Dead Inside

Roommates

 

            The clock reads 8 am when Kyungsoo finishes up his last sentence for his last assignment. It’s not an exaggeration when it’s said that he feels dead inside because he does. He feels like a corpse and nothing in the world matters to him anymore. Not school, not his scholarship, not anyone he’s close to, and definitely not the continuous text messages Jongdae the early bird keeps sending him.

    The night was off to a good start. He and Minseok went to the coffee shop by the West wing because Minseok said the coffee there was the best. Sure Kyungsoo didn’t find out if Minseok was right about the coffee being great since he bought orange juice instead. They didn’t talk much to each other either. The walk to and from the coffee shop was silent minus when Minseok told Kyungsoo to wait for him because he was tying his shoes.

    They started talking to each other during their studying period. Kyungsoo had played the playlist Chanyeol made aloud even though Jongin’s noise had subsided a long time before. Minseok liked most of the songs that were played and he nearly had a heart attack when a TVXQ song came on.

     During that time they had a very short but enjoyable karaoke session which was just them spinning around in their desk chairs while singing aloud. Minseok showed off his wide vocal range when Rising Sun played. Once that was over they went back into silent mode to do their assignments.

     At the 4’o clock mark when neither of them were done with the work they put back, things got a little silly. Minseok had opened up a vine compilation of dogs; ranging from some dog in a firemen suit to a dog slipping on the kitchen floor. The video was pure gold and both Minseok and Kyungsoo were in tears for the entire 30:32 length video.

    Silence and hard work plagued the entire atmosphere around a quarter of and the two finally made progress. None of them talked to each other and kept focus on their notes and laptops. The only sound that was heard besides the soft playing music was their fingers hitting against the keys. Kyungsoo was more aggressive when it came to typing while Minseok stayed calm.

   Kyungsoo turns his desk chair and finds Minseok staring at the wall in a daze.

“Someone could come in here and stab me to death and I’d thank them,” Minseok says.

Kyungsoo would laugh if he wasn’t so tired and if he didn’t feel the same exact way.  “How many classes do you have today?”

  “Four,” Minseok groans. “I’m going to die.”

  They stay silent for a little while, wallowing in both self-pity and regret. But it was all worth it in a way. At least their grades are happy.

 

 

From: Jongdae

@8:15am

     Remember when you lost that bet to Hani and she made you

and Tao dress up like princesses to promote that walk last year?

 

To: Jongdae

@8:15am

You bring that up once a week. Why?

From: Jongdae

@8:16am

  Because that was literally the best day of my life.

 

To: Jongdae

@8:16am

That’s really sad if that’s the best day of your life.

 

            There’s a knock on the door but Kyungsoo feels too dead to even get up from his seat. He pretends like he didn’t hear it while waiting for Jongdae’s reply. Kyungsoo’s sure that Minseok takes the hint that he’s not going to answer the door so Minseok lets out another groan and drags himself to the door.

 

From: Jongdae

@8:17am

  You’re just bitter that you had to walk in those tacky red pumps that did

nothing to compliment your pink princess gown or your ugly grandpa

toes while I got blessed with the princess blanket.

 

            Kyungsoo feels something break in his already dead heart. Jongdae didn’t have to go that far, it’s morning time.

To: Jongdae

@8:18am

Where’s your princess blanket now? c;

From: Jongdae

@8:18am

To: Jongdae

@8:18am

stop.

 

 

"I'm seriously not in the mood right now. Please leave," Minseok says calmly at the door.

  Kyungsoo turns his attention to the door and see's some guy at the door with a concerned look. He's sure he's seen that guy around because his face is distinct. Also the guy is really tall and Kyungsoo makes sure to take note of every tall person he notices because he doesn't like them (talk about jealous). 

"Just here me out," The guy starts off and his voice is semi deep. "I know you went through a bad breakup but that doesn't mean you should quit the team. Especially when you're one of the best middle fielders."

"I'm not rejoining the team Minho. He's still going to be there and I don't even want to look at his face let alone play soccer with him."

"You're being stubborn." 

“And you’re not my father so you can’t tell me what to do,” Minseok finalizes before he slams the door in the guy’s face. Kyungsoo flinches at the loud noise.

 

He did not expect that from Minseok at all.

 

            If Kyungsoo were to be anything at that moment, he wishes he could be the Kermit the frog meme with the tea cup. The tea has not been spilled, it’s been poured all over the place. Kyungsoo knows it’s none of his business but he’s very intrigued by Minseok’s breakup, especially if it’s this bad. 

