Mocha Bread

Roommates

There’s a dramatic dip in the bed that has Kyungsoo groaning. He squints his eyes open and is met with Minseok’s eyes really wide. The sun isn’t fully out and it’s still semi-dark in the small room.  Kyungsoo forgot that he and Minseok slept in the same bed last night, but he’s wondering why Minseok is up so early.

“Sorry I tried my best not to wake you,” Minseok whispers. “Go back to sleep.”

“Where are you going?” Kyungsoo asks back, still half asleep.

“Jogging. I’ll be back in a little bit.” Minseok hops off the bed and gets what he needs before he quietly steps out of the room. Kyungsoo looks over to his bed and finds Jongdae still sprawled out. He’s not sure how Jongdae moves so much when he’s sleep. Jongdae managed to kick off all the covers onto the floor, slide from the head of the bed to the foot, and have his feet dangling off the bed.

He’s just asking to get taken by demons.

Kyungsoo would have helped Jongdae back into a comfortable position but he’s too lazy and stated before, Jongdae would most likely beat him up for waking him up. Instead, he snuggles back into Minseok’s bed and goes back to sleep. He notices the big difference when Minseok’s not in the bed with him, it’s kind of empty.

 

The second time Kyungsoo wakes up it’s because he’s getting hit in the face with a pillow. It’s abrupt and he can barely open his eyes since the attacker is hitting really hard and quickly.

“Stop!” Kyungsoo screams out. He grabs the pillow and yanks it out of the attacker’s hand. Once he finally gets his eyes open throws the pillow, Jongdae plays around too much. “What did you do that for?”

“Because I wanted you to wake up,” Jongdae smiles. “Also I wanted to tell you that I have dirt on both you and Minseok.”

Jongdae’s smile turns mischievous and Kyungsoo knows nothing good could come from him. Kyungsoo watches as Jongdae pulls something up on his phone. He’s kind of nervous, he knows he didn’t do anything bad but…what did Jongdae find?

When Jongdae turns his phone around to show the pictures Kyungsoo’s mouth drops a little, he’s a little speechless. The picture shows him and Minseok sleeping, that part is normal. But, Minseok is snuggled into his chest and he has his arm wrapped around Minseok.

“I thought you two weren’t sleeping together,” Jongdae is laughing. “Why’d you lie to me.”

“I didn’t—we’re not sleeping together! I…I didn’t know we were cuddling,” Kyungsoo says. “But damn he managed to make me look manly. Look at me.”

“He did tell me he was such a bottom he would probably get pegged by a girl,” Jongdae takes his phone back from Kyungsoo and plops back on Kyungsoo’s bed.

“He didn’t,” Kyungsoo counters.

“I promise you he did. You should be happy since you finally have the chance to be the top you say you are.”

“Nothing is going on between us. We just became friends and I want to continue staying friends,” Kyungsoo finally gets up from Minseok’s bed and pulls Jongdae off his bed. “Let’s go to the kitchen. I’ll make us breakfast.”

They leave the room and make their way to the dorm’s kitchen. They’re still in their pajamas and they could care less. It’s only eight and there’s a few hours left before their first class.

Minseok is in the room by the time they get back. He’s not sweaty for a change, but considering that his hair is still wet it’s obvious that he just came from the shower. Jongdae greets Minseok as his best friend in the whole wide world just to cause stir a reaction from Kyungsoo (it didn’t) before he gets his stuff and leaves

“Make sure you bring back my pajamas,” Kyungsoo calls out into the hallway.

“No,” Jongdae shouts from the staircase.

Jongdae’s going to give them back of course (Kyungsoo will make sure he does) but Kyungsoo still groans at Jongdae’s stinginess. What kind of Virgo is he? Kyungsoo looks back at Minseok and finds him organizing his notes. He wonders if Minseok knew that they cuddled, and if he did…was he uncomfortable with that? Is that why he left at such an early time?

“You’re spacing out,” Minseok waves his hand in front of Kyungsoo’s face. When did Minseok get so close to him? “What’s on your mind?”

“I have a calculus test in a couple of hours,” Kyungsoo lies. “I didn’t study for it.”

“Shame on you,” Minseok shakes his head. He gets his stuff from off his bed and makes his way towards the door. “I’m going first. See you later.”

“Bye Minseok.”

When Minseok shuts the door behind him Kyungsoo lets out the breath he was holding in. Minseok seems to be acting the same so he should too right? It’s just simple cuddling, nothing more to it. With a sigh Kyungsoo drops any thoughts about him and Minseok, and gets ready for physics.

 

Kyungsoo is seated with Jongdae and Hani at a café off of campus. Sure the bus fare was pretty outrageous considering they only went through two zones to get to the town but it’s refreshing for the students to get off the campus. Classes went by pretty quickly and the three of them decided that it would be good to leave since there was no chorus practice today.

