Expect the Unexpected

Roommates

Kyungsoo is arubtly awaken to the sound of the door closing shut to his and Minseok's room. He lets out a not-so quiet groan as he tries his best to open his eyes despite the harsh sunlight but he still ends up squinting towards the direction of the noise.  He assumes it's Minseok because of the blurry figure and because this is also their room.

"Good morning beautiful," Minseok greets sarcastically.

   Kyungsoo knows he looks a mess. Aside from the eye boogers he has yet to wipe away, the red marks imprinted on the side of his face from sleeping on his laptop, and bed hair; he also has drool on the side of his face as a result from him crashing so hard. Last night was relaxing until the clock said 2am and he still wasn't done with his report. 

  Kyungsoo ended up finishing, barely. But he got through it and turned in the project before the deadline. 

"Atleast I'm not sweaty," Kyungsoo counters once he can properly see. 

  Minseok is drenched in sweat. He's exhaling quickly trying to catch his breath as sweat beads rolls down his temple. Kyungsoo's kind of grossed out because he didn't think it was possible for someone to be this sweaty. But here Minseok is, putting his earphones neatly on his desk while covered in persperation.

"I'm sweaty but still attractive. You on the other hand look a mess."

"Keep telling yourself that," Kyungsoo finalizes as he rests his head back on his pillow. He's not even sure what time it is but he knows it's too early. 

  Kyungsoo hears Minseok's small laugh before he hears footsteps coming closer to him. He's glad that he can talk comfortably with Minseok even though they've known each other for less than 24 hours. It took almost a month for Kyungsoo to talk comfortably with Jongdae because he wasn't sure if Jongdae was the type to get offended or not at his rude jokes. 

Luckily Jongdae didn't get offended and even started making rude jokes with and at Kyungsoo, that's when the friendship blossomed.

   When Minseok leaves out the room again, most likely to take a shower, Kyungsoo gets comfortable again and hopes his sleep does not get disturbed for the next three hours. He also wonders if Minseok will be that type of friend he can drag in a lovingly way, just like Jongdae.

  Kyungsoo feels like he's only had his eyes shut for five seconds when he feels someone poking his torso. He thinks if he remains still the poking will stop but it doesn't.

  When Kyungsoo opens his eyes he's annoyed to find Minseok poking him. He knows the poking might be for a valid reason but those reasons don't cross his mind when he's half sleep Atleast Minseok looks decent now, Kyungsoo thinks.
His hair is still down and he's wearing a red TVXQ hoodie with gray sweatpants. Kyungsoo would ask Minseok if he liked TVXQ if he wasn't currently glaring at him. 

"What?" Kyungsoo bites out.

  Minseok eyes Kyungsoo down in a judgmental way. Kyungsoo wonders if there's something on his face besides the drool.

"I was trying to be nice and tell you that you slept through two of your alarms," Minseok says. "But since you want to be rude then fine. Go back to sleep."

   With those harsh words Minseok takes his book bag and quickly leaves out their shared room. Kyungsoo lets out a loud sigh and throws his head back onto his pillows. Just when he thought he and Minseok were somewhat friends, it went back to potential enemies all because he's not a morning person.

Great.

 

  Kyungsoo still feels like crap after he gets dressed. He's already twenty minutes behind schedule and doesn't have time for breakfast. Now he has to starve during Physics II and History (since he unfortunately has the classes back to back). 

  He stuffs his book bag with his laptop, remaining school supplies, a granola bar he stole from Jongdae's room, and the pens Minseok gave him. His hand is touching the knob of the door when he realizes that he's really blind and can't see. There's no time for Kyungsoo to attempt to put on contacts so he grabs his round framed glasses; Then he exits the room. 

    Instead of Chanyeol being outside it's his other neighbor, the noisy neighbor. He's standing in the hallway tapping away on his phone. Kyungsoo wants to ask if he can even see what's on his phone with black shades on but he chooses to keep the thought to himself.

  His neighbor in room J looks up once he closes the door. There's a few suggestive marks on the guys tan skin, most likely more under his gray t-shirt.

"Hey Kyungsoo," The guy from room J smiles.

"Hey Jongin. Did you have fun last night?" Kyungsoo asks. He knows he's running late but small talk with Jongin won't take too long.

"You heard?" Jongin's smirks.

"Yeah you and whoever you were with nearly scared my roommate. Thank goodness Chanyeol's guitar playing tuned the moans out."

"Sorry about that...the person I was with was very vocal. I guess that's why he's in the choir."

"What's his name?" Kyungsoo asks because he's in the choir and he knows everyone. He hopes that it wasn't Jongdae who was with Jongin even though he knows Jongdae would never. Plus he was with Jongdae so it didn't add up...but still, he knows everyone in the choir. Who could have possibly fallen victim to Jongin's killer charm?

"I don't know...I think it started with a P? Maybe a B? Baekhee?" Jongin attempts to remember. 

"That's a girl name."

"Well he moaned like one," Jongin points out. They both end up laughing.

  The small talk stayed short just like Kyungsoo knew it would. They spent only a few seconds trying to figure out who Jongin was with until Jongin told Kyungsoo flat out that he did not care what the person's name was since it was a one night stand. Right after Jongin offered to buy Kyungsoo coffee which Kyungsoo agreed to immediately. He figured since he was late already it wouldn't hurt to be even more late. Plus free coffee; If it's free it's for me, Kyungsoo always says.

  

   Kyungsoo ends up making it out of History alive in once piece. Physics II wasn't too bad since he's actually really good at the subject but Histor's another story. It's too boring for him. He finds it useless for him to learn about dead guys when he's supposed to be a Biomedical Engineer.

  He celebrates by throwing away the cold cup of coffee Jongin bought for him (he completely forgot that he loathed coffee) and texting Jongdae to meet him at the South Wing cafeteria for lunch. 

  Kyungsoo takes his sweet time to get to the cafeteria because he knows Jongdae is doing the same. Spring time on campus is actually nice for once. Instead of last years early heat wave there's a cold front that keeps the weather in the 15 degree celsius range. So it's actually enjoyable to walk around campus and see the day calmly progress.

It's around one in the afternoon when Kyungsoo meets up with Jongdae at the cafeteria. 

"Looks like masked man is back in action," Kyungsoo remarks to Jongdae.

  Masked man is Jongdae's spring time alter ego, better yet his other half. The nickname dates back to last spring when Kyungsoo and Jongdae were on friendly terms and Jongdae wore a mask 95% of the time. Since Jongdae's allergies were really bad and he was too lazy continuously blow his nose, he wore a black surgical face mask to hide his runny nose.

"Masked man is back and ready to drag anyone who tries to say something about him," Jongdae replies.

"Did you take your medicine?"

"Yes. But I took it late so it's not in full effect yet," Jongdae answers.

  Kyungsoo shakes his head at Jongdae before grabbing his hand and leading him into the cafeteria. There's a reason why Kyungsoo calls Jongdae his adoptive son; vice versa when Jongdae is the one taking care of him.

  Today the pair gets a booth by the windows a.k.a best seats in the place. They can enjoy their food and make fun of the soccer players on the field. Spring time is also the time when the soccer season starts back up, which means the teasing of the soccer players starts back up.

"Wow the first day of practice and that blonde one thinks it's acceptable to cross the captain," Kyungsoo shakes his head as he stuffs a spoonful of mixed rice into his mouth.

"He has to start the season off with a bang right? Cross the captain and earn respect?" Jongdae tries reason. He sips the soup the Kyungsoo forced him to get (so it could clear up his nostrils) and frowns. "I can't even taste this."

"He can't earn respect with that getup. I mean neon orange cleets with piss yellow shorts? Nope," Kyungsoo scoffs.

 Kyungsoo has to pat Jongdae's back to stop him from choking. It's not his fault that his teasing is harsh, the guy had it coming.

  They talked about the soccer players for quite awhile. They turned it into a game and kept score on who could make the most insults. Kyungsoo was off to a good start until Jongdae came in with mutiple burns Kyungsoo's sure the soccer players felt. Especially when Jongdae started going off about the captains on and off again thighs and chicken legs.

  Jongdae celebrated by using Kyungsoo's credit card to get them two large bubble teas. He came back and told Kyungsoo that Tao, main worker at the bubble tea stand said hey. Kyungsoo sipped on his green tea boba and waited for Jongdae to start up the conversation.