     Minseok walks over to the closet and aggressively pulls out a pair of shorts and t-shirt before stuffing it into his book bag along with his school supplies. He puts his book bag on his back and without a word he leaves the room.

     Kyungsoo sits quietly on his bed and thinks about that dramatic walk out for a second until he realizes that he stayed up the entire night and he is now running on orange juice and snickers.

  He falls onto the floor and lies in agony.

 

 

“You look terrible,” Jongin says when Kyungsoo gets to the stairwell at the end of the hall.

            Kyungsoo sends Jongin a cold glare before he makes his way to the steps. Jongin follows closely behind him unfazed.

“I heard your music from my room and there was one song that I really liked and I want to make up a choreography for it,” Jongin smiles.

“What song was it?”

“I don’t know it was in English…I just know it had this chill sound to it and— I don’t know,” Jongin covers his face with his hands because he’s embarrassed. Kyungsoo likes when Jongin acts like a kid.

“Can you hum it for me…maybe I’ll remember it.”

“No thank you, my voice is bad.”

“It is not. Just hum it,” Kyungsoo instructs.

  He rolls his eyes when Jongin starts whining. Even when he’s dead tired he can't get annoyed at kid Jongin lightly punching his arm as he whines, it's disgustingly cute.

“You can stop by my dorm later if you’re not busy and if I’m not dead,” Kyungsoo finally gives in. He’s pretty sure he’ll pass out way before then the expected time Jongin would come.

“Cool! I’ll stop by later.”

“Okay. See you later Jongin,” Kyungsoo waves the younger off when they get outside.

   The cool air is kind of helping with his tiredness. But only because his hair is still wet from taking a shower earlier and now his head is freezing. The morning rush is currently ongoing as many students rush around to get to class or to the nearest café to chug down the much needed caffeine.

 

Which is what Kyungsoo is doing.

 

  The only time Kyungsoo ordered coffee was when he had to order for Jongdae who was in his dorm extremely sick. It was easy though since Jongdae texted him the specific order he wanted. Usually if he has the chance to get coffee it’s when someone treats him to it and orders for him. Now he’s standing in front of the never ending menu at the cafe near the West side dormitory.

            He’s very confused and very sleepy and it’s really not helping that he has a massive headache from looking at the neon color hand writing.

“Why is this coffee so pretentious…where’s plain coffee?” Kyungsoo asks to himself now frustrated. He doesn't know what a ing macchiato is or what refreshers are, this a coffee shop damnit. He’s about to call it quits until he feels someone tap his shoulder.

He looks over and he finds the guy on the soccer team Jongdae always drags, on and off again thighs. Kyungsoo starts laughing and he knows it’s very inappropriate but he hasn’t slept so he doesn’t care. The guy is very confused too.

“Do you need any help?” The guy asks with a small smile.

“No,” Kyungsoo mumbles once he stops laughing. He realizes that he just laughed at a guy to his face and now he wants to crawl in a hole and die.

“Okay,” The guy tries to keep his smile genuine. “Just come to the front counter when you’re ready to order.”

   Kyungsoo doesn’t answer the guy and continues to skim the menu. He goes with the order that’s written in blue only because it’s blue. On and off again thighs was at the counter waiting for Kyungsoo.

“Hello sir what can I get you this lovely morning?” He greets.

    Kyungsoo cringes at the guy brightness. It’s something that he doesn’t have but he doesn’t necessarily want it. He wonders how he’s even friends with Jongdae who is literally the embodiment of rainbows and sunshine…but Jongdae is also salty so it balances it out.

“Can I get a small French vanilla coffee with a pump of caramel and an extra shot of expresso?,” Kyungsoo orders though he’s not sure what the hell he ordered.

“It's espresso," The guy corrects with a passive aggressive smile and Kyungsoo wants to fight. "And what you ordered sounds like death because the shots and syrups don't mix" The guy explains.

"I don't care. I just need something strong."

"How about a hot caramel macchiato with milk? It's a double shot of espresso and it will wake you up."

"I want a large and I want an extra shot of the espresso."

"Great! Can I have your name sir?” Kyungsoo doesn’t know the guy's name even though the name tag is right there. Forgetting his glasses was not a part of his routine today.

 

   Then he realizes that he doesn't know his name. His mind is too sleepy to recall his name, his birthday, anything that is not involuntary. He's attempting to say something but all he's doing is opening and closing his mouth while his mind draws complete blanks. The employee doesn't seem phased by Kyungsoo's lack of words and continues to smile.

