Pointers

Roommates

  There's a continuous vibration on Kyungsoo's side that wakes him up. The sunlight atagonizes his eyes when he opens them which result in a stray tear running down his cheek. Tired is an understatement for the feeling he feels at the moment. He feels like the walking dead.

The vibrating continues and Kyungsoo quickly scrambles to get his phone. He's happy that he didn't sleep through the alarm but he's upset that his alarm was set to such an early time. But he has to get his notes organized and looked over even though he said last night that didn't care about it.

He did care, a whole bunch.

The clock on his phone reads 8:30am though it feels like six. There's no new notifications for him on any social media so he throws his phone back onto his bed and looks over at Minseok.

  Minseok is still asleep along with Yixing. They look comfortable on the twin sized bed together and rather close. Minseok has his chest buried in Yixing's chest while Yixing has his arm wrapped around him securely.Kyungsoo would have never deemed Minseok as the little spoon but it looks really cute. He wants to take pictures of them for blackmail but he realizes he's not close enough to them to blackmail them.

Instead he just smirks at them and gets up and runs to the communal bathroom. He completely forgot that he had to pee really bad.

 

   Minseok and Yixing are stirring out of their sleep when Kyungsoo comes back from his interesting trip to the communal bathroom. Besides the usual morning karaoke battle two guys on his floor have and Chanyeol trying to playfully flirt with only a towel wrapped around his waist, there was something else out of the usual. A Christmas tree...planted in one of the stalls. 

Kyungsoo had to pee real bad and he didn't have time to run to the next stall. The Christmas tree was blessed by Kyungsoo's urine.

 

"Oh ...I went to the wrong room again," Yixing sighs once he's fully awake. He looks over and see's Minseok stretching on the bed. "I am so sorry...I didn't mean to—"

"Don't sweat it. I enjoyed the company," Minseok gives a small smile once he's done stretching.

"Well since we slept together and I kind of inconvenienced you can I atleast buy you a coffee?" Yixing says. "You know as an apology?"

"Only if it's iced caffe americano," Minseok replies.

"Got it," Yixing gets out of the bed to properly fix the wrinkles on his black v-neck shirt. "Kyungsoo do you want anything?"

"No," Kyungsoo answers. He does want something but he doesn't want to ask for anything.

"I already know you do. Orange juice or hot chocolate?"

"Hot chocolate," Kyungsoo rubs the back of his neck. He should have known Yixing has him all figured out by now. Yixing usually entered his room roughly once every three weeks. Sometimes even twice a week if something big for him is coming up and he really overworks himself. Every time when Yixing wakes up he would go buy Kyungsoo some juice or Hot Chocolate as an apology though Kyungsoo always tells him he doesn't have to do that.

"Awww you're still a baby," Yixing ruffles Kyungsoo's hair (much to Kyungsoo's dismay) before he walks toward the door to put on his slippers. "I'll be back in like...25 minutes...maybe."

"Take your time no one's in a rush," Minseok says.

  Kyungsoo's still trying to fix his already unkempt hair to say anything to Yixing so Yixing just nods his head and enters the hallway. Chanyeol's very loud "Yixing!" echoes through the hallway before it turns to muffles when their room door gets closed.

His hair is in tact, well atleast it feels intact, and now him and Minseok are left alone. Kyungsoo takes a seat at his desk and wonders to himself if he should try and talk to Minseok. It's not like the silence is awkward it's just not favorable for Kyungsoo. He's not sure if he should be the one to say Good Morning or if Minseok should say it...or do they say it in inusion...

"Did you sleep well?" Kyungsoo starts. It's not a good morning but atleast it's close.

"Yeah I slept like a baby," Minseok answers. 

"You looked like one."

  Minseok lets out another one of his signature small laughs as he runs his hands along his bed. His hand stop on the princess blanket and he looks at it with an eyebrow furrowed.

"I don't remember going to bed with this," Minseok thinks aloud while gliding his hands along the soft pink blanket. "But then again I don't remember going to bed with Yixing but there he was at 4am."

