The breakfast

it's us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s already the next morning and YoonAh is standing frozenly in the kitchen, seeing her sleeping-headed daughter waking up so early and is making the breakfast.

 

“Oh, eomma. You’re already awake” She greet her.

 

“Yah, did you have a nightmare ?”

 

“Why eomma ?” she ask with her blank face.

 

“Or am I still dreaming right now ?” YoonAh pinch JiHyo left cheek. “Ah, eomma ! It’s hurt”

 

YoonAh show her shock face. “Yah, Song JiHyo, tell me now. Why are you doing all this ?”

 

“Ah, why can’t I do this ?” JiHYo keep on with her work.

 

“Yah, because it’s out of your habit. Waking so early in the morning and making breakfast for everyone, this is weird. Who are you ?”

 

JiHyo laugh with her mom question. “Eomma, geuge anieyo” She wash her hands. “I’m going to eat the breakfast with my sunbae who was helping me with the study for the test before” She stand in front of her mom. “I’m paying the kindness now”

 

“Your sunbae, that person is a man or a woman ?” YoonAh look into her eyes.

 

JiHyo startle. Then she suddenly get on her work again. “A sunbae” She answer slowly.

 

“Yah, that not in the answer” YoonAh didn’t feel satisfy with it.

 

“Ah, eomma. Are you going to help me or not ?” JiHyo ask as she feel kind annoy with all the questions.

 

“Aish, jeongmal, this girl” YoonAh suddenly smirk. “Why are you in hurry ? Did you promise him so early in the morning ?”

 

“Ani, eomma. He’s going to pick me up and I still didn’t ready yet” JiHyo answer unknowingly.

 

“Yah, I got you now. Exactly, your sunbae is a man” JiHyo bite her lip for her mistake. She galnce at her mom. “Aigo, look at our daughter. She’s a big girl now”

 

“Eomma … “

 

“Arasseo-yo” YoonAh nod. “Then, JiHyo ah. Go get ready now”

 

“Ani, eomma. I’m going to finish this first”

 

“Yah, it’s done already. All I have to do now is to put them in the box right ?” She's making sure the works left.

 

“Ne, eomma” JiHyo nod too. “Then, I’ll leave them with you” She kiss her mom on the checks. “Thanks eomma”

 

As JiHyo gone to her bedroom to get ready, YoonAh start doing the leftover work. About 10 minutes after that, the house bell is ring by someone.

 

“Ne, I’m coming” Her eyes enlarge. “Omo, you’re Kim JongKook right ?”

 

“Ah, ne. Annyeonghaseyo”

 

“I’m JiHyo eomma” She smile warmly. “Thank you for helping her out before the exam”

 

“Ah, it’s nothing actually”

 

“Ani, it must be hard for you to teach that girl. She’s really bad at study, you know” She sigh unconsciously.

 

JongKook laugh but then smile and reply. “Ne, I really have a hard time but she’s doing well”

 

“Really ? Then that’s a relieve” YoonAh laugh too.

 

“But, eomeonim. How did you know about me ?” He ask her politely.

 

“That girl really talks a lot about you. Every time we’re chatting, there must be something about you so how can I forget your name ?”

 

“Jinjja ?” He's feeling in mix. Shock and happy.

 

“Ah, don’t worry. There are only the good things” YoonAh laugh again follow by JongKook then.

 

“Eomma !” Suddenly JiHyo is calling from inside the house. But then she see her mom standing at the front door so get there and meet JongKook. “Oh, oppa waseo-yo ?” JongKook nod with a smile. “Eomma, why didn’t you tell me ?” JiHyo whisper to her mom but still can be heard by JongKook.

 

“I’m here just a few minutes ago and having some talk with your mother”

 

“Ani, if I know that you’re already here, I’ll be faster” JiHyo tilt her head.

 

“Gwenchana-yo, take your time” He calm her down. YoonAh smile when she hear it and look at her daughter. “Aigoo, you hear that ? He’s being considerate for your lateness”

 

“Eomma” JiHyo pouting, making her mom and JongKook smile.

 

YoonAh then turn her head to her daughter senior. “JongKook ah, why don’t you just eat together with us ?”

 

“I don’t really mind but – “

 

JongKook can't finish his words as JiHyo suddenly wave her hand, rejecting the idea. “Ani, ani. We’re going now ! Eomma, can you help me with the breakfast boxes ?”

 

“Aigoo, this girl” YoonAh just smile over her daughter action. She then get inside the house to grab the lunchbox while JiHyo is wearing her shoes  and start his car.

 

As YoonAh hand over the food of box, JiHyo hug her and bid goodbye. “I’m going, eomma”

 

“Ne, go now and comeback safely” Her mom smile warmly and wave her hand. She then remind JongKook to drive carefully and also bid goodbye to him.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter