5..

Pet boy (semi-hiatus until - INDEFINITELY)

"What?" Chanyeol asked, bewildered at being cornered by an angry Minseok so early in the morning, but then his attention was diverted to Kyungsoo. Not a special feat really, since his attention span wasn't that great, but Kyungsoo revelled in more hero worship he received from this new human cooing at him.

"Hello there!" Chanyeol baby talked Kyungsoo, "What is your name?"

Baekhyun smiled as he told Chanyeol about Kyungsoo, both ignoring Minseok throwing a temper tantrum in the back.

Luhan grumbled as he sat up a moment later to all the squealing and ranting. "What is all this ruckus about?"

Baekhyun rushed to his side with Kyungsoo's on his palm, "Minseok said that we should give Kyungsoo away since we now know that Chanyeol delivered him to my door, but Chanyeol said that he only put the package in front of my door because someone asked him to pass it over to me. What should I do?"

"Why are you asking Luhan?" Minseok said exasperatedly. 

Luhan nodded, "Minseok, Baekhyun is right. We still don't know then who sent Kyungsoo to him, so I am not sure if you should return the little one to a shelter."

Throwing his hands up in the air with frustration, Minseok said, "I don't want to be the bad guy here but rules are rules."

"How about this? We inform the neighbours on this floor that Baekhyun temporarily has an owl with him. Ask if they have any objections and we can take it forward from there. When we have thought this through and found the sender, you can decide what to do."

"Good idea!" Baekhyun, said, belatedly trying to tone down the happiness and excitement from his voice, earning a withering glare from Minseok.

"Yeah! Good idea! What idea?" Chanyeol interjected, and the owl gave out a judging rasp at the man with short attention span, who was trying to touch his wings now.

"One more week. That is all Baekhyun! Like I said, don't' get too attached." Saying so, Minseok picked up the still sleeping Sehun and escorted a sleepy and stumbling luhan back to their quarters.

Chanyeol left a few moments later, leaving the pet and the bird together. Kyungsoo let out a tired hoot as he settled down, his ruffled feathers, coming back to their normal position.

"I am glad that i could keep you for another week. I would be really sad to have to let go of such a cute pet as you. Maybe I should move away?" Baekhyun said, chuckling as he Kyungsoo's head. The owl slowly closed his eyes, relishing the gently touch. "... I think I really like you Kyungsoo." Baekhyun's eyes crinkled up into half smiles as he gazed at the bird lovingly.

"Food time!" He finally said as he stopped petting the owl and walked away to the kitchen, unaware of the worried look the bird shot at him.

---x---

Next morning, however, the love was gone when Kyungsoo woke Baekhyun up, yet again, by pecking at his forehead. Baekhyun cursed as he woke up, touching his forehead to check if the skin broke. Thankfully, it was still okay, but he now had a red spot right in the middle of his forehead. 

"I have to go to work. This better have gone down by then." Baekhyun complained.


Lemme out

Baekhyun stared at Kyungsoo, "I swear it is almost creepy how I know exactly what you are thinking sometimes." Shaking his head, he took a good look around his room and almost let out a shriek. Everything was a mess, bird feathers all over the place, his lamp had been knocked down, there was even a scratch mark on the wall. "WHAT THE KYUNGSOO? BAD OWL!"

You weren't waking up!

"I don't care if you need to be let out, but i will not stand for this. If you are living with me, you gotta behave!" Stomping over to his balcony door, Baekhyun let Kyungsoo out. The owl fluttered out after one hesitating glance in his direction.

4:34

Maybe he could get some more sleep. 

--

Baekhyun kept waiting for Kyungsoo to come back. He was already dressed up and ready to go to work. Closing the door as Kyungsoo deposited himself on the table, Baekhyun turned to the bird. "I have to go now. Be good and don't make another mess. I will be back by evening. I don't know why i am still talking to you..."

Kyungsoo buzzed and ruffled his feathers, but Baekhyun walked out the door anyways saying one last goodbye.

--

Baekhyun came back home that evening with a bid cage. Apparently it was a right decision because his house looked like a burglar had ransacked the place. "KYUNGSOO! I TOLD YOU TO BEHAV-" Baekhyun panicked when he didn't see the bird around. Then he remembered that Kyungsoo could probably be in his makeshift burrow. 

The cage he had bought was big enough for kyungsoo's box's contents to fit in. Baekhyun had just set the cage down when Kyungsoo appeared from his box. One look at the cage had him hissing and rasping at it. 

"Oh cmon. DOn't act like you don't deserve it. Look at what you did to the place." baekhyun said as he started moving the contents of kyungsoo's box to the cage, despite the owl's protests. It was a whole different struggle altogether to get Kyungsoo to actually go in to check it out. "Promise, I will only put you in when I go to the office. okay? i still can't trust you in here."

Kyungsoo squaked, but a knock on his door drew Baekhyun away.

"Oh, good! You finally put him in a cage. Seeing the condition of your house, i do think you have finally come to your senses." It was Minseok, staring at Kyungsoo with a smirk. The latter ignored him and went inside his burrow again, not allowing the human any satisfaction of gloating. "So, Baek. Any luck finding the sender?"

"Unfortunately not."

Minseok nodded. "Do you really like him so much?"

"He is cute and it would make me sad to have to give him away, if i am being completely honest with you. I would rather keep him. But i also want to continue living in this building with you, so its a tough decision." 

Minseok patted Baekhyun's back and pulled him aside to discuss shelter options. Kyungsoo peeked out of his burrow to try and find out what was going on, however, his mobility was severely decreased due to the cage. Things did not look good for him.

---

And like this, two more days passed...


MISS ME? MISS ME? DID YA?

Other stories: The Personal Assistant,   bad kids,   best of best* exo fic recommendations,   Baeksoo oneshot* collection,   you found me!,   Stupid Exo Oneshot collections,   The God of laziness,    Exobendbaeksoo reference listsnow whiteThe mermaid's kiss

Awesome people: Tina08,  PeasentOTP