"So how's your roommate?" Jongdae asks after a two minute peaceful silence.

"He hates me again," Kyungsoo answers.

"There was a time when he liked you?"

"He seemed to like me last night," Kyungsoo says. He notices Jongdae's eyes get wide and he cuts him off before the elder even thinks about assuming the worst, "No we did not sleep together you e. He was startled by Jongin's usual noise and he sat on my bed so we could both listen to Chanyeol play the guitar."

"Mhm," Jongdae hums still not convinced.

"Chanyeol only played two songs and when he finished that's when Jongin finished what he was doing. Then Minseok got off my bed and went back to sleep."

"It better have been that way or else I would have had to beat you," Jongdae says. "Anyways, What did you do now for him to hate you again?"

"He was bothering me when I was sleep and I caught an attitude with him.  I was in the wrong since he was only trying to tell me that I slept through two alarms."

"Messy," Jongdae finalizes. Kyungsoo has to agree with him.

 

  Kyungsoo knows better than to have a lot of classes on Mondays unlike freshman year. The man courses he has on Mondays are Physics II and History along with his one extra curricular, chorus, which isn't until six at night. Jongdae is also smart and has a similar Monday schedule just different main courses.

  They head back to Jongdae's room to waste time and most likely take a nap until it's time for them to go to chorus practice. 

Just as they arrive Junmyeon's leaving. Kyungsoo silently celebrates to himself. It's not like he dislikes Junmyeon he just doesn't know the guy that well so he's not comfortable with acting like himself. Kyungsoo stands silently next to Jongdae and waits for the door to be open again so he can lay down.

"Where are you going?" Jongdae asks.

"Our snack supply is running low so I'm going off campus to restock. Is there anything specific you want?" Junmyeon questions.

"Ummm...uhhh...oh yeah! Those fruit snacks from the international section. Only if you're going to that store though, if not then just get me the granola bars and I'll pay you back."

"I got it. You don't have to pay me back," Junmyeon shakes his hand. "Kyungsoo do you want anything?"

"No," Kyungsoo lowly replies.

"Okay. If you change your mind then just tell Jongdae to text me what you want. Same goes for you Jongdae...just text if you want something else. Just don't text after I get what you asked for," Junmyeon turns to the way of the stairs and starts walking.

"I will. Thanks Junmyeon," Jongdae almost sings. Kyungsoo can tell Jongdae's smiling under the mask just by the way cheeks are higher than usual. Not to mention his eyes are crescents.

  They enter Jongdae's room and Kyungsoo thinks to himself if he and Minseok will ever have that type of roommate relationship. He also wonders if he will ever get Minseok's number.

 

  The four hours fly by quickly and soon enough Kyungsoo and Jongdae are at choir practice. They spent their leisure time 'studying' which actually meant them sleeping for almost two hours and wasting the remaining time on their laptops looking for rare pepe's as per usual.

  Kyungsoo is in his spot with the alto's making faces at Jongdae who's in the sopranos section. Jongdae starts mocking their annoying choir instructor and Kyungsoo is about to laugh until the instructor eyes him down. He stops what he's doing immediately.

For today's agenda they have to learn a new song called What If. Kyungsoo thinks the song is good until the teacher assigns the solos. Kyungoo has a solo just like he expected because he knows he's one of the best along with Jongdae. Jongdae has a solo as well, but the last solo is assigned to the person he highly dislikes, his old roommate Byun Baekhyun.

  Baekhyun always tries to make conversations with Kyungsoo like Kyungsoo didn't curse him out the day he finished his last final freshman year. Kyungsoo usually ignores the boy but now since they have the solos, it is now required for him to interact more with Baekhyun. Kyungsoo feels sick just thinking about.

He, Jongdae, and Baekhyun are in the front doing vocal warm ups in the key of the song when Kyungsoo starts to notice something. He actually looks at Baekhyun for the first time in seven months and aside from his toasted brown hair and healthy complexion there's something else, suggestive marks.

  There's red marks all over his neck traveling down below his white t-shirt. Kyungsoo would be disgusted if he didn't remember what Jongin told him earlier, then it all clicked.