"When I came back from movie night you looked cold so I put the blanket on you," Kyungsoo starts spinning around in his chair.

"Thanks," Minseok smiles. 

   Kyungsoo smiles back as he continues to spin around in his chair. He's pretty sure he looks ridiculous and like a child just spinning around in the desk chair. He's procrastinating as much as he can before he starts on his notes. The morning is still young and his English class doesn't start until 1 o' clock so he has much time to procrastinate.

But he stops spinning once he gets dizzy. Kyungsoo sits still and waits for the room to stop spinning before he finally takes out his notes and opens his laptop.

"What assignment are you pushing off?" Minseok asks from his bed.

   Kyungsoo feels the heat creep up to his ears only because he's been figured out by Minseok. He guesses he's not the only college student who procrastinates the way he does. 

"I have to rewrite notes for my Biomedical Systems Analysis and the other...there's a five—no six, my mistake, page thesis for another class. I don't want to do it but my full four year scholarship says so otherwise," 

"Ah the beauty of capitalism," The sarcasm drips off of Minseok's tongue as he checks his phone.

   Kyungsoo thinks he just found the low key love of his life. Minseok is tidy and he just spoke of his disinterest for Capitalism, amazing. They stop talking and Kyungsoo finally gets it together so he can finish his notes in one go. He refuses to let his GPA drop so he opens up his word document and prepares to start the thesis.

 

   Kyungsoo wakes up from the nap he didn't know he took. There's a cup of hot cocoa to his left when he opens his eyes. Yixing's signature cartoon drawing of himself in blue pen on a yellow sticky note is placed on the medium sized cup. He lifts his head up and see's his word document filled with the letter 'R' for 105 pages (so much for the thesis) and an empty room. The time in the bottom left corner of his laptop reads 11am, Kyungsoo decides that it's just never going to get done.

Atleast not until tonight when he adds on today's assignments along with the one's from yesterday. It's going to be another sleepless night for Kyungsoo.

To Chanyeol:

11:01 am

Five bucks on the table if you can make me a good study time playlist for tonight.

 

  The door opens to their room and Minseok comes in fully dressed in a pair of black track pants and a light blue t-shirt. He's been keeping the hair down streak going on and continues to cover his forehead with his dark brown locks. 

"I swear everytime I greet you you have drool on the side of your mouth," Minseok says.

Immediately Kyungsoo brings his hand up to his mouth, just like Minseok said, there is drool. "Shutup," he laughs.

 

From Chanyeol:

11:02 am

Gotchu c;

 

    Kyungsoo groans at Chanyeol's cheesiness but he's thankful at the same time. Chanyeol's playlists are really good and he knows exactly the type of music Kyungsoo enjoys listening to.

"What else goes on in this dorm?" Minseok asks out of the blue.

"Huh?" Kyungsoo looks up from his phone and is surprised to see Minseok looking at him. There's concern written all over his face and Kyungsoo's not sure why.

"I mean...I've only been here for two days and it's already been wild. I guess since this is an underclassmen dorm...but I don't like surprises. I like to know things. Is there anything else that goes on here?" 

  Kyungsoo has to think about it for a second or two. He's been in this dorm for a year and a half and he's seen some things. Ranging from some girl getting drunk and stealing a mascot that got lit on fire on the front lawn to some deadly contest on the first floor of the dorm between two dormmates to see who could ingest the most 5-hour energy (it ended terribly), Kyungsoo has seen it all. He doesn't want to scare Minseok off with his stories of the dorm but he does want to keep the latter aware. 

  Kyungso clears his throat and thinks of a place to start. " I have to think about it because so much goes on. You already know the thing with Yixing, I hope you two get close because he will be sleeping on that bed frequently," Minseok nods his head. "You also know what goes on with Jongin...oh yeah! If one guy with blonde hair and really heavy coats of eyeliner comes up to you by the wing and asks you if you want a study buddy say no."

"I remember study buddies," Minseok reminisces. "I'm not going to fall for that I know what they are."

