose was already in place. But Baekhyun needed to remember that despite how innocuous​ he looked, he had been an owl that morning, and not a normal being that could be trusted.

 

 

"Whoopid" The thing was trying to say something to him, but Baekhyun didn't understand. He just pushed his hand holding the can closer in Kyungsoo's direction, to threaten him more.

"I hate you! You are so ing stupid." were the first actual words out the mouth of now fully human looking boy.

Had it been some other say, Baekhyun would have appreciated the cuteness of the boy in front, the defined and toned body, the big eyes, the soft fluffy hair...but today wasn't some other day. Today was the day when he saw his pet owl change in front of him. All his internet searches, and talks with Chanyeol about caring and handling his pet hadn't prepared him for this moment, because it wasn't ING NORMAL!

"What are you?" Baekhyun asked the sniffling owl boy.

"I am your master! And you are my pet. How dare you not recognize me?" Kyungsoo said as he crossed his arms in front of him in fake annoyance, eyes still watery.

"I meant as in what life form are you? Last time I checked, owls don't turn into humans." Baekhyun said, not letting his guard down for even a second.

Kyungsoo turned his nose up at him as he walked out of the bathroom, and onto Baekhyun's bed. "I won't talk to you if you will keep aiming that hairspray at me. I am your master dammit! Treat me with respect."

"LIKE HELL I WOULD PUT IT DOWN. DON'T IGNORE MY QUESTION" Baekhyun said as he inched out of the bathroom, slowly making his way towards his phone to call the police. Kyungsoo beat him to it though, and before Baekhyun knew it, soo was again sitting on the bed, holding his phone now.

"I am an owl human. I stay as an owl until I select a pet and then I turn human. Simple! Now you get to serve me for the rest of your life."

"It's not simple. What do you want?" Baekhyun asked, ever suspicious, and justly so.

"I don't want anything. It just is the nature of things. Think of it as a metamorphosis of butterflies from pupae. Just this is much faster, and a bit more unbelievable. I won't blame you for being in awe. You should be. But now that I have turned, I will stay as your companion for the rest of your life. A small price I am willing to pay for a pet forever. There are others of us out there. I thought you would have known. What with your friend being one of us." Kyungsoo said with a shrug.

"What?" Baekhyun said, as he unconciously lowered his spray can a little bit. "Who?"

"Whoooo" Kyungsoo replied.

Baekhyun groaned in frustration. Why was Soo always so hard to deal with. "Seriously Soo? I already know you can talk to me so don't pretend to speak owl language anymore. Wait. Did you manipulate my mind when I thought it was my brain was telling me things about you? No, first answer who is like you."

Kyungsoo shrugged as he lay on his back on top of Baekhyun's ironed suit, wrinkling it up, and not caring in general. He picked up Baek's comforter and burrowed himself in it as he answered, "Like I said before, I am not talking to you as long as you are threatening to hurt me with your spray, or call the police. You send me away and I am outing your friend. And trust me," he added with a snort, "you don't want to lose this friend. He is extremely dear to you afterall."

Baekhyun lowered his can before bringing it up again, "Are you going to hurt me?"

"Do I look like an idiot to you? Don't lump yourself together with me."

Baekhyun finally put the spray can down as he sat down on the floor near the bed, still clad in nothing but his boxers. Hey, it was still better than Kyungsoo who was rolling around on top of his ironed, freshly dry cleaned suit, ... "KYUNGSOO GET OFF MY SUIT BEFORE YOU RUIN IT! BAD BIRD!"

Kyungsoo just poked his head out from the mock burrow he made of his Baekhyun's comforter and hooted at him to shut him up, before disappearing from sight again. 

 


Courtship displays include flashing white markings, cooing, bowing, scratching, and nipping

Dunno why i felt like adding that up there. Don't let your hopes be raised. Also, forgive all the abruptness and grammar mistakes. I tried to finish all this in one day because i felt guilty for not updating in forever.

ignore grammatical errors please

Other stories: The Personal Assistant,   bad kids,   best of best* exo fic recommendations,   Baeksoo oneshot* collection,   you found me!,   Stupid Exo Oneshot collections,   The God of laziness,    Exobendbaeksoo reference listsnow whiteThe mermaid's kiss

Awesome people: Tina08,  PeasentOTP