Jongdae showed the picture to Hani and she thought it was both hilarious and cute. Then proceeded to say that she remembered sleeping in the same bed as her girlfriend when they were friends until they got serious. Of course, Kyungsoo said that he and Minseok would never be a thing. Hani and Jongdae begged to differ.

“All of you need to eat something,” an older worker in the café basically materializes out of thin air to start pinching at Kyungsoo’s arms. “You’re really thin.”

Kyungsoo hangs his head and lets out a big sigh. If he hears something about his weight one more time, he’s going to throw something. Preferably someone, anyone who tells him he’s too thin.

“What do you want to order?” She asks them.

“Can we get another minute? There’s a lot to choose from,” Hani gives the lady a big smile.

“Of course, sweetie! I’ll be back in a couple of minutes.” The lady walks off and towards the direction of another table. Now they all see why this café had such a high rating in the friendliness section on FourSquare.

“This whole week I’ve been hearing about my weight….” Kyungsoo contemplates aloud. “Why is that?”

“Because you used to have those squishy marshmallow cheeks and now they are just regular cheeks. You lost a lot of weight between winter semester and spring semester,” Hani replies while texting away on her phone.

“Yeah. You should call your mom and ask for your nutritionist’s number,” Jongdae says. Kyungsoo is about to argue that he’s old enough to have his nutritionist’s number in his own phone but Jongdae continues. “I already know you don’t have the number. Call your mommy and get the number.”

Kyungsoo doesn’t know why he’s listening to his friends and calling his mother up. Sure he wants people to get off his back and leave his weight alone. But he could care less about what anyone thinks…was he trying to impress anyone?

“Kyungsoo I’m not buying you anymore ointment for your embarrassing itch,” Kyungsoo mother says immediately after the third ring.

Jongdae and Hani start laughing obnoxiously.

“Mom I don’t need that anymore…can I have the number for my nutritionist?”

“Why? Have you not been eating?” His mom sounds angry. Kyungsoo turns off speakerphone and brings the phone to his ear. “What did I tell you about skipping meals? You have a meal plan for a reason Kyungsoo, too eat.”

“I have been eating the right way. I want to gain muscle so I need to talk to a nutritionist to accumulate a proper eating plan so I can bulk up,” Kyungsoo half lies.

“My baby wants to get some muscle?” His mom sounds happy again, well he thinks. He rolls his eyes at his mother’s change of attitude. “This is so cute! Finally you don’t want to be the runt of the litter! I’ll send you the number and I’m going to steal some of your brother’s protein shakes to help you out. Good luck my son, and don’t gain too much weight or you’ll never get married.”

Kyungsoo doesn’t even get to say goodbye because his mom already hung up the phone. Jongdae and Hani are looking at him in amusement.

“I love how your mom referred to you as the runt of the litter like you were a puppy,” Hani is says once she and Jongdae finish laughing.

“I love how she talked about your embarrassing itch so casually,” Jongdae snickers."I'm your mom."

"I'm the embarassing itch."

"I'm the ointment," Jongdae and Hani go back and forth.

“Both of you shutup,” Kyungsoo commands. Of course they don’t listen to him and continue to harass him but he tunes them out once his mom texts the number.

   Surprisingly he doesn’t have to wait on the line for his nutritionist, Dr. Jeon, to come to the phone. The talk went quickly and Kyungsoo had a meal plan sent to him through email. The only time it got somewhat bad was when Dr. Jeon asked him what his current eating habits were like and Jongdae bellowed out that Kyungsoo ate nothing but birthday cake Oreos for two weeks straight. Dr. Jeon wasn’t happy at all and since his mom and his nutritionists are close friends, she told his mom.

   That ended up being another phone call he didn’t want to hear. But he told his mom he’d do better with his eating habits before hanging up. He made sure to properly hit Jongdae on the arm once everything was settled.

  Once they finished their meal at the café all of them made sure to get something for their dorm rooms. Kyungsoo thought about Minseok and remembered that Minseok liked mocha bread. Out of friendship, Kyungsoo bought the mocha bread for his beloved roommate.

 

    It’s almost 9 at night when Kyungsoo comes strolling into his dorm. Since neither he, Jongdae, or Hani felt like going back to the campus so soon they decided to go window shopping around town and catch a movie. Jongdae managed to con the movie theater people into thinking that Kyungsoo was his 12 year old son and that he was very tall for his age so Kyungsoo got to watch a movie for a cheaper price.

After the movie Junmyeon came along and said he’d treat them all to dinner. That whole time at dinner Hani and Kyungsoo tried to act like terrible fourth wheels but Jongdae quickly put them in their place. That mission had failed miserably.

“What are you doing?” Kyungsoo asks Minseok.

Minseok is standing in the middle of the room squinting at his side of the wall. Kyungsoo wasn’t going to question it but Minseok stared at it for a more than normal time period.