 

"Uh...um..." Kyungsoo begins humming trying to think of something. "I can't remember it."

 

"It's okay take your time," The guy is still smiling and Kyungsoo wants to strangle him for being so happy.

 

     It's awkward for Kyungsoo as he tries to think of something. All he can think about is the guy's eyes on him and he feels uncomfortable. Thank goodness there's no line or else there would have been a lot of unhappy customers and workers. Kyungsoo feels like an old person at a supermarket who takes forever to checkout items, only he feels deader. Just when all hope was lost and Kyungsoo was about to say his name was deer because it's the only thing he could think of when he looked at the man, the dark clouds surrounding his memory goes away and the light shines. He finally remembers.

 

"My name is Kyungsoo," He sighs out. Happy to have recalled something so simple.

 

Once he gets the coffee his day officially begins, and it's definitely a long day.

 

 

 

    Kyungsoo is in and out of sleep in the lecture hall trying his best to stay awake. The coffee that he forced down his throat barely did anything to keep him awake, even with the three shots of espresso. Five dollars so easily wasted when he could have gotten juice for cheaper. He's only in his second class and he's pretty sure he will pass out if he doesn't eat something or if his useless text book (the professor doesn't even use it...college.) continues being extremely comfortable.

 

"Kyungsoo, do you even know what's going on?" Kyungsoo's stubby professor, Mr.Yu calls him out.

 

"...no..." Kyungsoo mumbles with his head still planted on his book. He doesn't miss the echo of small laughs in the lecture hall. It probably wasn't the best idea for him to sit in the second row but that was his normal seat and he wasn't about to change on account of his tiredness.

 

"I expect sleeping from Yoongi, not you," Mr. Yu calls out another student.

 

  On cue Yoongi raises his head up and is met with dozens of eyes. He glares at everyone before looking at the teacher. "Yes?"

 

"Do you know what's going on?" Mr. Yu repeats himself.

 

"No," Yoongi states as a matters of factly. "And even if I did know what was going on, what point would it serve? None of this matters. Time is an illusion and so are we, no matter how much we try to prove that this is all real, it's not. Nothing is real."

 

    Kyungsoo is the first one to start clapping. Never in his short years of living has he heard something so beautiful or true. It's not long before others join in on the applause and soon enough the class is clapping for Yoongi, who lays his head back down in victory. The only one not clapping is the professor, he thinks his entire class is a lost cause.

 

"He's so lucky he gets top marks in this class," Mr. Yu mumbles.

 

 

 

   By lunch time Kyungsoo is half unconscious. He doesn't know where he's at but he knows that he's lying on Tao's shoulder while Sehun and Jongdae are sitting across from them. There's a whole bunch of side dishes in front of him and Jongdae is cooking meat on the grill. He usually loves going out for barbeque but today it's not cutting it, he wants to go to bed.

 

   Tao is running his fingers through Kyungsoo's hair softly and Kyungsoo feels at peace. He knew he loved Tao for a reason, reason being that Tao is the absolute best.

 

"Kyungsoo you should really eat something," Sehun suggests while stuffing a dumpling in his mouth. Jongdae hums in agreement.

 

"I don't want anything," Kyungsoo answers.

 

"Yes you do. You've been losing a lot of weight because of your terrible eating schedule," Tao sasses. He takes a piece of finished meat from the grill and puts it by Kyungsoo's mouth. Kyungsoo turns his head away from the meat though it looks and smells fantastic. Tao isn't having any of it and shoves it in Kyungsoo's mouth.

 

  Kyungsoo's not going to spit it out because it tastes amazing, but he's still kind of aggravated that Tao did that. He chews his food slowly before Tao commands him to swallow the food. He somewhat wakes up but he still wants Tao to feed him.

 

"So how is everyone's day," Jongdae starts a conversation.

 

"Mine's was good though this morning someone decided they wanted to be difficult and ask for bubble tea with every flavor mixed in. I asked that person what she was trying to prove and she said that she's trying to prove that she's the baddest," Tao starts his rant. "I was like, okay? So I make up the weird concoction and it smelled terrible because milk tea doesn't mix well with green tea or taro."

 

"I'm losing my appetite just listening to this," Sehun lies as he puts a mouthful of lettuce in his mouth.

 

"I told her I wouldn't charge her for it if she decided to back out now but she said no. I gave it to her and she took one sip before cringing.  I was waiting for her to drink more but she just paid up and walked away.”