"Atleast you were aware." Kyungsoo has a flashback to his freshman year when he was in his room minding his business until Baekhyun came home and told him to share a study buddy with him (which was a brownie). Kyungsoo declined the brownie but Baekhyun shoved half of the drugged dessert into his mouth and they were on edge for about twenty minutes, which was the most scariest experience for Kyungsoo. No man should ever hallucinate themselves being out of their body while the ground is opening up and their body is melting, no one.

There's a junior who comes around every Thursday and he's literally everyone's fake mom. His name is Seokjin and he comes around with a basket filled with whatever he has that day, it's usually food, and he tells you your horoscope. What's your sign?"

"Aries. Why?"

"He'll like you. He doesn't associate with Cancer's, Scorpio's or Gemini's."

"Who does?" Minseok says. Kyungsoo has to stop himself from laughing.

"True. Besides that there's a karaoke battle in the communal bathroom everyday at 9am. Sing your heart out and see if you can beat Woohyun because he honestly think he's the . It's preferred that you take a shower as early as possible because most of the time the hot water gets taken away. "

"There's a person that comes around asking for memes don't answer the door for them."

"Don't go to the east entrance...I don't want to say why but just trust me on this one. Don't do it," Kyungsoo warns. Minseok looks concerned for a couple of seconds before his face returns to his original poker face as he waits for Kyungsoo to go on. "There's hockey games that go on in the hallway every Sunday I'm sure you heard the noise. Since it's no longer just me in this dorm we are eligible to play the hockey game, you will know when we are elected."

  Minseok plays with the princess blanket as Kyungso continues the many things that go on in the North Side dormitory. Minseok clenches the princess blanket tight for some of the pointers and other times he's just the soft fabric because he feels better. Kyungsoo's sure if it wasn't for the blanket and the small positive things about the dorm Minseok would have ran to the RA already and asked for a transfer.

"Lastly the eating hall. The food is okay just don't eat the jjajangmyun unless you want the runs. The only reason people come to this dorms eating hall is on Thursday's because one of the aids makes really good fried chicken and they usually give out free beers to drink with the chicken." Kyungsoo's stomach growls just thinking about the chicken. He takes note to grab a snack before his class starts so he won't die. "That's all there is to know about this dorm."

"Wow," is all Minseok's able to get out. "This dorm is wild. And I must get to my class in the next five minutes... I'll see you later," Minseok finally lets go of the princess blanket and grabs his all black back pack.

"That blanket won't be here when you get back just so you know," Kyungsoo informs the elder.

"Touch it and I will end you. It's mine now," Minseok is out the door with those words. 

   Kyungsoo shakes his head and laughs. Jongdae won't like the news of his blanket not returning. He's going to keep whining about it until he gets it back

To Jongdae:

11:35am

Your princess blanket belongs to my roommate now. He's not giving it back

 

From Jongdae:

11:35am

 

To Jongdae:

11:36am

Do you just have pepes ready beforehand to send? That reply was too quick.

 

From Jongdae:

11:37am

Humans weren't put on this Earth to judge, Kyungsoo. Anyways

why is my blanket that I gave to YOU in your roommates

possession?

To Jongdae:

11:38am

He looked cold last night so I put the blanket on him.

 

Kyungsoo is expecting a text from Jongdae, he's not expecting to see Jongdae's photo icon flash on his phone. Kyungsoo thinks that Jongdae might have accidentally called him so he doesn't pick up immediately. He waits until it rings for the 3rd time to swipe the answer button.

"Wha—"

"Are you two sleeping together?!"  Jongdae cuts Kyungsoo off.

"No! What the hell Jongdae! Why do you keep thinking we slept together?"

"It just keeps adding up...but if you're not sleeping with him why do you keep taking care of him? Is he hot?"

  Kyungsoo wishes Jondae were with him right now so he can properly flick his forehead instead of glaring at his phone hoping Jongdae can feel his death glares over the phone.

"I don't know I don't look at him like that," Kyungsoo answers. He's trying to figure out if Minseok is hot or not...he isn't lying when he said he didn't pay attention.

"I'm going by your dorm to get it later on and if he's hot he can keep it. If he's not then I'm fighting him for it," Jongdae hangs up the phone.