  Kyungsoo goes way off key when he realizes the situation startling both the choir and the instructor.

"Kyungsoo! What are you doing?!" The instructor shouts. His yelling bounces all off the walls of the cinema in an echo.

"I'm sorry sir it's just that I remembered I forgot to give Jongdae his allergy medication. It's in my bag...can we be excused for a minute?" Kyungsoo asks and he hopes that his instructor is lenient for once and lets them go.

"Go, because Jongdae really needs to take the medication. He's stuffy," Their instructor waves them off.

  Jongdae gives the instructor  a cold glare before Kyungsoo drags him off to the dim litted hallway in the cinema. 

"What happened?" Jongdae asks.

"You're going to love this!" Kyungsoo smirks, ready to spill all the news. "So Jongin had a one night stand like usual and this person was really really vocal. Jongin told me that the person was in the choir and I was trying to figure out who until I saw the hickey's on Baekhyun's neck."

"No," Jongdae starts grinning.

"Yes!" Kyungsoo shouts and they both end up laughing really hard. It's funny to them because Baekhyun used to always go on rants about Jongin being nasty and how anyone who fell for him and his nasty tricks were not bright, tainted, and most likely going to the special place in hell. How the tables have turned.

 

  Kyungsoo is back in the comfort of his own dorm at around 8:30 pm. He has to drop off his book bag before he heads back out to have dinner with his friends. Choir practice went well except for when the instructor kept yelling at him and Jongdae for laughing while trying to sing. They couldn't help it especially when Baekhyun kept asking what was so funny.

  When Kyungsoo opens the door to his and Minseok's room he finds Minseok at his desk outlining things on his fancy looking tablet. Kyungsoo doesn't stare at it for too long because that would be nosy but he can confirm that it was something about architecture.

"You're back," Minseok says.

"Yep," Kyungsoo replies. He's not sure if it's the right or wrong thing to say but he still isn't sure where they stand.

  Minseok doesn't say anything else to Kyungsoo and continues to glide his stylus on his tablet. Kyungsoo organizes the stuff from his bookbag back onto his desk and writes down his plans for tonight on a blue sticky note which he then sticks to the wall by his desk lamp.

  It's still silent between the two. Minseok on his tablet and Kyungsoo anxiously trying to think of something to say to Minseok because he wants the awkward silence to go away. Kyungsoo is positive that Minseok can feel him staring but still remains silent.

"Sorry about being rude this morning. I didn't mean to be so salty," Kyungsoo breaks the silence with an apology.

"It's okay. Honestly I would do the same thing if you tried to wake me up from my sleep."

"So are we on good terms?"

"For now," Minseok says. It comes out playful rather than cold. Kyungsoo ends up smiling.

  The atmosphere changes when they start hearing 'noises' from next door again. Minseok lets out a groan while Kyungsoo shakes his head.

" He's home early today," Kyungsoo remarks.

"You'd think that even someone with a high libido would have a rest day. Looks like I'm wrong."

"Well you've only been here for two days so your hypothesis is not completely wrong, atleast not yet."

"Does he have rest days?"

"Not that I know of. It's only quiet if he goes to someone elses dorm room to sleep around."

"If I were to one day come here with a bunk bed frame from Ikea would you be upset?" Minseok questions.

"Only if you chose the top bunk. I'd help put the frame together," Kyungsoo answers honestly. "But what would we do with the extra space?"

"I think we'd figure it out...maybe put a couch there or something," Minseok shrugs his shoulders.

  Before Kyungsoo can say anything else to Minseok his phone starts vibrating in his pocket. Kyungsoo pulls out his phone and is not surprised to see Sehun's derpy icon plastered on his main screen. He swipes the answer button and brings the phone to his ear.

"Hello?"

"There has been a change of plans," Sehun starts off.

"You better not cancel on me to go out with Tao again or I will beat you up."

"I'm not!  We're changing locations on account that the student union is having a movie night and playing The Incredibles at 9. So we figured takeout would be the best option. You still in?"

"Hell yeah. I'll buy the sodas just text me what kind you want."

"Okay, Jongdae's bringing blankets and he told me to tell you that you're getting the princess blanket whether you like it or not."

"Well I am a princess so I deserve that blanket thank you very much."