“Anyways,” Jongdae says because he honestly has no input for that story. “I found out that Junmyeon is rich.”

“10 years late…” Kyungsoo speaks again. He’s somewhat awake now since Tao keeps feeding him food. They all start laughing while Jongdae sends a glare.

“You should have noticed whenever we went out with him and he paid for our expensive bills every time,” Tao says.

“Listen. So once I confronted him he confirmed that he is very well off and that he’s learning finance so that he can take over his families company once his father retires. Then he asked me why I asked him and I told him that I wanted him to be my sugar daddy.”

  Kyungsoo chokes on the rice Tao fed him and he’s trying his hardest to regain his composure. Sehun is laughing way too hard at Kyungsoo possibly dying and Jongdae’s story.

“Why did you tell him that?” Tao asked.

“Because it’s a free country?” Jongdae questions back. “But he said really? and I was like no I’m joking. So he laughed awkwardly and we left it at that. Now he’s been all weird and he keeps asking me if I want anything. This morning he was at his desk and I bent over him to get a sticky note and he abruptly gets up and walks away but his face was all red. Why is he so weird?”

  Jongdae finalizes his story by stuffing his face with a big piece of meat he didn’t cut well. Kyungsoo, Tao, and Sehun just stare at him…is he really that dense.

“He likes you!” Sehun calls out.

   Jongdae’s eyes go wide and he gives a mortified expression. “Oh my god.”

“Why are you making that face? You’re the main one always complaining that you want and need a sugar daddy and now there’s a huge chance that you can get one yet you’re being difficult,” Sehun complains.

“I joke about having a sugar daddy. I don’t actually want one, that’s too much work also commitment terrifies me.”

            None of them say anything else about it because there’s nothing else to say except that Jongdae is really confusing. Kyungsoo wakes up fully for the most part and he declared his independence by picking up his own pair of chopsticks. Sure he likes Tao feeding him but he wants Tao to eat too.

“How was your day Kyungsoo?” Sehun asks.

“Um,” Kyungsoo wants to know how his day was too because he doesn’t really remember. “My roommate and I pulled an all nighter, he left kind of early after storming out the room, and then Jongin walked with me for a bit. Also I ordered my own coffee for the first time.”

            The whole table starts clapping for him and he glares at them all.

“Did you piss off your roommate again?” Jongdae asks.

“I wasn’t even aware he had a roommate,” Tao says.

“He’s some senior that looks ten and he’s really cute. Seriously if I had the chance I would just squeeze his cheeks all day,” Jongdae admits.

“Anyways,” Kyungsoo puts emphasis on the word so that everyone can pay attention to him. “No I didn’t piss him off again. Some guy came over and tried to get him to rejoin some sports team but he didn’t want to because his ex is on the team. So Minseok slammed the door in his face before he grabbed his things and walked out.”

“You said Minseok…do you mean Kim Minseok,” Tao asks.

“I don’t know his full name.”

“Jongdae said your roommate is adorable so I’m going to assume that it’s him. I know all about the breakup,” Tao smiles.

   Kyungsoo and Jongdae’s ears perk up at the same time and they both look at Tao. Tao smiles at the attention and basks in his nosy tendencies.

“Spill the news,” Jongdae rushes. He doesn’t know Minseok really well but he feeds off of other people’s drama since he has none of his own.

“Minseok was in a relationship with Luhan, who’s the captain on the soccer team—“

“On and off again thighs!” Kyungsoo cuts Tao off. Jongdae is the only one that laughs at the inside joke since he made it. Tao and Sehun blink at them.

“As I was saying before I got interrupted…their relationship got a little rocky around January apparently. So Luhan started talking my friend Yifan and they got really close if you get what I’m saying. Minseok was oblivious until a couple of weeks ago when he caught them both in his and Luhan’s shared room in the act,” Tao explains.

            The whole table is completely quiet.

“After they got caught Minseok stormed out allegedly and stayed at a friend’s house for a couple of days to sort everything out. Then he moved out.”

            This morning Kyungsoo said that he wish he knew what happened to Minseok’s relationship, now he wishes he didn’t. Minseok seemed like a really nice guy and he did not deserve that. To top it all off that Luhan guy was all smiles and sunshine even after the break up…Kyungsoo’s not sure how Minseok feels but he knows it can’t be too good if the incident was this recent. The wounds are still very much open.

            After Tao’s news Kyungsoo doesn’t say much more because he’s still thinking about Minseok. He lays his head back on Tao’s shoulder and lets his friends talk amongst themselves for the remainder of lunch.