   Jongdae's all talk, he's not going to do anything. Kyungsoo laughs just thinking about Jongdae getting into a potential fight. All he can think of is Jongdae pulling out a fancy white glove and slapping someone in the face.

  It's now time for Kyungsoo to get to his 12pm class. He doesn't want to go considering he has to finish a terrible book and prepare an oral report on it by next class. But again his scholarship says so otherwise, Kyungsoo sighs and gets ready for class.

  Baekhyun's outside in the hallway when Kyungsoo exits his room. Someone's always outside of his room but that's not important. Baekhyun is standing outside of Jongin's room banging repeatedly on the blue door. He looks anxious and impatient, a look that doesn't end well.

"Have some respect for yourself you hyporcite," Kyungsoo scoffs before he makes his way to his English class (10 minutes late). 

 

  Kyungsoo feels like he's crawling on the ground trying to escape the English hall. His class was two hours long and it was terrible. His strict professor forbids sleeping even if the lesson is one of the world's most boring lesson, which it was. Twenty Thousand Leagues is not a book to keep students awake especially if an 3 page analysis for each chapter has to be done.

  He's trying to make his way to Jongdae who promised him a juice box and a granola bar before he went to his next class at 2:30pm. Kyungsoo's going to need more food in his system since the lab he's going to is three hours long but he's greatful for what he's recieving.

  Jongdae is close to the English hall waiting for Kyungsoo. He does not have his mask on and his eyes are kind of red.

"Where is your mask?" Kyungsoo interogates the latter.

"In my room," Jongdae answers. Kyungsoo is about to say something else but Jongdae puts his hand up, "I took my medicine. I didn't want to waer the mask because what if my future sugar daddy can't see my face clearly? He has to see my beautiful face so he can fall in love with me and buy me things."

Kyungsoo does a literal facepalm. "This school is filled with a bunch of struggling and in debt students. What makes you think that your sugar daddy is lurking around here?" Then a thought pops into his head. "Also your roommate is well off. Why are you searching?"

"What?" Jongdae's eyes are huge at this point. "No he's not."

"Uh yes he is. Anyone that is anyone knows that is family is owns multiple corporate businesses in both the Gangnam and Hongdae area."

  Jongdae's pretty silent after that. He looks up to the sky then back at Kyungsoo a couple of times before he checks his phone.

"I have to go confront him," Jongdae speaks. "See you later Kyungsoo."

Jongdae turns on his heel and makes his way to his dorm. It's when he's a good distance away when Kyungsoo realizes he never got his juice box or his granola bar.

"Wait my juice!" Kyungsoo cries out. He wants his juice damnit.

 

From Jongdae:

4:41pm

He's rich

 

To Jongdae:

4:45pm

I told you that. What are you going to do now?

From Jongdae:

4:46pm

Exactly what I said I was going to do whenever

I found a sugar daddy, ride him until he breaks.

 

To Jongdae:

4:54pm

behave.

 

  College has it's ups and downs. Aside from your social life blossoming into something beautiful as you interact with many classmates and dormmates, there is also the downfall, which is literallly everything else in college. Kyungsoo has a packed schedule tonight and he had to skip chorus practice to sit down in the semi crowded East Side library to start on his work.

  Of course his chorus instructor was pissed and even threatened to give his part away to someone else, but he didn't care about that. He just couldn't believe he missed what Jongdae was live texting him about, Baekhyun. Jongdae was screaming via text message about the new hickeys on Baekhyun's neck  while he sent back messages about where he saw Baekhyun earlier.

Kyungsoo stayed at the library for a good four hours until he packed up his things. Jongdae is with him (when is he not with him) and they weren't getting much done so they decided to call it quits. Plus Jongdae still wants his blanket back. They stroll along the stone walkways to Kyungsoo's dorm while late night college life saunters around them.

Chanyeol is conveniently making his way to Kyungsoo's room when Kyungsoo and Jongdae reach the same hallway.

"Hey," Kyungsoo calls out. "I'm over here."