"You're too much. See you later."

  Kyungsoo hangs up his phone and is surprised to see Minseok out of his seat. Minseok is stretching and Kyungsoo knows it's a good stretch when he hears Minseok's grunt of approval.

"Are you going to the student union too?" Kyungsoo asks.

"Nah...The student union is filled with youth. I'm going to a friends house for dinner," Minseok replies.

  Now Kyungsoo feels younger than ever because he was just referred to as youth. Minseok is right though. The ones that ever go to the student union are freshmen, sophmores, and juniors on rare occasions. Since the pixar classic is being viewed the union is most likely going to be packed with nostalgic college students tonight.

 Minseok holds the door open for him and they both end up leaving out at the same time. Kyungsoo turns off the final light and both he and Minseok make their way towards the main entrance. They stay silent because they don't have much to say. Kyungsoo doesn't mind because he's already satisfied with the conversation he had with Minseok earlier.

"Have fun," Minseok says once he starts walking in the opposite direction.

"You too," Kyungsoo tells Minseok as he makes his way to the student union.

 

   Kyungsoo can safely say that he had a really fun time tonight. He and his friends which consisted of Jongdae (of course), Sehun, Tao, and even Junmyeon, watched their all time favorite childhood movie together. They were all wrapped in blankets even though Tao almost fought him for the princess blanket enjoying the movie as they ate. Someone was kind enough to pass out wine coolers for everyone and mostly everyone in the open space had a buzz. So when the famous 'Where is my super suit?' scene came on everyone was half screaming half reciting the lines.

 It's almost 1' o clock when Kyungsoo enters his room still wrapped in his princess blanket. He told Jongdae since he was walking in cold night weather to the North Wing all by himself he needed the protection to keep him warm, plus he's still a princess damnit. 

 Minseok is fast asleep in his bed once again  wearing the same pajamas from yesterday and his hair is still damp. Kyungsoo doesn't know if it's from him sweating or if he just recently took a shower. He figures he took a shower since the window is open in their room and it's actually quite chilly.

 Kyungsoo notices Minseok shivering and he gives up the princess blanket to give to Minseok. The blanket drapes over the elder and he looks warm almost immediately. Kyungsoo smiles in approval.

Minseok looks like the true princess.

Kyungsoo quickly changes into his pajamas and hops into bed. He's too tired to outline and highlight his physics and history notes like he planned on doing. He knows he should do it considering that he has a quiz in both subjects on Wednesday but he justifies that it will get done tomorrow, though it's most likely not.  Kyungsoo snuggles into his pillow and quickly drifts off.

 

"What the actual hell," Minseok almost screams.

Kyungsoo jolts up and looks over in Minseok's direction. It's kind of light outside but not light enough for Kyungsoo to see cearly so he has to turn on his lamp on his night stand. He almost starts laughing when his eyes finally adjust to what he's seeing.

 Minseok is trying his best to get out of the tight bear hug the person who came in their room and onto his bed has him in.

"Don't try to fight him or panic he might wake up," Kyungsoo says calmly.

"Who is he and why is he in my bed?!" Minseok continues to shout.

"That's Yixing, Chanyeol's roommate," Kyungsoo clarifies the raven haired boy on Minseoks bed. "He's an exchange student who has to handle school work, two part time jobs, and a spot at this prestigous dance school all at the same time. He constantly overworks himself to the point where he comes here really exhausted just to get only 2-3 hours of sleep. He mixes up this room and his room all the time so I gave him a room key and he sleeps on that bed sometimes."

"Can I wake him up and send him to his actual room?"

"No! That would be rude. Just let him sleep," Kyungsoo instructs.

  Minseok is quiet for a little bit until he lets out a long sigh. Yixing is still holding onto him tightly as possible.

"Fine I'll let him stay. It's not like I never had a strange man cuddle me in bed before," Minseok says nonchalantly. "Goodnight."

  Kyungsoo wants to say something about what Minseok just said but chooses not to because he realizes that it's almost 5 in the morning and he's still really tired. He tells Minseok goodnight and turns off his light.


i was stuck on 100 words for the longest time until I said I was going to sit down and really think about what I want to write down for this. Out came 4k!! I'm happy hehe please give this chapter lots of love~~