“I’m seeing if there’s enough space,” Minseok answers.

“For what?”

Minseok sighs and turns his attention to Kyungsoo. Before he starts his explanation he clasps his hands together. “As you may know, I like men.”

“Yeah…”

“And you know that I am in love with TVXQ,” Minseok continues on.

                Kyungsoo nods his head and waits for the rest of his reasoning. Minseok told him last night that he was disgustingly in love with TVXQ, especially Yunho.

“I have a poster that I want to hang up on the wall. It’s sort of like an inspiration for me to workout everyday,” Minseok continues. “Do you mind?”

“Nope. It’s your side of the wall,” Kyungsoo flops on his bed and starts playing a game on his phone while Minseok continues to scope the wall.

Minseok ends up hanging the poster up in ten minutes after contemplating for so long. When Kyungsoo looks up from his phone he nearly has a heart attack. The poster Minseok has is one of Changmin, but he’s shirtless. Showing his toned and sweaty, six pack glory.

Kyungsoo gulps hard.

“My ex wouldn’t let me keep this hung on my old wall because I should only be looking at his body,” Minseok mocks the last part of the sentence. “But now I can hang it up and continue to stare at it.”

“Well he’s definitely inspirational,” Kyungsoo says. He makes sure to capture a picture of the poster real quick on his snapchat to send to Jongdae. He captioned it ‘my roommate is complete tvxq trash’. “You won’t see the poster in all its glory on your side. The view is better on my bed.”

“Can I sit on your bed?”

“Sure.”

 

From Jongdae:

@9:34pm

 

I have no words.

 

To: Jongdae

@9:34pm

I didn’t want you to have words.

 

From Jongdae:

@9:34pm

What if you got fit like Changmin in the picture, how fast

do you think Minseok would bend over for you?

 

                Kyungsoo throws his phone on the bed. Now he really doesn’t have time for Jongdae’s words. Minseok gives him a questionable look but quickly ignores it before going back to admiring the poster. It’s when Minseok stomach growls when he remembers about the mocha bread.

“I almost forgot,” Kyungsoo pulls out the one of the wrapped bread packets from his bag. “I bought you mocha bread since you said you liked it yesterday.”

“You didn’t have to do that,” Minseok says.

“It was on sale?” Kyungsoo tries to bargain. He’s lying, the bread individually wrapped bread packs were actually full price and quite expensive, but he wasn’t going to tell Minseok that. “Try it and see if you like it.”

Minseok takes the bread and quickly takes a bite from the bread. Kyungsoo thinks it’s a little endearing how Minseok eats. He eats cutely just like Hani. He lets out a blissful sigh as he chews on the bread, his head tilts back, and he closes his eyes while he cheeks puff out.

“Is it good?” Kyungsoo laughs. Minseok is having even more of a reaction then when he ate Seokjin’s Hwangnam bread.

Minseok puts the bread in front of Kyungsoo’s mouth. “Try it,” he waits for Kyungsoo to take a bite of the bread.

“I just ate dinner. You eat,” Kyungsoo tries to persuade.

“It’s not like I told you to eat the whole thing. Just a bite.”

Kyungsoo listens to Minseok the second time around and takes a small bite of the mocha bread. It is really good, heavenly almost, but he’s not going to be as extra as Minseok. Maybe Minseok just really really likes mocha bread.

Kyungsoo gives the rest of the bread packets to Minseok and tells him to eat them well. Minseok complains about his thighs getting fat, but he thanks Kyungsoo for the snacks (he even told Kyungsoo that he was going to marry both him and Seokjin because they both feed him good bread but that’s not important. It’s not like Kyungsoo’s ears turned red).

It gets quiet between the two and Kyungsoo’s thinking about what he should to next when Jongin’s noise starts up.

Both Kyungsoo and Minseok sigh.

“Want to watch a movie? I’m logged into Jongdae’s Netflix account,” Kyungsoo offers.

“As long as it’s nothing terrible,” Minseok says. His stomach growls again. “But I need to get food. I can’t survive on bread.”

“The terrible ones are the best ones,” Kyungsoo smiles. “You’ll see.”

“Oh god…I guess I will,” Minseok gets up from Kyungsoo’s bed and slides onto his slippers. “I’m getting junk food.”

“Which is way better than surviving on bread,” Kyungsoo says sarcastically.

“Shutup,” Minseok laughs. “Come with me, I don’t want to go alone.”

“Okay,” Kyungsoo gets up even though he’s really tired from all the walking he did today. If Minseok’s getting junk food then he’s not going too far, the convenient store on campus is conveniently by the North side dormitory. Once he gets his shoes on they both leave out the room.

When he walks with Minseok he realizes that he technically asked Minseok to Netflix and chill with him. Kyungsoo rolls his eyes at himself. 


Netflix and chill c; Also birthday cake oreos are gross.