 

            Kyungsoo stayed awake during his remainder three hour pcychology class (he curses himself for choosing a 1 day a week class) after he had a stomach full of food in his system. When he stopped eating on his own Tao continued to feed him even though he said he was full. Tao’s argument was that he’s starting to look like a stick and will not allow that.

            He stays at Jongdae’s dorm and waits for choir practice again. He wanted to go home and hibernate but if he missed another choir practice his solo would be given away. Jongdae was right about Junmyeon acting weird.

            He and Jongdae were doing their homework in the middle of the carpeted floor and Kyungsoo did not miss the glances Junmyeon kept giving Jongdae. They were looks of admiration and Kyungsoo wants to know why Junmyeon would start liking someone after they said they wanted them for their money.

            Kyungsoo assumes that he knows Jongdae is joking and sees him for who he really is; a fun loving guy who is very handsome and has a smile that can light up anyone’s world.

He smiles to himself and continues with his work. He hopes the two of them get together one day, Jongdae needs love.

 

            Choir practice isn’t exciting either. It goes on like it usually does with the sopranos (Jongdae) showing off and making others feel insecure about their own vocals. Their instructor scolded Kyungsoo for missing the previous practice but Kyungsoo wasn’t listening.

            Now he’s drinking water during their break to wake himself up when he feels a tap on his shoulder. He turns around and finds Byun Baekhyun right before his eyes, he sighs.

“What,” He says.

“You’re neighbors with Jongin right?” Baekhyun asks.

            Jongdae stands next to Kyungsoo and eavesdrops like usual. He pretends he’s thirsty and takes the water bottle from Kyungsoo.

“Yeah…why?”

“Can you tell him to skype me? He hasn’t been answering my text messages so I think something happened with his phone,” Baekhyun explains.

            Kyungsoo doesn’t want to be the one to tell the naïve little Byun that he was only a one night stand and Jongin doesn’t want anything to do with him, that’d be mean. Jongdae gives Baekhyun a hug out of pity.

“What was that for?” Baekhyun asks confused.

“I’m sorry,” Jongdae apologizes. Not for hugging Baekhyun but he apologizes for the boys lack of common sense.

            Kyungsoo however does not hug Baekhyun because that would go against his morals, plus he still doesn’t like Baekhyun at all.

 

            Kyungsoo skips dinner since he’s still full from lunch and he says goodbye to his little choir squad consisting of Jongdae, Lizzy, and Jaehwan. He’s excited to finally be back home so he can sleep. The only classes he has tomorrow is one afternoon class so he has a lot of time to catch up on sleep.

            The walk back to his dorm is extremely loud. Wednesday night is flag football night at the center space of the campus so everyone and their mother are watching the event. The walkways are crowded as Kyungsoo slips past people walking too slow for his liking; he just wants to go home.

“Kyungsoo!” A familiar voice shouts out. Kyungsoo turns around and finds his good acquaintance Hyunsik. He has black paint below his crescent eyes and he’s wearing recreation clothes. He’s another person that’s extremely happy for no reason.

“Hey,” Kyungsoo smiles.

“Are you going to stay for the game? I think tonight’s going to be a good game since Minhyuk is on the team.”

“I’m a little tired tonight…I think I’ll pass,” Kyungsoo rubs the back of his neck. “But I’ll come to the next one for sure.”

“You promise?”

“Yeah I promise,” Kyungsoo keeps his words. Hyunsik shakes Kyungsoo’s hand before he runs off towards the huge crowd of people. Kyungsoo sighs before he continues to walk.

 

            Chanyeol is leaving out when Kyungsoo reaches his floor. He has his guitar case on his back and he’s dressed in all black minus the red flannel tied around his waist. The hat he’s wearing is new, well Kyungsoo hasn’t seen it before, but it looks really good on him.

Kyungsoo waves at Chanyeol when he walks up to him and Chanyeol immediately brings his right hand up to Kyungsoo’s face. He glides his thumb across Kyungsoo’s cheek and Kyungsoo wants him to stop.

“You look tired,” Chanyeol says.

“I am. I’m about to go pass out on my bed,” Kyungsoo tries to smile but he’s too tired to do so.

“I won’t hold you up then,” Chanyeol laughs. “Goodnight Soo.”

            Before Kyungsoo can say goodnight back his face in on Chanyeol’s chest and Chanyeol’s arms are wrapped around him. It’s really warm and Chanyeol smells really good so Kyungsoo lets out a small sigh. Why did this giant have to be so cuddly?