  Chanyeol turns around and gives a bright smile to both Kyungsoo and Jongdae. "I was just looking for you. I have what you asked for."

  He pulls out an all black usb flash drive with a smirk. 

"45 songs in total ranging from that one genre that we both like and I always forget the name of it to me shamelessy promoting my music to a little bit of indie I'm sure you'll like," Chanyeol explains.

  He hands the usb over to Kyungsoo and Kyungsoo takes it with a small smile. He tries to take out his wallet to pay up but Chanyeol stops him from doing so.

"Let me pay you," Kyungsoo tries to get his wallet out again but he's stopped a second time.

"I don't want to get paid. This is just a friend helping out another friend. Free of charge," 

  Kyungsoo doesn't listen though and he succeeds with pulling out his wallet. He goes to retrieve the five dollars from the wallet when a pair of hands grabs his wrist and pulls him closer. Kyungsoo and Chanyeol's face are a few inches apart. Unlike his body Chanyeol's face smells like vanilla with a hint of tobacco and it's kind of enticing.

"I said there's no need to pay," Chanyeol finalizes.

"Every stereotypical k-drama ever called and they said they want their scene back," Jongdae remarks. He's been watching his best friend's nonsense way too long.

  Kyungsoo breaks away from Chanyeol immediately and says thanks one more time before he's shuffling over to his own room. Chanyeol waves them both goodbye as he goes back to into his own room. Kyungsoo takes his key out and opens the door.

   Minseok's in the room when door swings open. He's wrapped in the princess blanket while seated at his desk on his tablet. He turns around andhis face is a little surprised to see both Kyungsoo and Jongdae. 

"Nevermind he can keep it," Jongdae mumbles before he walks back out into the hallway and back to his dorm.

  Kyungsoo and Minseok stare at the empty hallway through the still open door until Kyungsoo closes it. He's trying not to laugh but he knew Jongdae wasn't going to fight anyone for the blanket, fake.

"Did...I miss something?" Minseok asks.

"That was my friend Jongdae, the owner of the blanket. He came to fight you for it but he didn't. I'm assuming it's because he thinks you're hot."

"I told you I'm attractive," Minseok bluffs. 

"Again, keep telling yourself tha—" Kyungsoo is cut off by his phone vibrating. He checks the message and does laugh, "Actually Jongdae says the reason he didn't want to take the blanket from you is because you look five and it would be wrong to take something from someone who looks like a child"

"I'm not complaining I still get to keep the blanket," Minseok says. "I especially need it tonight because I'm going to be up most of the night completing my assignments I forgot about."

"You and me both."

"I'll pray for us."

   Kyungsoo makes sure to get situated into his pajamas first before he sat down at his desk. Procrastination still plagues him as he arranged his desk mutiple times to fit all his things on it. Once he got situated he opened his laptop and opened up his analysis from his lab report.

"Chanyeol gave me a playlist to listen to while I get my work done. Do you mind if I play it aloud?"

  As if on queue Jongin's usual noise started up. Both Minseok and Kyungsoo let out a groan.

"I'd be offended if you didn't play it aloud," Minseok answers. "But first I'm going to get some coffee. I'm sure he'll nut and quiet down by the time I get back."

  Minseok grabs his phone and wallet before he makes his way to the door where his sneakers are at.

"Want to come with me?" Minseok asks.

"Sure," Kyungsoo answers. Though he actually wanted to scream out yes. He's excited to have an outing with his first unhated roommate even if it was to get a beverage that he hates with a passion.

  Kyungsoo and Minseok both have their shoes on and exit their room to go get coffee and a few snacks for their all nighter. It was going to be a long night but Kyungsoo didn't mind. He gets to endure the college struggle with a new friend.


A/N* From this point on Minseok and Kyungsoo are only going to get closer~ Sorry it takes me so long to update I started working and now I have to prepare for my first year at university hehe. I will be enduring the college struggle but not until late August lol. I didn't look this over so it's probably a mess but I will double check later on when I'm fully awake (it's 3am). Also shoutout to the Gemini's,Scorpio's, and Cancer's you guys are the mvp