            While Chanyeol hugs him they both rock back and forth until Chanyeol lets him go and tells him goodnight once again. Kyungsoo told him jokingly (more or less) to keep his hands to himself before saying goodnight, this time with no interruptions.

            “Home sweet home.” Kyungsoo tells himself when he gets his door open after struggling with his keys. All the lights are on but Minseok is fast asleep on his bed.

            Minseok really doesn’t know how to wrap himself up in blankets too well. He should know that if he doesn’t cover himself at night then he’s more likely to attract demons into the room. That’s what Kyungsoo’s grandma used to tell him and he believed it.

Kyungsoo throws his backpack onto his desk chair and walks quietly towards Minseok. Minseok has dark rings under his eyes and he’s still wearing his day clothes. There’s goosebumps on his arm, the red t-shirt is not doing anything to keep him warm. Neither are the shorts.

Kyungsoo carefully pulls the blanket from under Minseok and properly drapes it over the elder. Minseok doesn’t budge one bit, obviously too tired for anything but sleep. Kyungsoo makes sure to pull the blanket up to Minseok’s chin to make sure that he’s warm. Once Minseok looks warm enough, Kyungsoo is content and goes to his side of the room to change into his pajamas.

There’s a loud knock on the door when Kyungsoo is putting on his shirt. He hurriedly slips it on before running to the door to see who’s disturbing the peace. Jongin’s is the culprit, Kyungsoo forgot about their conversation this morning.

“You weren’t busy with anything or anyone?” Kyungsoo feels the need to ask since it is kind of early for Jongin to be over here.

“No I have to catch up on Hunter x Hunter tonight so everyone else is on hold,” Jongin explains.

“Weeb,” Kyungsoo sticks his tongue out. Jongin mimics Kyungsoo.

            Kyungsoo is seated in his desk chair and Jongin is sitting on his lap. He told Jongin that he could stand up if he wanted to (mostly because Jongin is kind of heavy) but Jongin said he was fine where he was so Kyungsoo was forced to deal with his foot falling asleep. They’re both in front of Kyungsoo’s laptop looking for the song.

For Minseok’s sake since he’s asleep, Kyungsoo plugs up his earphones. He gives Jongin the left one while he takes the right one. It’s not a huge quest to find the song since there weren’t too many English songs but it was enough of a quest, Kyungsoo wants to sleep.

“It’s this one!” Jongin half yells when they get to it, Body High by Mystery Skulls. It is a good song and it would be really good if Jongin danced to it, his dance moves are illegal. Kyungsoo suggests that he collaborates with Yixing on the choreography and Jongin happily agrees, Yixing is genius when it comes to making routines.

“Who is he?” Jongin asks when he looks in Minseok’s direction.

“That’s Minseok, my roommate,” Kyungsoo answers him.

“He’s really cute,”

“And he is a senior so he’s probably not interested in young boys like you.”

“I’ll have you know that I’m a grown man.”

“A grown man who’s about to binge watch a kids anime,” Kyungsoo remarks. “Also you have other people to take care of like Baekhyun.”

“He’s so annoying. He won’t leave me alone,” Jongin whines. “I told him it was a one night stand but he’s very persistent and I don’t want to be a jerk…I just don’t want a relationship.”

“Meet him in the middle or something and make it an open relationship,” Kyungsoo answers plainly.  It’s not time for him to give advice. It’s time for him to knock out.

“Hmmmm…that’s not a terrible idea,” Jongin ponders.

“You can think about it while you watch your anime,” Kyungsoo starts shooing the younger out of his room.

“Fine I’ll leave. Thanks for telling me the song,” Jongin smiles. “Goodnight Kyungsoo.”

“Goodnight,” Kyungsoo says before closing the door. Peace at last.

Finally, Kyungsoo turns off all the lights and settles onto his bed. Usually he thinks his bed is rock hard and uncomfortable but tonight it’s the softest thing in the world. He cuddles one of his pillows and closes his eyes. The day is finally over and he can now get the rest he needs.

“Goodnight Minseok,” Kyungsoo says though Minseok is fast asleep.

“Goodnight,” Minseok mumbles from under the covers.

            Kyungsoo didn’t expect that all but he’s not complaining. He just hopes Minseok was asleep when he tucked him in.


A/N*:I'm so sorry for taking so long >~< Here's the chapter and it's somewhat long to compensate~ I hope you all like it and I promise one day Kyungsoo will be nice to Baekhyun lol. Enjoy your days!